The HRT thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
cbbcisace

Re: The HRT thread

Post by cbbcisace »

solarcold wrote:I need help. About those cards from HRT you all seem to be offering. How do I? I've seen no info on the official site. Still available? Free or for fee?

Just sign up to the fan zone and it's free!
HRT - who else would you support :P
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

Im still waiting since May!

Back to the track, hopefully HRT will bring their upgrades to Singapore, and have a nice battle with the Marussias.

Im not sure about Fri prac though. Its a rare occasion that Karthikeyan hasnt raced at Singapore before, so ideally he would want to take part in both sessions, for track knowledge, and his experience in feedback on the new parts.

But money counts, so probably Ma (considering Asian races comming up and possible more sponsors comming in) would get more time.
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

And somewhat unfortunately for HRT, it seems Marussia have some upgrades planned for Singapore as well.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

AndreaModa wrote:And somewhat unfortunately for HRT, it seems Marussia have some upgrades planned for Singapore as well.

This year is year 1 for me, just have to stick close to Marussia, let's hope the new upgrades for HRT work ;)
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

cbbcisace wrote:
solarcold wrote:I need help. About those cards from HRT you all seem to be offering. How do I? I've seen no info on the official site. Still available? Free or for fee?

Just sign up to the fan zone and it's free!

Thanks a lot! I've already signed up!
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
S951

Post by S951 »

pedro to finish 10th in a mad race leap frogs caterham you heard it here first!!
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

S951 wrote:pedro to finish 10th in a mad race leap frogs caterham you heard it here first!!

I've had that feeling but only to leapfrog Marussia not Caterham.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

What do HRT need to jump Marussia? A 13th?
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
mario

Post by mario »

AdrianSutil wrote:What do HRT need to jump Marussia? A 13th?

At the moment, yes - Marussia's best finishes this season are two 14th places (in Australia and Monaco), so either a 13th place or three 14th places would do the trick.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

mario wrote:

At the moment, yes - Marussia's best finishes this season are two 14th places (in Australia and Monaco), so either a 13th place or three 14th places would do the trick.

Chances a slim. But all it could take is a sudden downpour at Singapore or Japan and have 5 or 6 cars slide off the track.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

AdrianSutil wrote:
mario wrote:

Chances a slim. But all it could take is a sudden downpour at Singapore or Japan and have 5 or 6 cars slide off the track.

I hope this year is the first bathplugging year we get rain during the Singapore race. Then I can make Singapour jokes instead of Singabore jokes, oh and we will get a cracking race. We've already seen HRT make a strategy gamble at the start of Malaysia, and execute that fairly well until the track dried out, so if it's wet at some point we could see some magic.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

Something to note today from HRT.

Dani Clos was involved in a Telefonica meeting/event today and interestingly Tuenti are rumoured to sponsor the team next year in which Telefonica owns!
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

RealRacingRoots wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:
mario wrote:At the moment, yes - Marussia's best finishes this season are two 14th places (in Australia and Monaco), so either a 13th place or three 14th places would do the trick.

I hope this year is the first bathplugging year we get rain during the Singapore race. Then I can make Singapour jokes instead of Singabore jokes, oh and we will get a cracking race. We've already seen HRT make a strategy gamble at the start of Malaysia, and execute that fairly well until the track dried out, so if it's wet at some point we could see some magic.

Well,September has been quite a rainy month here in Singapore,especially after a dry summer for me.However,it hasn't rained at night for about a month.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

MQH driving Singapore FP1
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

GwilymJJames wrote:MQH driving Singapore FP1

This convinces me even more that he takes Narain's seat next year..
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

On Ma, I think he did very well in Italy, considering the scenarios. Ok, he was 2 secs (?) off DLR, but in the 107% bracket which was a positive result.

Malaysia is a different scenario though!
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

David AGS wrote:On Ma, I think he did very well in Italy, considering the scenarios. Ok, he was 2 secs (?) off DLR, but in the 107% bracket which was a positive result.

Malaysia is a different scenario though!

He had high downforce set up on his car too compared to Pedro's low downfornce set up.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

cbbcisace wrote:Dani Clos was involved in a Telefonica meeting/event today and interestingly Tuenti are rumoured to sponsor the team next year in which Telefonica owns!

If that's true, then Dani Clos will have some serious backing, making him a real contender for a seat in 2013.
MQH is an unlikely option - mostly because of his limited experience in single-seaters. I doubt HRT is that desperate for cash to hire him.
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

Pointrox wrote:
cbbcisace wrote:Dani Clos was involved in a Telefonica meeting/event today and interestingly Tuenti are rumoured to sponsor the team next year in which Telefonica owns!

If that's true, then Dani Clos will have some serious backing, making him a real contender for a seat in 2013.
MQH is an unlikely option - mostly because of his limited experience in single-seaters. I doubt HRT is that desperate for cash to hire him.

I honestly see Ma in all FP1 sessions next year minimum, easy to get some good money for the team.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

cbbcisace wrote:
Pointrox wrote:

I honestly see Ma in all FP1 sessions next year minimum, easy to get some good money for the team.

The experience of De La Rosa paired with the youthful exuberance of Dani Clos with Ma pumping some decent cash in to the team. I'd be seriously excited for HRT if this is where they go in 2013.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

I think that is the way they are going to go as well!
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

cbbcisace wrote:I think that is the way they are going to go as well!

I would agree with that.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Eryx

Post by Eryx »

Im very excited for HRT everythings finally working for them. . .Now if they could just get a faster car there sorted!
Beauty is in the eye of the Badoer. :D
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

Eryx wrote:Im very excited for HRT everythings finally working for them. . .Now if they could just get a faster car there sorted!

I'm told that the F113 is finally a car HRT can be proud of, hope it's true!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

cbbcisace wrote:
Eryx wrote:Im very excited for HRT everythings finally working for them. . .Now if they could just get a faster car there sorted!

With PDLR's input, I'm sure it will be.

I can remember when the team in 2010; Grupo Hispania wanted to make the team capitalise on it's Spanish nationality but clearly had no idea how. Now that Thesan own the team and Perez-Sala heads up the racing operation, there's clear direction. All of the right noises are being made, and having Pedro helps as he can drive the car quickly AND help develop next years' car. Of course, finance is still a sticking point, but it's really good to see that the team is far more secure than before.

I think promoting Clos to a race seat would be a very sound idea indeed. If having a pair of Spanish drivers can bring in sponsorship like the rumoured Tuenti deal, then it can only be a bonus. I think the best option for him is to start racing as soon as possible; if this comes after India then so be it. However, Ma is another great asset to have. Tapping into the Asian market is something F1 has been trying to do for years; Alex Yoong, for example, is a great example of this. There is some Asian money in Caterham, but of course that's more down to the fact that Tony Fernandes owns the team and heads up AirAsia too.

China has an economy that is increasing in size, and if Ma Qing Hua can help bring awareness of F1 to China, big business execs might be able to indulge in the passion in the sport and use F1 for international exposure.

HRT don't have much in the way of resources or staff (or stamps, apparently...please can I have my membership card now?), but credit is certainly due to its marketing department if they can thrash out big deals with Spanish and Chinese companies alike.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:
cbbcisace wrote:

With PDLR's input, I'm sure it will be.

I can remember when the team in 2010; Grupo Hispania wanted to make the team capitalise on it's Spanish nationality but clearly had no idea how. Now that Thesan own the team and Perez-Sala heads up the racing operation, there's clear direction. All of the right noises are being made, and having Pedro helps as he can drive the car quickly AND help develop next years' car. Of course, finance is still a sticking point, but it's really good to see that the team is far more secure than before.

I think promoting Clos to a race seat would be a very sound idea indeed. If having a pair of Spanish drivers can bring in sponsorship like the rumoured Tuenti deal, then it can only be a bonus. I think the best option for him is to start racing as soon as possible; if this comes after India then so be it. However, Ma is another great asset to have. Tapping into the Asian market is something F1 has been trying to do for years; Alex Yoong, for example, is a great example of this. There is some Asian money in Caterham, but of course that's more down to the fact that Tony Fernandes owns the team and heads up AirAsia too.

China has an economy that is increasing in size, and if Ma Qing Hua can help bring awareness of F1 to China, big business execs might be able to indulge in the passion in the sport and use F1 for international exposure.

HRT don't have much in the way of resources or staff (or stamps, apparently...please can I have my membership card now?), but credit is certainly due to its marketing department if they can thrash out big deals with Spanish and Chinese companies alike.

The best thing to do would be to have Ma drive in Singapore and Japan, racs that Chinese fans could easily get to, with Clos driving in all the other races except for India, where Cucumber would drive.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

Something I've been wondering and can't find anything about - do Thesan own any companies other than HRT?
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

GwilymJJames wrote:Something I've been wondering and can't find anything about - do Thesan own any companies other than HRT?

I know they own at least one more company just can't think of the name...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:Tapping into the Asian market is something F1 has been trying to do for years; Alex Yoong, for example, is a great example of this. There is some Asian money in Caterham, but of course that's more down to the fact that Tony Fernandes owns the team and heads up AirAsia too.

But there again, although his parents remained in Malaysia, Tony Fernandes is English-educated - he went to Epsom College, a boarding school in Surrey, to the south-west of London (5 miles from the Royal London Borough of Kingston-on-Thames). And his early business career was by working alongside Richard Branson (so I learnt when he returned to my old school to give a talk).
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

cbbcisace wrote:
GwilymJJames wrote:Something I've been wondering and can't find anything about - do Thesan own any companies other than HRT?

I know they own at least one more company just can't think of the name...

They own Pizza Marzano (unknown Pizza-store chain to me), some small audiovisual company and Tiendas Aurgi, which is a known auto parts lowcost store chain around Madrid (got my brake pads and oil changed there for less than 70€!!!)
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Promoting Clos to the second seat would be a wise decision. Pedro would tutor him surely and since they're both Spanish, there wouldn't be any language barriers. They would be the perfect example of master and student.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Shizuka wrote:Promoting Clos to the second seat would be a wise decision. Pedro would tutor him surely and since they're both Spanish, there wouldn't be any language barriers. They would be the perfect example of master and student.

It could be one of the strongest pairings next year, despite being at the back.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

AdrianSutil wrote:
Shizuka wrote:Promoting Clos to the second seat would be a wise decision. Pedro would tutor him surely and since they're both Spanish, there wouldn't be any language barriers. They would be the perfect example of master and student.

It could be one of the strongest pairings next year, despite being at the back.

I think it is possible, it would be good for the team.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

http://sports.ndtv.com/formula-1/news/i ... 013-season

Bit of Optimism from Narain saying he "hopes" to stay with the team in 2013.

No chance in my opinion.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

cbbcisace wrote:http://sports.ndtv.com/formula-1/news/item/196690-narain-karthikeyan-hopes-to-stay-with-hrt-for-2013-season

No chance in my opinion.

More chance of Mr. Party Animal Nick Heidfeld winning a race.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

redbulljack14 wrote:
cbbcisace wrote:http://sports.ndtv.com/formula-1/news/item/196690-narain-karthikeyan-hopes-to-stay-with-hrt-for-2013-season

No chance in my opinion.

More chance of Mr. Party Animal Nick Heidfeld winning a race.

For Narain to mention it this early in the season, must know he is leaving the team :)
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

Chief Designer
HRT Formula One Team
June 2012 – Present (4 months) Madrid, Spain

Chief Designer responsible for car design plus complete set-up and management of Design Office.

That is Mark Tatham's profile on linked in, quite interesting as I have been told at technical people are now based in Madrid not Germany.
Eryx

Post by Eryx »

Do you think next year is when HRT will A) Qualify for Australia B)Outqualify Marussia on a more permanent basis? C)Possibly push caterham a tad. . .i dont think there anywhere near close to outqualifying them unless they produce a miracle car. . .but they can get close :)

HRT are like minardi in so many ways.
Beauty is in the eye of the Badoer. :D
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

Eryx wrote:Do you think next year is when HRT will A) Qualify for Australia B)Outqualify Marussia on a more permanent basis? C)Possibly push caterham a tad. . .i dont think there anywhere near close to outqualifying them unless they produce a miracle car. . .but they can get close :)

Yes on all three, but that's my HRT bias :P
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

cbbcisace wrote:
Eryx wrote:Do you think next year is when HRT will A) Qualify for Australia B)Outqualify Marussia on a more permanent basis? C)Possibly push caterham a tad. . .i dont think there anywhere near close to outqualifying them unless they produce a miracle car. . .but they can get close :)

Yes on all three, but that's my HRT bias :P

I swear you haven't posted outside of this thread
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?