Your Reject Of The Race - Valencia

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

Your Reject Of The Race - Valencia

Post by Londoner »

Plenty of candidates lining up for this prestegious award after quali. For me, it has to go to Torro Rosso for being slower than Kovalainen on merit.

I'm not going to nominate Ferrari or Schumacher just yet, as the fact that they have an extra set of tyres may play into their hands come Sunday. Webber was clearly struggling out there, so I don't know...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
the Masked Lapwing

Re: Your Reject Of The Race - Valencia

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

STR at the moment. Could've been worse though, at least one of them made Q2.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

I'm gonna go with Marussia for not being prepared for the possibility that one driver may not be able to race.
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Too early to say. Although Webber and Ferrari have shot themseles in the foot on a track that isn't known for it's overtaking opportunities. Will be difficult for Massa and Webber to score more than 2-4 points tomorrow. Alonso in 11th is probably the best grid spot to have, other than pole. I can see him jumping Force India and Kobayashi during the firt round of stops.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:STR at the moment. Could've been worse though, at least one of them made Q2.

Yeah I'd say Toro Rosso are a good early shout. Can't see where they're going to go on race day to make it any better. Also Perez and Senna are quite far back from their teammates. Not a good showing from either of them.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

My vote for ROTQ goes to Webber for basically sodding himself in Q1. Honourary mention goes to Marussia for losing out to both HRTs in the qualifying session.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
TheBigJ

Post by TheBigJ »

Are Torro Rosso heading for ROTY? Or is Massa still providing healthy competition?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

JeremyMcClean wrote:My vote for ROTQ goes to Webber for basically sodding himself in Q1. Honourary mention goes to Marussia for losing out to both HRTs in the qualifying session.

Or Pic, seeing as Glock was ill...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

On the basis of that qualifying session, I think an honourable nominaton should be given out to F1 Rejects.com, because every single one of us was predicting a complete snorefest, and instead got one of the best qualifying sessions this season setting up a potentially interesting race. :shock: :?
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

My vote goes to Glock. Stop being a baby and get in the car!
Just For One Day...
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

I am not nominating him, I am just expressing my disappointment. Paul Di Resta, you still had another lap!!!
Say your prayers, here comes the Pastor
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

stupot94 wrote:I am not nominating him, I am just expressing my disappointment. Paul Di Resta, you still had another lap!!!

As much as I hate it when they consantly interview him on TV (did it again on Sky), I like him as a driver and I am rooting for a Di Resta win tomorrow. Or a Grosjean win. Or even a Maldonado win :D
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Not jumping to any conclusions yet. Last time I said Mark Webber for getting knocked out in Q1 (China last year) he came through to the podium and make me look an idiot. :)
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

James1978 wrote:Not jumping to any conclusions yet. Last time I said Mark Webber for getting knocked out in Q1 (China last year) he came through to the podium and make me look an idiot. :)

Plus, people have won from futhur back on the grid. Such as John Watson at the 1983 U.S. GP West. Although I don't think that would happen, especially on a track like Valencia, it would be nice to see. Which is why I don't do my nominations until the race is finished.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

East Londoner wrote:On the basis of that qualifying session, I think an honourable nominaton should be given out to F1 Rejects.com, because every single one of us was predicting a complete snorefest, and instead got one of the best qualifying sessions this season setting up a potentially interesting race. :shock: :?

In that case, let me award it to Sebastian Vettel for ruining the session. The ten-minute period was hard fought, with everyone taking tenths out of the others ... and then Vettel went out and lazily thrashed them by half a second.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Peter

Post by Peter »

I don't think it's fair to award it to Webber, because he suffered from mechanical problems with his car, which meant that he only managed one, very slow lap.
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

GwilymJJames wrote:I'm gonna go with Marussia for not being prepared for the possibility that one driver may not be able to race.

I agree with this. I guess they don't have a lot of choice considering the difficulty of a seat fitting, for example, but surely D'Ambrosio's in the paddock as the Lotus reserve driver.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Too early to call.

If Marussia cannot get Pic to finish ahead of the HRTs (which I highly doubt that it will happen!), then they will have the chance to take it in Valencia. HRT are doing better than Marussia despite having a smaller budget.

Webber might do a China 2011, so Mark is currently "exempt" in my eyes - if he flips this result over to a podium position, he cannot be the reject this time around.

Ferrari? Yes, they indeed had a "weak" (or unlucky?) qualifying session, the last time I remember them having a double-Q2 drop was in Melbourne, and even then Alonso binned it into the gravel trap, so this is a first. If at least Fernando cannot climb up into the top five (which I think he will do, having an extra set of fresh rubber...), while Massa scoring somewhere around 8th, they are going to be in contention.

Schumacher? I fear he is going to have yet another mechanical retirement, and if he will, the #3 reliability is a possible candidate to take it then.

Dead-beat Bruno? If he cannot raise the ante and score points today while Maldonado MIGHT even snare a podium, even Senna could take it.

So I can't nominate as of yet - we'll see.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

I nominate Williams PR department for this unintentionally funny press release claiming that Pastor Maldonado can fight at the front of the European Grand Prix.

"Fighting with other drivers" is certainly one of the more-accurate ways of describing Maldonado's driving style.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

Ed24 wrote:
GwilymJJames wrote:I'm gonna go with Marussia for not being prepared for the possibility that one driver may not be able to race.

I agree with this. I guess they don't have a lot of choice considering the difficulty of a seat fitting, for example, but surely D'Ambrosio's in the paddock as the Lotus reserve driver.

Agree as well. I mean HRT have 2 drivers on stand by! (Clos and Ma, okay the latter hasnt driven the care before). Or give Paffet a go!

Saying that, Id say the FIA would reject another driver comming in without prior knowledge of car and obviously no running throughout the weekend.

If the GP2 race is anything to go by, the F1 race could be a good one too!
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

As of right now after 9 laps, it has to be Vodafone McLaren Mercedes for pretty much giving Vettel an easy win and Button being generally useless yet again. And to think they had the best car at the start of the year
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

And just like that, Jean-Eric Vergne is now the favorite for the award.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Me for writing the race off as a Vettel benefit after five minutes
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Vergne.

The Race Directors for only throwing yellows when the Marshalls were clearing Vettel's car, that was as scary as it gets.
Message me on Discord.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Toro Rosso takes it for me. Vergne on Kovalainen was just ridiculous and Ricciardo can't expect Petrov to just give up, especially as the Caterham had the inside line
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

There is only one option:

LEWIS HAMILTON He blew it himself. Nobody else to blame.

Honorable mentions to Vergne and Lotus gearbox on the Grosjean car
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
Bob

Post by Bob »

Has to be Felipe Massa. Not only beaten by both Caterhams, but also by a Marussia. On merit. In a car his team mate won the race in :shock:
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

1. Kamui Kobayashi - This is what happens when you take aggression too far. Both incidents were his fault. Thank goodness for the penalty.
2. Lewis Hamilton - Threw away a P2 finish. Unlucky with the pit stop, but the collision was 100% his fault.

Honorable mentions:
* Jean-Eric Vergne - Seriously...
* The F1 Fanbase - For continuing to believe that the crash was Maldonado's fault. If Vettel or Maldonado are involved, it's always their fault, no matter what. And guess what - the majority can and WILL be wrong.

Bob wrote:Has to be Felipe Massa. Not only beaten by both Caterhams, but also by a Marussia. On merit. In a car his team mate won the race in :shock:

According to Ferrari's twitter his car took a great load of damage from the collision with Kobayashi. I'm surprised it didn't fall apart.
EDIT: Even more, the car had suffered damage to the rear around lap 6, costing Felipe a second a lap. Also according to Ferrari.
Last edited by Pamphlet on 25 Jun 2012, 19:17, edited 4 times in total.
Sticking his neck on the line, one post at a time. Oh, and Singapore is still better than Monaco.
Waris

Post by Waris »

Maldonado - I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Maldonado is the new Montoya: fast, hot-headed, a real racer but no manners.

Vergne - Now, he was just being silly.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Petrov for throwing Caterham's first points. :evil:

(Dis)Honorable mention to kostas22 for opening a duplicate IIDOTR thread.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Maldonado - latino heat kicked in again.
J Washburn Stoker

Post by J Washburn Stoker »

Captain Hammer wrote:I nominate Williams PR department for this unintentionally funny press release claiming that Pastor Maldonado can fight at the front of the European Grand Prix.

"Fighting with other drivers" is certainly one of the more-accurate ways of describing Maldonado's driving style.

Prophetic.
“The only way that engineer’s message could have been any scarier would have been if it had been delivered in the dark.”
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

So many potential candidates:
Whatever it was in Grosjean's car that broke - Damn you piece of machinery!
Maldonado/Hamilton - Hamilton should have left more room, Maldonado should have yielded once he got off track.

But the winner for me:

Jean-Eric Vergne - At last, a legitimate reason to nominate him! Spent the entire race behind both Caterhams, and when he did get in front he took himself out.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Minardi Man

Post by Minardi Man »

Mclaren
Vergne
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

I nominate myself for predicting race boring. Where's my humble pie?

Also, nominating some drivers:
Toro Rosso: Seriously, what is up with them hitting Caterham's cars!?
Hamilton: You pushed Maldonado OFF THE LINE, so expect the consequences, lad.
Senna: Nice one pushing Kobayashi into the wall...

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Hmm, lots of candidates here!!
Kobayashi - Sadly, way too over-aggressive. And it's likely he'll get a penalty for his "bump" on Massa as well.
Maldonado - Again, way too aggressive. He just won't quit, huh?
McLaren's pit crew - Seriously, I'm beginning to nominate them for ROTY if they don't act up!
Renault engines - Vettel's engine goes bang, then Grosjean's... I was a bit worried for Raikkonen and Webber there!
Kovalainen - "Extremely stubborn and suspicious..."
Caterham - Nominated for being desperately slow.
Massa - And what is he doing?
Last edited by Aerospeed on 24 Jun 2012, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Boomstick

Post by Boomstick »

Pastor Pastor Pastor......revenge for Monaco? :roll:

And my work, for making me get home 10 laps from the end of the race..... :evil: :evil: :x
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

I thought Vergne was a certainty mid-race, but I can't go past Maldonado in the end.

Bob wrote:Has to be Felipe Massa. Not only beaten by both Caterhams, but also by a Marussia. On merit. In a car his team mate won the race in :shock:

Not sure how it's on merit when he was smashed into and lost over a minute with a puncture?
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

JeremyMcClean wrote:Kobayashi - Sadly, way too over-aggressive. And it's likely he'll get a penalty for his "bump" on Massa as well.

Already got one. 5 place grid penalty for Silverstone.
Sticking his neck on the line, one post at a time. Oh, and Singapore is still better than Monaco.
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

3. Kobayashi
2. Felipe baby
1. SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010