The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hello everyone! New members' check in desk

Post by pasta_maldonado »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
johnnyCarwash wrote:Hi guys!

I'm Alex from the Uk and have been following f1 since I was little in the early 90s. I came across F1rejects.com a few years ago and its content is very informative and entertaining! Then late last year I stumbled across the forum and lurked for a while until this season to join mainly for the race predictions game and other race related ratings, such as the coveted reject of the race award :D. I hope to add to this great F1 related forum!
Finally in honour of F1rejects I am using one of the funniest nicknames given to a driver... JohnnyCarwash

Welcome to the forum! Nice username as well! :lol:

Welcome! :)
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Hello i'm also called Alex and i too am from the UK. I'm 16 years old but i have been following F1 since i was 4 and i have collected a litany of F1 Books Video Games and clothes.

I wasn't one of those who turned off the TV during the Schumacher era nor did i turn off during Vettel's all conquering 2011 season. I support Kimi Raikkonen and Mark Webber and i will be gutted when they hang up their helmets.

I must say i've been following this site since you awarded Rosberg ROTR at Britain last year so i know about what you do and how this site works. And yes i know who HWNSNBM is
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Kimi-ICE wrote:Hello i'm also called Alex and i too am from the UK. I'm 16 years old but i have been following F1 since i was 4 and i have collected a litany of F1 Books Video Games and clothes.

I wasn't one of those who turned off the TV during the Schumacher era nor did i turn off during Vettel's all conquering 2011 season. I support Kimi Raikkonen and Mark Webber and i will be gutted when they hang up their helmets.

I must say i've been following this site since you awarded Rosberg ROTR at Britain last year so i know about what you do and how this site works. And yes i know who HWNSNBM is

Welcome to the forums. :)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Thank you East Londoner love your Bunsen Jetton name for JB makes me split my sides
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Kimi-ICE wrote:Hello i'm also called Alex and i too am from the UK. I'm 16 years old but i have been following F1 since i was 4 and i have collected a litany of F1 Books Video Games and clothes.

Everyone knows HWNSNBM. Even those who say that don't know him.

And welcome to this forum, of course! ;)
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
The Dutch Bear

Post by The Dutch Bear »

Hi guys, I'm Jeroen and I'm 19 years old. A Dutchman as my user name would suggest. I have been following Formula One since the age of 5.
I discovered the site a few years ago finding it both informative and entertaining. Same thing that could be said about this forum which I discovered two or three months ago.
Having been wandering about this place for some time, I have decided that it would be time for a more active role.

Regards
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

The Dutch Bear wrote:Hi guys, I'm Jeroen and I'm 19 years old. A Dutchman as my user name would suggest. I have been following Formula One since the age of 5.
I discovered the site a few years ago finding it both informative and entertaining. Same thing that could be said about this forum which I discovered two or three months ago.
Having been wandering about this place for some time, I have decided that it would be time for a more active role.

Regards

Welcome to the forum! :)
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

The Dutch Bear wrote:Hi guys, I'm Jeroen and I'm 19 years old. A Dutchman as my user name would suggest. I have been following Formula One since the age of 5.

Regards

Welkom op dit forum!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Regards

Blimey, there's now two Jeroens on the forum.

By the way, welcome to the forums. :)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

East Londoner wrote:Blimey, there's now two Jeroens on the forum.

Nominally. I still say the first one discovered girls and preferred them to the internet.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Hey all,

Just decided to sign up to see what antics go on here.

Oh and I also love F1.

How do the Perry McCarthy sub-forum games work? I can't get my head around how the results are generated...

And are there any games at the moment accepting players? Anything that makes me feel like I'm involved in world motorsport in some way makes me happy, even if it's all fake ;)
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AustralianStig wrote:Hey all,

Oh and I also love F1.

How do the Perry McCarthy sub-forum games work? I can't get my head around how the results are generated...

And are there any games at the moment accepting players? Anything that makes me feel like I'm involved in world motorsport in some way makes me happy, even if it's all fake ;)

Welcome to the forum mate.

Most of the results on the PMMF are run off-line using various racing games such as GP4, GP2 or rFactor. There are quite a few spots for drivers available in the various categories there but if you want to run a team, Greg Murphy Racing is still available in the V8 Supercar championship, while the part-time entry process is about to open up as well :)
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Wizzie wrote:

Oh and I also love F1.

Welcome to the forum mate.

Most of the results on the PMMF are run off-line using various racing games such as GP4, GP2 or rFactor. There are quite a few spots for drivers available in the various categories there but if you want to run a team, Greg Murphy Racing is still available in the V8 Supercar championship, while the part-time entry process is about to open up as well :)

Welcome! There's also the 2002 Alternative CART season with a few openings left, if you fancy a shot at open-wheel racing. :)
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Welcome to the forum, seems like I'm not the only person from Adelaide here anymore
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Oh and I also love F1.

Due to the nature of my series (http://f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5322), entry lists are unlimited since I calculate results myself with no hame-induced limits. Entries for the US Grand Prix are closed, but you can still enter a car for the Australian Grand Prix :)
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Fred Mayo

Post by Fred Mayo »

I have been on this site and these forums for years, but haven't introduced myself yet. How rude! Then again, I don't really post anything, so maybe no one cares! :D Anyway...

I'm a 30-something fellow from Sweden. I've been following F1 since 1992, in no small part thanks to the computer game Formula One Grand Prix.

My favorite all-time driver is Pierluigi Martini, aka Mr Minardi. I remember thinking his name was cool in F1GP, and then I was impressed when he qualified 7th for Minardi in Hungary in 1993. And he had awesome hair! Only later did I realise what wonders he had worked in Minardis in previous years, and it just made me like him even more. In fact, I even had a Pierluigi Martini website going, from 1997 to 2000-something.

Also, I like racing computer games, and I can't really tell how many imaginary F1 careers I've had in F1GP, Grand Prix 2 and Grand Prix 3.

Well, back to lurking! See ya!
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Fred Mayo wrote:I have been on this site and these forums for years, but haven't introduced myself yet. How rude! Then again, I don't really post anything, so maybe no one cares! :D Anyway...

I'm a 30-something fellow from Sweden. I've been following F1 since 1992, in no small part thanks to the computer game Formula One Grand Prix.

My favorite all-time driver is Pierluigi Martini, aka Mr Minardi. I remember thinking his name was cool in F1GP, and then I was impressed when he qualified 7th for Minardi in Hungary in 1993. And he had awesome hair! Only later did I realise what wonders he had worked in Minardis in previous years, and it just made me like him even more. In fact, I even had a Pierluigi Martini website going, from 1997 to 2000-something.

Also, I like racing computer games, and I can't really tell how many imaginary F1 careers I've had in F1GP, Grand Prix 2 and Grand Prix 3.

Great name Fred and as a fellow newbe i would like to say wilkommen to the forum
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Fred Mayo wrote:I have been on this site and these forums for years, but haven't introduced myself yet. How rude! Then again, I don't really post anything, so maybe no one cares! :D Anyway...

Welcome fellow Martini fan (notice the avatar >>>) :D

Maybe you would be more well known if you stopped lurking and started contributing! ;)
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Rasmus

Post by Rasmus »

Hello everyone, I'm Rasmus from Denmark. Found the F1 Rejects wiki a couple of weeks ago I think and thought it was quite cool that you guys have made all that fantasy series! I've always wanted to make such things! :D I've made a couple of fantasy race series on my PC..

So as you've probably guessed I'm a BIG motorsport fan. Started following F1 back in 2004 at the age of 8 and have watched every race since. I support Kimi Raikkonen but also sympathize with some of the smaller teams (except HRT......)

I'm really interested in the fictional series and all that, but I simply can't figure out how you do it all? How is everything working and how is every series calculated. Who makes the results, or are they from a game? Who are responsible for all the drivers/teams profiles and who manage the drivers and teams?

A lot of questions but I hope someone will answer them. I'm ready to get stuck in! (I hope!)

Cheers,
Rasmus
Last edited by Rasmus on 04 May 2013, 21:04, edited 1 time in total.
Blog about all things motorsport - http://motorsportist.wordpress.com/
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Welcome to the forum Rasmus
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Rasmus wrote:I'm really interested in the fictional series and all that, but I simply can't figure out how you do it all? How is everything working and how is every series calculated. Who makes the results, or are they from a game? Who are responsible for all the drivers/teams profiles and who manage the drivers and teams?

A lot of questions but I hope someone will answer them. I'm ready to get stuck in! (I hope!)

Cheers,
Rasmus

Welcome.

Well, crickey, it must be really difficult for new guys to get their head around the PMMF nowadays! There is so much going on.

The basics;

- Each series is run be either running a computer simulation in a popular racing sim (rFactor, GP2, GP4 etc) or done with pen and paper (tommykl's 50s series I think).
- Forum members own their own drivers and teams. I myself own Scuderia Alitalia, and a selection of drivers like van Nieuwenhuijzen and Agyemang-Badu. The now extremely popular nature of the PMMF has caused waiting lists to accumulate for teams, but often there are teams looking to hire drivers. You can create a driver and try to get a team to hire him somewhere.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

I've never even tried the PMMF forum and that's not going to change anytime soon
Rasmus

Post by Rasmus »

Stramala wrote:
Rasmus wrote:I'm really interested in the fictional series and all that, but I simply can't figure out how you do it all? How is everything working and how is every series calculated. Who makes the results, or are they from a game? Who are responsible for all the drivers/teams profiles and who manage the drivers and teams?

Cheers,
Rasmus

Welcome.

Well, crickey, it must be really difficult for new guys to get their head around the PMMF nowadays! There is so much going on.

The basics;

- Each series is run be either running a computer simulation in a popular racing sim (rFactor, GP2, GP4 etc) or done with pen and paper (tommykl's 50s series I think).
- Forum members own their own drivers and teams. I myself own Scuderia Alitalia, and a selection of drivers like van Nieuwenhuijzen and Agyemang-Badu. The now extremely popular nature of the PMMF has caused waiting lists to accumulate for teams, but often there are teams looking to hire drivers. You can create a driver and try to get a team to hire him somewhere.

Well. I don't have either of those games. I guess they aren't necessary to make a driver or a team?
Blog about all things motorsport - http://motorsportist.wordpress.com/
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Rasmus wrote:
Stramala wrote:

Cheers,
Rasmus

Welcome.

The basics;

Well. I don't have either of those games. I guess they aren't necessary to make a driver or a team?

No, you don't need the games. We just simulate the results using them.

When we get a guide to the PMMF sorted, everything should be easier for new entrants to get. In short though, we've got our own hierarchy of F1-style racing (the RWRS canonical stuff) as well as some racing that includes some novel Reject-specific cars (Life GP Series is a good example of this), as well as some alternative championships.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Rasmus wrote:Hello everyone, I'm Rasmus from Denmark. I support Kimi Raikkonen but also sympathize with some of the smaller teams (except HRT......)

:o Why???
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

dr-baker wrote:
Rasmus wrote:Hello everyone, I'm Rasmus from Denmark. I support Kimi Raikkonen but also sympathize with some of the smaller teams (except HRT......)

Räikkönen started his career at Sauber-Petronas, so maybe that's why?
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

go_Rubens wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Räikkönen started his career at Sauber-Petronas, so maybe that's why?

How does that have anything to do with HRT?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:How does that have anything to do with HRT?

That I will never know...
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

go_Rubens wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:Räikkönen started his career at Sauber-Petronas, so maybe that's why?
How does that have anything to do with HRT?

So why did you say it?
Everything's great.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

BCS, it was just an idea. I can write down my thoughts, right?
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

go_Rubens wrote:BCS, it was just an idea. I can write down my thoughts, right?

Well, yeah, of course. I was just wondering what your reasoning was for that being the case. If there was something that I didn't know of.
Everything's great.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:How does that have anything to do with HRT?

So why did you say it?

I think it's the first sign that this place is breaking any cognitive skills he may have had before joining our insane corner of the internet universe :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

Welcome to all the new members!
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Hello everyone,

My name is Kevin. I'm a university student from Toronto, Canada. I've been watching Grand Prix since the 1999 Australian GP. I stumbled across F1 rejects while procrastinating over an essay a couple months back. I figured it'd be best to stop lurking and start being a little active here with the European season about to commence :D.

I've always supported McLaren, through all their tribulations and travails. Here's to hoping that they can salvage something out of an unequivocally abysmal start.

I look forward to much robust discussion with all of you in the future!

Cheers.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Hi there Kevin, I'm sure you'll find a lot of good discussion here. Nice avatar by the way! :)
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

Welcome Kevin!
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Welcome to the F1 Rejects forum, Kevin! I agree with Nuppiz that the avatar is nice.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

kevinbotz wrote:Hello everyone,

My name is Kevin. I'm a university student from Toronto, Canada. I've been watching Grand Prix since the 1999 Australian GP. I stumbled across F1 rejects while procrastinating over an essay a couple months back. I figured it'd be best to stop lurking and start being a little active here with the European season about to commence :D.

I've always supported McLaren, through all their tribulations and travails. Here's to hoping that they can salvage something out of an unequivocally abysmal start.

I look forward to much robust discussion with all of you in the future!

Cheers.

I live in Toronto as well, mate. Welcome to the forum! :)
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
Ataxia's take on the cool wall:
Ataxia wrote:Felipe, baby: Cool
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

Hello everyone, I've actually been perusing the F1R forums for a few months, but only just decided to start posting. Migrated from F1Fanatic as the quality of debate appears to generally be far higher/less adversarial than there, something I'll really try to (and hopefully not miserably fail at) attempt to maintain. Been into F1 since the late 90s, watching it with my dad as a kid, although I did stop watching for a good few years before getting back into it for some reason. If I upset conventions or am just posting rubbish, please don't hesitate to point it out that I'm being an idiot.

So hello :)
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

I've been online since 26 March, and I just realized that I haven't introduced myself.

So hello everyone. I'm Alden and I'm a middle school student who is devoted to F1 and pays attention to F1 half of my time. Besides F1, I compete in Whitewater Slalom, and hope to make it into the Olympics in Whitewater Slalom one day, which is my main priority right now. Hmm...

I've always supported Ferrari and McLaren, mainly Ferrari. I have my own Scuderia Ferrari jacket and have random Scuderia Ferrari fan gear. I also supported Minardi, and still support the same team (Toro Rosso).

I am opposed to Red Bull since I am literally sick of their dominance.

Force India is my fourth favorite outfit behind Toro Rosso, McLaren, and Ferrari.

I will watch any Motorsport when I can, so I watch a ton of Motorsports in general. Mainly V8 Supercars, WEC, MotoGP, and F1. I watch F1 events from the past every day.

I looked at the statistics, and I'm the second youngest one here behind wmetcalf68.

This is just a quick sum up of me. Oh, I forgot that I appreciate reject teams. I appreciate Onyx the most.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool