Your Reject of the Race - China

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
XurizManson

Re: Your Reject of the Race - China

Post by XurizManson »

I´ll go with the brazilian f1 broadcasting: Piquet Jr. for ROTR.
rffp

Post by rffp »

ROTR: BMW Sauber, gave up on the 2008 title race to develop their 2009 car with KERS so they could have an exciting and fierce dispute for 14th place with Force India!
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Here's another factoid to support Ferrari's ROTR bid: If they go one more race with no points, then they'll have scored fewer points than SOOPA AGURI did in 2007 at this stage of the season.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
NosPhantom28

Post by NosPhantom28 »

The Reject of the Race was none other than the Mechanics of Renault, for not having that nifty trolly for the nosecones that Toyota did, when it was incredibly obvious that Nelsinho was going to need it.
captainhappy

Post by captainhappy »

Jamie and EYTL will have to dig deep to find ROTR here, no one really put their hand up. Maybe SB.
I wake up in the morning and piss excellence
StoneColdSpider

Post by StoneColdSpider »

ImissJORDAN wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Robert Kubica - for trying to mate his BMW with Trulli's Toyota

Imagine the offspring. Red, blue AND white?? :lol:

hmmm Red, White and Blue baby car...
sounds like a USGPE Car to me ;)
Im a sarcastic perverted tourist robbing Australian convict

"I want to grab Nick Fry and beat 3 shades of *BEEP* out of him
and have him rotating slowly over a spit!"
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

captainhappy wrote:Jamie and EYTL will have to dig deep to find ROTR here, no one really put their hand up. Maybe SB.

Almost half the field put their hand up! It was a race full of reject goodness.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

BMW for having a poor race and deciding to get revenge on a rival car company who are part of the diffuser trio by crashing into Trulli and Glock.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

I don't think that was intentional.

Or very funny.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

ImissJORDAN wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Robert Kubica - for trying to mate his BMW with Trulli's Toyota

Imagine the offspring. Red, blue AND white?? :lol:

"And that's how we can get USF1 GP team in Formula One!" :lol:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

rffp wrote:ROTR: BMW Sauber, gave up on the 2008 title race to develop their 2009 car with KERS so they could have an exciting and fierce dispute for 14th place with Force India!

+1!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

After som rethink, I'm posting a reject podium. I no longer deem Kubica to be the absoulte reject of this race. Still, he did brake very late in that corner. So my podium is as follows:

3. Robert Kubica - for trying to mate his BMW with Trulli's Toyota
2. Crashajima and Hamilton - even if this is called "F1 Circus", it doesn't mean you have to be in a carousel!
1. Nelson Piquet Jr. - declared a personal vendetta on nosecones
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Nuppiz wrote:After som rethink, I'm posting a reject podium. I no longer deem Kubica to be the absoulte reject of this race. Still, he did brake very late in that corner. So my podium is as follows:

3. Robert Kubica - for trying to mate his BMW with Trulli's Toyota
2. Crashajima and Hamilton - even if this is called "F1 Circus", it doesn't mean you have to be in a carousel!
1. Nelson Piquet Jr. - declared a personal vendetta on nosecones

It was only until I saw the race to the end that I realized how dismal was Lewis' showing: faster than Kovalainen and Raikkonen, he kept on being passed by them after endless spins. Not good. I still believe Bourdais gets the cup, though. He was simply too slow in a car that proved to be the class of the field.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

I don't know ... he was doing pretty well until he spun it down at the hairpin. But then, just about everybody messed it up at some point, except maybe Vettel and Button. The ignomity of being upstaged by the rookie Buemi in both qualifying and the race is what will hrt Bourdais, if not the knowledge that he's only really there for the sake of continuity.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Captain Hammer wrote:I don't know ... he was doing pretty well until he spun it down at the hairpin. But then, just about everybody messed it up at some point, except maybe Vettel and Button. The ignomity of being upstaged by the rookie Buemi in both qualifying and the race is what will hrt Bourdais, if not the knowledge that he's only really there for the sake of continuity.

Agreed. Either Buemi's on the way to prove the next Vettel - in which case Bourdais is simply outclassed - or he's being beat by a run-of-the-mill rookie by the third race...
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
noisebox

Post by noisebox »

Captain Hammer wrote:I don't know ... he was doing pretty well until he spun it down at the hairpin. But then, just about everybody messed it up at some point, except maybe Vettel and Button. The ignomity of being upstaged by the rookie Buemi in both qualifying and the race is what will hrt Bourdais, if not the knowledge that he's only really there for the sake of continuity.

Button had a straight on moment at one of the slower corners which let Webber past.
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Ah, that's right. It was past midnight when I saw it, so my mind isn't too clear as to the details.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

noisebox wrote:

Button had a straight on moment at one of the slower corners which let Webber past.

It was at the hairpin at the end of the looooooong back straight from memory. I'm pretty sure he locked a brake and went straight on into the massive runoff area
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
wombat

Post by wombat »

Been mulling over this all day and I'd like to propose a somewhat controversial reject of the race - Mark Webber

Looks like he arranged for Seb 3 to run into Seb 2 - in much the same way that Seb 2 ran into Webber in Japan, but Seb 3 couldn't make it stick.

If you gonna hire a hit man you've got to be sure they can do the job
---------------------------------------------------
going bacwards up the escape road at Amaroo park hillclimb in a Brabham Holbay is enough to convince you that you are a F1 (or F3) reject
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

wombat wrote:Looks like he arranged for Seb 3 to run into Seb 2 - in much the same way that Seb 2 ran into Webber in Japan, but Seb 3 couldn't make it stick.

What the hell!?
runningboots

Post by runningboots »

I nominate Adrian Sutil. Threw away a points finish for VJM and a lead in the "who survives at Force India for next year" battle. After Monaco last year, is he a magnet for bad luck ?
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

runningboots wrote:I nominate Adrian Sutil. Threw away a points finish for VJM and a lead in the "who survives at Force India for next year" battle. After Monaco last year, is he a magnet for bad luck ?

Over-driving rubbish cars. When it rains, the differences are smaller, so he gets a chance to compensate, but does it by over-driving the thing.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
rffp

Post by rffp »

There should be also a honorable mention to the Chinese GP organizers that played the English anthem instead of the Austrian one!
Chilled Phill

Post by Chilled Phill »

rffp wrote:There should be also a honorable mention to the Chinese GP organizers that played the English anthem instead of the Austrian one!

Good spot, actually. I was wondering the same thing, myself. :|

My RotR has to be Renault. Annoying throughout the week claiming that this diffuser was 100% illegal and yet was developing their own diffuser for China, contradiction anyone? One can argue that they were playing safe but when you claim you're 100% sure that this technology is illegal why develop it? Race day, poor strategy (with the benefit of hindsight) with Alonso cost him dearly and the less about about Flavio Briatore and Nelson Piquet Jr. the better
ZBF1

Post by ZBF1 »

has to be flav for his stupid prerace bitchin bout Brawn GP and the money

and basicly just for being flav in general
LukeB

Post by LukeB »

I'm not sure Piquets drive was that much more shambolic then many others, though at this point he qualifies as a ROTR contender under the Yuji Ide rule.
Making up the numbers
runningboots

Post by runningboots »

Chilled Phill wrote:
rffp wrote:There should be also a honorable mention to the Chinese GP organizers that played the English anthem instead of the Austrian one!

My RotR has to be Renault. Annoying throughout the week claiming that this diffuser was 100% illegal and yet was developing their own diffuser for China, contradiction anyone? One can argue that they were playing safe but when you claim you're 100% sure that this technology is illegal why develop it? Race day, poor strategy (with the benefit of hindsight) with Alonso cost him dearly and the less about about Flavio Briatore and Nelson Piquet Jr. the better

That's about playing the game. Not saying it is nice or morally sounds, but they would be idiots not to.

On the music front, isn't it to do with the nationality that the team assumes. For example, Benetton used to be British but then decided to be Italian (96, 97 ?). Red Bull might be classed as British. What anthem did they play for STR at Monza ?
noisebox

Post by noisebox »

runningboots wrote:On the music front, isn't it to do with the nationality that the team assumes. For example, Benetton used to be British but then decided to be Italian (96, 97 ?). Red Bull might be classed as British. What anthem did they play for STR at Monza ?

They played the Italian. It was just like old times - German driver, Italian team!
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
rffp

Post by rffp »

Dietrich Mateschitz has said "I was surprised and I wondered why they played the British anthem. It was a mistake. This should not happen again. But we will give the FIA some more opportunities to get it right in the future!"

So, I still believe something was wrong at the podium cerimony.
Sitorimon

Post by Sitorimon »

My reject nominee if Flav's dodgy ramblings don't get top spot is KERS and the fact only three drivers bothered with it out of the potential 8 cars that could have it. I think everyone was expecting major blasting down the back straight and it just didn't happen.
My FSR League team is F1-Reject sponsored!!!
BackMarker Brigade - 11GPs, 4DNQ's, 2Pts Finishes!
runningboots

Post by runningboots »

rffp wrote:Dietrich Mateschitz has said "I was surprised and I wondered why they played the British anthem. It was a mistake. This should not happen again. But we will give the FIA some more opportunities to get it right in the future!"

So, I still believe something was wrong at the podium cerimony.

No more wrong that the Monza one for STR then ?
rffp

Post by rffp »

runningboots wrote:No more wrong that the Monza one for STR then ?

Well, Mateschitz didn't complain there!
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

runningboots wrote:
Chilled Phill wrote:

That's about playing the game. Not saying it is nice or morally sounds, but they would be idiots not to.

On the music front, isn't it to do with the nationality that the team assumes. For example, Benetton used to be British but then decided to be Italian (96, 97 ?). Red Bull might be classed as British. What anthem did they play for STR at Monza ?

As far as I can tell, they seem to operate on the assumption of where the team is based unless they're told otherwise. Jordan's victory in 1998 got "God Save the Queen" once, for both Hill and the team. Eddie subsequently requested and got "Amhrain na bFhiann" at France & Italy in '99. Now, why the FIA just couldn't ask teams which one when they start...
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Enforcer wrote:Now, why the FIA just couldn't ask teams which one when they start...

Because, if they assumed STR or Force India might win a race and ask them, everyone would simply laugh their heads off...

Seriously, it's probably a question of where the team's address is, unless specified otherwise.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
rffp

Post by rffp »

Enforcer wrote:As far as I can tell, they seem to operate on the assumption of where the team is based unless they're told otherwise.

In the 2006 Hungarian GP, they played the Japanese anthem for the Honda victory, and they were based, of course, in Brackley!
If I am not wrong, Renault is based at Enstone, UK, where the Toleman team was based, and the French anthem is played when they win.
Besides, if Trulli or Glock wins, I believe they will play the Japanese anthem for Toyota and not the German one.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

rffp wrote:
Enforcer wrote:As far as I can tell, they seem to operate on the assumption of where the team is based unless they're told otherwise.

In the 2006 Hungarian GP, they played the Japanese anthem for the Honda victory, and they were based, of course, in Brackley!
If I am not wrong, Renault is based at Enstone, UK, where the Toleman team was based, and the French anthem is played when they win.
Besides, if Trulli or Glock wins, I believe they will play the Japanese anthem for Toyota and not the German one.

... unless specified otherwise...
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Jack O Malley

Post by Jack O Malley »

My ROTR is the whole Renault Team.

Alonso, for having an absolutely dull race after qualifying 2nd.
Briatore, for speaking without brain connected.
Nelsinho, well... 'nuff said!

Ferrari... they are racing for ROTY!
Sorry guys, I had a little outing.
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

To be honest, it was an understandable error. I was expecting "God Save the Queen" when the podium celebration started since I knew Red Bull to be Jaguar/Stewart and just assumed they were listed as an English team. It wasn't until I read this thread that I realized Mateschitz might want it to be an Austrian team.

So does each Grand Prix provide their band, or is there a traveling FIA band? It would be interesting if they got a band that was composed of various musically talented members of the teams.
wombat

Post by wombat »

Better than Alan Jones. When he won his first F1 race, they did not have a copy of Advance Australia Fair, so they grabbed a trumpet player from the crowd who played Happy Birthday
---------------------------------------------------
going bacwards up the escape road at Amaroo park hillclimb in a Brabham Holbay is enough to convince you that you are a F1 (or F3) reject
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

Not sure if its fair to give ROTR to any of the drivers. If I'd been in one of those cars I have parked it after the first corner and run home with brown trousers to cry to mummy. :cry:

All of these guys are incredibly brave to go out in these conditions and incredibly talented to have kept the cars on the track for most of the race.

Which I think leaves Flavas the strong favorite.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"