2014 Canadian GP RoTR

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Re: 2014 Canadian GP RoTR

Post by eytl »

Well, I thought I'd better get in with the official decision before my attention shifts to Brazil ...

Once I ruled out awarding ROTR for the Massa-Perez clash, there was surely one gleaming stand-out candidate, surely?

Come forward, Max Chilton. The man with the longest ever finishing streak for a rookie. That takes talent. Who decided that finishing races was so last year that he might as well cause some havoc on the first lap of a Grand Prix by losing it mid-corner whilst surrounded by other cars. That takes talent. Who proceeded to slide into the car right next to him and take it out. That takes talent. Who chose for that car to happen to be his team-mate. That takes talent. And who elected to do this in the race immediately after his team and his team-mate broke their points drought, giving us a real hero-to-zero moment. That really takes talent.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

eytl wrote:Come forward, Max Chilton. The man with the longest ever finishing streak for a rookie.

How could I miss Chilton having broken Tiago Monteiro's previous record? How many race finishes without retirement is the new record? Thanks for info.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

25 races that makes it. 19 last season and the first 6 this year.

I'm amazed it lasted that long to be honest. Don't know if any of you guys saw the practice at Spain but he went off multiple times in every session, and twice binned it in the gravel. Takes proper talent to finish the race after that :P
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!