Hamilton-Sutil feud?

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

Hamilton-Sutil feud?

Post by Londoner »

Mr Sutil has had another pop at Hamilton recently, telling him that he needs to "grow up". I wonder if this is more fallout from Sutil's court case at the tail end of 2011>

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/formula-one/formula-one-adrian-sutil-tells-lewis-hamilton-to-grow-up

Discuss.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hamilton-Sutil feud?

Post by Faustus »

Soft-hands Sutil needs to understand that not everyone wants to seen to be associated with convicted criminals, regardless of past history. He also needs to learn to deflect questions that he is asked about other people and steer questions towards his career, form and prospects.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Some very cutting comments from Sutil
Really sticking sticking his neck out there...
TORA! TORA! TORA!
mario

Post by mario »

Faustus wrote:Soft-hands Sutil needs to understand that not everyone wants to seen to be associated with convicted criminals, regardless of past history. He also needs to learn to deflect questions that he is asked about other people and steer questions towards his career, form and prospects.

I can see why he might feel somewhat aggrieved if he feels that Hamilton's testimony might have been able to reverse the judgement handed out to him, although given that Hamilton's claim that he did not witness the incident, which appears to be true based on the CCTV footage (which appears to show his bodyguard hauling him out of the club when Sutil and Lux started arguing), it is hard to see what impact he'd have in that sense.

I guess that Sutil probably feels somewhat betrayed by Hamilton over this incident although, as Faustus points out, the nature of Sutil's conviction for assault and actual bodily harm would undoubtedly change Hamilton's perception of Sutil's character and would be hard to overlook. It's equally true that he might be better off looking to his future career rather than dwelling on the past, with a suggestion from Will Buxton that Sutil's seat in F1 is not secure for 2014 (he seems to only have a one year contract, and Butxon has suggested both Bianchi and Calado might be possible alternatives to Sutil in 2014).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

It's the WWE moment, Hamilton turned heel and walked out on his tag-team partner
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Apply cold water to burned area, Lewis.

Sutil was asked about his relationship with Hamilton, so I see no reason why he shouldn't lash out. He wasn't asked about his form, in any case...
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Hamilton is the driver with most feuds of the field. I don't know if he still has a feud with Massa and Alonso.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Dj_bereta wrote:Hamilton is the driver with most feuds of the field. I don't know if he still has a feud with Massa and Alonso.

Don't forget Maldonado, who himself has a feud with Perez. Perez probably has Hamilton's back.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
mario

Post by mario »

Dj_bereta wrote:Hamilton is the driver with most feuds of the field. I don't know if he still has a feud with Massa and Alonso.

In the case of Alonso and Hamilton, although they are not exactly friends, they are not enemies either - Alonso seems to have been angrier with the way that the management of McLaren handled the situation than directly with Hamilton, even if Hamilton wasn't exactly blame free either. However, with both drivers now at different teams and several years having passed, they seem to be on more amicable terms and seem to have more mutual respect for each other, perhaps in part because they feuded in the past.

As for the relationship between Hamilton and Massa, although Massa was frustrated and critical of Hamilton's driving in 2011 after they clashed on track so often, they resolved their differences in the tail end of the 2011 season with a face to face meeting. Since then, as far as I am aware, Massa hasn't clashed with Hamilton on or off the track and doesn't seem to bear any particular ill will towards him, whilst Hamilton similarly doesn't seem to bear any grudge towards Massa. If anything, in these past few years some might argue that Massa has been more focussed on his own seat rather than on other drivers, especially since once again Ferrari seem to have issued him with an ultimatum to pick up his pace in the next few races or be out for good.

Perhaps it is just how I perceive things, but the only two drivers who seem to have a persistently difficult relationship with each other would seem to be Webber and Vettel. Of course, the fact that they are in such close proximity all of the time would probably explain why that relationship is more strained than some others - with most of the more strong willed drivers in different teams, there is probably less opportunity to clash with each other during and between the races.
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Grow up !! Or I'll CUT you! ...Too. :?
-*:-
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Jocke1 wrote:Grow up !! Or I'll CUT you! ...Too. :?

... what is Charles Pic doing on the left there?

... at least, I think it's Charles Pic...
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Salamander wrote:
Jocke1 wrote:Grow up !! Or I'll CUT you! ...Too. :?

... what is Charles Pic doing on the left there?

... at least, I think it's Charles Pic...

Cos he is a driver you certainly don't want to Pic a fight with
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Eh, nothing more than a lover's tiff. A very long one though. So long that the make-up sex will be explosive, that's for sure.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

FullMetalJack wrote:

Don't forget Maldonado, who himself has a feud with Perez. Perez probably has Hamilton's back.

Ahhh, but Pérez has a feud with Räikkönen, who himself has a long-standing history with Adrian Sutil...
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

and sutil may even have a fued with Gutierez
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

roblomas52 wrote:and sutil may even have a fued with Gutierez

Sutil has a feud with anyone who has a glasscutable neck...
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

Jocke1 wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:and sutil may even have a fued with Gutierez

Sutil has a feud with anyone who has a glasscutable neck...

So... anyone who's not Corey Taylor then.
Go on, Sutil. Try it. I dare you.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Salamander wrote:... at least, I think it's Charles Pic...

I believe it is him. Certainly looks like a Caterham driver in a photo in the Caption This thread, page 128.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Did Sutil deliberately impede Lewis around parabolica as revenge for this?
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
apple2009

Post by apple2009 »

sswishbone wrote:Did Sutil deliberately impede Lewis around parabolica as revenge for this?

Yes. Sutil is an idiot anyway and shouldn't be in F1.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

sswishbone wrote:Did Sutil deliberately impede Lewis around parabolica as revenge for this?

Nah, he probably wasnt even aware he was there.
Just For One Day...
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

apple2009 wrote:

Sutil is fast and dead unlucky. He is yet to score a podium but he could have about 5 by now.

Germany 2009
Italy 2009
Brazil 2009
Australia 2013
Britain 2013

+ 4th at Monaco 2008
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
apple2009

Post by apple2009 »

good_Ralf wrote:
apple2009 wrote:

Sutil is fast and dead unlucky. He is yet to score a podium but he could have about 5 by now.

Germany 2009
Italy 2009
Brazil 2009
Australia 2013
Britain 2013

+ 4th at Monaco 2008

I'm not denying he's a good driver, I just don't think criminals deserve to drive F1 cars.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

apple2009 wrote:I'm not denying he's a good driver, I just don't think criminals deserve to drive F1 cars.

Well he's been punished and served his sentence so in the eyes of society thats the end of the matter.
Just For One Day...
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

apple2009 wrote: I just don't think criminals deserve to drive F1 cars.

KalleVRTN

Post by KalleVRTN »

good_Ralf wrote:
apple2009 wrote:

Germany 2009
Italy 2009
Brazil 2009
Australia 2013
Britain 2013

+ 4th at Monaco 2008

Germany 2009 didn't seem to be a potential podium, but Force India's first points nevertheless (5th to 7th was there for the taking)
Italy 2009 could have been more with a 1-stop strategy :-)
Brazil 2009 might have been the biggest "what could have been" story yet - the car was fast and had Trulli not shot him off the track, then this would have been 3rd at least.
For Australia 2013, I don't see the potential of a podium pace-wise.
But we can add Bahrain to the list: Massa punted Sutil off, he got a puncture and lost about 1min20sec in the process. Then there followed a string of fastest laps and Adrian finished 1min16sec behind the leader. di Resta (4th) showed what was possible.
Britain 2013 - I sweared loudly at the TV as soon as Vettel retired: not because Vettel was out (I definitely enjoyed that :-)) but where he parked called up the inevitable safety car, which ruined Force India's strategy. 2nd was possible considering Vettel's retirement, or also 3rd if Alonso caught him.

So there were still two very big podium chances, and some more points also went down the crapper due to bad luck (China, Spain...)

(I'm a huge Sutil fan. But even I think he will get a 3-place penalty for tomorrow's race)
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

I still don't get it about Germany 2009. It seemed Sutil's fault to me..Kimi had no space to go..
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
TheBigJ

Post by TheBigJ »

Sutil strikes me as a massive dick though. Just his manner of speaking and his posture seems totally arrogant. Then he glassed the Lotus dude.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

TheBigJ wrote:Sutil strikes me as a massive dick though. Just his manner of speaking and his posture seems totally arrogant. Then he glassed the Lotus dude.

Looks like Force India's lineup has gone from dull as dishwater to arrogant as hell
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
TheBigJ wrote:Sutil strikes me as a massive dick though. Just his manner of speaking and his posture seems totally arrogant. Then he glassed the Lotus dude.

Looks like Force India's lineup has gone from dull as dishwater to arrogant as hell

Maybe, but I agree with Sutil on Hammy. Sutil asked Hammy to testify at his trial, and he refused (they have not spoken since, despite Hammy saying they're "fine"). After Hamilton had talked about how good friends they were Karting together and stuff. Seriously, who turns their back on a bro? If one of my "friends" bailed on me like that, especially if it cost me more than a year's salary like Sutil, I'd be pissed too. Sutil is a dick, but he's right about this.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Wallio wrote:After Hamilton had talked about how good friends they were Karting together and stuff. Seriously, who turns their back on a bro? If one of my "friends" bailed on me like that, especially if it cost me more than a year's salary like Sutil, I'd be pissed too. Sutil is a dick, but he's right about this.

We've had this before on the forum and you're missing a couple of points. Sutil was guilty. Nothing Hamilton could've said or done would've changed that fact. A dozen witnesses saw the incident so the idea of Hamilton being some sort of star witness who could've proved Sutils innocence is insane. Sutils problem seems to be that Hamilton didnt come out and support him either publicly or privately but why support someone who's attacked somebody like that?
Just For One Day...
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

CoopsII wrote:
Wallio wrote:After Hamilton had talked about how good friends they were Karting together and stuff. Seriously, who turns their back on a bro? If one of my "friends" bailed on me like that, especially if it cost me more than a year's salary like Sutil, I'd be pissed too. Sutil is a dick, but he's right about this.

We've had this before on the forum and you're missing a couple of points. Sutil was guilty. Nothing Hamilton could've said or done would've changed that fact. A dozen witnesses saw the incident so the idea of Hamilton being some sort of star witness who could've proved Sutils innocence is insane. Sutils problem seems to be that Hamilton didnt come out and support him either publicly or privately but why support someone who's attacked somebody like that?

Oh I know he was guilty. Still we Americans have a saying "Bros before Hos". If I had been friends with O.J. I'd have testified. Its just basic loyalty and respect. And Lewis knew full well he wouldn't be a "star witness". Sutil just wanted him to testify to his character, something any real friend would do, no questions asked.

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Ever since this whole post-trial-friendship-ending between Sutil & Hamilton, this has been Adrian's favourite band:
apple2009

Post by apple2009 »

Wallio wrote:
CoopsII wrote:

Oh I know he was guilty. Still we Americans have a saying "Bros before Hos". If I had been friends with O.J. I'd have testified. Its just basic loyalty and respect. And Lewis knew full well he wouldn't be a "star witness". Sutil just wanted him to testify to his character, something any real friend would do, no questions asked.

This is hilarious. :lol:

I can't figure out if you're actually a gangster or just playing a character. :P
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

apple2009 wrote:This is hilarious. :lol:

I can't figure out if you're actually a gangster or just playing a character. :P

Seriously, there's nothing gangster about it. Think about it, if your best friend was on trial for something, anything, and ask you to testify (not perjure mind you, just testify) you seriously wouldn't? Come on, we all would.

apple2009

Post by apple2009 »

If my friend almost assaulted and almost killed someone that person would no longer be my friend.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

apple2009 wrote:If my friend almost assaulted and almost killed someone that person would no longer be my friend.

Lewis is that you?

Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

apple2009 wrote:I can't figure out if you're actually a gangster or just playing a character. :P

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpv5q_ ... &start=242
mario

Post by mario »

Wallio wrote:
CoopsII wrote:

The reports of the events seem to suggest that Sutil did not ask Hamilton to be a character witness - the reports indicate that he was asked to provide a purely factual account of events that night, which he then provided via his written testimony to the courts. In fact, there are questions over whether, as a private civil action by Lux against Sutil, Hamilton would have been allowed to provide character evidence for Sutil at all - in some jurisdictions character evidence is not always accepted in every instance under civil law (although I am not certain over whether the German legal system would or wouldn't have permitted Hamilton to do that).
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

mario wrote:The reports of the events seem to suggest that Sutil did not ask Hamilton to be a character witness - the reports indicate that he was asked to provide a purely factual account of events that night, which he then provided via his written testimony to the courts. In fact, there are questions over whether, as a private civil action by Lux against Sutil, Hamilton would have been allowed to provide character evidence for Sutil at all - in some jurisdictions character evidence is not always accepted in every instance under civil law (although I am not certain over whether the German legal system would or wouldn't have permitted Hamilton to do that).

Ah well, that's different then. Here in America all trials have 1-2 real eyewitnesses and 2-3 DOZEN character witnesses (on both sides!).