Son of The Boss - Max Verstappen

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
S951

Son of The Boss - Max Verstappen

Post by S951 »

just reading on autosport forum Max has a stupidly good karting record so far and had broken plenty of lap records in formula renault testing against more experience drivers, anyone else been watching him? think it may be watching forumla renault next year if he is that good
Last edited by S951 on 24 Nov 2013, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
good_Ralf

Re: Son of The Boss - Max Verstappen

Post by good_Ralf »

S951 wrote:just reading on autosport forum Max as a stupidly good karting record so far and had broken plenty of lap records in formula renault testing against more experience drivers, anyone else been watching him? think it may be watching forumla renault next year if he is that good

Is it 2.0 or 3.5?
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
S951

Post by S951 »

should of said 2.0 sorry

noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

Looking forward to seeing Kevin Magnussen's replacement in action.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Mexicola wrote:Looking forward to seeing Kevin Magnussen's replacement in action.

Wut. He's 16 and has just graduated from karting. :roll: If anyone's gonna replace Magnussen, it'll probably be Stoffel Vandoorne. :roll: :roll:
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Salamander wrote:
Mexicola wrote:Looking forward to seeing Kevin Magnussen's replacement in action.

Wut. He's 16 and has just graduated from karting. :roll: If anyone's gonna replace Magnussen, it'll probably be Stoffel Vandoorne. :roll: :roll:

http://statsf1.com/en/stewart-sf02.aspx
-*:-
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

Salamander wrote:Wut. He's 16 and has just graduated from karting. :roll: If anyone's gonna replace Magnussen, it'll probably be Stoffel Vandoorne. :roll: :roll:

Yeah, because I was being entirely serious with my post. Come on, man...
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Salamander wrote:

Looks like your Magnussen fanboyism made you totally miss the joke :roll:
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

eurobrun wrote:
Salamander wrote:Wut. He's 16 and has just graduated from karting. :roll: If anyone's gonna replace Magnussen, it'll probably be Stoffel Vandoorne. :roll: :roll:

... and your desire to get revenge on the world made you point out silly comments from three weeks ago. Stones and glass houses, my dear, stones and glass houses.
RonDenisDeletraz

Klon wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

... and your desire to get revenge on the world made you point out silly comments from three weeks ago. Stones and glass houses, my dear, stones and glass houses.

Three weeks ago? I legit didn't realise when I posted that. I was just browsing through threads I had marked as unread.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

eurobrun wrote:
Klon wrote:
eurobrun wrote:Looks like your Magnussen fanboyism made you totally miss the joke :roll:

Three weeks ago? I legit didn't realise when I posted that. I was just browsing through threads I had marked as unread.

Yeah, because it's not like there were two other posts pointing out the exact same thing. :roll:
Everything's great.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Now, now girls, its Christmas time. Lets play nice for once.
Just For One Day...
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

CoopsII wrote:Now, now girls, its Christmas time. Lets play nice for once.

Jingle Bells
Bernie smells
I wish he'd go away
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

The new Verstappen on the blocks, Max, has just got his first win in cars in the Florida Winter Series, a championship run by Ferrari Driver Academy. http://www.paddockscout.com/verstappen-gets-first-car-win-in-shortened-third-palm-beach-race/
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Florida and winter. :lol:
That's like saying sun and moon, Ron Dennis and Ferrari, or Kevin Spacey and Danny DeVito.
Frentzen127

Post by Frentzen127 »

Jocke1 wrote:...or Kevin Spacey and Danny DeVito.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... kF6E#t=162
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

wsrgo wrote:The new Verstappen on the blocks, Max, has just got his first win in cars in the Florida Winter Series, a championship run by Ferrari Driver Academy. http://www.paddockscout.com/verstappen-gets-first-car-win-in-shortened-third-palm-beach-race/

I think he'll be the new MaxiAttack. I sleo think he's bound to get in F1 in about 6 yesrs time with his stupidly good talent and progress.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

I appreciate that this is not a very original observation, but the likes of Max Verstappen and Kevin Magnussen make me feel ridiculously old. Surely their dads were only in F1 about five minutes ago...?
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Paul Hayes wrote:I appreciate that this is not a very original observation, but the likes of Max Verstappen and Kevin Magnussen make me feel ridiculously old. Surely their dads were only in F1 about five minutes ago...?

And if one sees NASCAR/Stock Car Racing there's even more of the same. Makes us feel old when Chase Elliott might race his father Bill. Bill? He's almost been in semi-retirement from NASCAR as long as Jos Verstappen's been out of F1. This youth movement of some promising sons of the former drivers makes me feel old as well.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
girry

Post by girry »

Don't worry about the sight of Jan Magnussen's son and your age - Jan is still actively racing sportscars across the pond. He's only 40.
when you're dead people start listening
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

Thank you, you're very reassuring to a man who turned 30 last week!
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

Waris

Post by Waris »

wsrgo wrote:http://www.paddockscout.com/karting-prodigy-max-verstappen-joins-fia-f3-grid-with-var/

Max Verstappen has gone straight from karts to F3. :shock:

If anything that is testament to the deplorable state F3 is currently in.
Also, I noticed a Michele Beretta on that entry list... Could it be?
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

Waris wrote:
wsrgo wrote:http://www.paddockscout.com/karting-prodigy-max-verstappen-joins-fia-f3-grid-with-var/

Max Verstappen has gone straight from karts to F3. :shock:

If anything that is testament to the deplorable state F3 is currently in.
Also, I noticed a Michele Beretta on that entry list... Could it be?

I'm sorry, what do you find deplorable about the current state of the series?

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Waris wrote:Also, I noticed a Michele Beretta on that entry list... Could it be?

According to Autosport, this Beretta is Italian and Olivier Beretta is famously Monegasque. But those two countries are close enough to not make it impossible...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

dr-baker wrote:close enough to not make it impossible...

I like those odds.
S951

Post by S951 »

So he did it faster time than I thought he would

DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Jocke1 wrote:Florida and winter. :lol:
That's like saying sun and moon, Ron Dennis and Ferrari, or Kevin Spacey and Danny DeVito.

:roll: Oh we do get some cold days down here. Maybe not as bad as the people up north, but you can still freeze to death at that time of year. We even get snow on rare occasions. If fact, we had one of our coldest winters on record earlier this year. Ice storms incapacitated most of the southeast for several days.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Waris

Post by Waris »

wsrgo wrote:I'm sorry, what do you find deplorable about the current state of the series?

I'm not talking about the Euroseries (or whatever it's called nowadays) but about the category of F3 in general: it's apparently getting too expensive for teams to afford it, entry lists in national championships are shrinking, some countries (Italy) have already done away with their F3 championships, and FIA even created F4 as a new affordable single-seater category.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Waris wrote:
wsrgo wrote:I'm sorry, what do you find deplorable about the current state of the series?

I'm not talking about the Euroseries (or whatever it's called nowadays) but about the category of F3 in general: it's apparently getting too expensive for teams to afford it, entry lists in national championships are shrinking, some countries (Italy) have already done away with their F3 championships, and FIA even created F4 as a new affordable single-seater category.

Waris has a point. Even the German AND British series are at risk too.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Waris wrote:

It's not just F3, the whole feeder series network is a complete and utter shambles. There are twice as many categories as need be with an ever-decreasing number of drivers and teams thinly spread across each. The costs continue to rise, and all the FIA can do is keep on inventing yet more categories to compound the problem even more!

I've always liked Gerhard Berger but in his role at the FIA he has done absolutely nothing to stop the general decline of feeder series all across Europe. If anything, things like the Euro F3 championship and F4 are just quickening the decline.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
RAK

Post by RAK »

AndreaModa wrote:It's not just F3, the whole feeder series network is a complete and utter shambles. There are twice as many categories as need be with an ever-decreasing number of drivers and teams thinly spread across each. The costs continue to rise, and all the FIA can do is keep on inventing yet more categories to compound the problem even more!

I've been thinking about the big differences between the FIA and motorcycling's FIM with regard to this matter. The FIM has a solid set of racing categories in Grand Prix motorcycle racing, with the feeder classes of Moto2 and Moto3 looking very secure in comparison to the feeder series in single-seater car racing, as well as entry routes to MotoGP through various Superbike or Supersport championships. Of course, having many different classes of Grand Prix motorcycle racing has been a consistent thing since the very start, so this may be a contributing factor, but the FIM seems to be doing this in a more healthy manner than the FIA.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

RAK wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:It's not just F3, the whole feeder series network is a complete and utter shambles. There are twice as many categories as need be with an ever-decreasing number of drivers and teams thinly spread across each. The costs continue to rise, and all the FIA can do is keep on inventing yet more categories to compound the problem even more!

I've been thinking about the big differences between the FIA and motorcycling's FIM with regard to this matter. The FIM has a solid set of racing categories in Grand Prix motorcycle racing, with the feeder classes of Moto2 and Moto3 looking very secure in comparison to the feeder series in single-seater car racing, as well as entry routes to MotoGP through various Superbike or Supersport championships. Of course, having many different classes of Grand Prix motorcycle racing has been a consistent thing since the very start, so this may be a contributing factor, but the FIM seems to be doing this in a more healthy manner than the FIA.

Though keep in mind that Superbikes didn't exist until the very late 80s, itself having roots in the old "Formula 1" bike racing category created to give the Isle of Man TT, NW200, Ulster GP, etc some meaning once the world championships cleared off in the 70s. Until more recently there was quite a distinction between the two - Superbikes was always MotoGP's poorer brother because of the stock nature of the bikes. A bit like comparing F1 to BTCC. But that said, what developed was two very distinct "streams" - the world championship circus with 500cc and later MotoGP as the pinnacle and 125cc and 250cc as feeders, and then Superbikes, with Supersport and Superstock as feeders. Both were also backed by strong national championships - particularly in the case of Superbikes for Britain, and 125cc for Spain, whose championship was almost a pre-requisite for any rider worth his salt.

It's only in the past 5 years or so that the overlap between Superbikes and MotoGP has got so close to allow a fairly simple swap should a rider choose to do so. And that's not been without controversy. But overall yeah it's definitely more distinct than cars which is just all over the shop.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

AndreaModa wrote:It's only in the past 5 years or so that the overlap between Superbikes and MotoGP has got so close to allow a fairly simple swap should a rider choose to do so. And that's not been without controversy. But overall yeah it's definitely more distinct than cars which is just all over the shop.

Just ask Cal Crutchlow and Ben Spies and Colin Edwards to name a few who went from WSB to Moto GP!
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
andrew

Post by andrew »

Just to emphasise the terrible state of f3: in the British f3 at Thruxon there were 5 entires... Make of that what you will.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

andrew wrote:Just to emphasise the terrible state of f3: in the British f3 at Thruxon there were 5 entires... Make of that what you will.

And I thought 12 entries in TOCA Race Driver 2 on PSP, plus 8-10 in real life Formula Formula Ford this year (as part of the TOCA package) were poor shows...
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

andrew wrote:Just to emphasise the terrible state of national f3: in the British f3 at Thruxon there were 5 entires... Make of that what you will.

Fixed. European F3 is doing fine.
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

Salamander wrote:
andrew wrote:Just to emphasise the terrible state of national f3: in the British f3 at Thruxon there were 5 entires... Make of that what you will.

Which is a big reason why the national series are struggling, European F3 is the only F3 series the FIA really cares about. That isn't really a problem while there is still competitive grids though

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:
Salamander wrote:

Which is a big reason why the national series are struggling, European F3 is the only F3 series the FIA really cares about. That isn't really a problem while there is still competitive grids though

The problem is of course the costs of competing in a pan-European season are bound to be higher than a national series like the British and German ones. That plus the FIA forcing the teams to use the latest spec chassis when it's clearly obvious the old ones are still fine, flies in the face of the whole point of the series in providing a good, cheap step on the motorsport ladder. The fact the FIA almost tried to force every F3 series to use the new chassis this year which would have ended everything even earlier than is now predicted, just confirms that.

And as a result of F3 dwindling, we now have F4. Can someone explain to me the point of this series? Is it a replacement to Formula Ford? If so, why aren't Ford a part of it? Why are the two series competing? And this is all before FRenault 2.0. It's all such a clusterf*ck of a mess.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Max will participate in the Japanese Grand Prix's free practice 1... possibly in Vergne's car.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water