2013 Korean Grand Prix

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
rachel1990

2013 Korean Grand Prix

Post by rachel1990 »

So Korea returns again in 2013.

Hopefully we will see an exciting grand prix that is full of drama and a race that is closely fought until the very last lap.

However the total lack of enthusiasm from plenty of people around the globe for this race apart from Red Bull and Vettel tells a very different story. And seeing as Korea hasn't given us a classic (2010 was a fluke) 2013 is hardly going to change things. I think.

Now we all know who has won the championship and Vettel is a totally deserving winner of it. His last 3 wins have been flawless and they is little reason to doubt why he can't make it 3 Korean Gp's in a row and 4 wins on the bounce. Red Bull must hope that Webber can score some good points to hopefully win both titles in India.

Ferrari can only pray that something goes wrong with Vettel's car to even get a win now cause by god they won't win another race on the car's speed. A 4th successive 2nd place for Alonso must be the best he can achieve right now. Massa really needs a strong drive to get a Lotus drive but I can't see it myself.

Both Rosberg and Hamilton were okay in Singapore but must do better in Korea to Get second place for Mercedes. The tyre issue for them could cost them now.

For someone who isn't being paid Raikkonen is actually doing his best. Probably to show alonso what he is facing next year. Grosjean was very unlucky in singapore and if he continues his form he could still go after Massa in the points total.

Mclaren must love di resta at the moment. They are pulling away from FI but are stuck in limbo land. I can't see them getting on the podium this season.

Force India must hate di resta at the moment and surely its make or break for him now. Sutil needs a good race as well to help the team.

Toro Rosso have left it too late to go after 5th now and really are in limbo. It would be nice to see both drivers having strong races though.

The Hulk had another strong race in Singapore and could bring some more points. The pay driver won't of course.

No points for Williams again. That is all.

Caterham are starting to get desperate for that 12th place in a race to finish above Marussia. No rain is predicted for this weekend though so tough on them

Marussia will come last.

So Vettel will win with Alonso Second. Maybe something interesting will happen in the midfield but I have a feeling this race could be more dominant for Vettel than the last one (he wins by a minute this time)
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Shizuka

Re: 2013 Korean Grand Prix

Post by Shizuka »

I just hope there will be a great battle for second place. I can't really see other taking the fight to Vettel at the moment.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

It's about that time of year for me to post Red Bull's CGI representation of the track from 2010 :

http://youtu.be/y6OZT8_j944

Let's see how similar it looks this year :P
Gvozdenovic

Post by Gvozdenovic »

Well ok, Vettel is favourite and he will probably win championship but things are still nowhere as absolute as they are painted here and in general public. I mean, i wouldn't want you guys on first line of defences in England 1940 or Russia 1941 lolo
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

Weather: Could be a wet one. By which I mean, a literal typhoon. Which will either create a classic race OR more likely, give the guys with the red flags some much needed arm exercise.
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

I wouldn't be surprised if Vettel won here again. He has won the last two and would have won in 2010, barring the engine breaking. I doubt he will win by a minute though, as he hasn't been as dominant in Yeongnam as he has been in Marina Bay. Vettel also broke that curse I found in Singapore where he has never won at a specific track for 3 successive years, so he is certain to do it again in Korea.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Jocke1

Re: 2013 Let's See Who Will Catch A Lift This Time Grand Pri

Post by Jocke1 »

Korea 2013 prediction:

Chilton gives a lift to.......Hamilton?
-*:-
Ben Gilbert

Post by Ben Gilbert »

rachel1990 wrote:However the total lack of enthusiasm from plenty of people around the globe for this race apart from Red Bull and Vettel tells a very different story. And seeing as Korea hasn't given us a classic (2010 was a fluke) 2013 is hardly going to change things. I think.

So, tell me, which 'classic' races happened in utterly conventional conditions, with no outside influences such as rain, people on the circuit, enormous accidents, or a tense championship battle?
Cynon wrote:Look further down the field, enjoy the view of the little guys and/or crap drivers in cars too good for them giving their all for a meager result.

Because that's what I thought this forum celebrates the most.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Jocke1 wrote:Image

Nowadays Piquet would be given at least a race ban for bringing Johannson, Alliout and Arnoux home...

Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns26437.html

This could get interesting.......
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Wallio wrote:http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns26437.html

If the rain actually shows up unlike the last two times it was supposed to.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

I'm not buying it!

rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

I'm not counting my chickens just yet. Wasn't both Belgium and Italy meant to be wet races as well :roll:
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Shizuka wrote:

I'm not buying it!

We should ban Weather predictions from F1, Look at Japan's 2004 ROTR to find out why
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:We should ban Weather predictions from F1, Look at Japan's 2004 ROTR to find out why

Seconded.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Jocke1 wrote:Image

Am I the only one that found this photo ridiculously funny? :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

rachel1990 wrote:

I'm not counting my chickens just yet. Wasn't both Belgium and Italy meant to be wet races as well :roll:

I thought Singapore was predicted to be wet as well early on. In fact I think this is the first time since 2004 that none of the races have been properly wet, although you have to consider the start (only) in Malaysia. STO again but wet races really contribute to an exciting season of F1. In 2012 there was rain in Malaysia and Brazil already.

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

As long as frigging Gangnam Style doesnt make an appearence at any point during the coverage I expect an exciting race for 2nd ;)
Just For One Day...
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

CoopsII wrote:As long as frigging Gangnam Style doesnt make an appearence at any point during the coverage I expect an exciting race for 2nd ;)

Gangnam Style is old news, and nobody cares about PSY anymore. I think we should be safe.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I think we should just nominate K-Pop as an dishonourable mention for ROTR for being the most vapid and awful music genre to ever exist. :P

Onto more serious matters, is this one of the races that the BBC are showing live?
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

East Londoner wrote:Is this one of the races that the BBC are showing live?

No, only 3 more this year : http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17238688
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

You've got to hand it to Bernie, summoning a Tropical Storm suggests he really wants an exciting race on Sunday.
Just For One Day...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

good_Ralf wrote:Look at this

I'll believe it when the raindrops actually fall on the racing surface. Not before.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Salamander wrote:

I'll believe it when the raindrops actually fall on the racing surface. Not before.

Quite right as I believe the last FOUR races have had rain predicted for Sunday only for to amount to nothing.
Just For One Day...
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

eurobrun wrote:
CoopsII wrote:As long as frigging Gangnam Style doesnt make an appearence at any point during the coverage I expect an exciting race for 2nd ;)

Gangnam Style is old news, and nobody cares about PSY anymore. I think we should be safe.

Whenever i go to a party and Gangnam Style comes on I always shout "Turn that f*****g song off". Gangnam style should be called the Song that must not be named (TSTMNBM)
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Whenever i go to a party and Gangnam Style comes on I always shout "Turn that f*****g song off". Gangnam style should be called the Song that must not be named (TSTMNBM)

There are many much better contenders for that.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Salamander wrote:

Exactly, if there will not be any rain again, there will be a huge chance for the weather forecast to take the RotR.

SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

Crofty read my tweet out in FP1!

Definitely worth staying up till 4am before work for :)

F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

So Hamilton was top in both Practice sessions.

Sense of false Hope from Mercedes or will Korea give an expected last Hurrah?

By the way read this (Vettel has led 93% of all laps at Korea) That is frightening
IceG

Post by IceG »

Watching that last right/left before the finish with the pit-lane entrance on the left scares the heck out of me. Kimi's crash in FP1 there looked very odd and Alonso nearly binned it at the end of FP2 at the same place. Brundell says that the entry to the pits is 130mph.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

SgtPepper wrote:Crofty read my tweet out in FP1!

Pandawhale.com? What strange websites you find your images of Emma Watson from. Crushable was the last website, wasn't it?

When I was at Kingston University, a group of us were speculation which animal we all most resembled. I was a panda. Miss Watson is clearly not either a panda or a whale.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Marussia will be in last not because of Bianchi who might still be able to keep up with the Caterham guys, but Max Chilton who is little more than Mazzacane.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:Marussia will be in last not because of Bianchi who might still be able to keep up with the Caterham guys, but Max Chilton who is little more than Mazzacane.

FP1 result :

Pos No.  Name                 Car            Time     +/-    Laps
21   23 Max Chilton       Marussia-Cosworth 1:44.100  4.470  14
22   22 Rodolfo Gonzalez  Marussia-Cosworth 1:46.810  7.180  10

What does that make Rodolfo Gonzalez then?

Answer : Well funded ...
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

eurobrun wrote:

Psy is Korean... It's either him or a bunch of K-Pop girls.

madmark1974 wrote:
Onxy Wrecked wrote:Marussia will be in last not because of Bianchi who might still be able to keep up with the Caterham guys, but Max Chilton who is little more than Mazzacane.

FP1 result :

Finally, we found a driver worse than Chilton. I bet Gonzalez will be as good as Chilton given enough track time as I am sure Bianchi was that much faster than Chilton in preseason testing.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

Psy is Korean... It's either him or a bunch of K-Pop girls.

madmark1974 wrote:
Onxy Wrecked wrote:... but Max Chilton who is little more than Mazzacane.

FP1 result :

Finally, we found a driver worse than Chilton.

What about Yuji Ide? Chanoch Nissany? Al Pease?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

dr-baker wrote:
Onxy Wrecked wrote:
Finally, we found a driver worse than Chilton.

What about Yuji Ide? Chanoch Nissany? Al Pease?

Yuji Ide might be but then the superlicense being pulled is proof he was erratic, slow, or both.
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

From the 'pedia, about Mr. Gonzalez :

After previously competing in karting, González raced in the 2003 Formula Renault 2.0 UK Winter Series, before racing in the main series in 2004 and 2005 while attending City College Norwich.

He is now my favourite driver :P
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

dr-baker wrote:
SgtPepper wrote:Crofty read my tweet out in FP1!

Pandawhale.com? What strange websites you find your images of Emma Watson from. Crushable was the last website, wasn't it?

When I was at Kingston University, a group of us were speculation which animal we all most resembled. I was a panda. Miss Watson is clearly not either a panda or a whale.

How do you resemble a panda? And yes Pandawhale is an extremely odd sounding website, I just google different Emma gifs/images, and am always too lost in her perfection to notice where they're from.
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

FP2 brought out a very Noah's Ark-ish result.

It seemed that Mercedes and Red Bull were a league above Ferrari and Lotus, then came McLaren and Force India, followed by perfectly lined Saubers, STRs, Williamses, Caterhams and Marussias. Frightening.