RIP Giancarlo Martini

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
midgrid

RIP Giancarlo Martini

Post by midgrid »

Giancarlo Martini, who raced a privately-entered Ferrari in two non-championship races in 1976, ran a team in conjunction with Giancarlo Minardi, and was the uncle of Pierluigi (and Oliver) has died.
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: RIP Giancarlo Martini

Post by shinji »

Read this as Giancarlo Minardi, got worried for a second.

In any case, RIP.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

I also saw first GianCarlo Minardi.

RIP Martini :( !
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I misread as Pierluigi Martini...

RIP.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

This is possibly one of the most disrespectful RIP threads ever to appear on F1 Rejects. He is no less of a loss than Giancarlo Minardi or Pierluigi Martini would be. Giancarlo Martini was only 65 when he died, which is no age really, and he leaves behind a wife and three sons.

I think Giancarlo Minardi probably summed it up best by saying "I have lost a friend, whom I shared much more than just a passion for racing." RIP Giancarlo.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Backmarker wrote:This is possibly one of the most disrespectful RIP threads ever to appear on F1 Rejects. He is no less of a loss than Giancarlo Minardi or Pierluigi Martini would be. Giancarlo Martini was only 65 when he died, which is no age really, and he leaves behind a wife and three sons.

I think Giancarlo Minardi probably summed it up best by saying "I have lost a friend, whom I shared much more than just a passion for racing." RIP Giancarlo.

I meant no disrespect in fairness, and I am fully aware that every life is equal.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

shinji wrote:
Backmarker wrote:This is possibly one of the most disrespectful RIP threads ever to appear on F1 Rejects. He is no less of a loss than Giancarlo Minardi or Pierluigi Martini would be. Giancarlo Martini was only 65 when he died, which is no age really, and he leaves behind a wife and three sons.

I meant no disrespect in fairness, and I am fully aware that every life is equal.

Same. I was highlighting an error that I made, but that does not mean that I mourn any the less. The passing of any life is tragic, and the passing of any F1 Reject ought to be commemorated here.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

RIP Giancarlo Martini. The Minardi fans of yesteryear will miss you.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

What the hell? There is no way this is disrespectful. Period.
Last edited by go_Rubens on 28 Mar 2013, 01:33, edited 1 time in total.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

RIP Giancarlo.

go_Rubens wrote:

What the hell?

There's an edit button for a reason, you know.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

I just used the edit button, thank you. I am not dumb.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Rest in peace :cry:
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

RIP Mr. Martini

I be honest, I know a fair bit on Mr. Minardi but little on Mr. Martini.
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
tommykl

RIP Giancarlo Martini

Post by tommykl »

On March 26th, Giancarlo Martini, Formula 2 driver, non-championship F1 driver and uncle to Pierluigi Martini, passed away, at age 65 :(
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

-*:-
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Jocke1 wrote:http://f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6017

I didn't remember that :oops:
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?