Re: Another wiki!

Post by HawkAussie »

Why don't you want polls
Officially Retired
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

HawkAussie wrote:Why don't you want polls

Because you don't feel like updating the GTR Points tables.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

I would like permission to edit the wiki please.

Thanks.
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

V8fan12 wrote:I would like permission to edit the wiki please.

Thanks.

Done. Happy editing :)
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

V8fan12, you should calm your tits with the constant editing of your driver organisation's wiki page.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

RealRacingRoots wrote:V8fan12, you should calm your tits with the constant editing of your driver organisation's wiki page.

Yeah, being irritating with the wiki edit button's my job. I need to make myself feel important somehow :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Wizzie wrote:
RealRacingRoots wrote:V8fan12, you should calm your tits with the constant editing of your driver organisation's wiki page.

Yeah, being irritating with the wiki edit button's my job. I need to make myself feel important somehow :P

Indeed, the Preview button is there for a reason. Although it didn't stop me from messing about on the 2016 IFRC page last night! :lol:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

The alternate championships aren't really needed, no. But Shadaza's cycling is a canon series and so deserves it's place on the wiki (it would if it was non-canon, too)

But it still has its own wiki
Officially Retired
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

HawkAussie wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

The alternate championships aren't really needed, no. But Shadaza's cycling is a canon series and so deserves it's place on the wiki (it would if it was non-canon, too)

But it still has its own wiki

Which is totally unnecessary.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Who knew Shadaza's cycling series had its own wiki? This is news to me.
Trulli bad puns...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Aerospeed wrote:Who knew Shadaza's cycling series had its own wiki? This is news to me.

As it was to me.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

I'd like to request permission to edit the wiki. My username on the wiki is Kevinbotz.

Thanks in advance. :)
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

kevinbotz wrote:I'd like to request permission to edit the wiki. My username on the wiki is Kevinbotz.

Thanks in advance. :)

Done :)
Trulli bad puns...
Hound55

Post by Hound55 »

I need permission to edit the wiki. My username there is also Hound55
LONG LIVE MARUSSIA

Things I was wrong about:
Kimi to Ferrari, Perez out of McLaren, Maldonado to Lotus, Kobash comes back, Gutierrez stays, Chilton stays, Boullier leaves Lotus.

I stream Ustream, we all scream for PRC.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Both Kevin and Hound have since been invited. :)
Trulli bad puns...
andrew

Post by andrew »

Aerospeed wrote:Both Kevin and Hound have since been invited. :)

Can I have permission please, my username is AndrewF1R
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Would it be possible to have permission to edit the wiki. I have the same username. Thank You
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Both of you are now invited. :)
Trulli bad puns...
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

May I also have permission to edit the Wiki? My username is not exact to mine here, it's Go Rubens. I don't know why it gave me a username as in first and last name (which it most certainly isn't) but I'm just not a techie genius :lol:
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

We are on 999 pages at the moment, what page will be it's 1,000th
Officially Retired
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Officially Retired
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

The...wiki...

What is this I don't even.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

AustralianStig wrote:The...wiki...

You mean the skin change and the tables, right? If so, I don't know either.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

In order to change it back to the old one, you need to go to Preferences > Appearence, and then choose the Vector layout. :)
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Wizzie wrote:In order to change it back to the old one, you need to go to Preferences > Appearence, and then choose the Vector layout. :)

Hooray thank you! Normality is restored :D
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

AustralianStig wrote:The...wiki...

Having a look at the first time with the new format, Complete craziness.
Officially Retired
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Aerospeed, you gotta do your job as wiki admin, or give the admin rights to somebody else. It's likely possible to switch the default for all users back to either Monobook or Vector and revert this whole mess.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Biscione wrote:Aerospeed, you gotta do your job as wiki admin, or give the admin rights to somebody else. It's likely possible to switch the default for all users back to either Monobook or Vector and revert this whole mess.

I've sent an SOS to the ShoutWiki support team. I don't know why they won't let Stewards change the skin for everyone. :?

I think it should be all good now.
Trulli bad puns...
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Could I please have permission to create an entry for the F1 Management series I am doing? My username is the same as here
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Just realised something, Autodynamics is still listed on the wiki as "Red Bull Autodynamics GP". Red Bull is no longer the main sponsor of Autodynamics, they were replaced by BOC at the start of 2016. So could somebody please update this for 2016 and 2017.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

A small error:

There is no pre 1990s European Union flag to symbolize European GPs (such as in Pi's 1980 F1 season)

Can someone please place the flag into the wiki's image database?

here is a sample flag:

Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I believe European GPs just have the flag of the country the track is in.

Eg. Donington Park is obviously British
Trulli bad puns...
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Well, I don't think we need to adjust that. Even if the EU flag wasn't in use during earlier years, it is the most effective way of designating something European. I mean, tommykl's F1 pages use the GDR flag, even though that was not established until 1959, simply because the real flag would cause a giant mess.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Klon wrote:Well, I don't think we need to adjust that. Even if the EU flag wasn't in use during earlier years, it is the most effective way of designating something European. I mean, tommykl's F1 pages use the GDR flag, even though that was not established until 1959, simply because the real flag would cause a giant mess.

Being an alternate universe, we can simply say that the current European Union flag has been the flag of the EU all along, seen as that other one is hideous.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Klon wrote:Well, I don't think we need to adjust that. Even if the EU flag wasn't in use during earlier years, it is the most effective way of designating something European. I mean, tommykl's F1 pages use the GDR flag, even though that was not established until 1959, simply because the real flag would cause a giant mess.

Being an alternate universe, we can simply say that the current European Union flag has been the flag of the EU all along, seen as that other one is hideous.

Despite being officially adopted by the EC only in 1985, the flag has been around since 1955, as the flag of the Council of Europe. So it wouldn't be a problem to use it for European GPs in historic series before 1985.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Folks,

I recently updated the F1RWRS teams stats page, and I'm now thinking of doing the drivers page too. Judging by the number of edits to the page and it's general current state, shall I assume the idea of putting the number of tests next to each driver was a waste of time and should I remove the column entirely? I'm inclined to do so because it's obviously not been used and with space limited in the table, it could be put to better use for other things. I just wanted to check with any interested parties before I do so to not tread on any toes.

Secondly, mainly for the attention of RonDenisDeletraz, I have overhauled the Autodynamics team page and given it an infobox, results table and an up-to-date bio. There are a few missing details in the infobox though which would be good to fill in, and also a logo too. Does anyone fancy coming up with something? (I'm thinking of Ataxia, Pasta, Biscione, Nuppiz or one of you chaps handy with a brush tool.) RDD, if you see this, do you mind adding the missing information yourself, or posting it here for someone else to put into the wiki?
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

AndreaModa wrote:Folks,

I recently updated the F1RWRS teams stats page, and I'm now thinking of doing the drivers page too. Judging by the number of edits to the page and it's general current state, shall I assume the idea of putting the number of tests next to each driver was a waste of time and should I remove the column entirely? I'm inclined to do so because it's obviously not been used and with space limited in the table, it could be put to better use for other things. I just wanted to check with any interested parties before I do so to not tread on any toes.

Secondly, mainly for the attention of RonDenisDeletraz, I have overhauled the Autodynamics team page and given it an infobox, results table and an up-to-date bio. There are a few missing details in the infobox though which would be good to fill in, and also a logo too. Does anyone fancy coming up with something? (I'm thinking of Ataxia, Pasta, Biscione, Nuppiz or one of you chaps handy with a brush tool.) RDD, if you see this, do you mind adding the missing information yourself, or posting it here for someone else to put into the wiki?

1)That does seem to be the best thing to do. The wiki is not high-traffic enough, unfortunately, for that information to be of any real use anyway. Dr-baker, and other wiki-shy users involved in the PMMF, you may not be a computer or wiki code whizz, but I don't doubt for a second you're not capable of reading a webpage. The wiki is such a vital, important and interesting tool, that having a read really can be beneficial.

2)Ataxia has already put his skills to use in designing a logo, but he has said he's having trouble uploading the image to the wiki for some reason.

---EDIT: Logo has been uploaded, finally.----
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 26 Feb 2014, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AndreaModa wrote:Folks,

I've done a logo, but I'm pretty sure Shoutwiki's disabled the "upload file" function.

EDIT: Never mind, it's all working now...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...