1980 Alternate F1 - Season final at Suzuka up

Archive for the three above subforums
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1980 Virtual F1 season - First round of driver signing d

Post by Nessafox »

I don't care anything about reliability, i need an engine that can get me on the grid. It looks Ferrari and Renault are the most powerful ones. Do you guys want Kauhsen, or are we just another customer? I'm waiting for very specific offers. Not just publicocrap, we've had our portion of that with BMW :P
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

This wrote:I don't care anything about reliability, i need an engine that can get me on the grid. It looks Ferrari and Renault are the most powerful ones. Do you guys want Kauhsen, or are we just another customer? I'm waiting for very specific offers. Not just publicocrap, we've had our portion of that with BMW :P

Too bad you insulted the maker of the most powerful engine. Oh well......
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

just to let teams know that Alfa Romeo have upgraded their engines we have spent an extra 300,000 on power and 100,000 on reliability

so the total amount spent on eah are is as follows

2M Power
1.4M Fuel Effiancy
1.5M Reliabilty

Any team instrested we urge to contact us
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Cosworth would like to spend 700.000 $ on reliability, while putting 100.000 $ into fuel efficiency.

Anyone, who's interested in buying some Cosworth engines, if free to express their interest to me. I'm sure I can make a good deal for everyone :).
MIA SAN MIA!
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Second round of driver signing:

Eddie Cheever has an offer from Alfa Romeo, a one-year contract for 150 000.
1-90 he accepts
91-100 he rejects the offer
75, he accepts

Jean-Pierre Jarier lost out on the Alfa contract, so his only offer is a two-year contract at ATS. While ATS is his only option to stay in Formula 1 for now, he really doesn't want to drive there for two years.

1-5 he accepts a two-year contract
6-60 he asks for a one-year contract instead
61-100 he refuses to join the team, due to the lack of pace from the car.
98, he doesn't want to join ATS

Bruno Giacomelli has rejected ATS' first offer, but 250 000 credits are a tempting offer, regardless of the competetiveness of the team.
1-30 he accepts
31-100 he rejects the offer again
1, he takes the money

Jochen Dauer has an offer from Wolf. Although Wolf are not the most competetive team, it's his only realistic chance at F1, so the chances of Dauer signing for them are quite high.
1-80 he accepts
81-100 he declines
51, Dauer signs for Wolf and does the 13 races in which Salazar doesn't race for them.

Masahiro Hasemi can offer 50 000
Naohiro Fujita can offer 20 000
Naoki Nagasaka can offer 10 000
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Phoenix

Re: 1980 Virtual F1 season - Engine signing

Post by Phoenix »

After some thoughtful deliberation at Hethel, Lotus will continue its partnership with Renault.
Samster

Post by Samster »

After the most recent signings Boro will offer:

2 races to Masahiro Hasemi for 50K.
1 race to Naohiro Fujita for 20K.

Which leaves 11 races to fill which we will offer for free to the following drivers. Amount of races for each depends on how many are interested.

Piercarlo Ghinzani
Jean-Pierre Jarier
Chico Serra
Ricardo Zunino
Emilio de Villota
Jacques Villeneuve
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Wallio wrote:
This wrote:I don't care anything about reliability, i need an engine that can get me on the grid. It looks Ferrari and Renault are the most powerful ones. Do you guys want Kauhsen, or are we just another customer? I'm waiting for very specific offers. Not just publicocrap, we've had our portion of that with BMW :P

Actually i didn't, you just misread the part where i was insulting myself. :roll:
I might take a gamble on the expensive, but proven Ferrari's. You guys better be worth it, if Kauhsen can't qualify more than one race, the contract will be terminated by the end of the year! :D That's all Ferrari need to do to prove they're an improvement over BRM, something which BMW failed to do :P
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

This wrote:
Wallio wrote:

Actually i didn't, you just misread the part where i was insulting myself. :roll:
I might take a gamble on the expensive, but proven Ferrari's. You guys better be worth it, if Kauhsen can't qualify more than one race, the contract will be terminated by the end of the year! :D That's all Ferrari need to do to prove they're an improvement over BRM, something which BMW failed to do :P

Well we at Renault have both bpwer AND reliability. Whats the point of all that power if you cant even cross the line? :lol:
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
This wrote:
Wallio wrote:

Well we at Renault have both bpwer AND reliability. Whats the point of all that power if you cant even cross the line? :lol:

The Ferrari's just as power and more reliable. Just how exactly did you think Ligier managed to whip all your asses last season? :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Wizzie wrote:
The Ferrari's just as power and more reliable. Just how exactly did you think Ligier managed to whip all your asses last season? :P

In what universe did that happen? #thechampishere

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Wallio wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

In what universe did that happen? #thechampishere

I was referring to all the Renault teams. And we all know that McLaren was hiding just how piss-weak that BMW engine was anyway :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Maybe Cosworth can't show off like Ferrari, Renault or BMW. But we can offer a very good prize:

If you decide to become a customer of Cosworth, I'll give you a discount of 50%! That's right! Instead of an initial price of 800.000 $, you'll only have to pay 400.000 $ for both engines! Send me a mail if you're interested and I'll give you all the details of the contract.

P.S.: Everyone will receive the same Cosworth engine, so everyone will receive more or less works spec engines.
Last edited by Ferrarist on 05 Feb 2014, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
MIA SAN MIA!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Ferrarist wrote:Maybe Cosworth can't show off like Ferrari, Renault or BMW. But we can offer a very good prize:

If you decide to become a customer of Cosworth, I'll give you a discount of 50%! That's right! Instead of an initial price of 800.000 $, you'll only have to pay 400.000 $ for one engine! Send me a mail if you're interested and I'll give you all the details of the contract.

P.S.: Everyone will receive the same Cosworth engine, so everyone will receive more or less works spec engines.

Considering it only costs you 220,000 to build. To everyone who was interested in BMW, this truly shows what a deal we have. The worst engine in F1 wanted 800,000!!! I think it's the '80s and cocaine is in, but my god.....

pycku

Post by pycku »

Actually it costs much more as Ferrarist invested in the engine 800k, but the first page is not upgraded. I myself had plans that the Cossie is a cheap and affordable engines for lots of teams, but pi's limit over number of customers changed my plans. I will not announce details over the deal with Renault, nor details from negotiations with BMW, but the price of Cosworth is close to that, ( the price with the discount).

However, I am not Cosworth owner anymore, so it is up to Ferrarist to decide on his marketing policy.
To finish first, first you have to finish!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

pycku wrote:Actually it costs much more as Ferrarist invested in the engine 800k, but the first page is not upgraded. I myself had plans that the Cossie is a cheap and affordable engines for lots of teams, but pi's limit over number of customers changed my plans. I will not announce details over the deal with Renault, nor details from negotiations with BMW, but the price of Cosworth is close to that, ( the price with the discount).

However, I am not Cosworth owner anymore, so it is up to Ferrarist to decide on his marketing policy.

If you say so. But considering the Factory Team could only luck into 2 wins last year in races of horrendous attrition, I think that's a terrible asking price. Ferrari and Renault at least won races on merit, and were competitive besides. The Cossies, not so much

Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

We are very glad to announce our first teams that signed a contract with Matra

March is ready to stay with Matra engines for another year.

Williams no surprise that they are going to continue this partnership.

Brabham the newest member of the Matra family. Brabham will be on the top of our line-up beside Williams and will be our second works team.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
This wrote:Actually i didn't, you just misread the part where i was insulting myself. :roll:

You obviously don't understand the needs of backmarkers, which is: getting on the grid on the first place. We beat 3 other teams simply by qualifying a race, which they failed to, so this is really important. Besides, Renault still haven't send me prices, they just keep telling me they have a good price-quality-value, but don't like to tell what it is. I'm sure your engines are good, but your marketing department needs some work. Besides, Kauhsen-Ferrari sounds as something only an evil villain could have created. Kauhsen-Renault sounds way too hip. Kauhsen-Matra would sound as a questionable religion. Kauhsen-Cosworth sounds as something you would only trust because the Russian goverment expects you to. And Kauhsen-Alfa Romeo just sounds gay, which would perfectly fit the eighties era of ItaloDisco, though.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

This wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:
This wrote:Actually i didn't, you just misread the part where i was insulting myself. :roll:

You obviously don't understand the needs of backmarkers, which is: getting on the grid on the first place. We beat 3 other teams simply by qualifying a race, which they failed to, so this is really important. Besides, Renault still haven't send me prices, they just keep telling me they have a good price-quality-value, but don't like to tell what it is. I'm sure your engines are good, but your marketing department needs some work. Besides, Kauhsen-Ferrari sounds as something only an evil villain could have created. Kauhsen-Renault sounds way too hip. Kauhsen-Matra would sound as a questionable religion. Kauhsen-Cosworth sounds as something you would only trust because the Russian goverment expects you to. And Kauhsen-Alfa Romeo just sounds gay, which would perfectly fit the eighties era of ItaloDisco, though.

Wolf-Ferrari sounds better though ;) on the subject of the Ferrari engines, any news anybody?
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
This wrote:

Well going by the 1979 season even the backmarker teams were running Rneaults and Ferraris with their budgets, so cost maybe isnt the main issue here after all. Though now that the engines of last year were paid off perhaps the minnows are being more cuatious with their purchases.

(@This if you want a price for the Renault engines please send me an email so we dont clutter the thread please? Sorry if I didnt market myself that well :? )
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

roblomas52 wrote:Wolf-Ferrari sounds better though ;) ?

I still say Boro-BMW is the best name in all of Grand Prix racing. 7 letters and a hyphen. What more do you need? :lol:

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

roblomas52 wrote:Wolf-Ferrari sounds better though ;) on the subject of the Ferrari engines, any news anybody?

Fat Tony wrote:Eyyyyy, fugget about Ferrari! It's garbage! No, what you want is some proper Italian engineering, from the hard-working honest south, Palermo made by real men, not these stronzo up north ah? We got rebuilt Fords made with composite materials crankin' out 1000 horses, eh? And just 200K a unit too! We ain't into ripping people off, yeah? It's a real family business, we keep our customers close, know what I mean? This is an offer you can't refuse Wolf!
Last edited by DemocalypseNow on 04 Feb 2014, 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

It is with deep regret that Scuderia Ferrari, due to the engine quota rules, will be unable to supply Mr. Wolf's team with engines for 1980. However, we wish him all the best for the future!
TORA! TORA! TORA!
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

As most teams have now an engine contract, or are close to signing one, I'll open the signups for pre-season testing.

The following tests are available:

Autodromo Dino Ferrari, Imola, Italy

Circuit Paul Ricard, Le Castellet, France

Circuito Permanente del Jarama, Madrid, Spain

Sebring International Raceway, Sebring, USA

Teams may pick up to two pre-season tests. Pre-season tests, as always, are for free.

Also, details on the 1981 chassis system are coming soon.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Tyrrell will test at Imola and Paul Ricard
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Samster

Post by Samster »

Boro will test at Paul Ricard and Imola
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

pi314159 wrote:As most teams have now an engine contract, or are close to signing one, I'll open the signups for pre-season testing.

Teams may pick up to two pre-season tests. Pre-season tests, as always, are for free.

You can only test at each location once? I.E. we cant test at Paul Ricard twice?
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:You can only test at each location once? I.E. we cant test at Paul Ricard twice?

Yes, you can only test at each location once, so if you want to do two tests, you have to pick two locations.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Put Surtees down for Imola and Paul Ricard.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Because we like to be different and it doesn't affect our budget in any way, March will test at Jarama and Sebring.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

We'll test at Imola and Le Castellet.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Alfa Romeo will head to Imola and Jarama for preseason testing
pycku

Post by pycku »

Paul Ricard and Jarama for us, please :)
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
pi314159 wrote:As most teams have now an engine contract, or are close to signing one, I'll open the signups for pre-season testing.

You can only test at each location once? I.E. we cant test at Paul Ricard twice?

Alright. Since we're the pride and joy of France we have to test in our home country.

We'll test at Paul Ricard and Jarama then.
pycku

Post by pycku »

Can we pre-seasonally upgrade the car now, or this is an option after the tests?
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Ensign will go to Imola and Paul Ricard for pre-season
andrew

Post by andrew »

Jarama and Sebring
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Wolf would like to offer the second seat to Jean-Pierre Jarier a 2 year contract with 250K wages. Also, Matra have mail.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Autosport, February 1980 edition wrote:BRM to make surprise return to F1

In a shock announcement, British Racing Motors - currently owned by cereal millionaire John Jordan - have revealed that they are ready to return to F1 as an engine supplier, having spent the last year secretly designing an all-new turbocharged unit. Despite most of the teams having already confirmed their engine supplier for 1980, BRM is determined to appear on the grid this year to ensure the brand's long-term future.

According to Autosport's information, the new engine is named P216t with a displacement of 1500cc in a V6 configuration.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Autosport, February 1980 edition wrote:BRM to make surprise return to F1

In a shock announcement, British Racing Motors - currently owned by cereal millionaire John Jordan - have revealed that they are ready to return to F1 as an engine supplier, having spent the last year secretly designing an all-new turbocharged unit. Despite most of the teams having already confirmed their engine supplier for 1980, BRM is determined to appear on the grid this year to ensure the brand's long-term future.

According to Autosport's information, the new engine is named P216t with a displacement of 1500cc in a V6 configuration.

Yes, that's correct, BRM make a return to Formula 1. They have been added to the list of engine manufacturer list in the first post.