Alt-1954 - Season Review up!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
tommykl

Re: F1WRCR 1954 season - Dutch Grand Prix up!

Post by tommykl »

pi314159 wrote:O.S.C.A. are going to repair the damaged engines, and hope that Bentley agrees to pay half of the repair costs of von Brauchitsch's engine.

By engines, you mean Brauchitsch's and Barth's?
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Samster

Post by Samster »

Ambrosiana will fix Porfirio's chassis.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Aston will repair chassis 3 and send chassis 2 and 11 down to the base for upgrades.

For anyone in need of a chassis, the AM-04 Chassis 1 is on sale, at a discounted rate of 22 000 pounds. Repairs will be done on the car for you before the sale goes through.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Aerospeed wrote:Aston will repair chassis 3 and send chassis 2 and 11 down to the base for upgrades.

For anyone in need of a chassis, the AM-04 Chassis 1 is on sale, at a discounted rate of 22 000 pounds. Repairs will be done on the car for you before the sale goes through.

I might be interested, but i might not get enough money by scrapping the Bentley car, so i suggest returning AM chassis 6, and getting AM chassis 1 for an even more reduced price.

tommykl wrote:You would get £2 500 from scrapping the Bentley chassis and £1 500 from the engine. You'd make more by flogging it to someone or putting it up for auction at the end of the season (although the latter would only bring in the money afterwards).

So it's not going to be enough for covering the Nürburgring expenses. I strongly recommend AM to consider option B, because a good performing customer raises your profile as a constructor.
Last edited by Nessafox on 26 Jul 2014, 17:06, edited 2 times in total.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

This wrote:
Aerospeed wrote:Aston will repair chassis 3 and send chassis 2 and 11 down to the base for upgrades.

I might be interested, depending on how much money it would get me to scrap the Bentley chassis (which has dissapointed me)

You would get £2 500 from scrapping the Bentley chassis and £1 500 from the engine. You'd make more by flogging it to someone or putting it up for auction at the end of the season (although the latter would only bring in the money afterwards).
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

tommykl wrote:
pi314159 wrote:O.S.C.A. are going to repair the damaged engines, and hope that Bentley agrees to pay half of the repair costs of von Brauchitsch's engine.

Yes, I mean these two.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

pi314159 wrote:
tommykl wrote:

Yes, I mean these two.

Indeed, Bentley shall front half of the repair costs for the equipment.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Renzo will repair their broken Ferrari chassis.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Gordini will repair all damage and upgrade all cars if possible
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

This wrote:
tommykl wrote:You would get £2 500 from scrapping the Bentley chassis and £1 500 from the engine. You'd make more by flogging it to someone or putting it up for auction at the end of the season (although the latter would only bring in the money afterwards).

So it's not going to be enough for covering the Nürburgring expenses. I strongly recommend AM to consider option B, because a good performing customer raises your profile as a constructor.

So do you want me to have your old chassis in the end?
Trulli bad puns...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Aerospeed wrote:
This wrote:

So do you want me to have your old chassis in the end?

Yes, because that's the only way it's going to be affordable for me. But it's not like chassis 6 is a crapbox, it's been performing rather decent and has had a few upgrades last season. I'm just informing if i can get a good deal out of it. If i can't, well, then i'll restart negotiations for the 1955 season.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
pycku

Post by pycku »

I think this is the end for the short lived Balkan history in F1. Bulgarian government rules out that they will no more invest in that capitalistic bacchanalia and pull out the team. If communism can't win on this battlefield, they will no more participate.

Read this as that I don't think Balkan Eagle can survive and this is their end :) More or less the same is going to happen with Leader, I am afraid.
To finish first, first you have to finish!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

pycku wrote:I think this is the end for the short lived Balkan history in F1. Bulgarian government rules out that they will no more invest in that capitalistic bacchanalia and pull out the team. If communism can't win on this battlefield, they will no more participate.

Read this as that I don't think Balkan Eagle can survive and this is their end :) More or less the same is going to happen with Leader, I am afraid.

So, does that mean that Balkan Eagle pulls out of every remaining race, or that you're going until you reach bankruptcy?

pycku

Post by pycku »

I think I reached bankruptcy because I dont believe I have enough money for participation next round (to pay all taxes). If I have - then I will give it a try :)
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

pycku wrote:I think I reached bankruptcy because I dont believe I have enough money for participation next round (to pay all taxes). If I have - then I will give it a try :)

You're about £10 000 away from the debt ceiling (-£24 000 in your case). That's enough for about two more races if you enter two cars and don't damage them.

pycku

Post by pycku »

tommykl wrote:
pycku wrote:I think I reached bankruptcy because I dont believe I have enough money for participation next round (to pay all taxes). If I have - then I will give it a try :)

You're about £10 000 away from the debt ceiling (-£24 000 in your case). That's enough for about two more races if you enter two cars and don't damage them.

In that case we will enter both races with just one car (and scrap the other). Fischer will drive next race, and most probably Gordini is to replace him. After that we will either have some money, or go bankrupt...
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

pycku wrote:
tommykl wrote:

In that case we will enter both races with just one car (and scrap the other). Fischer will drive next race, and most probably Gordini is to replace him. After that we will either have some money, or go bankrupt...

Which car will you scrap?

pycku

Post by pycku »

chassis 6
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Going to bring our chassis to our HQs for a major upgrading for a last ditch before serious measures could be done
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

EMW will actually compete in the German GP with Hans Herrmann driving

I will also offer up Aata Hughes from New Zealand to compete in one of the rounds of the championship. His experience consisit of two races in the World Sportscar Championship (1954 season) and recently competing in the 1953 Australian Grand Prix where he finished 8th.
Officially Retired
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

HawkAussie wrote:I will also offer up Aata Hughes from New Zealand to compete in one of the rounds of the championship. His experience consisit of two races in the World Sportscar Championship (1954 season) and recently competing in the 1953 Australian Grand Prix where he finished 8th.

No fictional drivers allowed :roll:

HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

tommykl wrote:
HawkAussie wrote:I will also offer up Aata Hughes from New Zealand to compete in one of the rounds of the championship. His experience consisit of two races in the World Sportscar Championship (1954 season) and recently competing in the 1953 Australian Grand Prix where he finished 8th.

:evil: :oops: is the recation I can only say. But the fictional drivers have come sooner or later.
Officially Retired
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

HawkAussie wrote:
tommykl wrote:

:evil: :oops: is the recation I can only say. But the fictional drivers have come sooner or later.

I'll let them enter some time in the 1960s, and only in a very restricted manner (as in drivers who are already part of the canon before hand).

Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

As Aldo Gordini is not driving for Balkan Eagle in the next Grand Prix, Anglo-Racing Engineering would like him to drive our Gordini in place of Fred Wacker
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Before I run the British Grand Prix, there are a few issues, as usual:

-Ferrari need to fix engine 3.
-JAMR need to fix engine 13.
-Asso di Fiori need to fix chassis 5.

You have until Friday August 15th at noon CET, or else Schell, Trintignant and Ruttman will be pulled from the entry list.

the Masked Lapwing

Re: F1WRCR 1954 season - TMLW! Wizzie! RDD! IN HERE!

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

I'll fix the engine. I apologise for being lazy :P
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Jaguar will fix the damaged engine
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Yep, will repair the chassis
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
dr-baker

Re: F1WRCR 1954 season - Silverstone in preparation

Post by dr-baker »

Looking forward to this event!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

July 16th 1954, British Grand Prix prequalifying

After four races, the 1952 world champion B. Bira leads the championship with 18 points, not having yet won a race. No driver has yet won multiple races, with the wins going to Brabham, Manzon, Ramos and Bettenhausen. Consalvo Sanesi (of WinsLol fame) has not yet finished a race, in typical fashion.

As usual, Silverstone has attracted a large amount of entries, 45 of them for 24 grid spots.

2. André Simon (Mercedes-Benz Team Europe) - Mercedes WM-2 chassis 1, Mercedes UM153 engine 1
4. Bernie Ecclestone (Mercedes-Benz Team Europe) - Mercedes WM-2 chassis 2, Mercedes UM153 engine 2
6. Johnny Claes (Mercedes-Benz Team Europe) - Mercedes WM-2 chassis 4, Mercedes UM153 engine 12
8. Piero Taruffi (Scuderia Anglo-Italia) - Bentley Speed 4 chassis 4, O.S.C.A. 156s engine 1
10. Maria Teresa de Filippis (Maria Teresa de Filippis) - O.S.C.A. F154 chassis 2, O.S.C.A. 156s engine 2
12. Giuseppe Farina (Alfa Romeo SpA) - Alfa Romeo AR160 chassis 1, Alfa Romeo ARV8 engine 1
14. Stirling Moss (Alfa Romeo SpA) - Alfa Romeo AR160 chassis 3, Alfa Romeo ARV8 engine 3
16. Peter Whitehead (Alfa Romeo SpA) - Alfa Romeo AR160 chassis 2, Alfa Romeo ARV8 engine 2
18. Louis Chiron (Leader) - Leader LF153 chassis 1, O.S.C.A. 156s engine 4
20. Rudi Fischer (Balkan Eagle) - Alfa Romeo AR160 chassis 4, Balkan Lion F154 engine 3
22. Karl Kling (Loyer Racing) - Loyer LR101 chassis 1, Ferrari 555 engine 8
24. Alberto Ascari (Phoenix Racing Organisation) - Phoenix PRO-2 chassis 1, Mercedes UM153 engine 7
26. Tony Bettenhausen (Jaguar-Aston Martin Racing) - Aston Martin AM-04 chassis 11, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 1
28. Dries van der Lof (Jaguar-Aston Martin Racing) - Aston Martin AM-04 chassis 3, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 3
30. B. Bira (Jaguar-Aston Martin Racing) - Aston Martin AM-04 chassis 2, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 2
32. Maurice Trintignant (Jaguar-Aston Martin Racing) - Aston Martin AM-04 chassis 4, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 13
34. Lance Macklin (Reatherson Racing Developments) - Bentley Speed 4 chassis 2, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 6
36. Robert Manzon (Alexander Racing Team-Gordini) - Gordini G-953 chassis 1, Gordini ART-004 engine 1
38. Consalvo Sanesi (Alexander Racing Team-Gordini) - Gordini G-953 chassis 2, Gordini ART-004 engine 2
40. Peter Collins (Alexander Racing Team-Gordini) - Gordini G-953 chassis 3, Gordini ART-004 engine 3
42. Hernando da Silva Ramos (Alexander Racing Team-Gordini) - Gordini G-953 chassis 4, Gordini ART-004 engine 4
44. Aldo Gordini (Anglo Racing Engineering) - Gordini G-953 chassis 5, Gordini ART-004 engine 5
46. Anne Hall (BRUNEL) - Bentley Speed 3 chassis 8, Bentley 163-1 engine 7
48. Troy Ruttman (Asso di Fiori) - Aston Martin AM-04 chassis 5, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 8
50. Luigi Villoresi (Asso di Fiori) - Aston Martin AM-04 chassis 10, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 10
52. Harry Schell (Scuderia Ferrari) - Ferrari 555 chassis 9, Ferrari 555 engine 3
54. Toulo de Graffenried (Scuderia Ferrari) - Ferrari 555 chassis 2, Ferrari 555 engine 2
56. Jack Brabham (Scuderia Ferrari) - Ferrari 555 chassis 1, Ferrari 555 engine 5
58. Roberto Mieres (Erne Racing Development) - Aston Martin AM-04 chassis 8, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 14
60. Onofre Marimon (Erne Racing Development) - Aston Martin AM-04 chassis 9, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 15
62. Giovanni Bracco (Scuderia Ambrosiana) - Ambrosiana A-003 chassis 1, Alfa Romeo ARV8 engine 5
64. Porfirio Rubirosa (Scuderia Ambrosiana) - Ambrosiana A-003 chassis 2, Alfa Romeo ARV8 engine 6
66. Ivor Bueb (Royal Racing Automobile Company) - Maserati AM53 chassis 7, Maserati 200F engine 10
68. David Hampshire (Hampshire Racing Alliance) - Bentley Speed 4 chassis 5, Bentley 16VL-1 engine 4
70. Manfred von Brauchitsch (Scuderia Anglo-Italia) - O.S.C.A. F154 chassis 1, Bentley 16VL-1 engine 3
72. Paul Frère (Officine Alfieri Maserati) - Maserati AM53 chassis 1, Maserati AM53 engine 1
74. Ron Flockhart (Officine Alfieri Maserati) - Maserati AM53 chassis 2, Maserati AM53 engine 2
76. John Fitch (Assasti Millanti) - Leader LF153 chassis 3, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 11
78. Edgar Barth (Team Ultimate) - Ultimate chassis 002a, O.S.C.A. 156s engine 5
80. Jean Behra (Team Ultimate) - Ultimate chassis 002b, O.S.C.A. 156s engine 6
82. Geoff Richardson (Geoff Richardson) - Bentley Speed 4 chassis 3, Bentley 16VL-1 engine 2
84. Jack Fairman (F.H. Warden Competition) - Bentley Speed 3 chassis 6, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 9
86. Giannino Marzotto (Officine Renzo) - Ferrari 555 chassis 7, Ferrari 555 engine 11
88. Ken Wharton (F.H. Warden Competition) - Bentley Speed 4 chassis 6, Bentley 16VL-1 engine 5
90. José Froilan Gonzalez (Scuderia Anglo-Italia) - O.S.C.A. F154 chassis 3, O.S.C.A. 156s engine 3

-Redman Racing Team have decided to pull out of Formula One due to a lack of motivation, leaving Nello Pagani out of a drive.
-Peter Whitehead's car has been repaired and Alfa Romeo are back with three cars.
-With Balkan Eagle getting deeper and deeper into their financial issues, they revert to a single car for Fischer here. They're trying to survive on a race-by-race basis.
-Loyer only enter a single car here, for Karl Kling.
-Lance Macklin's car has also been repaired and will be taking part in Silverstone.
-With Aldo Gordini not entered for Balkan Eagle here, he temporarily drives for ARE in the car bearing his name.
-BRUNEL return to the paddock with a full Bentley package for British rally specialist Anne Hall, who didn't do badly at the non-championship Pau Grand Prix.
-Luigi Villoresi returns from his injury and replaces super-sub Tony Gaze, who scored his first point in Zandvoort.
-Erne Racing Development return after skipping the Dutch round with the usual pairing of Mieres and Marimon.
-The second Ambrosiana also returns after being repaired.
-Once again, RRAC rotate their line-up, with Bueb driving the Maserati.
-Like Erne, Assasti Millanti return after skipping the Dutch Grand Prix.
-Ecurie Albertini have decided to skip ahead to Sebring, missing Silverstone, Bremgarten and the Nürburgring.
-Warden also return, but with two cars instead of one. Jack Fairman drives the Bentley-Jaguar while Wharton drives a new Bentley package.
-Officine Renzo bring the Ferrari to Silverstone as well, but with Marzotto taking Serafini's place.

21 drivers will have to go through pre-qualifying. And quite a few big names are in there.

Bernie Ecclestone
Giuseppe Farina
Louis Chiron
Rudi Fischer
Karl Kling
Lance Macklin
Consalvo Sanesi
Aldo Gordini
Anne Hall
Luigi Villoresi
Harry Schell
Onofre Marimon
Ivor Bueb
David Hampshire
Paul Frère
Ron Flockhart
John Fitch
Jean Behra
Geoff Richardson
Jack Fairman
Ken Wharton

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Prequalifying performance.

Hampshire - 112
Frère - 110
Wharton - 108
Chiron - 107
Marimon - 106
Sanesi - 105
Gordini - 105
Ecclestone - 104
Richardson - 104
Farina - 103
Kling - 100
Fitch - 100
Hall - 98
Behra - 97
Schell - 96
Fischer - 95
Flockhart - 94
Bueb - 92
Macklin - 83
Villoresi - 80
Fairman - 72

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Prequalifying results
1. Consalvo Sanesi (Gordini) - 1:45.12
2. Giuseppe Farina (Alfa Romeo) - 1:45.65
3. David Hampshire (Bentley) - 1:49.15
4. Harry Schell (Ferrari) - 1:49.34
5. Onofre Marimon (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 1:49.79
6. Ken Wharton (Bentley) - 1:49.99
7. Bernie Ecclestone (Mercedes) - 1:50.39
8. Rudi Fischer (Alfa Romeo-Balkan Lion) - 1:51.00
9. Aldo Gordini (Gordini) - 1:51.08
10. Louis Chiron (Leader-O.S.C.A.) - 1:51.22
11. Luigi Villoresi (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 1:51.23
12. Lance Macklin (Bentley-Jaguar) - 1:51.62
13. Geoff Richardson (Bentley) - 1:51.71
14. Jean Behra (Ultimate-O.S.C.A.) - 1:52.05
15. Karl Kling (Loyer-Ferrari) - 1:52.18
16. Anne Hall (Bentley) - 1:52.35
17. John Fitch (Leader-Jaguar) - 1:52.87
18. Paul Frère (Maserati) - 1:53.40
19. Ron Flockhart (Maserati) - 1:54.50
20. Ivor Bueb (Maserati) - 1:55.52
21. Jack Fairman (Bentley-Jaguar) - 1:55.98

Some definite surprises here, with Villoresi and Macklin failing to make it. The Maseratis are nowhere, once again, while Hampshire, Marimon, Wharton and Fischer will be delighted at making main qualifying, especially the Balkan Eagle driver in such difficult times.

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Qualifying performance.

Hampshire - 124
Bettenhausen - 113
Ecclestone - 113
Trintignant - 110
Whitehead - 108
Sanesi - 107
Bira - 106
van der Lof - 102
Collins - 102
Marimon - 102
Ramos - 101
Simon - 101
Taruffi - 101
Schell - 100
Rubirosa - 99
von Brauchitsch - 99
Marzotto - 99
Moss - 98
Gonzalez - 98
de Filippis - 96
Ascari - 95
Manzon - 95
Mieres - 95
Bracco - 95
de Graffenried - 94
Wharton - 94
Brabham - 92
Barth - 92
Ruttman - 90
Farina - 90
Claes - 89
Fischer - 86

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Qualifying results
1. Consalvo Sanesi (Gordini) - 1:44.83
2. Tony Bettenhausen (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 1:45.00
3. B. Bira (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 1:45.45
4. Maurice Trintignant (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 1:45.68
5. Peter Whitehead (Alfa Romeo) - 1:45.71
6. Hernando da Silva Ramos (Gordini) - 1:46.07
7. Peter Collins (Gordini) - 1:46.32
8. Dries van der Lof (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 1:46.35
9. Giuseppe Farina (Alfa Romeo) - 1:46.93
10. Robert Manzon (Gordini) - 1:47.19
11. Stirling Moss (Alfa Romeo) - 1:47.37
12. Jack Brabham (Ferrari) - 1:47.77
13. David Hampshire (Bentley) - 1:47.80
14. Porfirio Rubirosa (Ambrosiana-Alfa Romeo) - 1:48.16
15. Toulo de Graffenried (Ferrari) - 1:48.25
16. José Froilan Gonzalez (O.S.C.A.) - 1:48.34
17. Piero Taruffi (Bentley-O.S.C.A.) - 1:48.79
18. Harry Schell (Ferrari) - 1:48.82
19. Alberto Ascari (Phoenix-Mercedes) - 1:48.84
20. Giovanni Bracco (Ambrosiana-Alfa Romeo) - 1:49.04
21. Manfred von Brauchitsch (O.S.C.A.-Bentley) - 1:49.30
22. Bernie Ecclestone (Mercedes) - 1:49.35
23. Troy Ruttman (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 1:49.45
24. Edgar Barth (Ultimate-O.S.C.A.) - 1:49.57
25. Onofre Marimon (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 1:50.11
26. Maria Teresa de Filippis (O.S.C.A.) - 1:50.16
27. Giannino Marzotto (Ferrari) - 1:50.34
28. André Simon (Mercedes) - 1:50.68
29. Ken Wharton (Bentley) - 1:51.36
30. Johnny Claes (Mercedes) - 1:51.40
31. Rudi Fischer (Alfa Romeo-Balkan Lion) - 1:51.84
32. Roberto Mieres (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 1:52.02

No surprises, but certainly disappointment, especially de Filippis (who scored fifth in Zandvoort). Ecclestone will finally start a race. He already qualified in France but failed to take the start after a pre-race mechanical failure. Also, a brilliant performance from David Hampshire to take 13th place on the grid.
Last edited by tommykl on 16 Aug 2014, 07:07, edited 1 time in total.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

OK, so Anne Hall didn't DNPQ, but she wasn't last by a fair margin. Well, enough for BRUNEL to be happy enough with on her debut.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
tommykl

Re: F1WRCR 1954 season - Britain qualifying up!

Post by tommykl »

And here is race performance!

van der Lof 47
de Graffenried 28
Hampshire 27
Bira 20
Ascari 17
Bracco 12
Trintignant 7
Taruffi 6
Collins 5
Rubirosa 1
Ruttman -4
Barth -6
Farina -6
Sanesi -7
Ramos -9
Bettenhausen -13
Moss -10
Manzon -15
Brabham -16
Schell -18
Gonzalez -21
Ecclestone -24
Whitehead -33
von Brauchitsch -58

There will be 10 retirements, six of them mechanical, none of them engine failures and four of them accidents (3 Cat. 1 and a single Cat. 3).

tommykl

Re: F1WRCR 1954 season - Britain qualifying up!

Post by tommykl »

July 18th 1954, British Grand Prix
Van der Lof had a great start and took sixth place while Bettenhausen took the early lead from Sanesi and Bira. Whitehead and Brabham also had a good start, Whitehead second by lap 2. Sanesi started falling backwards. By lap 6, he was down in fifth place. Ramos and Collins were also losing ground, in ninth and tenth. Dries van der Lof continued his good start to the race by taking fifth from Sanesi on the very next lap. One more lap later, he passed Bira and Whitehead and took third position. On lap 11 though, Sanesi bounced back and climbed back up to third place, scoring the fastest lap of the race. Third place had turned into a hotly contested battle.

On lap 13, Bettenhausen lost the lead to teammate Trintignant, but took it back two laps later. Apart from a few minor battles though, the race settled down. Van der Lof took a steady third place. The race's first retirement came on lap 24, when Piero Taruffi, last after chronic gearbox issues, finally stopped at Chapel. On the next lap, van der Lof caught and passed teammate Trintignant for second place and started to close the gap to Bettenhausen. On lap 28, the drivers were reduced to 22 when Robert Manzon shoved Jack Brabham off the track for 12th position. The Australian was not too pleased about it, and neither was Troy Ruttman when he took himself out by using Harry Schell as a brake on the following lap. Two laps later, there were 20 cars remaining when Ramos suffered steering issues and retired out of 8th position.

On lap 36, after taking a hit from Ruttman, Schell was nerfed off by Giovanni Bracco, ending his race. Six laps later, it was Maurice Trintignant who was out of the race after tangling with Peter Collins. He was sent hard into the earth bank on the Hangar Straight and the car briefly caught air. Trintignant walked away unhurt. Whitehead span off on oil on lap 46, leaving 17 drivers in the race. On the next lap, it was 16 after Manfred von Brauchitsch's suspension failed, then 15 when Peter Collins had a spin out of fifth position.

On lap 48, van der Lof had caught Bettenhausen, and after a couple of laps of trying to pass, the American understood that it was of no use to him to hold the Dutchman up and let him through. Bettenhausen subsequently dropped to fourth place behind Bira and Sanesi, while David Hampshire took fifth from Farina, continuing his brilliant performance this weekend. Meanwhile, Robert Manzon threw his Gordini off the road, capping a terrible performance including more than a few touches with other drivers.

Hampshire couldn't last long ahead of Farina, and the Brit had to settle for sixth for the time being. At the back, Bernie Ecclestone's transmission failed, presumably having been malfunctioning throughout the race, as he was last by a pretty fair margin. 13 drivers were left. They were reduced to 12 on lap 70 when Toulo de Graffenried was nerfed off by Edgar Barth. The Swiss was not at all happy and waved angrily at the German for the rest of the race whenever he drove by. The final retirement was Alberto Ascari, whose gearbox exploded with three laps remaining.

Van der Lof came through and scored a commanding maiden victory, becoming the fifth different winner in five races! Bira extends his lead with a fourth consecutive second place. Sanesi and Bira finally finish a race, both of them in the points. David Hampshire, meanwhile, will be absolutely thrilled with the final point for sixth position.

1. Dries van der Lof (Aston Martin-Jaguar) 2:26:51.67
2. B. Bira (Aston Martin-Jaguar) +2 laps
3. Consalvo Sanesi (Gordini) +3 laps
4. Tony Bettenhausen (Aston Martin-Jaguar) +4 laps
5. Giuseppe Farina (Alfa Romeo) +4 laps
6. David Hampshire (Bentley) +5 laps
7. Stirling Moss (Alfa Romeo) +5 laps
8. Porfirio Rubirosa (Ambrosiana-Alfa Romeo) +8 laps
9. Giovanni Bracco (Ambrosiana-Alfa Romeo) +8 laps
10. Edgar Barth (Ultimate-O.S.C.A.) +9 laps
11. José Froilan Gonzalez (O.S.C.A.) +9 laps
Ret. Alberto Ascari (Phoenix-Mercedes) +10 laps/Gearbox
Ret. Toulo de Graffenried (Ferrari) +14 laps/Collision
Ret. Bernie Ecclestone (Mercedes) +22 laps/Transmission
Ret. Robert Manzon (Gordini) +25 laps/Accident
Ret. Peter Collins (Gordini) +29 laps/Spin
Ret. Peter Whitehead (Alfa Romeo) +31 laps/Spin
Ret. Manfred von Brauchitsch (O.S.C.A.-Bentley) +33 laps/Suspension
Ret. Maurice Trintignant (Aston Martin-Jaguar) +35 laps/Accident
Ret. Harry Schell (Ferrari) +42 laps/Collision
Ret. Hernando da Silva Ramos (Gordini) +45 laps/Suspension
Ret. Troy Ruttman (Aston Martin-Jaguar) +48 laps/Collision
Ret. Jack Brabham (Ferrari) 49 laps/Collision
Ret. Piero Taruffi (Bentley-O.S.C.A.) +52 laps/Gearbox

Fastest lap: Consalvo Sanesi (Gordini) - 1:45.82

Championship standings
Drivers

1. B. Bira - 24
2. Jack Brabham - 13
3. Tony Bettenhausen - 12
4. Dries van der Lof - 11
5. Hernando da Silva Ramos - 10
6. Robert Manzon - 9 (1 win)
7. José Froilan Gonzalez - 9 (1 2nd)
8. Porfirio Rubirosa - 7
9. Dorino Serafini - 6
10. Peter Collins - 5
11. Consalvo Sanesi - 4 (1 3rd, 4 Rets)
12. Reg Parnell - 4 (1 3rd, 2 Rets)
13. Maurice Trintignant - 3
14. Stirling Moss - 2 (1 5th, 1 7th)
15. Maria Teresa de Filippis - 2 (1 5th, 1 Ret)
16. Giuseppe Farina - 2
17. David Hampshire - 1 (1 6th, 1 Ret)
18. Tony Gaze - 1 (1 6th, 1 DNQ)

Constructors
1. Aston Martin-Jaguar - 32
2. Gordini - 27
3. Ferrari - 16
4. O.S.C.A.-Bentley - 9
5. Ambrosiana-Alfa Romeo - 7
6. Alfa Romeo - 4
7. O.S.C.A. - 2
8. Bentley - 1

Entrants
1. Jaguar Aston Martin Racing - 32
2. Alexander Racing Team - 27
3. Scuderia Ferrari - 16
4. Scuderia Anglo-Italia - 9
5. Scuderia Ambrosiana - 7
6. Alfa Romeo SpA - 4
7. Maria Teresa de Filippis - 2
8. Asso di Fiori - 1 (1 6th, 1 7th)
9. Hampshire Racing Alliance - 1 (1 6th, 1 Ret)

Post-race report coming soon.
Last edited by tommykl on 17 Aug 2014, 16:38, edited 1 time in total.

tommykl

Re: F1WRCR 1954 season - British Grand Prix up!

Post by tommykl »

Post-race report
Injuries
Harry Schell has been injured in his accident, fracturing his elbow. He is out of action for 51 days, until September 7th. He will be set to return for the Italian Grand Prix.

Damage
De Graffenried's chassis (555 chassis 2) - £5 946
Manzon's chassis (G-953 chassis 1) - £14 094
Collins' chassis (G-953 chassis 3) - £5 885
Whitehead's chassis (AR160 chassis 2) - £5 120
Trintignant's chassis (AM-04 chassis 4) - £15 673
Schell's chassis (555 chassis 9) - £5 895
Ruttman's chassis (AM-04 chassis 5) - £5 169
Brabham's chassis (555 chassis 1) - £5 768

Prize money - distance
Dries van der Lof - £2 000
B. Bira - £1 973
Consalvo Sanesi - £1 960
Tony Bettenhausen - £1 947
Giuseppe Farina - £1 947
David Hampshire - £1 933
Stirling Moss - £1 933
Porfirio Rubirosa - £1 893
Giovanni Bracco - £1 893
Edgar Barth - £1 880
José Froilan Gonzalez - £1 880
Alberto Ascari - £1 867
Toulo de Graffenried - £1 813
Bernie Ecclestone - £1 707
Robert Manzon - £1 667
Peter Collins - £1 613
Peter Whitehead - £1 587
Manfred von Brauchitsch - £1 560
Maurice Trintignant - £1 533
Harry Schell - £1 440
Hernando da Silva Ramos - £1 400
Troy Ruttman - £1 360
Jack Brabham - £1 347
Piero Taruffi - £1 307
Onofre Marimon - £500
Maria Teresa de Filippis - £500
Giannino Marzotto - £500
André Simon - £500
Ken Wharton - £500
Johnny Claes - £500
Rudi Fischer - £500
Roberto Mieres - £500

Prize money - positions
Dries van der Lof - £26 000
B. Bira - £21 250
Consalvo Sanesi - £19 500
Tony Bettenhausen - £11 750
Giuseppe Farina - £9 000
David Hampshire - £6 250
Stirling Moss - £5 500
Porfirio Rubirosa - £4 750
Giovanni Bracco - £4 000
Edgar Barth - £3 250
José Froilan Gonzalez - £2 500
Alberto Ascari - £2 250
Toulo de Graffenried - £2 000
Bernie Ecclestone - £1 750
Robert Manzon - £1 500
Peter Collins - £1 250
Peter Whitehead - £1 000
Manfred von Brauchitsch - £750
Maurice Trintignant - £500
Harry Schell - £250

Budgets updated.

Aerospeed

Re: F1WRCR 1954 season - British Grand Prix up!

Post by Aerospeed »

Great race! Nice to see Van Der Lof win a race :)

Given the damage on Trintignant's chassis, we will put that one up for sale at a discounted price of 20,000 pounds. Again, all damages will be repaired once the sale is made. With that in mind, we'd like to build a new chassis for Trintignant, which will be named the AM-04 Chassis 12 (I think). Also, please send chassis 2 and 11 (for Bira and Bettenhausen) to the base for an upgrade.
Last edited by Aerospeed on 20 Aug 2014, 15:27, edited 1 time in total.
Trulli bad puns...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1WRCR 1954 season - VanDerBossWinsLol!

Post by DanielPT »

Alfa Romeo to repair AR160 chassis 2.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.