Who Do You Hate Most in F1?

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
LionZoo

Who Do You Hate Most in F1?

Post by LionZoo »

Yes we all love the backmarkers, but who do you hate the most of all F1 personalities? I'm expecting many votes for Max and Bernie here, but for me personally, it's Nick Fry. Being a huge Super Aguri fan, I was absolutely gutted, and then pissed to high hell when I heard Fry basically sabotaged their possibility to be saved.
LukeB

Re: Who Do You Hate Most in F1?

Post by LukeB »

I'm running out of hate figures. First Ralph Schumacher leaves, then James Allen goes and now no Ron Dennis? Nick Fry just dosent compare, it's like hating the colour beige if beige was a smug grinning git I'd really like to smack because good god he's such an utter unbearable arse...
Ok yeah, Nick Fry :evil:
Making up the numbers
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Honourable Mention - Lewis Hamilton
When I started following Formula One seriously, I picked Jenson Button as my driver as it was his debut season. When Hamilton came along, I thought I could pick up a second driver to support. But his arrogance and Lewisteria combined with the way a lot of Button fans immedaitely jumped ship for the SS Hamilton the moment Hamilton appeared on the horizon. The only thing that saves him from a placing is that he has talent.

Honourable Mention - Ted Kravitz
James Allen might be gone from F1, but Kravitz is Allen-lite. Legard, Brundle, Goodman, Jordan et al all do a decent job, but Kravitz is a hangover from Allen's infatuation with Hamilton and a pretty poor journalist. The only thing that saves him from a placing is that they rarely go to him.

3rd Place - Ralf Schumacher
Just like everyone else. He might be gone, but the memory remains, kind of like getting mugged at your birthday party.

2nd - Giancarlo Fisichella
Not so much as a has-been as a never-was, but somehow he keeps getting drives. He's the 21st Century equivalent of a moving chicane, and now has to deal with the ignomity of circling at the back in an instructorial capacity for Adrian Sutil.

1st - Flavio Briatore
Thinks Formula One is in deep trouble if any team other than he is out the front. Abuses Piquet by giving preferential treatment to Alonso; the Brazilian is basically there so that Renault have two cars on the grid. Worse than Paul Stoddart, but funnier; his latest stunt is to try and block FOTA money to Brawn because they are doing better than him (this follows on from yesterday's comments).
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Definitely Flavio Briatore, with Lewis Hamilton a not-too-distant second.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
StoneColdSpider

Post by StoneColdSpider »

when SUPER AGURI died i said
"i want to grab Nick Fry and beat shades of S*** out of him
and have him rotating slowly over a spit"

so yes Nick Fry is my most hated man in F1.... just for killing off my beloverd SUPER AGURI!!!
and he is the only reason i cant cheer for Brawn GP....

2nd was Ron Dennis but hes gone now :(
so Flavio is my new #2 and that smug Hamilton is #3
Im a sarcastic perverted tourist robbing Australian convict

"I want to grab Nick Fry and beat 3 shades of *BEEP* out of him
and have him rotating slowly over a spit!"
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

I'd say a massive tie between Flav, Nick Fry, Hamilton, Ferrari, and Bernie. Max gets spared, just. I can't really pick one over the others. Flava Flav is a dirty old man who has a whinge about anything that doesn't go his way. Nick Fry basically killed Super Aguri, probably because he couldn't get his own team out of Q1. Hamilton doesn't lie but 'engages in disinformation.' Ferrari had the whole spy-gate scandal which was just as much Stepney's fault as McLaren's and he gets off unpunished. Bernie drove out the small teams, the dreamers, came up with assinine twilight and night races just to bring TV ratings up, and always has a stupid comment for everything.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

I like Hamilton - appreciate the fact he's tough on track, talented and overall a nice driver, even if he's a spoiled brat outside. The same for Alonso. Generally, I have no bad feeling towards any of the pilots, not even Fisichella - he's a decent guy and he'd be giving Button a run for his money if he was in the Brawn, I reckon.

So, my dislike goes essentially for team principals and politicians - with the exception of Williams, who are old-school warriors. I hated Todt's guts; glad he's moved on. Fry's a politician as well, and deserves little respect - he's just saved by the fact he had the vision to hire Brawn and keep Button all along. So, Flavio gets the prize: from 1994's shenanigans to yesterday's "let me have Brawn's TV money", I have little respect for him, and firmly believe F1 would be better without his contribution.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Without a doubt Lewis Hamilton. My hate affair started when he was asked at Indiapolis GP in 2007 why he drove much closer to the wall than any other driver and he replied "they're not me." It was his 5th GP. Add to this the legions of sudden F1 fans who just want to support a winner and the rapid press hysteria, Hamilton's inability to say almost anything that hasn't been scripted by McLaren's PR dept without getting the team into major trouble, persistent rule breaking and threatening to leave F1 (please do).

How can you not hate him?
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

Maybe it's not hate, but I seriously dislike Max Mosley and Bernie Ecclestone for their power-drunkenness and money-grabbing respectively (though Max appears to have started money-grabbing as well when he thinks he can get away with it).
Libertango

Post by Libertango »

Definitly Flavio!
noisebox

Post by noisebox »

Micheal Schumacher! The blueprint for Lewis Hamilton... Won the WDC by blatenetly cheating in 1994, never gave team mates equal opportunities, the farcical finnishes at Austria and Indy, and the worst dress sense ever. You watch him distance himself from Ferrari now the wheels are falling off!
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

noisebox wrote:Micheal Schumacher! The blueprint for Lewis Hamilton... Won the WDC by blatenetly cheating in 1994, never gave team mates equal opportunities, the farcical finnishes at Austria and Indy, and the worst dress sense ever. You watch him distance himself from Ferrari now the wheels are falling off!

Sure. But, unlike Lewis, he'd be a bastard and admit it. No "I was pushed by the team" blah blah blah.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
nit

Post by nit »

noisebox wrote: the worst dress sense ever.

that's abit harsh i you change that to the awful L'Oreal advert he did, just awful!!, who do i hate hmmmmm i would say lewis just can't stand the kid!!
Stormwind

Post by Stormwind »

Oh god... tough pick

Max and Bernie are tied for that honour.

Though there are a few mentions.

Nick Fry- I won't bother listing why, it's pretty much been said in previous posts on this thread

Michael Schumacher - Yes he's gone but if Bernie is the Emperor Palpatine of Formula 1 Michael Schumacher is the Darth Vader, minus the saving grace of the latter. The 'He's in front of me, I'll just punt them off' approche and general unlikeability of the lad was enough for me.

Flavio Briatore - I could write a book on the subject, from his days at Bennetton to today, his latest ludicrous rants only confirm that.

Kimi Raikkonen - Full of himself, Arrogant and unable to take responsibility for his mistakes. Only fitting that he took Schumacher's place at Ferrari.

Juan Pablo Montoya - Good Riddence, he was dangerous on the track and a stupid tosser off the track, yelling and threatening a camera man cause poor old Tony Montana wannabe bumped into a camera man.

James Allen - Irritating, Hamilton fetishist. But at the very least he was harmless, got to give him that.
captainhappy

Post by captainhappy »

Very Very easy,
I wake up in the morning and piss excellence
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

captainhappy wrote:Very Very easy,

+1
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Captain Hammer wrote:3rd Place - Ralf Schumacher
Just like everyone else.

OBJECTION!
I like him...

There are three people who are getting on my nerves pretty much:

Niki Lauda - sorry, Niki ... how should I explain it best ... you're a old, grumpy man with an opinion noone gives a damn about. Go to Austrian F1 coverage, then I don't have to see you giving us your "blah blah" on German television anymore. Ralf Schumacher for example has in only one outing proven to be a better expert and host than you are.
Hermann Tilke - too easy, I guess won't need to do much explaining there. But I do give him credit for his well made track in China.
Jenson Button - I know I'll get TEH BEEF for that one. But I have a reason: it has always bothered me that everyone was like: "OMG, he's such a top driver and should have a great car then he'd be da World Champ!!!1!!1!!!" despite him being nothing more than an above average driver without much success. I admit, I have a strong dislike for (IMO) overrated things...
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Stormwind wrote:Michael Schumacher - Yes he's gone but if Bernie is the Emperor Palpatine of Formula 1 Michael Schumacher is the Darth Vader, minus the saving grace of the latter.

Does that mean Max Mosely is the Jar Jar Binks for Formula One, then?

Klon wrote:Jenson Button - I know I'll get TEH BEEF for that one. But I have a reason: it has always bothered me that everyone was like: "OMG, he's such a top driver and should have a great car then he'd be da World Champ!!!1!!1!!!" despite him being nothing more than an above average driver without much success. I admit, I have a strong dislike for (IMO) overrated things...

Yeah, you're about to ... have you seen some of the cars he's had to drive? When Button began, he had all the usual rookis mistakes - which was to be expected - and he got shafted by Briatore at Benetton. It wasn't until 2004 that he got a good car under him and he finished third overall behind only the Ferraris, but the next few incarnations of BAR and Honda machines were absolutely pathetic. It wasn't until this ye that he's got the right weaponry.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Button may have had awful cars at some points in his career, but wasn`t he invloved in the development of them? I was never a fan of Schumacher, but he never blamed a poor result on an awful car because he made sure they weren`t.

In his defence Button has displayed a rare and pleasent level of humility this year. Years at the back of the grid haave taken the edge off his cockiness - although I think it`s coming back a bit after two wins.
Last edited by Nemo on 19 Apr 2009, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Nemo wrote:Button may have had awful cars at some points in his career, but wasn`t he invloved in the development of them? I was never a fan of Schumacher, but he never blamed a poor result on an awful car because he naid sure they weren`t.

In his defence Button has displayed a rare and pleasent level of humility this year. Years at the back of the grid haave taken the edge off his cockiness - although I think it`s coming back a bit after two wins.

There's a lot to be said for you thinking you're better than your competitors.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Captain Hammer wrote:
Stormwind wrote:Michael Schumacher - Yes he's gone but if Bernie is the Emperor Palpatine of Formula 1 Michael Schumacher is the Darth Vader, minus the saving grace of the latter.

Mesa Maxie Moswey!

Who do I hate the most in F1 right now?

Nick Fry- You... bastard!!!

Max and Bernie- I built my own politicocrapometer, but the mere mention of these two made it catch fire, be back in a few minutes...

Flavio Briatore- The Jack(ass) Roush of F1. Whines if anyone is doing something better than he is. Stormwind, please do write that book on Flav, I'd read it.

Michael Schumacher- Cheater! Cheater! Cheater!

Lewis Hamilton- Michael Schumacher v2.0. Except that whoever programmed the Matt Kenseth Robot in NASCAR came over to F1 and programmed Lewis Hamiltonbot. Robotic monotonous language, but with added emotions not present in Kensethbot. Hamiltonbot's new features include Unwarranted Superiority Syndrome, resulting in the phenomenon that is Lewisteria.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Cynon wrote:
Captain Hammer wrote:

Mesa Maxie Moswey!

Who do I hate the most in F1 right now?

Nick Fry- You... bastard!!!

Max and Bernie- I built my own politicocrapometer, but the mere mention of these two made it catch fire, be back in a few minutes...

Flavio Briatore- The Jack(ass) Roush of F1. Whines if anyone is doing something better than he is. Stormwind, please do write that book on Flav, I'd read it.

Michael Schumacher- Cheater! Cheater! Cheater!

Lewis Hamilton- Michael Schumacher v2.0. Except that whoever programmed the Matt Kenseth Robot in NASCAR came over to F1 and programmed Lewis Hamiltonbot. Robotic monotonous language, but with added emotions not present in Kensethbot. Hamiltonbot's new features include Unwarranted Superiority Syndrome, resulting in the phenomenon that is Lewisteria.

You've nailed it right on the head
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

I'm a lover, not a hater. But if I'd have to name something that I strongly dislike it would be ugly cars. You know, time in time again, a team comes up with a particularly ugly design and livery.
Once you become accustomed to the look of a car, that disappears as well.

I used to love the green Benetton in the pre-Camel days. The Mild Seven car was always a beauty, too. But in recent years, they have seriously damaged their reputation of producing beautiful cars. But I guess it only mirrors the looks of Renault's road cars.

Jordan started out with a beauty of a green car in 1991. The Sasol liveried cars that followed kept things up. The golden ones were rather so-so, but once they were yellow, they were back on track. Unfortunately, their predecessors Midland and Spyker lost sympathy points with their rather uninspired liveries. The current Force 1ndia looks nice again though.

It's really just down to one's taste as to what livery you like. For example, the first Sauber livery, the anthrazite with the colored mirrors looked great to me, even though I usually don't like black liveries. But the Broker livery of the following year was crap. Turned out that the sponsor was crap, too. Usually, Sauber had good looking cars, even during their Red Bull era.

These days, with all the manufacturer cars running in the sport, the liveries unfortunately have gotten rather same-y.
Especially the look of the McLaren has gotten boring. When Honda dropped their BAR style looks, their liveries looked better than ever, but their on track perfomance tanked. The Brawn on the other hand, is a beauty.

The look of the Chesterfield Williams was hard to bear, but I found the final pink Brabham to be a step up from their bore of previous years. And when Ferrari changed their traditional red into the red of their unnamed sponsor, it was rather sacrilegious. Still, the wildly coloured Larrousse cars always looked rather to their favour.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

(Not a big fan of the word 'hate' myself. We want to keep this forum a happy place, so thanks for playing nice thus far. Keep it away from personal attacks in which you do not have your tongue in your cheek!)

As for me, I 'hate' whoever it is suggested everyone go when the red lights go out. Would it be so hard to have a bank of green lights under the red lights and have them come on simultaneously the red lights go out?
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

I actually don't hate any of them anymore.

I think Hamilton needs to accept that he values winning over everything else and stop pretending to be some innocent little lamb whenever someone sticks a microphone under his nose, but otherwise they're all okay.
noisebox

Post by noisebox »

Kuwashima wrote:As for me, I 'hate' whoever it is suggested everyone go when the red lights go out. Would it be so hard to have a bank of green lights under the red lights and have them come on simultaneously the red lights go out?

The reason for this was that there was a race (can't remember when or where but probably about 10 years ago) where the red lights went out but the greens didn't come on. Half the field went, as they were looking at the red lights and thought they could gain a marginal advantage by going when the red lights went out, and the other half stayed put assuming an abandoned start. The decision to switch to the current system was taken to avoid a repeat.

Not saying I like it - I'd liek to see green lights back, but that's why it is how it is at the moment.
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

noisebox wrote:The reason for this was that there was a race (can't remember when or where but probably about 10 years ago) where the red lights went out but the greens didn't come on. Half the field went, as they were looking at the red lights and thought they could gain a marginal advantage by going when the red lights went out, and the other half stayed put assuming an abandoned start. The decision to switch to the current system was taken to avoid a repeat.

If we're taking decisions based on the likelihood of a technical malfunction, isn't it just as likely that half the red lights will stay on when they're supposed to go off as that the green lights will not come on when they're supposed to come on?

I suppose they can just cut the power totally to ensure all the red go off, but then they can always install back-up generators to ensure fail-safe green lights. I generally 'hate' people who say this, but... we can go to the moon, but can't guarantee a bunch of lights will go on?
IntegratorTypeR

Post by IntegratorTypeR »

For all the Brits out there that were watching F1 last year on ITV, I really hated Steve Ryder, the lead presenter of their F1 show. I found him to be such a smug, self-important, full of himself d*@#head. I'm so glad I don't have to see his immensely punchable grinning face anymore.
chrismc_DC2

Post by chrismc_DC2 »

At least Steve Ryder has an ounce of F1 pedigree as he used to often present Grandstand in the late 80's early 90's when they would cut direct to the GP....he also interviewed the likes of Senna for the BBC F1 previews of the era...

Jim Rosenthal HAS to be the worst anchorman for me. He was never a true F1 FAN, just a "journeyman" as anchormen go. He fell on his feet doing the F1 as he more commonly presented athletics from Gateshead previously :o

My most hated man in F1 is ANTHONY Hamilton. GRR! I dont know why but he seems to be in the limelight almost as much as his son. He should take a leaf out the books of other sporting fathers & let Lewis take the limelight...whether he be his sons manager or not

You dont see the likes of Keke Rosberg & Nelson Piquet half a step behind their son at every opportunity.. :roll:
noisebox

Post by noisebox »

chrismc_DC2 wrote:You dont see the likes of Keke Rosberg & Nelson Piquet half a step behind their son at every opportunity.. :roll:

Piquet tried to stay half a step behind his son, but sadly his son spun and he overtook him!
MaxZero

Post by MaxZero »

Gotta say, my least favorite aspect of F1 would definitely be most of the mainstream media

A common recurrence in the biographies, autobiographies and documentaries on BBC4 i've been enjoying is how they are treated when they are involved in a scuffle on or off the track, with all news focused on the misfortune, watching the aforementioned program on how Jim Clark was treated after the death of Von Tripps really irritated me more than usual, 40 odd years down the line and they just behave worse

Radio 5 mentioned how Flavio Briatore was regarded as one of most unpopular football (soccer) chairmen, loathing seems to follow him wherever he goes
Nin13

Post by Nin13 »

1. Flavio, the big moaner
2. Alonslow
3. Lewser Hamilton
Bascically I dont like people who like to complain a lot and I also hate liars..................
:twisted: :twisted:
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FAN.
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

My head tells me Bernie Ecclestone. He has pushed out small teams, made the sport way too commercial and expensive for ordinary fans. Messed about with rules and points and god knows what else to try and make the sport more interesting... when it wasn't broken... don't fix it! But worst of all he has robbed us of some great racing tracks and replaced them with non descript characterless pieces of rubbish to line his own pockets. But his worse sin of late is the messing around of start times to make more money. Half the fun of F1's fly away races was getting up in the middle of the night because it really did feel like you were watching a race from far away... It was all part of the fun! Now we have dangerous races in poor light. Curse you Bernie!

My heart tells me Hamilton. He is a cheating, lying little tyke. But it is made all the worse by the fact the media love him, the queen knighted him and the British fans have all jumped ship and thinks the sun shines out of his ass. I can' dare say a word against him in Britain for people thinking I'm odd for no supporting him or worse racist. He's a jumped up twerp who isn' that talented he just had the best car... until now. Watch all those supporters jump ship to support Button now he's doing well again.

Honourable mention goes to David Coulthard. Is it me or does anyone else find his smugness and the fact he seems devoid of any useful insight into F1 irritating? Doesn’t seem to know who is who and confessed to watching the reviews of the last two seasons as he couldn’t remember what went on. Not to mention he had a top car for the majority of his career and did nothing with it… He also has a square head which isn’t his fault but it irritates me.

Stuart
- http://www.formula1-blog.co.uk
Chilled Phill

Post by Chilled Phill »

'Hate' isn't really a word I would use for the people I'm about to mention, more like "dislike". ;)

1. Michael Schumacher
Perhaps this is just because my sister is an avid Ferrari fan who just doesn't listen to reason and apparently WDCs in her world only count for driver ability, one could say that this is merely a bias decision. However, talent aside, ramming people off the road; parking in the middle of Monaco and winning a championship with bugger all for competition certainly takes Schumacher down a peg or two in my book. Perhaps it's just my preference of clean racing, don't get me wrong I'm all for controlled aggression but the amount of things Schumacher's done that go beyond what I would call of "beyond the line of unsporting-ness" has left me with rather bitter memories of the man. It should be noted, however, that one of my heroes was Damon Hill, so make that what you will... :P

2. Ayrton Senna
As a driver, on his own, he was immense. Nobody could easily beat him! However, I don't think this ruthless "win at all costs" mentality was healthy for the sport and being a man on the Prost side of the Senna/Prost divide I could mention a certain incident which decided the world championship: one saw Senna steamroll into Prost's car at 100mph+ and potentially killing the Frenchman? All for a championship...? Granted, Prost deserved some sort of comeuppance from and his incident with Senna the previous year but whilst his occurred at a rather slow chicane, Senna's happened to be at the first corner of the circuit, a fast right hander. In no way, however, am I trying to justify Prost's move on Senna as I myself DO NOT condone one of my heroes of such an act. ;)

3. Whoever writes the Grand Prix previews/reviews for "The Sun"...
The title pretty much sums up my attitude towards this person: bland, boring and predictable. The mere fact I've forgotten his name (and us autistics are VERY good at remembering names, btw! ;)) speaks some volumes as well. Seriously, it's so bias towards Britain you could cut the patriotism with a knife. I recall in the review for the 07' Japanese Grand Prix after Webber criticised Lewis Hamilton for his driving antics the editor wrote up a "summary" of "Who is Mark Webber...?". Literally, the first sentence was: Some nobody who has no hope in hell of winning a title. The shear ignorance left my disgusted, "some nobody"? Yeah, what have you got to show for your career in journalism? It should be noted, however, that where I work part-time buys the Sun for us to read. I, myself, am a reader of the Daily Telegraph. ;)

Perhaps this just leaves you thinking I "dislike" drivers who cross paths nastily with the drivers I like, well perhaps that's true, yes. However, one could argue that Schumacher has done similar to other drivers such as Jacques Villeneuve, a driver I have no particular fondness for, as well. Excuses aside, honourable mentions go to Bernie and Max for ruining F1 - a majority of F1 Drivers' Sons getting into F1 too easily imo (Piquet, Villeneuve, maybe Rosberg, Nakajima, etc) and, of course, Flavio Briatoe. :lol: