The 'Ruined Dreams' Game

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Re: The 'Ruined Dreams' Game

Post by go_Rubens »

And they all sign for other teams immediately, express their discontent with the FIA, and subsequently get hired back for their own teams after a lot of bickering.

F1 builds a racetrack in Kenya for the 2027 season, to help Nairobi with their Olympic bid, and the track was a great success.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

go_Rubens wrote:And they all sign for other teams immediately, express their discontent with the FIA, and subsequently get hired back for their own teams after a lot of bickering.

F1 builds a racetrack in Kenya for the 2027 season, to help Nairobi with their Olympic bid, and the track was a great success.

Actually the Track was as run down as the 2002 WRC service park and Bernie scraps it after just 1 year

Peugeot return to F1 and build a race winning engine which ends the Renault reign
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

The engine might have been powerful, but the Renault privided better reliability, and no one bothers to take the Peugeot on after 2 years of use.

Cosworth reverse their decision to not build engines for F1 next year.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
eichy

Post by eichy »

go_Rubens wrote:The engine might have been powerful, but the Renault privided better reliability, and no one bothers to take the Peugeot on after 2 years of use.

Cosworth reverse their decision to not build engines for F1 next year.

No one bothers to sign a contract with them.

Neither Red Bull makes the podium in Austria next year
American
JORDAN GRAND PRIX FOREVER
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

But Helmut Marko gives out the 1st place trophy!

Austria never leaves the F1 calendar while racing at the Red Bull Ring.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

go_Rubens wrote:But Helmut Marko gives out the 1st place trophy!

Austria never leaves the F1 calendar while racing at the Red Bull Ring.

They rebulid it back to the full Osterreichring meaning 1 year away from the calender to rebuild the track.

F1 returns to Montjuic Park :lol:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

To publicly declare it too unfit to race and the race never happens again.

Fans at F1 tracks are allowed to place suggestions on pieces of paper into suggestion boxes placed around circuits, and the most popular suggestion gets into the next year's F1 regulations.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Cynon

Post by Cynon »

When most of the suggestions are butthurt Ferrari/McLaren/Webber/Hamilton fans suggesting that either Red Bull, Vettel, or Adrian Newey be banned from the sport, the FIA realizes what a stupid mistake this is and never follows through.

The 2014 grid is loaded with lots of exciting new rookie drivers instead of faceless, uninspiring veterans like Massa, Hulkenberg, etc.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Cynon wrote:When most of the suggestions are butthurt Ferrari/McLaren/Webber/Hamilton fans suggesting that either Red Bull, Vettel, or Adrian Newey be banned from the sport, the FIA realizes what a stupid mistake this is and never follows through.

The 2014 grid is loaded with lots of exciting new rookie drivers instead of faceless, uninspiring veterans like Massa, Hulkenberg, etc.

Their talent is a cross between Carmen Jorda and Johnny Cecotto JR.

F1 incorperated the US Gold Crown bodies to cut costs...
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

F1 drivers can't handle the amount of power and lighter weight, and the series is declared too unsafe.

F1 drivers are given more freedom, as in being allowed to compete in other races like Le Mans.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

go_Rubens wrote:F1 drivers are given more freedom, as in being allowed to compete in other races like Le Mans.

However, the Canadian GP is always scheduled to clash with Le Mans, and Monaco timetabled to clash with the Indy 500, thus denying them any genuine opportunity.

Apart from Kimi, who goes on to win the F1 championship, Le Mans and the Indy 500 in the same year, despite missing Canada and Monaco.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

People start throwing vodka bottles everywhere... At least there wasn't any Ben and Jerry's ice cream involved.

Kimi Räikkönen founds his own vodka and ice cream company.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

go_Rubens wrote:Kimi Räikkönen founds his own vodka and ice cream company.

It goes bust pretty quickly because of a lack of sales. Not because the product is bad or poor marketing, but because Kimi and his mates consume all the products before they get anywhere near the shops.

The 2014 Silly Season gets sillier and my dream comes true of Susie Wolff getting a drive at a Mercedes-powered team, where she remains a race driver for the full season.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

dr-baker wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:Kimi Räikkönen founds his own vodka and ice cream company.

It goes bust pretty quickly because of a lack of sales. Not because the product is bad or poor marketing, but because Kimi and his mates consume all the products before they get anywhere near the shops.

The 2014 Silly Season gets sillier and my dream comes true of Susie Wolff getting a drive at a Mercedes-powered team, where she remains a race driver for the full season.

Then goes back to the DTM.

F1 races at the Indy 500.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

The cars were too unfit for the regulations, as the only possible deal was to race with the Dallaras on hand. As a result, F1 leaves Indianapolis forever after their own farce that they created, and the FIA's reputation is tarnished for all eternity, so much so that they disappear into the abyss.

F1 cars are built to new regulations with wider cars, like the 90s.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

go_Rubens wrote:The cars were too unfit for the regulations, as the only possible deal was to race with the Dallaras on hand. As a result, F1 leaves Indianapolis forever after their own farce that they created, and the FIA's reputation is tarnished for all eternity, so much so that they disappear into the abyss.

F1 cars are built to new regulations with wider cars, like the 90s.

They are to fast for Jean Todt's liking and they are reverted back to 2014 spec.

Ground effect returns.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Only because the teams wanted faster cars or they'd leave. The teams were tired of the FIA trying to, in their mind, screw over the idea of a fast race car, the FIA petitioning F1 to be more of a business, and since the FIA made regulations to use 4 cylinders, teams like Ferrari, McLaren, and Lotus moaned and moaned, Ferrari incessantly. So, as a result, the cars being 12 seconds slower than 2011 spec cars, the big teams made an agreement to boycott the races and whole development process of a new car until the regulations changed. The time the FIA released details was January, so the big teams wound up at a huge disadvantage, and the privateers built good cars to begin with, so the whole field was spread out in each race, with seemingly no solution to the boring track action and the nonstop political nonsense going on off the track, so much so that when they raced at Indianapolis, there was not a single overtake on track, the fans dejected, and F1 Rejects storms over to get their say in the farces that happen on an everyday basis.

Tasmania gets an F1 GP.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

go_Rubens wrote:Only because the teams wanted faster cars or they'd leave. The teams were tired of the FIA trying to, in their mind, screw over the idea of a fast race car, the FIA petitioning F1 to be more of a business, and since the FIA made regulations to use 4 cylinders, teams like Ferrari, McLaren, and Lotus moaned and moaned, Ferrari incessantly. So, as a result, the cars being 12 seconds slower than 2011 spec cars, the big teams made an agreement to boycott the races and whole development process of a new car until the regulations changed. The time the FIA released details was January, so the big teams wound up at a huge disadvantage, and the privateers built good cars to begin with, so the whole field was spread out in each race, with seemingly no solution to the boring track action and the nonstop political nonsense going on off the track, so much so that when they raced at Indianapolis, there was not a single overtake on track, the fans dejected, and F1 Rejects storms over to get their say in the farces that happen on an everyday basis.

Tasmania gets an F1 GP.

Despite being marketed as the Tasmanian Grand Prix, it's actually held in Adelaide, to the disapproval of Eurobrun. :P ;)

Sauber fire Esteban Gutierrez and bring in King Kamui as a replacement.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Unfortunately his sushi wasn't a big hit with the team...

F1 hires great musicians to perform at the F1 Rocks concert in Singapore.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

go_Rubens wrote:Unfortunately his sushi wasn't a big hit with the team...

F1 hires great musicians to perform at the F1 Rocks concert in Singapore.

It turns out to be Muse playing "The 2nd Law" in its entirety. :evil: :P

Michael Waltrip buys an F1 team.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

And he hires Clint Bowyer and Martin Truex Junior as the drivers, and there are more allegations of cheating despite at the back of the pecking order.

The Life GP series is real.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

go_Rubens wrote:And he hires Clint Bowyer and Martin Truex Junior as the drivers, and there are more allegations of cheating despite at the back of the pecking order.

The Life GP series is real.

The are not working long enough for a proper race.

F1 used 2L N.A V10-V12-V16's in 2014 :twisted:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Even if the regulations were completely cocked up by the FIA at first, the teams request the V6 Turbos again, and the turbos are back.

The FIA allows different engine types again.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

go_Rubens wrote:Even if the regulations were completely cocked up by the FIA at first, the teams request the V6 Turbos again, and the turbos are back.

The FIA allows different engine types again.

At the first race, there is 21 engine failures, Vettel wins, and the idea is abandoned.

Hulkenberg wins the 2013 Brazilian GP in the rain
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
Ataxia's take on the cool wall:
Ataxia wrote:Felipe, baby: Cool
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Hulkenberg gets the sack anyways and Maldonado is brought in as his replacement.

Lotus find their way out of their financial troubles...
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Aerospeed wrote:Hulkenberg gets the sack anyways and Maldonado is brought in as his replacement.

Dang, you spoiled my perfect scenario with replying quicker than me. That perfect scenario involved both Marussia getting on the podium and Canoe Slalom :lol: Oh well, we can't win all the time, can we? ;)

Anyway, Lotus within 5 years are bought by, Psy cooperating with Korean investors!

The FIA fix the Concorde Agreement.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

go_Rubens wrote:
Aerospeed wrote:Hulkenberg gets the sack anyways and Maldonado is brought in as his replacement.

Dang, you spoiled my perfect scenario with replying quicker than me. That perfect scenario involved both Marussia getting on the podium and Canoe Slalom :lol: Oh well, we can't win all the time, can we? ;)

Anyway, Lotus within 5 years are bought by, Psy cooperating with Korean investors!

The FIA fix the Concorde Agreement.

By getting rid of Bernie and Jean.

A canoe slalom is built over Eau Rouge… ;)
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Cynon

Post by Cynon »

roblomas52 wrote:By getting rid of Bernie and Jean.

A canoe slalom is built over Eau Rouge… ;)

F1 leaves Spa forever and the track is bulldozed by nimbys.

A competent Arab driver makes it to F1.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Cynon wrote:A competent Arab driver makes it to F1.

As the medical car driver!

Tampax enters F1 as a team's title sponsor...
MCard LOLA
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

dr-baker wrote:
Cynon wrote:A competent Arab driver makes it to F1.

As the medical car driver!

Tampax enters F1 as a team's title sponsor...

There is international outcry and the team sponsored by Tampax are banned.

F1 holds a Grand Prix of Scotland and Knockhill Park... :twisted:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Paul di Resta was last in every session and crashed on lap 1 so viewing figures plummeted by 50%

Marcus Gronholm and Rowan Atkinson enter the Le Mans 24 Hours
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Paul di Resta was last in every session and crashed on lap 1 so viewing figures plummeted by 50%

Marcus Gronholm and Rowan Atkinson enter the Le Mans 24 Hours

Gronholm writes the car off at the first chicane.

F1 had a race in Malta...
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

roblomas52 wrote:A canoe slalom is built over Eau Rouge… ;)

I can actually see how that would work out in reality :lol: In fact, this is true, since the course in Beijing hasn't been used since the Olympics occured there, a street circuit was built around the course :lol:

The spectators weren't Car Crazy! ;)

An F1 track is built at the borders of Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, and Utah ;)
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

go_Rubens wrote:An F1 track is built at the borders of Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, and Utah ;)

It is flat and boring and worse of all, designed by Herman Tilke :lol:

Taki inoue returns to F1.

go_Rubens wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:

I presume you have never been to Malta then ;)
Once you have been to the RWYB, you will go home knowing Just how mad they are, with a migrane :lol:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

roblomas52 wrote:Taki inoue returns to F1.

As the official F1 Twitter account feed to gain FOM greater publicity :lol:

roblomas52 wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:F1 had a race in Malta...

No, but I know they're car crazy. You told me before, actually ;) I just wanted to see a response to that, see if anything creative was on your mind, and I want to see creativity in this thread :geek:
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Ruby failed to add the next dream so we start again

Rowan Atkinson races in Motorsport
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

roblomas52 wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:F1 had a race in Malta...

Once you have been to the RWYB, you will go home knowing Just how mad they are, with a migrane :lol:
A propos of nothing, my personal academic tutor is Maltese (no, not a Malteser...).

And explain RWYB before I Google it please.

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Ruby failed to add the next dream so we start again

Rowan Atkinson races in Motorsport

But he does...
MCard LOLA
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

And we start over again...

Vettel beats most of Schumacher's records.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

go_Rubens wrote:And we start over again...

Vettel beats most of Schumacher's records.

Then loses all of his titles Armstrong-style because of steroid use :P

Luca Badoer makes a comeback and unrejectifies himself.
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
Ataxia's take on the cool wall:
Ataxia wrote:Felipe, baby: Cool
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Only 6 teams showed up for a rainy Brazilian GP, but after 5 cars retired on the first lap, and only Hülkenberg, the 2 Marussias, and the Ferrari Luca was driving were left at the end, Badoer speeding in the pits a lot :lol:

EDIT: Forgot dream again :P Taki Inoue takes over FOM's Twitter feed.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool