The New Boys on the Block-YOU Make the Decision.

Archive for the three above subforums
Salamander

Re: The New Boys on the Block-YOU Make the Decision.

Post by Salamander »

Meanwhile, Laffite the championship frontrunner? I am okay with this.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Julien

Post by Julien »

Awww.... Too bad. But at least it seems that bout our pace and reliability could be there to get some nice results. My only concern is that we have to invest again to repair the car.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

F1 Headlines-Month of March,1983

Laffite off to cracker of a start
After two races,Jacques Laffite has not only got the most points possible from his last two races,he also has the largest points lead possible,leading by twelve points over Marc Surer,Elio de Angelis and Patrick Tambay.When asked how he achieved the result,Laffite replied:"I drove as fast I possibly can and stayed away from trouble. What more do you want me to say?".This is not the first time Laffite has won the first two races of the season,achieving the same feat in 1979.

Brands to get place on calendar
Despite the alternating schedule of the British Grand Prix,Brands Hatch will indeed make an appearance on the calendar,bar the non-championship Race of Champions due to be held next week.According to the press,Jean-Marie Balestre has called the race at Brands Hatch the European Grand Prix,due to be held the week after the British Grand Prix,expanding the calendar to sixteen cars. Insider sources claim that the Grand Prix was a "backup plan" should the New York Grand Prix fail,but with the race at Flushing Meadow given the permanent green light,Balestre decided to introduce this round into the calendar.

Alan Jones to race again?
According to some sources,1980 World Champion Alan Jones is set to make a return to Formula One. He has signed on two separate contracts:One to make an appearance for Arrows in the non-championship Race of Champions,and another with Tyrell to replace Danny Sullivan for the French Grand Prix only.It is not known whether Jones can keep up the pace like he did three years ago.
-----------------------------
March 30,1983.

Thomas Travers looked at his stats for the season so far. Two races,two DNFs. Still,better than two DNQs. And to add on the plus side,he has signed up a couple sponsors,thus earning him slightly more money,leaving the team with 3.2 million pounds in the bank,not to mention the spare parts were finally ready to be installed on the car,bringing back the cars pace. However,Mr. Travers' decision making wasn't done yet.

He now had an issue to face:Should he enter in the Race of Champions,hoping to get a good result over the potentially small field and get setup information on Brands Hatch for the forthcoming European Grand Prix,or should he go to Paul Ricard to test in preparation for the French Grand Prix with other teams,and increase his pace there?

ISSUE:Where should Empire Racing go?

a)Race Of Champions,Brands Hatch (+0.1 Handling and Power in European Grand Prix only)
b)Paul Ricard Test (+0.1 Handling and Power in French Grand Prix only)
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Brands Hatch. Get a good result on home soil
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

roblomas52 wrote:Brands Hatch. Get a good result on home soil

A good result is a good result - it could happen on the Moon for all I care. Just so long as we get one.

That said, given that Brundle has more experience at Brands, that would be the safer bet. Plus, a good race result in the RoC could certainly help bolster the team's confidence a lot more than testing at Paul Ricard.
Everything's great.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Ooh this is tough. I'll need to see which teams are going to the Race of Champions before making a decision.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

I'm going to nominate that Empire forego the ROC and test at Paul Ricard.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

I reckon we should do the ROC.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

The ROC.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

The Race of Champions - let's try and at least finish something to get the confidence up!
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

The ROC
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Paul Ricard - guaranteed to get a decent number of laps, and potential actionable results, unlike from the ROC which could be over by the first corner.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Paul Richard please, need more testing then results in ROC
Officially Retired
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Matt121 wrote:Paul Richard please, need more testing then results in ROC

We need experience in race conditions more.
Everything's great.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

VOTES TALLY:

ISSUE:Where Should Empire Racing Go?--6 votes ROC,3 votes Paul Ricard

Empire Racing will travel to the Race Of Champions
--------------------------------------------------------------------
ROC Guide--Teams & Drivers

It's time for the Race of Champions at Brands Hatch,and rumors are being spread that this will be the final non-championship Formula One Race ever to focus on the main championship. Anyhow,these teams and drivers have appeared for this historic event in motor racing

Williams-Ford:Keke Rosberg--Williams show up to compete in the Race of Champions with Keke Rosberg,tipped to be the favourite to win over the small field.

Brabham-BMW:Hector Rebaque--Brabham make an appearance,but without their two main drivers Nelson Piquet and Riccardo Patrese,who are currently testing at Paul Ricard for the upcoming French Grand Prix.Instead, they turn to their 1981 driver Rebaque to compete in the race.

Ferrari:Patrick Tambay--Ferrari send one car to the race,that being team leader Patrick Tambay.

Lotus-Renault:Nigel Mansell--Lotus appear in the paddock with Nigel Mansell.Lotus-Renault have released that this race would help Mansell familiarise with the turbocharged Renault Engine.

Arrows-Ford:Derek Warwick and Alan Jones--Arrows will be one of only two teams to send two drivers to the Race of Champions,with Derek Warwick in the first car. Alan Jones will make his Formula One return in this car for this event,before making a one-race stint at Tyrell at the French Grand Prix.

Tyrell-Ford:Danny Sullivan--Tyrell originally planned to enter Michele Alboreto,but a conflincting schedule with Lancia at the World Endurance Championship forced Tyrell to choose Danny Sullivan.

Alfa Romeo:Rene Arnoux--Rene Arnoux personally chose to enter the event without Alfas consent at first,but soon the team gave in to his demand.

Ligier-Ford:Jean-Pierre Jarier and Mauro Baldi--Ligier will be the second tem to enter two cars,with Jean-Pierre Jarier and Mauro Baldi heading their charge.

Toleman-Hart:Thierry Boutsen--The Belgian rookie will be representing Toleman at this event with a similar reason as Nigel Mansell.

Theodore-Ford:Brian Henton-- Henton will appear in front of his home crowd in the Theodore.

Empire-Hart:Martin Brundle--The new boys on the block,Empire,will show up with their driver Martin Brundle.

Spirit-Honda:Stefan Johansson--Now this is new.Spirit make their first ever appearance in F1 at the Race of Champions with Stefan Johansson. Rumour has it they will only compete for one more race later in the season,probably the finale at South Africa,before entering full-time in 1984.
-------------------------------------------
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Looks interesting... Let's hope for a great result!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

April 7,1983

Mr Thomas Travers arrived at Brands Hatch and started to unload the car. He still figured that he needed to get an actual truck instead of renting one and to have more mechanics to unload the car as his back has been giving way race by race ever since the season started.Probably a sign of old age,Mr Travers thought. Still,he would be saving his money for next season's assault,by which he hopes his reputation has gone up. And that time for that reputation boost is now,the Race of Champions...
-------------------------------------
Race of Champions 1983--Qualifying

Code: Select all

Race Of Champions--Qualifying
 1 Patrick Tambay (Ferrari)          1:12.400
 2 Nigel Mansell (Lotus-Renault)     1:13.127
 3 Hector Rebaque (Brabham-BMW)      1:13.154
 4 Derek Warwick (Arrows-Ford)       1:13.967
 5 Keke Rosberg (Williams-Ford)      1:14.080
 6 Danny Sullivan (Tyrell-Ford)      1:15.073
 7 Thierry Boutsen (Toleman-Hart)    1:16.377

8 Martin Brundle (Empire-Hart)      1:17.038
 9 Rene Arnoux (Alfa Romeo)          1:17.613
10 Jean-Pierre Jarier (Ligier-Ford)  1:17.713
11 Brian Henton (Theodore-Ford)      1:18.463
12 Alan Jones (Arrows-Ford)          1:18.631
13 Stefan Johansson (Spirit-Honda)   1:19.184
14 Mauro Baldi (Ligier-Ford)         1:20.843

This year's Race of Champions consisted of a small field,but one that would have its great performances,shocking upsets and under-performing if qualifying is anything to go by. In the great performances category,Patrick Tambay pulled a rabbit out of a hat in the final moments of qualifying to place ahead of Nigel Mansell on the grid.Derek Warwick also did superbly to go into fourth ahead of Keke Rosberg in the Williams. In the shocking upsets area, Hector Rebaque put in a fantastic drive,almost pipping Mansell for second on the grid.Danny Sullivan had a good run going for him,and Martin Brundle surprised everyone to the delight of the home crowd,placing himself eighth ahead of the Alfa Romeo of Rene Arnoux,who fell into the under-performing category. Also in that category is Alan Jones,who should probably think that returning to F1 is not that good of an idea after all,being outqualified by a Theodore.

...and what is Mauro Baldi doing?

AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Hooray! Top 10, and almost top half of the field!
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Hoping we can get p6 in the race
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Awesome! We're eighth! What?!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

1983 Race of Champions

Results

Race Of Champions--Race (40 Laps)
 1 Patrick Tambay (Ferrari)              56:55.707
 2 Rene Arnoux (Alfa Romeo)              57:01.132
 3 Nigel Mansell (Lotus-Renault)         57:11.906
 4 Derek Warwick (Arrows-Ford)           57:22.910
 5 Danny Sullivan (Tyrell-Ford)          57:48.460
 6 Martin Brundle (Empire-Hart)          57:56.398
 7 Alan Jones (Arrows-Ford)              58:01.842
 8 Brian Henton (Theodore-Ford)          58:04.041
 9 Mauro Baldi (Ligier-Ford)             58:10.664
10 Jean-Pierre Jarier (Ligier-Ford)      58:11.117
11 Stefan Johansson (Spirit-Honda)          -1 lap

- Hector Rebaque (Brabham-BMW)         DNF lap 13
   Thierry Boutsen (Toleman-Hart)       DNF lap 11
   Keke Rosberg (Williams-Ford)          DNF lap 4

Summary

To be honest,this race was not the most exciting towards the end,but it had its fair share of moments. First of which was Hector Rebaque colliding with Keke Rosberg on lap 4 in the battle for third,which eliminated Rosberg early on and also left Rebaque somewhere down the order before retiring later with suspension issues.In between Rosberg's and Rebaque's retirement,the Hart engine failed early in Thierry Boutsen's Toleman,dropping him out of the race. Barring the retirements,the first half of the race was excitemania galore between the top three,as Tambay,Mansell and Arnoux,who blasted up the field like a rocketship, were locked in deep battle. It wasn't as deep as the battle in Long Beach,but it was still a pretty rough one nonetheless. Then,on lap 23,Mansell decided to take Arnoux and Tambay two-in-one at Druids. He managed to get past both cars and lead the race until...the tyre wall at the end of Druids. Yep,Mansell outbraked himself,but thankfully managed to find a way to wiggle free from the situation and got going again in third,though far behind the leaders Tambay and Arnoux. A couple laps later,however,and Arnoux felt his tyres fading. He slowed down the pace and let Tambay free into the middle distance.

So the end result was academic. Patrick Tambay in the Ferrari wins the Race of Champions with Rene Arnoux not too far back in second. Nigel Mansell drove on into third place,and now time for the slight shockers. Derek Warwick finished fourth in his Arrows and Danny Sullivan an impressive fifth,both improving on their finishing positions at Long Beach. And in sixth...hold on a minute...that's MARTIN BRUNDLE! The Empire finishes SIXTH! An absolutely superb result for the minnows,and though this race is non-championship,this is a serious boost in confidence for the British team. In seventh and struggling in his Formula One return is Alan Jones. Eigth place goes to Brian Henton in the Theodore,and the Ligier's create a photo op at the finish line to try and put a bright side for a disappointing weekend for the French team. And trundling at the back of the pack,one lap down,is the new Spirit of Stefan Johansson. Let's hope they find some more Spirit by the time they enter Formula One full-time.

-------------------------------
April 11th,1983.

Thomas Travers popped open a cork. It was not champagne,just red wine,but Mr. Traver's couldn't care less. He was saving his champagne for a race win. But being a collector of wines,Mr. Travers could not think of a better way to celebrate a great weekend than to open his favourite red,a 1977 Chateau Margaux. Of course,he could not celebrate alone,so he got a few key mechanics and Martin Brundle for a celebratory dinner. Of course,he told Brundle to lay off drinking too much otherwise he would be off form for France,but no matter. Empire had just scored their first theoretical point,and there was much to be happy about. Apart from the fact that there was a small sewage leak in their factory that was stinking up the place. No matter though. They had their spirits high for whatever was to come next...

kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

We finished 6th? Well, I'll be damned...
Julien

Post by Julien »

Our first points finish! OK, I know it's a NC race, but still :)
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Ha I was right with my prediction
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

roblomas52 wrote:Ha I was right with my prediction

roblomas52 wrote:Hoping we can get p6 in the race

It was a goal, not a prediction. But yay!
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Awesome! Can't wait for the British GP after that performance.

CoopsII wrote:

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

YES!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I know, NC, but who cares?
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Give that man a raise! :D
Trulli bad puns...
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

1983 French Grand Prix

1983 French Grand Prix--Qualifying
 1 John Watson (McLaren-Ford)        1:36.888
 2 Jacques Laffite (Renault)         1:36.895
 3 Nigel Mansell (Lotus-Renault)     1:37.095
 4 Patrick Tambay (Ferrari)          1:37.126
 5 Derek Daly (Lotus-Renault)        1:37.466
 6 Elio de Angelis (Ferrari)         1:37.629
 7 Alain Prost (Renault)             1:37.678
 8 Rene Arnoux (Alfa Romeo)          1:37.679
 9 Keke Rosberg (Williams-Ford)      1:37.876
10 Riccardo Patrese (Brabham-BMW)    1:38.147
11 Michele Alboreto (Tyrell-Ford)    1:38.251
12 Marc Surer (Arrows-Ford)          1:38.412

13 Eddie Cheever (Williams-Ford)     1:38.498
14 Thierry Boutsen (Toleman-Hart)    1:38.505
15 Andrea de Cesaris (Alfa Romeo)    1:38.585
16 Nelson Piquet (Brabham-BMW)       1:38.762
17 Mauro Baldi (Ligier-Ford)         1:39.693
18 Manfred Winklehock (ATS-BMW)      1:40.395
19 Niki Lauda (McLaren-Ford)         1:40.609
20 Brian Henton (Theodore-Ford)      1:40.742
21 Derek Warwick (Arrows-Ford)       1:40.934
22 Alan Jones (Tyrell-Ford)          1:41.218
23 Jean-Pierre Jarier (Ligier-Ford)  1:41.282
24 Johnny Cecotto (Theodore-Ford)    1:42.040
25 Corrado Fabi (Osella-Ford)        1:42.618

26 Chico Serra (RAM-Ford)            1:42.856
-----------------------DNQ------------------------
27 Martin Brundle (Empire-Hart)      1:43.623
28 Piercarlo Ghinzani (Osella-Ford)  1:43.946
29 Teo Fabi (Toleman-Hart)           1:44.524

Renault thought they had it easy,with Alain Prost easily gaining poles in the first two race and Laffite winning them both. Only now,though,has the difficulty level for Renault raised. John Watson came through from out of the yellow and white of the Renaults to take pole by a few thousandths of a second in the red and white McLaren. Yet even more remarkable was that the Renault he beat wasn't Alain Prost. Instead,it was championship leader Jacques Laffite who decided to lead Renault's qualifying charge. After Laffite were Lotus and Ferrari splitting up 3rd to 6th evenly amongst themselves,and then did Alain Prost qualify way back in seventh. He could have easily been eighth had Rene Arnoux not lost two thousandths of a second sliding through Signes. Williams did not exactly enjoy the Mistral straight,Keke Rosberg hiding in ninth while Eddie Cheever lagged behind in 13th. Also of not is that Brabham have no pace at all this season,with Riccardo Patrese tenth and Nelson Piquet a ghastly,grotestque 16th. Zooming down the grid, we see Alan Jones making his official World Championship return,having made a cameo at the Race of Champions last week.Still,he is 11 positions down on Michele Alboreto,his teammate for this weekend. Those who failed to qualify are Martin Brundle,who has fallen having finished an impressive 6th in the Race of Champions,Piercarlo Ghinzani,who stays where he is,and Teo Fabi,who has had a downright mess of his session despite no reported problems whatsoever. Maybe it's that Hart engine,seeing how the Empire is stuck with the Toleman in the DNQ zone.
-------------------------------------------------------
April 16,1983.

Mr. Thomas Travers looked stunned. He did not know what could have possibly gone wrong. Is the engine disasterous? Did Brundle have a bit too much wine five days ago? Is the car downright crap? Was the car still in Brands Hatch setup when it should have been set for Paul Ricard? He just didn't know. Just a lack of pace today,maybe a ridiculous pace increase in the RAM,who was one of a few cars to test here along with Osella. How long will he continue failing to qualify? Just this one race? Or a slump for the few races? Mr. Travers was lost. And he didn't like being lost. Nothing went right,yet nothing went wrong. He had this urge to fix the car for race day,yet he was packing the car in at the end of the day. He would still stick around to watch the race,only this time from a vacant garage or the grandstands. He needed to fix this. Yet he didn't know what to fix.

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Are you f***ing kidding me?! What the hell happened?
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Noooo! Not the result we always expected before we somehow qualified for two races!
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
pycku

Post by pycku »

maybe the NC race was a mistake, Empire should have prepared for Paul Ricard better...
To finish first, first you have to finish!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

pycku wrote:maybe the NC race was a mistake, Empire should have prepared for Paul Ricard better...

Well, maybe if there is a DNQ for the team at Brands too, then you may be right. But if Empire qualify there, then maybe it won't have been a mistake...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Honestly, I think you're all overreacting. The fact is we were on the cusp of making it into qualifying the first two races, anyway, and we haven't had any major upgrades so it's really no surprise that we've failed to qualify.
Everything's great.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Honestly, I think you're all overreacting. The fact is we were on the cusp of making it into qualifying the first two races, anyway, and we haven't had any major upgrades so it's really no surprise that we've failed to qualify.

Yes, I expected us to struggle at Paul Ricard, since the circuit has a lot of straights, and our car lacks power.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Just a fluke result, nothing more. But the engine still should be improved.
Trulli bad puns...
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Well, this doesn't bode well for Monza. :?
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

1983 French Grand Prix

1983 French Grand Prix (54 Laps)
 1 Patrick Tambay (Ferrari)            1:39:00.634
 2 Michele Alboreto (Tyrell-Ford)      1:39:17.170
 3 Eddie Cheever (Williams-Ford)       1:39:23.812
 4 Jacques Laffite (Renault)           1:39:45.847
 5 Alain Prost (Renault)               1:39:53.384
 6 Keke Rosberg (Williams-Ford)        1:39:55.054
 7 Nigel Mansell (Lotus-Renault)       1:40:11.659
 8 John Watson (McLaren-Ford)          1:40:13.211
 9 Riccardo Patrese (Brabham-BMW)      1:40:30.977
10 Niki Lauda (McLaren-Ford)           1:40:31.742
11 Alan Jones (Tyrell-Ford)            1:40:32.574
12 Elio de Angelis (Ferrari)           1:40:40.935

13 Jean-Pierre Jarier (Ligier-Ford)         -1 lap
14 Manfred Winklehock (ATS-BMW)             -1 lap
15 Derek Warwick (Arrows-Ford)              -1 lap
16 Brian Henton (Theodore-Ford)             -1 lap
17 Johnny Cecotto (Theodore-Ford)           -1 lap
18 Corrado Fabi (Osella-Ford)               -1 lap

- Mauro Baldi (Ligier-Ford)            DNF lap 51
   Andrea de Cesaris (Alfa Romeo)       DNF lap 50
   Nelson Piquet (Brabham-BMW)          DNF lap 49
   Marc Surer (Arrows-Ford)             DNF lap 41
   Thierry Boutsen (Toleman-Hart)       DNF lap 29
   Derek Daly (Lotus-Renault)           DNF lap 25
   Chico Serra (RAM-Ford)               DNF lap 14
   Rene Arnoux (Alfa Romeo)             DNF lap 10
Summary

This is one race that is not worth marking down in the history books for any reason other than Patrick Tambay's second race win in front of his home crowd. There was a certain roar in the crowds each time the Ferrari passed by in the lead having taken it before even taking the first turn,the Ferrari leaving the top three qualifiers baffled in his wake.Soon,the same three became even more baffled when,out of all people,Derek Daly and Elio de Angelis stormed into battle,beginning yet another heavy battle. Soon,the two Brits in the battle fell behind sharply,Nigel Mansell to constant electrical issues in his Lotus and John Watson for the lack of pace in his naturally-aspirated Ford engine. Yet,other Cossies were thriving in the bits where the going became squiggly,Michele Alboreto and Eddie Cheever especially. In fact,they,along with Cheever's teammate Rosberg,began forming a slipstreaming train to help themselves climb past turbocharged cars,though Rosberg slipped behind when trying to pass Rene Arnoux,who momentarily blocked the Finn when pulling of the track with throttle issues. Another guy having throttle issues was Chico Serra in the RAM,who made the slightly unwise decision of parking the car in the middle of the damn Mistral straight. It was only when leader Patrick Tambay crapped his pants to avoid ramming into the RAM and gave a one-finger-salute to the Brazilian did Serra decide to pull over to the side of the track.

Meanwhile,the battle for second was going rather...boringly. de Angelis seemingly had more power than his Renault-engined chasers,and kept pulling away down the Mistral straight and the main straight,while Daly and Laffite had to fight to close up in the turns,causing the fans to become slightly bored. On lap 25,de Angelis made a slight mistake at L'Ecole,offering every invitation for Daly and Laffite to give chase down Mistral,which they did without hesitation.Daly pulled out of line to run alongside de Angelis to try and make a move.As they galloped past Signes,de Angelis' Ferrari drifted a little bir on the outside,tapping Daly on his left-rear wheel. This was enough to send Daly across the track,into the catch fencing and blasting straight on into the wall as de Angelis spun into catch fencing and Laffite spun off all on his own in reaction to the incident. de Angelis and Laffite drove away,though de Angelis needed to repair damage,while Daly was sent to hospital. Reports are saying that Daly was conscious after the accident,though he might have an injury that will see him out of the car for a few races.

From then on,the race was rather dull at the front. The Cheever-Alboreto slipstreamer moved into 2nd and 3rd after the incident,though Alboreto was simply too hard for Cheever to keep up with. Thierry Boutsen also retired at Signes,though with a lot less drama than Daly as he simply pulled aside with engine failure. Marc Surer's day was running quite average in 8th before a puncture saw him spin with just a turn to go before the pit lane. The came three retirements in three laps,all of them engine failures.And all of them while running in 13th.First was Nelson Piquet,who said he had constant engine misfires during qualifying and the race,saw his engine give up one,final,misfire before dying completely. Next was Andrea de Cesaris,who was just going slow,and Mauro Baldi,who at least had the distinction of beating his teammate and staying on the lead lap before he retired.

Eventually,though,Patrick Tambay crossed the line in the lead in a lights-to-flag victory for the Frenchman. Michele Alboreto finished in an impressive second for Tyrell while Eddie Cheever came third,scoring the first podium of the year for Williams. Fourth and fifth were the Renaults of Laffite and Prost as Rosberg came home in a close sixth place.
-------------------------------------------

Driver's Standing's (Round 3/16)

1.Jacques Laffite--21
2.Patrick Tambay--15
3.Eddie Cheever--7
4.Marc Surer--6 (1 2nd,1 10th)
5=. Elio de Angelis--6 (1 2nd,2 DNFs)
5=. Michele Alboreto--6 (1 2nd,2 DNFs)
7. Niki Lauda--4 (1 3rd)
8. Keke Rosberg--4 (1 4th)
9. Derek Warwick--2 (1 5th,1 7th)
10. Alain Prost--2 (1 5th,2 DNFs)
11.Riccardo Patrese--1 (1 6th,1 7th)
12. Danny Sullivan--1 (1 6th,1 DNF)

Constructor's Championship (Round 3/16)

1.Renault--23
2.Ferrari--21
3.Williams-Ford--11
4.Arrows-Ford--8
5.Tyrell-Ford--7
6.McLaren-Ford--4
7.Brabham-BMW--1

--------------------------------------------
Last edited by WaffleCat on 16 Jun 2013, 10:14, edited 1 time in total.

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Laffite and Tambay in the lead of the championship? I'm okay with this.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

F1 Headlines--April 22nd,1983

Derek Daly injured,replacement named

After Derek Daly's horrific accident in the French Grand Prix,doctors have come out with a press release stating that Daly suffered a broken metatarsal in the crash. Even though the injury is not that large,doctors have advised Daly not to race for during the month of May and for the beginning of June. Thus,Lotus need a backup driver,and they come up almost immediately with Geoff Lees,having driven for the team in 1982, replacing Nigel Mansell for a race. With Daly's injury,Lees will take over his car for the San Marino,Monaco,Belgian and Detriot Grand Prixs,by which Daly would have fully recovered.

Chico Serra suspended
After his rather hollow-headed move of stopping his RAM in the middle of the damn Mistral Straight,Chico Serra has been suspended from competing in Formula One races until July,which means he will miss every race until the European Grand Prix at Brands Hatch on July 9,leaving RAM without a driver. Nevermind,they have gone out and picked Kenny Acheson,with RAM making a bold statement saying that they will consider replacing Serra for the rest of the season.Wow.
-----------------------------------------------
April 22,1983

Thomas Travers did not like the feel of failing to qualify.Hell,everyone hates that feeling. So he has gone and told his team of designers,all two of them,to try and redesign the front section of the car,from the front wing to the suspension. Amazingly,the two guys have come up with three concept drawings,each with its own pros and cons. The first one involves stronger suspension and a less-likely to break front wing,but the added weight would mean less speed down the straights. Their second redesign has a front wing design that almost eliminates drag,but may result in the Empire EMP-01 handling like a towel on ice. The third improves handling by quite a bit,but also makes the car as fragile as glassware from the 1750s. What should Mr. Travers choose? Or will he just leave the damn wing alone? Whatever it is,the design would take a while to transform into reality

ISSUE:What wing design would Mr Travers pick?--NOTE:Design only in effect after San Marino Grand Prix

a)Design 1--(+0.1 Reliability,-0.1 Power)
b)Design 2--(+0.1 Power,-0.1 Handling)
c)Design 3--(+0.1 Handling,-0.1 Reliability)
d)Leave the Damn Wing alone--(No Upgrades,No Downgrades)

You have some time to vote.