Bottas the Toff

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

Bottas the Toff

Post by Londoner »

https://twitter.com/ValtteriBottas/status/406495731714125824

I now have this image of Bottas wearing big green wellington boots, a cloth cap, and a tweed jacket. Next thing we'll find out, he's an avid consumer of caviar. :lol:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Aerospeed

Re: Bottas the Toff

Post by Aerospeed »

"Pheasant shoot?"
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Hyar-Hyar old chap.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Ataxia wrote:Image

Oo-arr! Gerr off my new avatar! Ger'on, 'oppit!
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
nigellamansell

Post by nigellamansell »

I thought he was going to a peasant shoot. I was hoping he and Frank were going to put some buckshot in the Rev's arse for squandering so many points in the 2012 season
Keeping away from the white lines...allegedly
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Who took that? You would think that having a F1 driver do a photo shoot with your company would yield many results, but there doesn't appear to be anything here...

On the other hand, I wouldn't blame them because Bottas looks over the top - the hunting gun just makes it perfection :lol:
Trulli bad puns...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Aerospeed wrote:Who took that? You would think that having a F1 driver do a photo shoot with your company would yield many results, but there doesn't appear to be anything here...

On the other hand, I wouldn't blame them because Bottas looks over the top - the hunting gun just makes it perfection :lol:

My dear fellow, this is not a photoshoot! Lord Ataxia has used this new fangled computer machine gubbins to create a faked photograph! Yes, I believe the young people these days refer to it as "shopping photographs". One can only assume they can be purchased at a poor man's supermarket such as Asda or such, as I have never seen such a thing while browsing Waitrose for some smoke salmon canapés. Now that one has finished explaining the ways of the world to such a mere commoner, one must find where one placed the keys to one's Range Rover. Pip pip, tally ho!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Stramala wrote:
Aerospeed wrote:Who took that? You would think that having a F1 driver do a photo shoot with your company would yield many results, but there doesn't appear to be anything here...

My dear fellow, this is not a photoshoot! Lord Ataxia has used this new fangled computer machine gubbins to create a faked photograph! Yes, I believe the young people these days refer to it as "shopping photographs". One can only assume they can be purchased at a poor man's supermarket such as Asda or such, as I have never seen such a thing while browsing Waitrose for some smoke salmon canapés. Now that one has finished explaining the ways of the world to such a mere commoner, one must find where one placed the keys to one's Range Rover. Pip pip, tally ho!

Yes, and having just tweeted it to Mr. Bottas he favourited it. I am ever so slightly pleased.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Ataxia wrote:
Stramala wrote:

Yes, and having just tweeted it to Mr. Bottas he favourited it. I am ever so slightly pleased.

:lol: :oops: :lol:

Well, at least Bottas approved of the shop :lol: :oops: :oops:
Trulli bad puns...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Aerospeed wrote:"Pheasant shoot?"

nigellamansell wrote:I thought he was going to a peasant shoot.

Whatever, I hope he has a pleasant time.

:roll:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

dr-baker wrote:
Aerospeed wrote:"Pheasant shoot?"

nigellamansell wrote:I thought he was going to a peasant shoot.

Whatever, I hope he has a pleasant time.

:roll:

I believe he is at present :)
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

nigellamansell wrote:I thought he was going to a peasant shoot. I was hoping he and Frank were going to put some buckshot in the Rev's arse for squandering so many points in the 2012 season

And in 2013 as well. The Pastor has now fled to Lotus to avoid the shooting.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
mario

Post by mario »

Ataxia wrote:
Stramala wrote:

It's one of those weird things where the final image actually looks relatively appropriate - you could actually kind of envisage Bottas being dressed up like that for a pheasant shoot...

Speaking of which, I was fairly sure that the BBC once interviewed Hulkenberg about some of the things he got up to outside of F1 when driving for Williams, and one of the things that Hulkenberg had taken up whilst living in the UK was clay pigeon shooting.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

mario wrote:Speaking of which, I was fairly sure that the BBC once interviewed Hulkenberg about some of the things he got up to outside of F1 when driving for Williams, and one of the things that Hulkenberg had taken up whilst living in the UK was clay pigeon shooting.

That was Jackie Stewart's sport too, wasn't it? Could have represented Britain at the Olympics if it eren't for one duff shot. So he became an F1 driver instead. And the rest is history!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I may have used to dislike Bottas, but this is quite funny
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

I was hoping this thread announced Bottas supports the mighty Everton. :lol:
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

eurobrun wrote:I may have used to dislike Bottas, but this is quite funny

For what?! I don't get it, you hate people who are too nice?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

The phrasing of the tweet suggests that while this may be the first English pheasant shoot he's attending he's no stranger to pheasant shooting elsewhere. I bet pheasants are really easy to spot in Finland.
Just For One Day...
nigellamansell

Post by nigellamansell »

CoopsII wrote:The phrasing of the tweet suggests that while this may be the first English pheasant shoot he's attending he's no stranger to pheasant shooting elsewhere. I bet pheasants are really easy to spot in Finland.

They do all of the driving and eat ice cream.....oh sorry I thought you meant peasant
Keeping away from the white lines...allegedly
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Stramala wrote:
eurobrun wrote:I may have used to dislike Bottas, but this is quite funny

For what?! I don't get it, you hate people who are too nice?

I thought he was overrated. But that drive at Austin was impressive.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

He's not the pheasant plucker he's the pheasant pluckers son and he's only plucking pheasants 'til the pheasant plucker comes.

Try saying that quickly Valterri! I dare you, I double-dare you mother-hubbard!
Just For One Day...