BATracer

Archive for the three above subforums
thehemogoblin

Re: BATracer

Post by thehemogoblin »

tristan1117 wrote:Update (4th November 2009): The website is expected to return within approx. the next 24 hours.

It appears the site will be back up soon, but I don't know whether the Ferrari name will be off the site from now on.

They could just be like Life and turn the prancing horse around.
Enrique Bernoldi

Post by Enrique Bernoldi »

It'll be interesting to see what they'll do to remedy the situation. It would be extremely disappointing to see the Ferrari name disappear from all the carsets - perhaps the boys in red will come to their senses and realise how petty this whole situation is. I must say I was rather annoyed when I saw the message on the home page because I'd literally only just got hold of kool tools the night before! :evil:
Supporting the guys at the back since 1999. :)
Tealy

Post by Tealy »

Enrique Bernoldi wrote:It'll be interesting to see what they'll do to remedy the situation. It would be extremely disappointing to see the Ferrari name disappear from all the carsets - perhaps the boys in red will come to their senses and realise how petty this whole situation is. I must say I was rather annoyed when I saw the message on the home page because I'd literally only just got hold of kool tools the night before! :evil:

Its much worse than that. Formula 1 has gone!!!

To be honest I think I'll stop playing Batracer now, all I did was play the F1 carsets and now they've all gone and all records of old games gone too. I was winning an F1 2005 game about half way through and thats gone as well.

God I HATE Ferrari.
Enrique Bernoldi

Tealy wrote:
Enrique Bernoldi wrote:It'll be interesting to see what they'll do to remedy the situation. It would be extremely disappointing to see the Ferrari name disappear from all the carsets - perhaps the boys in red will come to their senses and realise how petty this whole situation is. I must say I was rather annoyed when I saw the message on the home page because I'd literally only just got hold of kool tools the night before! :evil:

Its much worse than that. Formula 1 has gone!!!

To be honest I think I'll stop playing Batracer now, all I did was play the F1 carsets and now they've all gone and all records of old games gone too. I was winning an F1 2005 game about half way through and thats gone as well.

God I HATE Ferrari.

Perhaps they'll make new carsets but omitt the Ferrari team from all of them, although this would confuse new players immensely.

I'm going to continue playing since I've just payed for Kool Tools. GP2...yeah....
Liam44

Post by Liam44 »

Hey guys,

New to the site, been a long time podcaster and finally decided to join the forum. Mind if i join the series? Seems like a bit of fun. :D

Liam.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Liam44 wrote:New to the site, been a long time podcaster and finally decided to join the forum. Mind if i join the series? Seems like a bit of fun. :D
Even if you play BATracer, the original series has long since died. I think. I killed it after someone decided to ignore the rules. And even if it's up and running again, the problem is that all of the Formula One carsets have been temporarily removed - Ferrari didn't like the site using their image and so sent a cease-and-desist notice. The carsets will be re-added eventually, but it will still be some time.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Yeah, I signed up too, already a member of F1 Rejects clan.
I seem to be quite good at it too. Won my first race yesterday and on Pole for tomorrow :D
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

I signed up as well, and within two days, they renamed EVERYTHING, so that my Renault Clio in the BTCC is now a Reno Leo in the 'British Tourers'. Oh well, I'm still enjoying it, the novelty hasn't worn off yet.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

I'm waiting for the day when Ferrari notices GPM2 and all of its mods...

Back to the topic, I might re-join BATracer in the next few days, depending on my schedule. Although I have an itch that it won't work out any better than before. :|
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Nuppiz wrote:I'm waiting for the day when Ferrari notices GPM2 and all of its mods...

Back to the topic, I might re-join BATracer in the next few days, depending on my schedule. Although I have an itch that it won't work out any better than before. :|

It was originally licensed though wasn't it? And it's not online - it's saved on computers, so the most they could do probably would be to shut down GPM2world.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

shinji wrote:It was originally licensed though wasn't it? And it's not online - it's saved on computers, so the most they could do probably would be to shut down GPM2world.

Originally licensed yes - for the 1996 season, and even then only the championship drivers (par Jacques Villeneuve, who had licensing issues) and teams. So all of the new drivers, teams, sponsors and suppliers we've added are there kind of illegally. But, I still fail to recognize how that could hurt the respective entities. :)
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Nuppiz wrote:
shinji wrote:It was originally licensed though wasn't it? And it's not online - it's saved on computers, so the most they could do probably would be to shut down GPM2world.

Originally licensed yes - for the 1996 season, and even then only the championship drivers (par Jacques Villeneuve, who had licensing issues) and teams. So all of the new drivers, teams, sponsors and suppliers we've added are there kind of illegally. But, I still fail to recognize how that could hurt the respective entities. :)

If it's not for profit, then they can't bitch.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

thehemogoblin wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:

If it's not for profit, then they can't bitch.

Yeah, BATracer would probaly have been grand were it not for having to pay for Kool Tools. That made it all about the money, man!
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

So shall we start another finish last game and see what happens? One game I have played which is more fun was the last place game where you get 10 points for last, 6 for 2nd last, 4 for 3rd last, 3 for 4th last,2 for 5th last and 1 for 6th last. However you only score points if you are still running, no points for a retirement even if you were 19 laps behind the person in second last. This stopped people from setting some settings too high and crashing so most drivers were safe and slow (like most pay drivers were). A bonus point is awarded to the person who can set the slowest qualifying lap, again you must set a time.

Hmm, I've just created one. Formula Nations, which requires another 15 players, do you think we can muster that. Remember to select a nation and your favourite reject or possible reject driver. Use wikipedia to find out the nationality of your driver. :)

http://batracer.com/-cj?&D&48779

Alternatively, you can select "private games" from the menu and enter the number "48779" into the box. The game password is "rejects". Take care not to accidentally join a public game by mistake.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

I have just joined up (well, discovered I made an account some time ago but never done anything with it!)

Just wondering when do they race? Is it a set day? Just ask as I work weekends...
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Collieafc wrote:I have just joined up (well, discovered I made an account some time ago but never done anything with it!)

Just wondering when do they race? Is it a set day? Just ask as I work weekends...

The races happen without you doing anything - they're generated.
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Ah ok, fair enough. Thanks for the heads up
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

How difficult is BATracer to play? I signed up recently but haven't done anything with it, but I'd be interested in giving this 'Formula Nations' on a go, for the lulz
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Well i just entered a BTCC one which is still needing members, so if your thinking on it... :P

Seems quite detailed though
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Valrys wrote:How difficult is BATracer to play? I signed up recently but haven't done anything with it, but I'd be interested in giving this 'Formula Nations' on a go, for the lulz

Not that hard. Basically, you just have to set up your car, driving style, pit strategy, etc. It's all on 0-100 sliders, and there's a bunch of guides in case you're stumped. Though if you want to play Formula Nations/A1GP , you'd better like having to play British Tourers/BTCC, as unless you pay for Kool Tools, you'll have to play Academy games until you get so much success, and achieve Pro status.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I hate the whole 'Cherry Picking' system.
I had a choice between a Peugeot 406, Honda Civic and Proton Impian, so of course I went for the Pug. Turns out the game turned it into the worst car in the field by miles!

Image Image
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Remember to think of Perry McCarthy in these situations. Even if the car is a dog, think of the excitement when your car gets into the heady heights of the top half of the middle of the field.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

SuperAguri wrote:Remember to think of Perry McCarthy in these situations. Even if the car is a dog, think of the excitement when your car gets into the heady heights of the top half of the middle of the field.

Roberto Moreno must have been wetting himself in excitement when he made it up to 19th place at Monaco...

Image Image
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

kostas22 wrote:I hate the whole 'Cherry Picking' system.
I had a choice between a Peugeot 406, Honda Civic and Proton Impian, so of course I went for the Pug. Turns out the game turned it into the worst car in the field by miles!

It's more fun that way. I'd rather play in a bad car and work towards getting good results than to pick up a good car and simply walk all over everyone with ease.

But then, I don't play anymore.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Captain Hammer wrote:

It's more fun that way. I'd rather play in a bad car and work towards getting good results than to pick up a good car and simply walk all over everyone with ease.

I just want to get past Academy status asap so when the F1 carsets get re-released, I'll be able to play as Forti right away :D

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

kostas22 wrote:
Captain Hammer wrote:

I just want to get past Academy status asap so when the F1 carsets get re-released, I'll be able to play as Forti right away :D

Unfortunately, there isn't a carset made yet that has Forti on it. You do have the Mastercard Lola in the 97 set, though.
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Unfortunately, there isn't a carset made yet that has Forti on it. You do have the Mastercard Lola in the 97 set, though.

Hell yeah! Lola it is then...

Image Image
Enrique Bernoldi

kostas22 wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Unfortunately, there isn't a carset made yet that has Forti on it. You do have the Mastercard Lola in the 97 set, though.

Or "Loller", as it's been renamed. Every team's been renamed - Ferrari are now...Team Wales! :D
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Enrique Bernoldi wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

Or "Loller", as it's been renamed. Every team's been renamed - Ferrari are now...Team Wales! :D

There is a Facebook group campaigning for an A1 GP Team Wales...
http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?v=w ... 6479823408
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Enrique Bernoldi wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

You can rename the teams back to their original form here.
Everything's great.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

After reading all of the F1 career threads and the F1RWRS I thought that it would be a good idea to have a F1 Rejects BATracer game. The F1 2010 carset will be used and it will be run with normal rules, not the "lose to win" rules that the previous attempts to run a series used. If there is enough interest than the series will be run.

Entrants
Real team name (in game team name)

McLaren (McLewis)
1 - Bleu
2 - Sauber010

Mercedes (Mernandez)
3 -
4 -

Red Bull (Red Bell)
5 - DonTirri
6 - Nuppiz

Ferrari (Team Wales)
7 -
8 -

Williams (Wallace)
9 - AndreaModa
10 - The Masked Lapwing

Renault (Reno)
11 - Wizzie
12 - tristan1117

Force India (Fierce Indians)
14 - thehemogoblin
15 -

Toro Rosso (Roro Tosso)
16 -
17 -

Lotus (Sotul)
18 -
19 -

Hispania Racing Team (Iberia Racing Team)
20 - Klon
21 -

BMW Sauber (Bauber)
22 - MinardiFan95
23 - Tealy

Virgin Racing (Maiden)
24 - baddriving50
25 -

*numbers used for illustration purposes only
Last edited by MinardiFan95 on 05 Nov 2010, 04:49, edited 13 times in total.
This is a cool spot.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

I'll take a seat at Renault thank you very much :mrgreen:

Interesting fact about my previous BATracer career:

I became somewhat infamous during my career because I used to be so damn unlikely.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Can I get the #14 Fierce Indians drive?
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Oooh, put me in the #10 "Wallace"
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

The game is now set up. I will start sending e-mails with game information soon.

EDIT: Can't e-mail the Masked Lapwing for some reason.
This is a cool spot.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Problem solved. Try again!
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:Problem solved. Try again!

E-mail sent.
This is a cool spot.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

I desire the HRT slot "#20".
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Meh, might aswell ressurrect my BATracer account. Put me up for the Red Bell no.5
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Yeah! Old account still working, and if occasional inactivity during weekends is not a problem, I'll join the series.

I'll take the #6 Red Bell to form a Finnish superteam. Sorta.

Or one of the Lotuses, if needed.