Official 2012 Brazilian GP ROTR

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
went

Re: Official 2012 Brazilian GP ROTR

Post by went »

1- Stewards: Vettel overtaking under yellows is okay, Hulkenberg making a mistake under rain isn't. Okay. Sure. As nonsensical as ever.
2- Kimi: Thank you. Racing wasn't the same without you, now I feel back at home.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

FMecha wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:2- Paul di Resta - Hard to believe this is the guy who everyone at the BBC has been talking up for years. Not as quick as his team mate, anonymous unless Vettel or Alonso came near him, and then crashed. I wouldn't be surprised if he does not keep his seat next year.

If I recall correctly, that would be Sky, Pasta ;)

Actually, make that both of them :lol: Coulthard was even calling di Resta 'mature' today as he was passed yet again.... :lol:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

fjackdaw wrote:
Samster wrote:Seriously of all the bad steward calls this season, this one really takes the biscuit. Effectively Hulkenberg gets a drive through for spinning off in the rain, just because Lewser happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong bathpluging time. At the very least that cost Hulk 2nd. :roll:

Absolutely - he spun in the wet, how is that a punishable offence?

I second this.... Hulk didn't deserve that penalty....
Waris

Post by Waris »

I nominate Räikkönen.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Benetton

Post by Benetton »

With the same Steward logic Vettel should get a penalty for causing a collision with Bruno. That was totally Vettel's fault.
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

went wrote:1- Stewards: Vettel overtaking under yellows is okay, Hulkenberg making a mistake under rain isn't. Okay. Sure. As nonsensical as ever.
2- Kimi: Thank you. Racing wasn't the same without you, now I feel back at home.

Vettel didn't overtake under the yellows though. The lights were red & yellow because of the rain.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

More than RotR, this should be MoGS (Moments of Great Shenanigans), since the whole race was epic.

1.-Kimi Raikkonnen: Taking a trip in memory lane is not a good thing in the middle of a race, even if the old Interlagos was a daunting track. Not the brightest of weekends for Kimi, which included a blown engine.
2.-All American Drivers sans Massa: Face it, Bruno, The Reverend and Checo bin it in the first lap.

Dishonorable mentions to Romain Grosjean (the Carbon Fiber Club's founder ended on the wall) and Paul di Resta (an honorable member of the Carbon Fiber Club)

The were the heck were you all this time award goes to Nico Rosberg who ended anonimously while Schumacher got into the point in his final (really final, I hope) race
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

Well it was a nice call for Kimi to take the old Interlagos track, instead of trying to turn on the grass... who would have known that the exit was blocked? Hilarious stuff. :lol: Epic race, btw. :P
An animator that happens to love racing... :)
http://lostpin.net
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Paul Di Resta - Again, destroyed by the hulk.
Stewards - Obvious reasons, robbed the hulk!
Raikkonen - For racing drunken.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

I second the nomination for the stewards, The Hulk probably didn't deserve that penalty.

Grosjean and di Resta both looked a little silly, and are probably very thankful the season is done and dusted.

And if I may point out McLaren is looking a little silly for having chosen Checo, who hasn't found himself since he's put pen to paper with them, instead of a clear future champion (the Hulk).
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

CarlosFerreira wrote:I second the nomination for the stewards, The Hulk probably didn't deserve that penalty.

Grosjean and di Resta both looked a little silly, and are probably very thankful the season is done and dusted.

And if I may point out McLaren is looking a little silly for having chosen Checo, who hasn't found himself since he's put pen to paper with them, instead of a clear future champion (the Hulk).

He's back!
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

Actually, on second thought, I nominate Hamilton for ROTR. He's proving once again that hotheadedness does not work, it was an incident that could have been avoided, had not his relentlessness intervened. And what the hell was that parking on the other side of the track (near the pit exit) when he could clearly see that his wheel is wasted. Not to mention that he threw away a possible second place for McLaren...
An animator that happens to love racing... :)
http://lostpin.net
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Rosberg - Anonymous.
Trump 2016
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

CarlosFerreira wrote:I second the nomination for the stewards, The Hulk probably didn't deserve that penalty.

Welcome back Carlos! :D Why you were inactive those days? Oh, and Kolles has gone home long ago. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

1. Hülkenberg's penalty
2. Grosjean - how the heck did you manage that?
3. Rosberg - where was he for most of the race?
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

1. Hülkenberg's penalty
2. Di Resta
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

1. Raikkonen: Got lost on the track. This guy is a winner here? Even James May couldn't make that mistake!

2. The Stewards: Robbed the Hulk of a possible victory, and gave him a rather unfair penalty in my opinion.

Dishonorable Mentions:

Paul di Resta: Creamed by his teammate yet again, and crashed on the next-to-last lap.

The False Dawns: Vettel surviving a collision, the caution light, and his mistimed pitstop, and he still won the championship?! I hate being teased like that. :evil:
Last edited by DOSBoot on 25 Nov 2012, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Stewards - Hulkenberg did not deserve a drive through, pathetic call that ended a potentially giant-killing performance
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
JJMonty
Location: Jersey! (The old one, not that American mk2 version!)

Post by JJMonty »

Ok first of all - "Vettel overtaking in a yellow flag", as I was saying since it was first mentioned during the race (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5407&start=240) It was a Red/Yellow striped flag being shown on the screen, NOT yellow! Pat Fry has even confirmed this so please drop this as a reject worthy vote!

Quite a few nominations really..... the usual candidates of Mercedes and their god awful performance again (The rain saved Schumacher from not scoring any points).

Sauber for going nowhere again during the race, a shame because there was plenty of potential to overtake Mercedes in the Constructors too!

I'm tempted to give it to either Di Resta for getting demolished by Hulkenberg today - even with a penelty, the Hulk finished 5th whilst Di Resta ended up in the wall.
My other nominees are SkySports for their never-ending quest for s**t stiring scenarios that have already been resolved and also Vettel for doing his absolute best to try and lose the title (I'm talking about the Senna crash and his "forgetfulness" to think that someone would be on the inside of him).

But I'm inclined to nominate Lotus - plenty of pace but both drivers pushing too hard today. Grosjan's move on DLR in quali was very stupid and dangerous and he finished his season off in the wall, whilst Raikkonen seemed to have a habit of passing a car - then losing 3 places later on (or losing his bearings! That excursion to an escape road was brilliant!! :lol: ))
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

It's hard to pick one. I think I'll go with Di Resta for being completely blown away by Hulkenberg.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Raikkonen for that excursion :lol: also, the stewards get a nomination for giving Hulkenberg a DTP :evil:
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Ok, my actual nominations;

Nominees:
Di Resta - Started off ok, but then was slow, had a spin and then a crash that gave us a boring SC finish.
Grosjean - Oh dear... Question marks on his wet driving after a repeat of Malaysia
Rosberg - Disappointing

Winner:
Raikkonen - For giving us a moment of pure rejectful comedy and also having a generally poor race with some offs.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Channel Ten, for showing their crappy pre-race show. AND NOT THE RACE :evil:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Raikkonen still got a point despite all his excursions and comedy moment. The stewards penalty for Hulkenberg was not the correct decision.

But I have to give it to Di Resta - an extremely average performance, and his crash deprived us of another 2 laps of excitement with an anti-climax the result instead.
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Barbazza wrote:Raikkonen still got a point despite all his excursions and comedy moment. The stewards penalty for Hulkenberg was not the correct decision.

You can still get RotR even having scored point/s, for example Hulkenberg at Monza 2010.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Message me on Discord.
Benetton

Post by Benetton »

Well, at least Kimi had the awareness to try that. Comedy gold though.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Di Resta - this is not the way to impress, while your team-mate were mixing with the McLarens, and could have finished at least second... buuuuut...
The stewards - ...have taken away his opportunity. Hülkenberg's car twitched, and he at least didn't hit Kovalainen...
Grosjean - Wow, that was weak.
Williams - Wow, that was expensive.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
flyerguy

Post by flyerguy »

Nominees:
Stewards- The Hulk DT was shameful. If I am not mistaken, there was a similar incident a few laps after that involving KK, without any punishing.
Di Resta- Was was that? The only reason he was not anonymous was that he kept spining and going out the track. But the icing of the cake was the crash on the end, forcing a safety car on what was being the best race of the year.

But my pick is:
A good part of the supporters on the stands- When the race ended their behavior was absolutely terrible. I don't know if this was broadcasted (I'm betting that wasn't), but they started to shout absolutely terrible, offensive things, in unison. As Massa was giving his emotional speech, they were calling him a chicken, a crybaby, a loser, a doormat and so on. But when Alonso was speaking, it got much worse. He was called the worst names, offensive names, xenophobic names, and some people, in a very hooliganish way, was shouting threats at him. I suspect that if he was crowned champion and had went close to the supporters as Vettel went, he was to be greeted by a rain of spit and litter. Absolutely terrible. It was a moment I was ashamed to be Brazilian...
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Several nominations:

Senna: Almost ruined Vettel's championship hopes. (I can't see how the crash could have been Vettel's fault.)
Grosjean: Typical race from him.
Räikkönen: Weird mistake prevented him from completing every race lap this season.
Force India drivers: Hülkenberg threw away the team's first podium since Spa 2009. Di Resta was off the pace all weekend and threw away a points finish by crashing on the penultimate lap.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

flyerguy wrote:But my pick is:
A good part of the supporters on the stands- When the race ended their behavior was absolutely terrible. I don't know if this was broadcasted (I'm betting that wasn't), but they started to shout absolutely terrible, offensive things, in unison. As Massa was giving his emotional speech, they were calling him a chicken, a crybaby, a loser, a doormat and so on. But when Alonso was speaking, it got much worse. He was called the worst names, offensive names, xenophobic names, and some people, in a very hooliganish way, was shouting threats at him. I suspect that if he was crowned champion and had went close to the supporters as Vettel went, he was to be greeted by a rain of spit and litter. Absolutely terrible. It was a moment I was ashamed to be Brazilian...

:o

Did they cheer for Vettel then?

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Paul Di Resta - Spent most of the race in the lower end of the points until his crash, whilst Hulkenberg spun twice and had a drive-through penalty in the longest pitlane in F1, and still finished 5th.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Benetton

Post by Benetton »

Meatwad wrote:Senna: Almost ruined Vettel's championship hopes. (I can't see how the crash could have been Vettel's fault.)

And Senna was supposed to do what? Not try to overtake? Senna had every right to be on the inside. He was already more or less beside Vettel when Sebastian decided to turn into him. Sebastian was very lucky he could continue after that since it was more or less a miracle no one collected him worse in that corner after he spun. I'm not a Vettel hater at all, and credit where it is due, Vettel drove a more or less perfect recovery drive after that incident. However, that collision with Senna was completely Vettel's error in judgment.
girry

Post by girry »

whut?

If that is true what the Brazilian guy said, I vote completely cutting Interlagos track off the Brazilian ground and pasting it to Japan, they deserve the finale more.
when you're dead people start listening
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Given Jamie & Enoch like giving the award for comedy moments, it can't be anybody but the Iceman. Couldn't stop laughing at that. Plus he managed to be 1 lap short of completing every lap this season. :(
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
tzerof1

Post by tzerof1 »

Benetton wrote:Okay Raikkonen had a shite race. But he lost alot of setup time on Friday with engine troubles. And quite frankly he atleast had the mind to take the shortcut and then see that "eff I ain't getting through here". Plus, at the start he showed his instincts when he didn't hit Vettel when, I believe, everyone else on the whole grid would pretty much have rammed Vettel to a DNF.

I agree wholeheartedly. Don't forget Raikkonen vs Schumacher in the Senna S, both got to within inches of each other, and both came out unscathed, with Kimi in front. That was another great show of Kimi's (and Schumi's) instincts. As Steve Slater of ESPN Star commented "Two lesser drivers would have collided".

One question I do have though, does anyone know what ever happened to the plans to create a larger runoff area at Subidos dos Boxes? I thought they were supposed to have it done this year, but nothing has been done.
"If you don't like it, overtake or f**k off!"- Niki Lauda responding to complaints of his Brabham BT46 'fan car" throwing debris in drivers' faces.
flyerguy

Post by flyerguy »

Shizuka wrote: :o

Did they cheer for Vettel then?

When Vettel went to the stands' front? Yes, they cheered. With some shouts of "You are the one that deserve it", obviously aiming at Alonso and Massa...
There was some families, and some well behaved people. But there was a significant portion that seemed out of a Brazilian "Organizadas", the equivalent of the British football Firms or Itallian Ultras.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Ed24 wrote:
Barbazza wrote:Raikkonen still got a point despite all his excursions and comedy moment. The stewards penalty for Hulkenberg was not the correct decision.

You can still get RotR even having scored point/s, for example Hulkenberg at Monza 2010.

I know, I was just trying to make a point that he...erm..scored a point in order to justify not picking him as it's not like he binned it in the wall or something (hello Paul)
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Bruno Senna - I still can't believe that he failed to take Vettel out - no Ferrari test drive for you!
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Backmarker wrote:Bruno Senna - I still can't believe that he failed to take Vettel out - no Ferrari test drive for you!

I so wanted to disagree with this. I really did. I even tried some arguments against it.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!