The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

The place for alternate championships that use real results as a base of forming alternative results, driver careers, and games in general
FMecha

Re: The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

Post by FMecha »

Wallio wrote:Paint chip system is still there and still stupid, what else? Did I mention your starting car?

Paint chips are now non-consumable and permanent - it is no longer gone when you use it, through. ;)

A word of warning: DO NOT USE THE STOCKYARD FEATURE YET. I've hearing some people from GTPlanet and /r/granturismo (Gran Turismo subreddit) that they lost cars that are placed there.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

FMecha wrote:
Wallio wrote:Paint chip system is still there and still stupid, what else? Did I mention your starting car?

Paint chips are now non-consumable and permanent - it is no longer gone when you use it, through. ;)

A word of warning: DO NOT USE THE STOCKYARD FEATURE YET. I've hearing some people from GTPlanet and /r/granturismo (Gran Turismo subreddit) that they lost cars that are placed there.

Good to know about paint chips. I haven't actually painted a car yet, so hence my ignorance. What does the Stockyard actually do? Since the game with no manual, I can't figure it out.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Wallio wrote:
FMecha wrote:

Good to know about paint chips. I haven't actually painted a car yet, so hence my ignorance. What does the Stockyard actually do? Since the game with no manual, I can't figure it out.

Here.

Basically, where unused cars belong. You can only have 500 cars in main garage, while the stockyard allows for OVER 9000! (sorry, can't resist that -in layman's terms, it is 9,999) cars. ;)
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Ok, that makes sense, except, would this ever be a problem? You don't get prize cars for completing events anymore, so many cars can you actually have? I'm halfway through the IB races and only have 7 or cars (two of which are karts and 1 is that damn Fit). Would anyone actually hit 501 cars without hacking?

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Wallio wrote:Ok, that makes sense, except, would this ever be a problem? You don't get prize cars for completing events anymore, so many cars can you actually have? I'm halfway through the IB races and only have 7 or cars (two of which are karts and 1 is that damn Fit). Would anyone actually hit 501 cars without hacking?

Yeah, I am close to halfway done with the IA races, with around 3.3 million Credits already. Remember that I pre-ordered with GameStop in the states, so In reality I started out with the 25 pre-order cars already in my garage before buying the Honda fit! And in terms of prize cars, the only prize car I ended up using so far, was the Rocket for the British Lightweights. So, here's my week 1 impressions in terms of the 15th Ann. cars in terms of Buy, Sell, or Sleeper! Note: all cars mentioned are set up with all driving aids ON. TCS and ABS are set to 5, unless otherwise noted!

BUY:

Ford GT40 Mark 1: Man, this car is the most used one in my garage and for good reason, it's a street legal racer! It's most effective without installing the turbo kit, and I ended up turning down the ABS and TC to 3 on this car.

Megane Trophy Race Car: This car ended up being so easy to optimize even fully loaded with Stage 3 engine, that I can probably try it without any driving aids on! But as it stands, it's on rails!

Audi R18: For a LMP1, this thing is pretty rock solid in terms of consistency, maybe another of these cars that you could drive without any driving Aids.

SELL:

AUDI R8 LMS Ultra: This car is nowhere close to the GTR NIsmo GT3 (which might have a little potential with the Stage 3 turbo), or even the Mercedes SLS GT3 (without the turbo kit equipped) in terms of raw pace, and compared to the older spec R8 LMS from GT5, it's a piece of junk!

Pagani Huraya: Usually, Pagani's are very hit or miss in terms of driveability, but this one is not driveable for my tastes, or even for my Dad even with the driving aids on! Avoid spending too much on it!

SRT Viper: This thing is just as bad, like the fully-tuned Viper ACR was in GT5! Sucky stock transmission settings and Sports hard tires ruined it on almost everything except Route X!

SLEEPER:

Mercedes-Benz AMG VGT: Yeah, it's a street car and it's pretty powerful on it's own right, but it handles way better than that Huraya.

Toyota 86 GT: Now, this car might not be that fast right now in it's stock spec, but for 450 PP range, it's pretty hard not to choose it! Near-perfect handling and I didn't even add anything to it, yet. Could be a great find fully tuned!

Audi Quarrto S1 Rally Car: Okay, it's a Group B rally car for pete's sake, but it is actually quite useful for other things besides the Dirt Challenges, I used it for the 4wd challenge and the German League with no problems!
Now posted to PMMF . . . F1 management 2011!

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

KL-racer wrote:Toyota 86 GT: Now, this car might not be that fast right now in it's stock spec, but for 450 PP range, it's pretty hard not to choose it! Near-perfect handling and I didn't even add anything to it, yet. Could be a great find fully tuned!

I bought the BRZ early (I prefer it to the 86 just because you don't see as many on the road ;)) and loved it when it was stock. However I've tuned it pretty hard now and it's an absolute handful to drive. It's going to be a long process playing with the settings again methinks...
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
umatbru [aka nonameyet]

Post by umatbru [aka nonameyet] »

MinardiFan95 wrote:...and the winner of the most rejectful game of the year goes to... Ashes Cricket 2013!

Not if Final Fantasy: All the Bravest, Star Trek, Fast and Furious: Showdown And RIDE TO bathplug PIECE OF shite HELL RETRIBUTION have anything to say about that.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

umatbru [aka nonameyet] wrote:
MinardiFan95 wrote:...and the winner of the most rejectful game of the year goes to... Ashes Cricket 2013!

Not if Final Fantasy: All the Bravest, Star Trek, Fast and Furious: Showdown And RIDE TO bathplug PIECE OF shite HELL RETRIBUTION have anything to say about that.

:roll:

Also, has anyone been aware of the Mercedes Vision GT money making trick in GT6? Obtain the car, move to any other car, disconnect from PSN, delete GT6 game data, start GT6 again (and refuse to install patches/sign in if you are logged in, hence my advice to disconnect from PSN), sell [2055] (the Vision GT) - you will get 20 million, reconnect to PSN and install patches, and rinse and repeat. Apparently it works too with M4 Concept (which has no cockpit, but will getting one soon). :)
umatbru [aka nonameyet]

FMecha wrote:

:roll:

But those games are actually rejectful
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

umatbru [aka nonameyet] wrote:But those games are actually rejectful

Regardless of that, you went quite a bit overboard with the amount of swearwords in your post.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
umatbru [aka nonameyet]

Nuppiz wrote:

Regardless of that, you went quite a bit overboard with the amount of swearwords in your post.

Sorry. Also should we hold a poll for most rejectful game of 2013?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Nuppiz wrote:

Sorry. Also should we hold a poll for most rejectful game of 2013?

Maybe we should hold a poll for the most rejectful posts of 2013. Your little tirade would score quite highly.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
umatbru [aka nonameyet] wrote:Sorry. Also should we hold a poll for most rejectful game of 2013?

Maybe we should hold a poll for the most rejectful posts of 2013. Your little tirade would score quite highly.

He's leading the "Spambot of the Year" voting by quite some margin already....

umatbru [aka nonameyet]

Wallio wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:
umatbru [aka nonameyet] wrote:Sorry. Also should we hold a poll for most rejectful game of 2013?

I'm not a spambot, in fact, I DONT LIKE SPAM!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Wallio wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:Maybe we should hold a poll for the most rejectful posts of 2013. Your little tirade would score quite highly.

I'm not a spambot, in fact, I DONT LIKE SPAM!

How can you not like spam? I mean, what about Mr Alan Shoe Trader? :cry:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

umatbru [aka nonameyet] wrote:I'm not a spambot, in fact, I DONT LIKE SPAM!

Nice boobies, honeybun. My nipples explode with delight!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Wallio wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

Who else has had about 6 topics locked in a month?
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
Wallio wrote:He's leading the "Spambot of the Year" voting by quite some margin already....

Who else has had about 6 topics locked in a month?

EDIT: Post removed. Can't delete it.
Last edited by good_Ralf on 15 Dec 2013, 22:53, edited 2 times in total.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Let's stop now before this descends into the area of personal attacks...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Back on the topic of GT6: I managed to acquire all of the stars in career mode! It took me 9 days to get them all! I just finished with the 24 minutes of Le Mans, at 10:26 PM yesterday night Tucson Time with the R18. So on Day 10, I also did the S-class mission races all gold. All that's left to do for me is 5 one-make races, the lunar exploration special event and getting the s-license all gold! FYI, I have 5.7 million credits right now and no before you ask, I didn't do the money cheat!

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

KL-racer wrote:Back on the topic of GT6: I managed to acquire all of the stars in career mode! It took me 9 days to get them all! I just finished with the 24 minutes of Le Mans, at 10:26 PM yesterday night Tucson Time with the R18. So on Day 10, I also did the S-class mission races all gold. All that's left to do for me is 5 one-make races, the lunar exploration special event and getting the s-license all gold! FYI, I have 5.7 million credits right now and no before you ask, I didn't do the money cheat!

Damn, that's pretty good for just 10 days after release. Now you'll (and others) have to see what PD comes up with in terms of updates and features, as there are newer updates coming the last I checked (as I don't have the game yet). The (new) course maker looks promising, and if it's going to be as much of a hit as people believe it will be, then I'll spend quite a bit of time there.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

dr-baker wrote:Nice boobies, honeybun. My nipples explode with delight!

Taken out of context, that is truly hilarious :lol:
TORA! TORA! TORA!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Nice boobies, honeybun. My nipples explode with delight!

Taken out of context, that is truly hilarious :lol:

That's what I was aiming for. ;) Even in context, it has its moments.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

go_Rubens wrote:The (new) course maker looks promising, and if it's going to be as much of a hit as people believe it will be, then I'll spend quite a bit of time there.

Same here mate ;)
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Well, I just realized something in GT6. There is no dedicated DTM series or lightweight Kei car races in it! But they managed to add races just for GT300 class vehicles that competed in SUPER GT/JGTC. Also, the races for the FIA GT3 class vehicles was a nice touch. However, I did managed to get all gold medals on the S-license tests a couple hours ago. Yeah, I turned off most if not all of the driving aids for these tests and they are not as hard as I thought it should be. FYI, I'm at 95% game completion and have around 75% or so of the PSN trophies for the game. Credit wise, I am now at 6.1 million.

FYI, the final drift challenge is so tough that I ended up using Manual transmission for the first time in this game just to get bronze!

AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

I hate the drift challenges - it's just not my thing at all and makes it really hard when I'm using a Logitech G25 with 900 degrees of rotation...

I tried with with the PS3 remote also, but could only get silver on most of them.

I guess I'm just too used to driving as smoothly as possible.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

Julien

Post by Julien »

I'm just so jelly of you guys :)
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

OMG! I just saw there will be Ayrton Senna related content for GT6......now i wan't to have this game even more.
Btw it will be available on May 1st
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

So, it turns out that I have a bunch of games that I already have in my Steam inventory. Since obviously I have no use for them, I was wondering if anyone here was interested in them.

The games are:
Frozen Synapse
FTL: Faster Than Light - CLAIMED
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - CLAIMED
Sleeping Dogs
GRID 1 - CLAIMED
Crusader Kings II - CLAIMED

You'll need a Steam account and a PC capable of running the games in question, but if you don't have a Steam account, I can just send it to you via email - the email itself will explain how to set everything up.
Last edited by Salamander on 24 Dec 2013, 23:20, edited 2 times in total.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

roblomas52 wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:The (new) course maker looks promising, and if it's going to be as much of a hit as people believe it will be, then I'll spend quite a bit of time there.

Same here mate ;)

Plus the amount of time I plan to spend driving Mount Panorama. I'd imagine a lot. I'll focus on career mode mostly, but I really dislike starting with the bathplugging Honda Fit. Inside Sim Racing, a YouTube channel with 2 guys who are into, well, sim racing, really had a fit about the Fit.

There seem to be plenty of cars better than the Fit for the amount of money you start with ($30,000). Like, a Mazda Roadster.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

go_Rubens wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:

Same here mate ;)

Plus the amount of time I plan to spend driving Mount Panorama. I'd imagine a lot. I'll focus on career mode mostly, but I really dislike starting with the bathplugging Honda Fit. Inside Sim Racing, a YouTube channel with 2 guys who are into, well, sim racing, really had a fit about the Fit.

There seem to be plenty of cars better than the Fit for the amount of money you start with ($30,000). Like, a Mazda Roadster.

Or the Mazda RX8 for that matter as well!
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Seriously, what is everyone's problem with the Fit? You only have to do one race with it and then you can sell it for nearly as much as what you paid for it...

CoopsII wrote:

KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

AustralianStig wrote:Seriously, what is everyone's problem with the Fit? You only have to do one race with it and then you can sell it for nearly as much as what you paid for it...

I ended up keeping it, I only had to use for both Sunday Cup Races, and then for the Online Seasonal time trial on GT Arena with light modifications and that's it!

But anyways, back on why everyone on here hates it. It's Front drive, 17000 CR and there are better cars for that price! Yes, I am talking to you 1989 Mazda Miata, even though myself and my dad has a general dislike for convertibles!

Personally, If you get the set-up correct without the driving aids, it's like driving a super-sized Kei Car! And since there are no dedicated Kei-car races yet, this is the next best thing to one!

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

AustralianStig wrote:Seriously, what is everyone's problem with the Fit? You only have to do one race with it and then you can sell it for nearly as much as what you paid for it...

The problem here is that GT6 doesn't have a proper Career Mode now that we must start with the Fit instead of a random car. For example, at the start of GT5, I found myself a decent '02 Prius when the Prius was cool. And it worked wonders. Why must we start with the Fit? And the fact that the Fit is really not a car that deserves to be in a racing game. Unless you have a hybrid cup, and I don't think GT6 actually has one.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

go_Rubens wrote:The problem here is that GT6 doesn't have a proper Career Mode now that we must start with the Fit instead of a random car. For example, at the start of GT5, I found myself a decent '02 Prius when the Prius was cool. And it worked wonders. Why must we start with the Fit? And the fact that the Fit is really not a car that deserves to be in a racing game. Unless you have a hybrid cup, and I don't think GT6 actually has one.

Yes it does. Just buy the Fit, do one race, sell it, buy the Prius and pretend the Fit never happened. Just because you must start with a certain car doesn't mean it's not a proper career mode. :roll:

And for the record, there is a tourney for electric cars in the National A races.

CoopsII wrote:

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

AustralianStig wrote:Yes it does. Just buy the Fit, do one race, sell it, buy the Prius and pretend the Fit never happened. Just because you must start with a certain car doesn't mean it's not a proper career mode. :roll:

With all due respect AussieStig, I beg to differ. Having to start with a certain car takes away from the level of experience with the game and the racing career aspect of it. Not all drivers in GT should start with, well, the same background. It takes away from unique challenges you may encounter with other cars. Do all GT players start racing with a Fit? I don't think so. Do they want to start with a Fit? I don't think so. Does anyone in real life start racing with a Fit? I don't think so. Does it have an effect on the long term? No, but I do care about tiny details, and I'm fine with it. I have my opinion, you have yours, and I'm just making my point.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

In my opinion they just take away your freedom to choose your first car! I always loved to have something like a supra or a golf which i kept for at least the first couple of races!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Hermann95 wrote:In my opinion they just take away your freedom to choose your first car! I always loved to have something like a supra or a golf which i kept for at least the first couple of races!

On GT4, I had a Mitsubishi Evo 3 as my first car :D
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Hermann95 wrote:In my opinion they just take away your freedom to choose your first car! I always loved to have something like a supra or a golf which i kept for at least the first couple of races!

I always loved having a 15 year old rot-box for my first car, rather than a new car. It added a certain level of realism, I'd rather go to a track day or Sunday Cup race in an old RX-7 than a brand new, cookie-cutter hatchback.

KL-racer wrote:Yes, I am talking to you 1989 Mazda Miata, even though myself and my dad has a general dislike for convertibles!

Personally, If you get the set-up correct without the driving aids, it's like driving a super-sized Kei Car! And since there are no dedicated Kei-car races yet, this is the next best thing to one!

You're doing it right. An MX-5 of some sort was always my first car.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Speaking of the Supra, I eventually bought a Supra RZ '97 in GT6 for the 90's Japanese race and I still have it in my GT6 garage but it's still not fully maxed out. True story, my dad didn't own one in real life. He wished he could have bought one back in 1997, but instead, my dad bought a 3000GT VR4 in real life just because he was a loyal Mitsubishi fan at that time and it had AWD, and since we were living in San Diego at that time, the Supra were like gold back then and even now it has become even more like diamonds especially ones that are NOT been modified!