RIP Manor Racing (2010-2017)

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The Marussia Thread

Post by Wallio »

DanielPT wrote:
Wallio wrote:Just saw the post on his Facebook. I don't know what I'm more looking forward to, him in a Marussia, or this forum exploding with rage that he's back. Honestly, its a toss up. :D

Explode? Why explode? I am completely cool with it. Good luck for the bloke during his foray into the test driver world of F1.

Some members here really hate him lol. It's just another reason to root for Marussia for me. And Ferrari supplies the motors to Marussia, and will be supplying Haas as a "Ferrari USA" in 2016. Could next year be grooming him for Mr. Haas? Way to early to speculate, but a guy can hope, right?
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Wallio wrote:
DanielPT wrote:
Wallio wrote:Just saw the post on his Facebook. I don't know what I'm more looking forward to, him in a Marussia, or this forum exploding with rage that he's back. Honestly, its a toss up. :D

Explode? Why explode? I am completely cool with it. Good luck for the bloke during his foray into the test driver world of F1.

Some members here really hate him lol.

Am I going to have to tell you this again? Don't you listen?

My dislike for him on personal level does not equal F1 Rejects hating him. How many times will it need to be repeated for you to understand this? One guy =/= everyone.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Its not only you, theres about a half dozen others. And besides you at least explained your hate.

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Good for Rossi, hope he makes the most of it.

The fact that an American is driving for the only "Russian" team in F1, especially given how current international tensions are, is kind of amusing.

Kind of like how Jamie and Enoch suggested that Force India hire Nur Ali because he's Pakistani. F1 doing it's part for world peace! HOO-RAH!
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Good for him I guess, but I still don't see Rossi accomplishing anything more than what Scott Speed managed. Well, unless you count not being punched by Franz Tost an achievement. :P
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Salamander wrote:Good for him I guess, but I still don't see Rossi accomplishing anything more than what Scott Speed managed. Well, unless you count not being punched by Franz Tost an achievement. :P

Since Marussia is "Russian" would Alex just disappear after 8 races or so instead :P ?

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Cynon wrote:Good for Rossi, hope he makes the most of it.

The fact that an American is driving for the only "Russian" team in F1, especially given how current international tensions are, is kind of amusing.

Kind of like how Jamie and Enoch suggested that Force India hire Nur Ali because he's Pakistani. F1 doing it's part for world peace! HOO-RAH!

So Alex Rossi to compete in FP1 for Marussia in Austin and Sochi then? ;)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

NBC is reporting he will be in EVERY FP1 for the rest of the year. I find that very hard to believe though.

Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Wallio wrote:NBC is reporting he will be in EVERY FP1 for the rest of the year. I find that very hard to believe though.

This is bad for Mr.Talent, if Bianchi won't leave the team in the end of the year.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116212

Marussia Manor to skip Sochi in GP3.
Rumors say the F1 team might not participate either.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Shizuka wrote:Rumors say the F1 team might not participate either.

Rumours are wrong - Will Buxton has posted a picture on Twitter showing the team preparing two chassis.

If Marussia were to withdraw, they would need approval from the FIA. And they would probably get it for the second chassis, but Chilton's is operational.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Good, what they need now is going strong on their „home” track.
I believe they can pull a surprise off.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Shizuka wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116212

Marussia Manor to skip Sochi in GP3.
Rumors say the F1 team might not participate either.

That's a logistics issue for the GP3 team, Mr. Buxton says it's been on the cards for a while anyway (I mean, they've had no real source of income other than Kujala's sponsors).

They might return for Abu Dhabi, it remains to be seen.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

They were never going to miss Sochi. It's been suggested that Nikolai Fomenko has only held onto the team this long so that a "Russian" team can compete in Russia.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Apparently, Bianchi's mechanics asked for Marussia not to find a replacement driver.

Of course, with all the rationality and professionalism that F1i is famous for, they titled the article: "Marussia to enter a single car in Sochi?"
http://www.f1i.com/infos/marussia-pas-courir-sotchi/
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

There's pictures of the second car being built up on Bianchi's side of the garage. They're going to run two cars.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
MrMG

Post by MrMG »

The team are required to have a spare as per the regulations. So 2 drivers = 3 chassis, 1 driver = 2.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Except that one chassis is currently impounded in Japan, and with a week between races, Marussia would not have time to build a new one. The photo clearly shows two chassis being prepared. If they weren't going to run a second car, it would be sitting in bits and pieces.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

MadGaz85 wrote:The team are required to have a spare as per the regulations. So 2 drivers = 3 chassis, 1 driver = 2.

I thought that rule was abolished in order to save costs? The whole "third car" rule.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

AndreaModa wrote:
MadGaz85 wrote:The team are required to have a spare as per the regulations. So 2 drivers = 3 chassis, 1 driver = 2.

I thought that rule was abolished in order to save costs? The whole "third car" rule.

I guess they probably have a third car, since Rossi actually drove in FP1 through the year. Unless that was Chilton's chassis.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Sublime_FA11C

Post by Sublime_FA11C »

Force majeure can be cited for this case. I doubt the FIA would punish Marussia or refuse them if they tried to run one car only. It's not like they're doing it to save on running costs. That said i bleive one of their reserve drivers will get the opportunity, though i'm not sure i'd envy them.
Leyton House wrote:Sauber - found out painting your car like an HRT will make it go like one.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Miguel98 wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:

I guess they probably have a third car, since Rossi actually drove in FP1 through the year. Unless that was Chilton's chassis.

FIA regulations state that teams may have no more than two cars available for use at any one time. Spare cars are not allowed, though teams may bring additional chassis which can be built up in the event of a race chassis being damaged beyond repair.

Marussia could quite easily run two cars in Russia. Chilton's and build up what would have been the Japanese spare chassis if they had one, of course that would mean that they don't have a spare for Russia. Alternatively but unlikely they could have had a chassis back at base and dispatched that one.

How many MR03 chassis have been built?
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

I suppose Rossi would fill in if Marussia are opting to run two cars. Terrible way to make a debut, but I don't think Marussia have any other options.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

It's not guaranteed to be Rossi. It could be Will Stevens, who is also a development driver. And since Bianchi is likely to be out for the year (if not for good), having a seat for four races has obvious appeal to the likes of Pic and van der Garde. And then there's Toro Rosso, with Verstappen and potentially Sainz Jnr. at the ready. And the Russian drivers, Sirotkin and Petrov and even Markelov (though he doesn't have a superlicence). I could even see Russian Time's backers working to get Mitch Evans into the seat
Sublime_FA11C

Post by Sublime_FA11C »

Will Stevens and Alexander Rossi are reserve drivers for Marussia, so either of them would be a logical pick. Or would be if this were a one or two race deal. The seat will be for the remainder of the season with an eye for next year. At the moment Marussia would probably loathe to angle the best possible deal for them and their potential drivers, but giving their reserves and possibly a pay driver a chance would make practical and financial sense. Then again, there is still a very real possibility that both Caterham and to a lesser extent Sauber will overtake them in the WCC, so going with a talented rather than pay driver would be best for all.

Sadly, and with respect, i don't see Bianchi racing again because his involvement in an F1 race would probably pose a danger to himself first and foremost but possibly other drivers as well. An independent and mobile "normal" life would be a victory as things stand right now.
Leyton House wrote:Sauber - found out painting your car like an HRT will make it go like one.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Sublime_FA11C wrote:Will Stevens and Alexander Rossi are reserve drivers for Marussia, so either of them would be a logical pick. Or would be if this were a one or two race deal. The seat will be for the remainder of the season with an eye for next year. At the moment Marussia would probably loathe to angle the best possible deal for them and their potential drivers, but giving their reserves and possibly a pay driver a chance would make practical and financial sense. Then again, there is still a very real possibility that both Caterham and to a lesser extent Sauber will overtake them in the WCC, so going with a talented rather than pay driver would be best for all.

Sadly, and with respect, i don't see Bianchi racing again because his involvement in an F1 race would probably pose a danger to himself first and foremost but possibly other drivers as well. An independent and mobile "normal" life would be a victory as things stand right now.

Remember in the last year. Valsecchi was the Lotus reserve driver but Kovalainen got the seat.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Sublime_FA11C

Post by Sublime_FA11C »

Dj_bereta wrote:Remember in the last year. Valsecchi was the Lotus reserve driver but Kovalainen got the seat.

Yep, no guarantees at all. Heck Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton, Raikkonnen all had contracts for 2015 but things changed very quickly.

Kovalainen didn't exactly shower himself in glory that time, while younger guns such as Ricciardo, Kvyat, Magnussen, etc. delivered once they got the chances. This may encourage other teams to invest or at least give chances to young talent rather than gamble on proven drivers. Esp. when their experience can work against them and their remaining time in F1 is limited. Bottas is a bit more experienced but was still mostly a young, unproven possible talent. His performances this year made Williams lock him down and claim him as their own for the near future. Red Bull ignored that Alonso became available once their own star driver suddenly departed, and moved to promote a very young driver instead. Magnussen's seat is currently safer than Button's...

In hindsight, all that move from 2013 did was screw Valsecchi. Well done Lotus. Well done. Though with hindsight, many decisions appear obviously wrong, and they were in greater need of scoring points than "testing" a rookie.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Sublime_FA11C wrote:Will Stevens and Alexander Rossi are reserve drivers for Marussia, so either of them would be a logical pick. Or would be if this were a one or two race deal. The seat will be for the remainder of the season with an eye for next year. At the moment Marussia would probably loathe to angle the best possible deal for them and their potential drivers, but giving their reserves and possibly a pay driver a chance would make practical and financial sense. Then again, there is still a very real possibility that both Caterham and to a lesser extent Sauber will overtake them in the WCC, so going with a talented rather than pay driver would be best for all.

It'll basically come down to who can come up with the most money.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

Well, that was pretty expected. I hope he has a good debut regardless the way he has entered the F1.
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Im pleased for Rossi but its a tough call with unexpected pressure from the focus he's bound to attract.
Just For One Day...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

solarcold wrote:

Well, that was pretty expected. I hope he has a good debut regardless the way he has entered the F1.

According to Autosport, the decision is more subtle than that. All teams have to submit their nominated drivers by 4pm of the Thursday before the Grand Prix. But Marussia are still in negotiations as to whether they will enter one or two cars this weekend, or even none. But if they were to enter two cars, then Alex Rossi has been entered as the second driver. But neither car is confirmed as definitely 100% yet, dependent upon discussions with Bernie.

And John Booth has stayed behind in Japan.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

From Twitter I understand the decision on one or two cars will be made tomorrow morning. Rossi has been entered for now but it wouldn't surprise me if someone completely different rocked up in the seat come FP1.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

solarcold wrote:

Agreed 100%.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

And yet, Rossi will not race this weekend.
As much as I respect their right to race with one car to show their support, I can't help but think they are wasting quite a lot by that.
I kinda feel for Alex as well - he was given a second chance in a row and it was taken away from him in the last minute.
Here's hope that third time really is a charm.

Also, Phillippe Bianchi gave us an update on Jules' condition, and after 5 days there is no significant improvement.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Pointrox wrote:Also, Phillippe Bianchi gave us an update on Jules' condition, and after 5 days there is no significant improvement.

Bugger :(
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:
Pointrox wrote:Also, Phillippe Bianchi gave us an update on Jules' condition, and after 5 days there is no significant improvement.

Bugger :(

Not that it is the same situation, but remember how long it took for us to start receiving more positive news from Schumacher's condition. Brain takes time to heal.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Oh I know, it could be weeks and months but I'd hoped....
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:Oh I know, it could be weeks and months but I'd hoped....

I just hope that Bianchi can recover to live a decent life. That is all I am hoping for at this moment...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Pointrox wrote:And yet, Rossi will not race this weekend.
As much as I respect their right to race with one car to show their support, I can't help but think they are wasting quite a lot by that.
I kinda feel for Alex as well - he was given a second chance in a row and it was taken away from him in the last minute.
Here's hope that third time really is a charm.

This. I'm really tired of seeing him getting snubbed. He deserves at least one weekend to race at.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.