2014 Japanese Grand Prix + Couch Discussion Thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Boomstick

Re: 2014 Japanese Grand Prix Discusuchsion Thread

Post by Boomstick »

You guys are insane!

In-front of my new TV in my house I have one of my IKEA chairs. I have various car seats I could use (my office chair is off a Nissan Pintara), but nothing like a real couch...

...So instead of getting the boys round, firing up the BBQ and watching F1 with a few beers...this northern suburbs boy might be around at the couch factory doing a little firing up of his own :evil: I mean I have the perfect alibi....a F1 race was on, I mean do you think I'd miss that!?!?

The concept of watching F1 in bed (it requires a TV move upstairs) might not work. Given my passion for F1 I do wonder if herself will make some sneaky moves in a effort to make me miss the race:

"sorry dear not at the moment, the two young lads Frank hired are on TV"
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Boomstick wrote:You guys are insane!

Says the man with no couch! Sheesh.
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:

Yeah! Worse, he says his bed is a "her".

Now, boomstick, go get a couch ASAP before someone calls the men on the white coats. ;)
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2014 Japanese Grand Prix + Couch Discussion Thread

Post by pasta_maldonado »

My, my. It appears discussion of the impending automotive spectacular has taken a back seat in favour of seat-based tomfoolery!
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

We need a technical writing from Mario about couches before we can continue this thread.

A few years back, i watched television in a camping chair due to lack of space. Some of them are remarkably comfortable, and the big plus is that they have a cup holder! :D
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Yeah those camping chairs are superb. Great at a race as well, and if like me you queue through the night to get a good spot on Sunday, they're great for catching some sleep in prior to all the action! I particularly like how you sort of sit 'in' them rather than 'on' them - almost like a hammock, although I've never actually been in a hammock, but at least it looks like that anyway. They're great if you're fat because they accommodate a nice wide arse, and equally they're great if you're thin like me as I can get my knees up into it as well and snuggle up for that all important sleep on the morning of the race!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

You kids are so spoilt, when I were a lad.....
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:You kids are so spoilt, when I were a lad.....
[img]image[/img]

You did your pooh in a bucket?
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AndreaModa wrote:Yeah those camping chairs are superb. Great at a race as well, and if like me you queue through the night to get a good spot on Sunday, they're great for catching some sleep in prior to all the action! I particularly like how you sort of sit 'in' them rather than 'on' them - almost like a hammock, although I've never actually been in a hammock, but at least it looks like that anyway. They're great if you're fat because they accommodate a nice wide arse, and equally they're great if you're thin like me as I can get my knees up into it as well and snuggle up for that all important sleep on the morning of the race!

Only problem is, if you're a lardarse, they are very difficult to get up out from!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dr-baker wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:Yeah those camping chairs are superb. Great at a race as well, and if like me you queue through the night to get a good spot on Sunday, they're great for catching some sleep in prior to all the action! I particularly like how you sort of sit 'in' them rather than 'on' them - almost like a hammock, although I've never actually been in a hammock, but at least it looks like that anyway. They're great if you're fat because they accommodate a nice wide arse, and equally they're great if you're thin like me as I can get my knees up into it as well and snuggle up for that all important sleep on the morning of the race!

Only problem is, if you're a lardarse, they are very difficult to get up out from!

I think we can all agree that, at a race, a camping chair is probably the best option. At home and with dr-baker post, we are back to couches! And I will add that you should avoid chaise longues. They make it nasty to keep awake.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

DanielPT wrote:
[img]image[/img]

Perhaps one for the Scots only....
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:
DanielPT wrote:
[img]image[/img]

Perhaps one for the Scots only....

Regardless, it still looks like that is what he is doing. Take it as an objective first time observation.
mario

Post by mario »

This wrote:We need a technical writing from Mario about couches before we can continue this thread.

A few years back, i watched television in a camping chair due to lack of space. Some of them are remarkably comfortable, and the big plus is that they have a cup holder! :D

I'm not quite that bad, am I? :?
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Does this thread bring a new meaning to the phrase "armchair fan"?
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

mario wrote:
This wrote:We need a technical writing from Mario about couches before we can continue this thread.

I was just curious to see what you would come up with.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

mario wrote:

No, you're just that GOOD!!! ;)

And that is meant sincerely...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Boomstick

Post by Boomstick »

DanielPT wrote:
CoopsII wrote:

Yeah! Worse, he says his bed is a "her".

Now, boomstick, go get a couch ASAP before someone calls the men on the white coats. ;)

Well it won't be happening for the next race.

Due to my unique radiation license qualifications, work are sending me on a 4000 odd km drive to show some gear off. So I'll be finding a pub in Ceduna to watch the race before I drive over the null and boring the next day.

On the upside, by the time I get back home I should have a couch.

Its serious stuff.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Guess what weather the Official F1 Site is predicting for Sundays race?

Go on, guess!
Just For One Day...
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

CoopsII wrote:Guess what weather the Official F1 Site is predicting for Sundays race?

Go on, guess!

Rain, and F1 will celebrate the 25th anniversary of Prost running into Senna with Hamilton running into Rosberg.

Nuff said :)

EDIT: Also, the FIA is probably suffering from a lack of couches liek Boomstick. Why else would we be talking about them?
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

I'd like to think F1 will celebrate the Senna and Prost thing by the Mercs having a bad qualifying session and then a fairly anonymous race which is won by a Williams or a Red Bull thus proving that no matter how hard you try to force Today into a legendary epoch in actual fact things just happen sometimes.
Just For One Day...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

CoopsII wrote:I'd like to think F1 will celebrate the Senna and Prost thing by the Mercs having a bad qualifying session and then a fairly anonymous race which is won by a Williams or a Red Bull thus proving that no matter how hard you try to force Today into a legendary epoch in actual fact things just happen sometimes.

I'd take either that, or Rosberg emulating Senna just to piss Hamilton off. :P
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Salamander wrote:
CoopsII wrote:I'd like to think F1 will celebrate the Senna and Prost thing by the Mercs having a bad qualifying session and then a fairly anonymous race which is won by a Williams or a Red Bull thus proving that no matter how hard you try to force Today into a legendary epoch in actual fact things just happen sometimes.

I'd take either that, or Rosberg emulating Senna just to piss Hamilton off. :P

Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".
Just For One Day...
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

http://www.f1i.com/infos/caterham-conserve-kobayashi-japon/

Kobayashi to drive in Suzuka; Merhi to do FP1.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".

You are clearly hard to please. Ins't enough that Sutil is trying to emulate Liuzzi's massive drives to 13th?
More_Blue_Flags

Post by More_Blue_Flags »

CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".

I might just borrow that for my sig for a while if that's OK with you, CoopsII
LellaLombardi

Post by LellaLombardi »

:lol: I think Coops wins the internet today!
Maria De Villotta will forever be badass. Rest in Peace.
Pulling for Schumi and Jules.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

DanielPT wrote:

You are clearly hard to please. Ins't enough that Sutil is trying to emulate Liuzzi's massive drives to 13th?

Isn't it enough that Kobayashi emulated Aguri Suzuki a couple of years back? Maybe we'll have Super Kamui as a team in the future.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

FullMetalJack wrote:Isn't it enough that Kobayashi emulated Aguri Suzuki a couple of years back? Maybe we'll have Super Kamui as a team in the future.

Enough? From Kamui? No! I want MOAR!

That new Caterham front wing will take him into points this weekend! #IBelieveInKamui
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
tzerof1

Post by tzerof1 »

Miguel98 wrote:Talking about Catheram...

https://twitter.com/theJudge13Twts/status/517335416526356480

Is it just me or is the Leafield Technical Centre jinxed? Since every F1 team that has been there has eventually landed in financial ruination, or is alleged to be on the path to financial ruination.
"If you don't like it, overtake or f**k off!"- Niki Lauda responding to complaints of his Brabham BT46 'fan car" throwing debris in drivers' faces.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

The exodus from Caterham is underway. Will Stevens has stumped up some cash and will drive FP1 for Marussia, in Chilton's car: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116114
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Yahoo weather on my ipod says that it will actually rain on Sunday.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
lgaquino

Post by lgaquino »

Talking about suzuka, am I the only one who wants (surely in vain) the old chicane back?
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

More_Blue_Flags wrote:

I might just borrow that for my sig for a while if that's OK with you, CoopsII

Damn, you beat me to it!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
apple2009

Post by apple2009 »

I hope one of the Caterhams wins. Preferably Kamui.
GwilymJJames

Re: 2014 Couch + Will Stevens Thread (ft. Japanese Grand Pri

Post by GwilymJJames »

AndreaModa wrote:The exodus from Caterham is underway. Will Stevens has stumped up some cash and will drive FP1 for Marussia, in Chilton's car: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116114

This thread is now about Will Stevens.

WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

apple2009 wrote:I hope one of the Caterhams wins. Preferably Kamui.

Given the weather forecast this weekend I'm predicting that it's bone dry on the parade lap. Caterham take a gamble that it will rain by the time the first lap is completed and put inters on both cars. Suddenly there's a massive downpour and the whole field bar the Caterhams pit for inters. Ericsson does a di Grassi and bins it at the 130R leaving Kamui as the only remaining driver in the field who didn't pit. There's chaos in the pitlane with an unsafe release for Kvyat taking out both himself and Button. Rosberg and Hamilton collide in what is in actual fact a racing incident, with the drivers themselves even admitting to it but the media treat it as an escalation of the Mercedes conflict anyway. On lap 3 Kobayashi has a 20-second lead but with Vettel closing in. Maldonado and Gutiérrez collide at the chicane with debris from the accident as well as the increasingly slippery surface resulting in a five-car pileup with Grosjean also retiring due to a loss of poo-er. The red flag is shown on lap 5 due to the accident and the increasing intensity of the storm. The race is not resumed and half-points are awarded with Kobayashi being declared winner, Vettel is 2nd and Raikkonen completes the podium in 3rd. Marussia get both cars into the points with Bianchi 9th and Chilton 10th. :D
#FreeGonzo
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

I swear all these young F1 drivers look like they should belong in boybands.
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

andrew2209 wrote:I swear all these young F1 drivers look like they should belong in boybands.

Chilton, Ericsson and Stevens should start one. They could be called the Backrow Boys!