The Silver Hill rFactor Mods thread

Archive for the three above subforums
Sonic 06

The Silver Hill rFactor Mods thread

Post by Sonic 06 »

This thread is, well, about rfactor mods. I called silver hill because its a track i created and rfactor is rejecting it by not letting it show up in my game. Can anyone please help me?
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: The Silver Hill rFactor Mods thread

Post by Ataxia »

And once again, umatbru posts a thread into the wrong subforum. This thread either belongs in the Black Stig Memorial Forum or the Assorted Umatbru Rubbish Forum, known colloquially as "The Bin".
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Sonic 06 wrote:This thread is, well, about rfactor mods. I called silver hill because its a track i created and rfactor is rejecting it by not letting it show up in my game. Can anyone please help me?

How about sending the track to me, then I can check by earliest 17:45 my local time on Friday
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Moved to Black Stig forum. Because its predecessor F1C already has a dedicated thread, it makes sense to have one for rFactor as well.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Sonic 06

Post by Sonic 06 »

AxelP800 wrote:
Sonic 06 wrote:This thread is, well, about rfactor mods. I called silver hill because its a track i created and rfactor is rejecting it by not letting it show up in my game. Can anyone please help me?

How about sending the track to me, then I can check by earliest 17:45 my local time on Friday

Heres the link: https://mega.co.nz/#!q5xTiLKK!6jY_drcB_ ... LAx__DwZe8
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Sonic 06 wrote:
AxelP800 wrote:

I have done it actually today.

The trace file of shows "setup.cpp 3126: ATTENTION: Skipping scene because the filename SilverHillClubCourse.scn exceeds the maximum length by 1 character(s)"

I interpreted this as the scn file is too long by 1 characters, so I renamed the gdb, aiw, scn, cam, and the circuit folder to "SilverHillClub" and the loading files. Inside the gdb also changed it to "SilverHillClub"

And it's now appear on rFactor. First time saw this, solved, so I don't know what really went wrong other than an odd bug for me
tommykl has a stroke
Sonic 06

Post by Sonic 06 »

AxelP800 wrote:
Sonic 06 wrote:
AxelP800 wrote:

I have done it actually today.

The trace file of shows "setup.cpp 3126: ATTENTION: Skipping scene because the filename SilverHillClubCourse.scn exceeds the maximum length by 1 character(s)"

I interpreted this as the scn file is too long by 1 characters, so I renamed the gdb, aiw, scn, cam, and the circuit folder to "SilverHillClub" and the loading files. Inside the gdb also changed it to "SilverHillClub"

And it's now appear on rFactor. First time saw this, solved, so I don't know what really went wrong other than an odd bug for me

Yeah i changed the name. but now i have another problem. The ai keeps going off course. how do i keep them on?
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

The AIW file is not properly made
tommykl has a stroke
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

tommykl has a stroke
W12

Post by W12 »

EPIC BUMP

I have a problem with rFactor. All the default circuits work fine, except Jacksonville. The loading screen appears, the track loads, but after that, the game just crashes. In testing it is fine. I've tried reinstalling rFactor, reinstalling the Jacksonville files, but I can't get rid of the problem.

Any help would be appreciated! :)
Born on the same day as HWNSNBM!

Fan of: Ricciardo, Räikkönen and Marussia (R.I.P?).
W12

Post by W12 »

The circuit works fine now :) But I have another problem. The helmets don't appear correctly, for example the driver's face is at the side of the helmet. Here's a picture:

Could somebody help me with this?

W12

Post by W12 »

I noticed that only the helmets that came with the mod I'm using work... :oops:

But, I have (another!) question: How do I change the wing package that the AI uses? I'm using the IndyCar 1994-1995 mod. I want to race around the Calder Park oval ( 8-) ) with speedway wings, but the AI keep using the road course ones. I've tried to edit the config files of the circuit and the mod, but nothing happens.

Could someone help me with this?

AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

W12 wrote:I noticed that only the helmets that came with the mod I'm using work... :oops:

But, I have (another!) question: How do I change the wing package that the AI uses? I'm using the IndyCar 1994-1995 mod. I want to race around the Calder Park oval ( 8-) ) with speedway wings, but the AI keep using the road course ones. I've tried to edit the config files of the circuit and the mod, but nothing happens.

You must open the trackconfig.ini of every chassis then add the Calder Park oval name as in the gdb, then search which number is speedway wings which you can already see at the file. Next question: WHERE you find Calder Park oval :o :o :o ???
tommykl has a stroke
W12

Post by W12 »

AxelP800 wrote:
W12 wrote:I noticed that only the helmets that came with the mod I'm using work... :oops:

You must open the trackconfig.ini of every chassis then add the Calder Park oval name as in the gdb, then search which number is speedway wings which you can already see at the file. Next question: WHERE you find Calder Park oval :o :o :o ???
Thanks for the help! The Calder Park oval is included at the Stock Car Evolution mod-thingy (infact it is a whole new rFactor install!). I downloaded it, and then moved the tracks that came with it to rFactor.