Kolles is back in the house!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

Kolles is back in the house!

Post by Londoner »

http://adamcooperf1.com/2014/06/02/fia-grants-entry-to-romanian-frr-f1-project/

They're pushing to be ready for 2015, which is a tad worrying considering Haas have had two months longer to prepare, and have decided to defer until 2016. I hope Kolles knows what he's doing.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Kolles is back in the house!

Post by Enforcer »

East Londoner wrote:I hope Kolles knows what he's doing.

Ah yes, but it'll be funnier if he doesn't.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Enforcer wrote:
East Londoner wrote:I hope Kolles knows what he's doing.

Ah yes, but it'll be funnier if he doesn't.

Has he ever?
-*:-
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Just a shame that the god-awful Forza Rossa name still seems to be on the cards.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

This is going to be a laugh.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

I have a "thing" about Romania. Can't put my finger on it, or explain why, but I just do. So for me if this really comes to fruition this will be IMHO the most exciting team since Super Aguri.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

After Haas' delay, I'm not getting excited just yet....
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

This is going to be fun. :mrgreen:

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Haha, that's amazing! Although it's a little late, it's a month earlier than when Manor, Campos and USF1 were granted entries, and two or three months earlier than Lotus was. Plus, Kolles has his own factory and employees anyway.

...wait. Am I daring to be optimistic for once?
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

These are awesome news. I can't wait to see them in the grid (which I am hoping they will make it to)! :)
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Shizuka wrote:This is going to be fun. :mrgreen:

I do believe that's the first time that the word "fun" has ever been used to describe the antics of Mr Kolles :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

I would laugh if they drop straight in and beat Marussia and Caterham.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
Shizuka wrote:This is going to be fun. :mrgreen:

I do believe that's the first time that the word "fun" has ever been used to describe the antics of Mr Kolles :P
No, those are the exact words the good Doctor uttered whilst delivering Kolles to this world.
"This is going to be fun", that's what she said on 13 December 1967, Dr Candy Sexauer.
And how right she was.

Wasn't he cute, little Colin?

Valrys wrote:I would laugh if they drop straight in and beat Marussia and Caterham.

Assuming Caterham are still around. Remember, Tony Fernandes has a rope and tree all picked out and ready to be put to the test.
lgaquino

Post by lgaquino »

Isn't that new grant a sign that they're already expecting one or more teams to fold?
mario

Post by mario »

lgaquino wrote:Isn't that new grant a sign that they're already expecting one or more teams to fold?

It is possible that there are concerns that they are expecting at least one team to either bankrupt itself or, in one case, voluntarily shut down (Caterham and Fernandes's threat to shut the team down over a lack of results) that are playing on the minds of those in charge. However, that isn't necessarily the only reason - technically, there has been at least one grid slot available since 2010 (as the sporting regulations permit up to 13 teams), and the FIA has been aiming to fill the remaining grid slots for some time now.

I agree with other commentators that the turnaround time Kolles has is very limited if, as Adam Cooper suggests, he is hoping to be on the grid for 2015 - whilst he can do a reasonable amount for fabrication work in house, you have to assume that he will be relying fairly heavily on subcontracting a lot of work out and on potentially on buying in parts from other teams too. The most recent new teams were able to do it when they joined, but in a number of instances those teams had already made a substantial technical investment before they were finally approved - it's not quite yet clear whether Kolles has done the same or will be starting from a more basic level.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Autosport or it didn't happen, somehow I don't trust the source that was given, it looks a bit like a blogging website... Regardless, if the news is true then that's good news, the more teams the better!

I do have to agree, though, the name "Forza Rossa" does sound a bit rejectful :lol:
Last edited by Aerospeed on 02 Jun 2014, 21:04, edited 1 time in total.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Aerospeed wrote:Autosport or it didn't happen? Somehow I don't trust the source that was given, it looks a bit like a blogging website...

... that's because it is. But it's Adam Cooper, who's a pretty prolific F1 journalist, so it's most likely legit.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

This is exactly what the UKIP have been banging on about :lol:
Just For One Day...
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Aerospeed wrote:I do have to agree, though, the name "Forza Rossa" does sound a bit rejectful :lol:

Two words, both ending with an A...
Andrea Moda :lol:

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Shizuka wrote:
Aerospeed wrote:I do have to agree, though, the name "Forza Rossa" does sound a bit rejectful :lol:

Two words, both ending with an A...
Andrea Moda :lol:

And here's another:

Scuderia Italia!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Aerospeed wrote:Autosport or it didn't happen

It's happened!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
S951

Post by S951 »

Dr Kolles has decided not to go home, let's see if its a new chassis or un-raced hrt rehashed
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Last time Kolles was a Team Principal he had Liuzzi / Karthikeyan driving for him.
Will he bring them back to the sport?

It would be Narain's third comeback into Formula 1, and Tonio's second comeback.

Also, who else is looking forward to the first press conference of 2015 featuring both Colin Kolles and Toto Wolff?
I hope they will put them next to each other :twisted:
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Jocke1 wrote:Last time Kolles was a Team Principal he had Liuzzi / Karthikeyan driving for him.
Will he bring them back to the sport?

Their future is in Formula E.
Just For One Day...
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

You have to admit guys, this dentist knows his drill. Sorry for the pun... :lol:

S951

Post by S951 »

So drivers who do you all think is in with a shout?
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Well, Sakon Yamamoto has driven for both teams Kolles has run in the past, so if his bank account's still in good shape I'd imagine he'd have a shot.
Everything's great.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Salamander wrote:Well, Sakon Yamamoto has driven for both teams Kolles has run in the past, so if his bank account's still in good shape I'd imagine he'd have a shot.

He hasn't raced anything anywhere for about four years. :|
Besides I thought he was a DJ now, anyway?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Jocke1 wrote:
Salamander wrote:Well, Sakon Yamamoto has driven for both teams Kolles has run in the past, so if his bank account's still in good shape I'd imagine he'd have a shot.

He hasn't raced anything anywhere for about four years. :|

But that hardly stopped Luca Badoer.
Everything's great.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Salamander wrote:
But that hardly stopped Luca Badoer.

But Sakon has not driven four hundred and seventy six thousand laps in a Ferrari in between Grand Prix, like Luca did.
At least Luca kept himself active, as far as I know Sakon hasn't done anything for four years race/test-wise, except spinning records around.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

HWNSNBM!!!!
MCard LOLA
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

dr-baker wrote:HWNSNBM!!!!

If he would return next year, it would mean that he breaks Jan Lammers's record!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Bleu wrote:

If he would return next year, it would mean that he breaks Jan Lammers's record!

I know! How could HWNSNBM not be a record-holder?!
MCard LOLA
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

dr-baker wrote:
Bleu wrote:

HWNSNBM already holds all records from the past, present and the future. The ones that are publicly mentioned are the second-best ones because having the same person listed everywhere would look too dull.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Nuppiz wrote:
dr-baker wrote:
Bleu wrote:If he would return next year, it would mean that he breaks Jan Lammers's record!

HWNSNBM already holds all records from the past, present and the future. The ones that are publicly mentioned are the second-best ones because having the same person listed everywhere would look too dull.

Except for the record of most retirements. Because HWNSNBM never gives up, that's why. Not even a Life engine could stop him.

Though it looks like Kolles is after another record himself: the most different teams managed by the same person. This would be his 6th team in total, and his 3rd really different team. (Jordan/Midland/Spyker/Force India);(HRT)(This one)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Well, I'm surprised that anyone wants to start a new F1 team from scratch in this day and age. Yet, I'm not surprised that Colin Kolles is the man to helm the effort, as he has done so before.

He is probably going to sign Adrian Sutil again because he has driven for Kolles under 3 different team owners and can bring experience to the new squad.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Yannick wrote:Well, I'm surprised that anyone wants to start a new F1 team from scratch in this day and age. Yet, I'm not surprised that Colin Kolles is the man to helm the effort, as he has done so before.

He is probably going to sign Adrian Sutil again because he has driven for Kolles under 3 different team owners and can bring experience to the new squad.

That would be typical Colin Kolles -- sign boring, experienced non-rejects that can bring a level of non-excitement to the back of the grid. :x
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Cynon wrote:
Yannick wrote:Well, I'm surprised that anyone wants to start a new F1 team from scratch in this day and age. Yet, I'm not surprised that Colin Kolles is the man to helm the effort, as he has done so before.

That would be typical Colin Kolles -- sign boring, experienced non-rejects that can bring a level of non-excitement to the back of the grid. :x

Like a line up of Sutil-Di Resta? Not again :shock:
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

BBc devoted about 15 seconds to this yesterday.

It's great news of course.

More cars: more collisions, more retirements, more mistakes, more entertainment.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Cynon wrote:

Because Kolles wants crash-happy rookies in his cars yeah?
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital