The Ali Dia Football/Soccer Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Miguel98

Re: The Ali Dia Football/Soccer Thread

Post by Miguel98 »

3-0... Brazil took a turn for the worst, and in my opinion, takes away the ROTWC award...
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Frentzen127 wrote:
Dj_bereta wrote:Two irregular goals for Holland. Yeah, the referees are helping brazil in this world cup... :roll:

You just hurtin' cuz you don't need the help anymore. Besides even if it wasn't a penalty Thiago should have been given a red but only gpt a yellow.
And the second goal was legitimate so what are you on about?

Stop attacking me mate. I'm talking about the game. If you have problems with me, PM me if you want to talk.

First, there no penalty. Yes, Thiago deserved the red card, but a penalty is a bigger mistake than a missing red card. Second, there is an off side in the second goal. Holland clearly deserved to win this game, but this wasn't a justify to ignore the referee mistakes.

Also, if Brazil was helped in this world cup, so why Thiago Silva got a Yellow card in the quarter finals? Why Zuniga and the others who intentionally injured Neymar didn't get a red card? The only moment in this world cup that Brazil was helped was in the first game, with the penalty. Isn't a absurd to say that the Brazilian team was more prejudiced than helped by referee errors.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Dj_bereta wrote:
Frentzen127 wrote:
Dj_bereta wrote:Two irregular goals for Holland. Yeah, the referees are helping brazil in this world cup... :roll:

You just hurtin' cuz you don't need the help anymore. Besides even if it wasn't a penalty Thiago should have been given a red but only gpt a yellow.
And the second goal was legitimate so what are you on about?

Stop attacking me mate. I'm talking about the game. If you have problems with me, PM me if you want to talk.

First, there no penalty. Yes, Thiago deserved the red card, but a penalty is a bigger mistake than a missing red card. Second, there is an off side in the second goal. Holland clearly deserved to win this game, but this wasn't a justify to ignore the referee mistakes.

Also, if Brazil was helped in this world cup, so why Thiago Silva got a Yellow card in the quarter finals? Why Zuniga and the others who intentionally injured Neymar didn't get a red card? The only moment in this world cup that Brazil was helped was in the first game, with the penalty. Isn't a absurd to say that the Brazilian team was more prejudiced than helped by referee errors.

Thirdly, you forgot to mention the coming together with Oscar and Blind that left Oscar with a yellow card for supposed simulation even though it was a foul on Holland's part.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Frentzen127

Post by Frentzen127 »

Im afraid I disagree on almost all counts but Im on my mobile so I cant elaborate. Then again its not like my opinion matters but if you think Zuñiga was bad then what about Fernandinho whose sole purpose in this tournament seems to have been kicking the living daylights out of the opposition.
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Sorry, but there's no way the tackle that ended Neymar's tournament was intentional. It was a freak accident and unfortunate, but it wasn't intentional.

And either way, even if he'd made the semi-final, he wouldn't have changed the result. If people genuinely think a single player can carry a team through an entire tournament, especially such a weak and fragile team like Brazil, then they are sorely mistaken. The wheels had to come off at some point, and it turns out it was Germany. It was just unfortunate that Neymar wasn't on the pitch at that time, because at least then there wouldn't be an excuse for the performance.

Whilst we won't get a new winner tomorrow, it will be nice to have either team, both of which have rich World Cup histories, adding to their tally. We'll either get Germany joining Italy on four wins, or Argentina matching the Germans with three. If I had to pick a team I'd go for Germany I think, but ultimately I'm not too fussed who wins. I'm just happy it isn't Brazil really, because 5 wins is more than enough for now! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Frentzen127

Post by Frentzen127 »

And Thiago Silva wouldnt have been booked if he hadnt been a retard. Challenging a keeper whos kicking a handled ball away? Who does that?
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

And there we are, after a game which saw Lionel Messi become Lionel Missi, Germany are World Champions once again.

Great to see Miroslav Klose finally win it. :D
Last edited by Londoner on 13 Jul 2014, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
W12

Post by W12 »

Germany have won the World Cup! :D
Born on the same day as HWNSNBM!

Fan of: Ricciardo, Räikkönen and Marussia (R.I.P?).
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Yay, Germany won.. :D
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Argentina hasn't done a single thing in this world cup that people will remember, so Germany really earned it. They embarrassed all Brazilian-speaking countries in the world cup, so that's defenitely something we won't forget.

Now i'm curious if Germany can finally win something on Russian territory in 2018. (sorry, can't resist mentioning the war, i blame the British for that :P )

In other news, North Korea won their 8th final against Portugal, after winning against the US, China and Japan in their group phase, with impressive numbers, according to their TV. It must be a hoax, but you never know with these guys...
Last edited by Nessafox on 13 Jul 2014, 23:33, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Germany deserved to win, although Argentina had some pretty clear chances in that final and will be kicking themselves. I think you could argue a case for all of the German players to be in a World Cup best XI except for maybe Ozil and Howedes.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Everyone is going to be partying awfully late tonight..... :D

Couldn't ask for more of a final. Well done Germany, here's to a great tournament!!

Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Probably many will disagree,but the referee wasn't fair.Germany did many tackles towards Argentina,probably the Neuer one is the most clear example.Even though he did OK with Argentina,he favour too much Germany.Yes i am a Argentinian but the referee was a complete waste,though probably nobody will admit it.Increadible to think that because Argentina played bad they ''deserve'' this World Cup.

If they disagree with me thats ok,enjoy your unfair victory.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Normal32 wrote:Probably many will disagree,but the referee wasn't fair.Germany did many tackles towards Argentina,probably the Neuer one is the most clear example.

Yeah, and your dudes playing pro wrestling with Schweinsteiger in extra time which was hardly whistled and judged as it should've been... oh wait.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Klon wrote:
Normal32 wrote:Probably many will disagree,but the referee wasn't fair.Germany did many tackles towards Argentina,probably the Neuer one is the most clear example.

Yeah, and your dudes playing pro wrestling with Schweinsteiger in extra time which was hardly whistled and judged as it should've been... oh wait.

Thats true,you don't often see a player bleeding.
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

This wrote:Argentina hasn't done a single thing in this world cup that people will remember, so Germany really earned it. They embarrassed all Brazilian-speaking countries in the world cup, so that's defenitely something we won't forget.

Erm...surely you mean Portuuguese? :D

Probably many will disagree,but the referee wasn't fair.Germany did many tackles towards Argentina,probably the Neuer one is the most clear example.

Yes, there were many tackles, most of them were alright. Schweinsteiger did not deserve a booking for his offence in my opinion. And the reason why the Neuer thingy wasn't penalised was that Higuain had already been adjudged offside, so the ball was out of play. Yes, perhaps Neuer could have been booked, but as a counter point one could say Sergio Aguero should have been given a second yellow card for drawing blood from Bastian's face.
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

wsrgo wrote:
This wrote:Argentina hasn't done a single thing in this world cup that people will remember, so Germany really earned it. They embarrassed all Brazilian-speaking countries in the world cup, so that's defenitely something we won't forget.

Erm...surely you mean Portuuguese? :D

That must have been one of my most epic fails so far :oops:
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Aerospeed wrote:Everyone is going to be partying awfully late tonight..... :D

Couldn't ask for more of a final. Well done Germany, here's to a great tournament!!

-*:-
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

I still can't believe that we finally won our forth world title. It feels quite difficult from when Bayern won the Champions League last year, as I was "just" very proud of our team. But this year, coupled with an emotional final, I just feel plenty of joy for my team :).

Some words of consolation to our Argentine friends here: You surely gave us one hell of a fight and you weren't just parking the bus. In my opinion, there is still a good chance that Messi gets to lift a World Cup into the air. Especially when Brazil has to pretty much rebuild itself, whereas Argentine seems to be intact. Quite frankly, your team was way better this year than it was under Maradona. ;)
MIA SAN MIA!
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Congratulations to North Korea for winning their first World Cup! Brilliant stuff, especially from Kim Jong-Un, who becomes the first man to score 4 times in a World Cup final :P

Speaking of jokes, Messi for Golden Ball? He wasn't even the best player in the Argentina squad ffs :|
TORA! TORA! TORA!
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

next up for Germany.... Scotland in the Euro Qualifiers.... :roll:
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Some of you may be familiar with the website "Racingfor.me", where you can download full races of any series. Does anyone know a similar site for football matches? I'd surely like to "save" our World Cup matches against Brazil and Argentine, but I'd also like to download the ESPN US and SBS Australia versions, as they have Ian Darke (ESPN) and Martin Tyler (SBS) commentating. If anyone has doubts about the legality, he could also send me a mail ;).
MIA SAN MIA!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

WeirdKerr wrote:next up for Germany.... Scotland in the Euro Qualifiers.... :roll:

Dinnae be soor. We'll win 3-2, Jordan Rhodes hat-trick. Euro 2008 was the closest we got to qualifying for anything since '98, and we had the two most recent World Cup finalists in our group.

Just wait, we'll hammer the Germans. ;)
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

WeirdKerr wrote:next up for Germany.... Scotland in the Euro Qualifiers.... :roll:

Scotland should be more afraid of Gibraltar, they've been doing OK since their recognition by UEFA, so it's not unlikely they'll get the embarassment of a lifetime :P
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Well done to Germany. They certainly deserved it.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Congratulations to North Korea for winning their first World Cup! Brilliant stuff, especially from Kim Jong-Un, who becomes the first man to score 4 times in a World Cup final :P

The most noticeble thing about that video is when you look at the tournament scheme, you see Vietnam has reached the quarter final! This is even more of a stunt than North-Koreas undisputable and well-diserved victory :D
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Well since no one else has done it, I might as well choose my Rejects of the 2014 World Cup.

3rd - Brazil: Played like a bunch of bullies early on, which cost them dearly later on. Destroyed by the Germans in the semi-finals, and duly surrender 3rd to the Dutch. Certainly did not deserve to get as far up as they did.

2nd - Spain: 2010's heroes to 2014's zeros. Pitiful defense to their title. Especially when they were one of the favorites to win the tournament.

1st - Luis Suarez: I don't follow soccer that much. But I do know that when you bite someone intentionally like that. Especially from someone that is a multiple offender. It should not be tolerated. I'm shocked he didn't get a much higher penalty. He deserves a much stronger punishment than that.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Top 5 bloopers selected by Finnish TV

5 Gekas post against Colombia IIRC
4 Boye's own goal (Ghana vs. Portugal)
3 Rui Patricio's pass to Khedira who missed
2 Cabaye crossbar after Benzema missed penalty
1 Akinfeyev allowing goal vs. South Korea
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Well well well, I really disappointed with my home team in this world cup, but I was expecting some bad matches (not THAT BAD. losing by 7-1). This world cup was fun, especially to see some underdogs fighting so well. Time for Reject of World Cup.

3rd - The referees: They made F1 stewards looking good. They lacked consistency and they were afraid to punish the players.

2nd - Brazil: No excuses for the lack of emotional control and lack of good tactics. The last two games were disastrous.

1st - Spain: 2010 world champions to 2014 big zeroes. Eliminated in the second game of group stages. The team did worse than France in 2002 and Italy in 2010! Enough for the RoWC.

Special Mention:

Fifa awards: Messi best player of world cup!? Three Brazilian players in the dream team defense!?
The "no payment = boycott"-gate: Go home Ghana and Cameroon players.
Cameroon: Clearly the worst team of world cup. Internal fights and boycott menace.
England: Well, no surprise. England needs a renovation ASAP.
Brazilian media: Started the "world cup will be a big fail. Brazil hasn't conditions of hosting an event like this" campaign and failed. In the end, all of this looked more a right/right wing propaganda to take out the actual president (in the end of 2014 there are elections in Brazil). The only point that they are right is: There are more important things to do in Brazil than a world cup.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Dj_bereta wrote:Well well well, I really disappointed with my home team in this world cup, but I was expecting some bad matches (not THAT BAD. losing by 7-1). This world cup was fun, especially to see some underdogs fighting so well. Time for Reject of World Cup.

3rd - The referees: They made F1 stewards looking good. They lacked consistency and they were afraid to punish the players.

2nd - Brazil: No excuses for the lack of emotional control and lack of good tactics. The last two games were disastrous.

1st - Spain: 2010 world champions to 2014 big zeroes. Eliminated in the second game of group stages. The team did worse than France in 2002 and Italy in 2010! Enough for the RoWC.

Special Mention:

Fifa awards: Messi best player of world cup!? Three Brazilian players in the dream team defense!?
The "no payment = boycott"-gate: Go home Ghana and Cameroon players.
Cameroon: Clearly the worst team of world cup. Internal fights and boycott menace.
England: Well, no surprise. England needs a renovation ASAP.
Brazilian media: Started the "world cup will be a big fail. Brazil hasn't conditions of hosting an event like this" campaign and failed. In the end, all of this looked more a right/right wing propaganda to take out the actual president (in the end of 2014 there are elections in Brazil). The only point that they are right is: There are more important things to do in Brazil than a world cup.

The funny thing with England is that back in the late 90's, some top guy at the F.A came up with some guidelines on how to premote young talent, the top bods said no to those guidelines and a couple of years later, the Germans found out about this and they implemented it in the Bundesliga. We all know how that turned out... !
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

While the World Cup stole the football headlines, a major move has gone largely unnoticed.

Suárez to Barcelona

Well, it seems Liverpool will be built around Sturridge now. I'm not so sure how well this will work out. Well, Liverpool now have £75 million to spend on some good players at least. But losing Suárez is surely a great blow to the club.

I will go out and say that now Barcelona arguably have Europe's strongest offense with Suárez, Messi, and Neymar all planned to be on the starting lineup.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

go_Rubens wrote:But losing Suárez is surely a great blow to the club.

Well, that will certainly take some bite out of them.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Nuppiz wrote:

You could say now he'll be hungry for the win at Barcelona.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Aerospeed wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:

The Whole Spanish Press will have plenty to feed on.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Aerospeed wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:

He must be chomping at the bit for his Barca debut.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
takagi_for_the_win

go_Rubens wrote:I will go out and say that now Barcelona arguably have Europe's strongest offense with Suárez, Messi, and Neymar all planned to be on the starting lineup.

Carlo Ancelotti will disagree.

Bale, Benzema, Ronaldo, di Maria and James Rodriquez, with Kroos, Kheidera and Alonso pulling the strings. Hala Madrid! :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
takagi_for_the_win

And in other news, Stoke have announced the arrival of Bojan Krkic, once the next big thing, from Barcelona. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I'm so happy it's not even funny :D :D
TORA! TORA! TORA!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:And in other news, Stoke have announced the arrival of Bojan Krkic, once the next big thing, from Barcelona. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I'm so happy it's not even funny :D :D

There seems to be quite a few strikers coming to England this season looking to redeem their careers; Bojan at Stoke, Gomis at Swansea, Mame Diouf at Stoke also.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

I will do my rejects of the world cup.

3.Spain
They were awful in their matches with a poor defense.1 goal and 7 goals against should not sneak of a defending champion.

2.Brazil
Hopeless without Neymar,they shouldn't go that further.

1.Referees
Do i have to say anything? :evil: