2010 Driver Market

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Jordan

Re: 2010 Driver Market

Post by Jordan »

Will Nico be to Williams what Sebastien was to Toro Rosso?
"Grosjean has a great desire to turn around and look at the corner he's just gone through, too many times per lap or per session, he's always spinning that Renault"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Jordan wrote:Will Nico be to Williams what Sebastien was to Toro Rosso?

I don't think he is that bad...Bourdais never was a superstar driver anyway.
Or are we talking about Buemi here?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

kostas22 wrote:

The point is that Rosberg replaced by Hülkenberg, both named Nico.

Toro Rosso has had Bourdais, Buemi, Vettel (although his first name is slightly different) and of course there were rumours of Loeb.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

kostas22 wrote:

For that matter, which Nico?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

He's talking about the name in general, not any particular driver.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

thehemogoblin wrote:

He's talking about the name in general, not any particular driver.

Though I guess we'll see Nico Moninen driving a Williams in a few years then.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

thehemogoblin wrote:He's talking about the name in general, not any particular driver.

Ah. I probably should've caught that one.
Everything's great.
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

"I think I'd still be young enough that if I could win a championship by 25, go run Formula 1 for a few years and be back (in NASCAR) by 28."

I see he has the right attitude to go with the right experience to become a reject legend.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

LionZoo wrote:

"I think I'd still be young enough that if I could win a championship by 25, go run Formula 1 for a few years and be back (in NASCAR) by 28."

I see he has the right attitude to go with the right experience to become a reject legend.

My god, I do not see what they see in him. He is a terrible team player, terrible with media, and is prone to fits typically suited to toddlers.

Actually, he might just blend in
"Grosjean has a great desire to turn around and look at the corner he's just gone through, too many times per lap or per session, he's always spinning that Renault"
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

CarlosFerreira wrote:No, disagree. The bosses at Mercedes are serious, long term thinkers in terms of F1 (14 years and running). What they'll see is a long-standing relationship, amazing capacity and facilities, consistent experience at the very sharp end of the F1 paddock, versus a dominant half season.

Well, it sort of looked like that with BMW but one bad season and the accountants pulled the plug. Honda too, although to a (much) lesser degree

On saying that though Toyota are still here. It could have taken just one change of staff at the Merc offices and the new guy doesnt think much of F1, or has misguided values (Peugeot somewhat springs to mind here) or maybe because they find that Brawns name is likened to more recent success (yes there was 2008 drivers at McLaren but compared to 1999-2004 constructors which is what they are likely to be after). Or Brawn GP could be easier to deal with i.e not stuck in their ways... (or get involved in spygate scandals...)

Only an American team would consider a NASCAR driver for F1. I'm sensing US F1 to be the constructors version of Michael Andretti...
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Collieafc wrote:Only an American team would consider a NASCAR driver for F1. I'm sensing US F1 to be the constructors version of Michael Andretti...

Well, looking at the cars that Ken Anderson designed so far in F1, you might not be too far off the mark with that.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Jordan wrote:My god, I do not see what they see in him. He is a terrible team player, terrible with media, and is prone to fits typically suited to toddlers.

I'd love to see him in F1, just so I can point and laugh when he fails. Miserably. And then flees back to NASCAR.
Everything's great.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Jordan wrote:My god, I do not see what they see in him. He is a terrible team player, terrible with media, and is prone to fits typically suited to toddlers.

I'd love to see him in F1, just so I can point and laugh when he fails. Miserably. And then flees back to NASCAR.

The ironic part is that is the very thing they all said about Juan Pablo Montoya. And the same reason i'd love to see Danica Patrick try NASCAR as well. Does that make me a bad person?
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

I hope Kyle Busch brings that M&M sponsorship with him. It will be the best paint job ever :D
Waris

Post by Waris »

Kyle Busch would be a pretty good candidate for the title of 'American Yuji Ide'.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Oh, all of us cannot wait who will be "US F1 Idol".

But to be honest, I don't worry so much about the progress of USF1, but rather that Sauber make it onto the grid. They surely belong there.

Still, those old teams blocking their 14th entry might just be afraid that Sauber pull off "another Brawn" with their chassis for next year, besides trying to steal a sponsor or two, or one of the new teams trying to buy the next year's Sauber car at the last minute - maybe even because their own might not be ready for the 1st race.

BMW has really brought this team into disarray, which is only one reason why they should be getting ROTY for 2009, the others being their campaign for KERS and then dropping it early when it didn't deliver, having given up too early on Robert's championship chances only to give him a dog of a car this year, and their part in the whole FOTA breakaway threat.

They might not get the award because of Briatore and the Piquets though, who might get to share the award in the end for counter-suing each other out of F1.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

But they're not really Sauber. BMW kept the Sauber name even after Peter Sauber sold his stake in the team.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
homerbhoy

Post by homerbhoy »

I see Hulkenberg is almost certain to join Rubinho at Williams

Not to surprise but it all seems to be falling into place.

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954, ... 52,00.html
Jordan192

Post by Jordan192 »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:And then flees back to NASCAR.

I don't care who or how, I just want to be able to use my "Don't let the door Bump Draft you on the way out" line again.
I coined the term "Lewisteria". The irony is that I actually quite like Lewis Hamilton.
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Rosberg's confirmed what we already knew: he's leaving Williams.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 331563.stm
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Warren Hughes wrote:Rosberg's confirmed what we already knew: he's leaving Williams.

What that tells me is, Mercedes is deciding where its long term future lies, and whichever team they choose, is where Rosberg will go. So don't rule out McLaren just yet...

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

kostas22 wrote:
Warren Hughes wrote:Rosberg's confirmed what we already knew: he's leaving Williams.

What that tells me is, Mercedes is deciding where its long term future lies, and whichever team they choose, is where Rosberg will go. So don't rule out McLaren just yet...

I reckon whichever team Rosberg doesn't go to will probably hire a German driver of their own to try and keep Mercedes happy, probably Glock or Sutil. If Rosberg winds up at McLaren, my money's on Glock to Brawn; I think Ross would prefer a safer driver like Glock than a more accident-prone one like Sutil.
Everything's great.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Glock to Renault? http://twitter.com/Jamesallenonf1/status/5256789272

I don't know what German media it is, but I've come to trust James Allen.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

shinji wrote:Glock to Renault? http://twitter.com/Jamesallenonf1/status/5256789272

I don't know what German media it is, but I've come to trust James Allen.

Autosport is reporting the same on the end of the "Kimi to McLaren" piece:

The team is understood to have offered both Jarno Trulli and Timo Glock deals for next year, but it is looking likely that both will leave – Trulli potentially for Lotus with Glock closing in on a deal with Renault.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79831
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

McLaren's Heikki Kovalainen could be one option for Toyota, with Force India's Adrian Sutil also being linked in connection with the team. Japanese Kamui Kobayashi will also put himself firmly in the frame if he impresses again this weekend, following an encouraging debut in Brazil.

Sutil AND Kobayashi in the same team? Formula 1 destruction derby! :lol:
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Reports out of Spain once again suggest a Senna/de la Rosa lineup at Campos.

Wait, this is Spain we're talking about. Why am I even reporting it?
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Captain Hammer wrote:Reports out of Spain once again suggest a Senna/de la Rosa lineup at Campos.

Wait, this is Spain we're talking about. Why am I even reporting it?

The Spanish journalists were right about Alonso. Waaaaaaaaaay sooner than you.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

thehemogoblin wrote:The Spanish journalists were right about Alonso. Waaaaaaaaaay sooner than you.

The Spanish journalists claimed Alonso had signed on as early as May and have been hammering away at it since Alonso left McLaren. When Alonso was finally announced, the Ferrari press release made it clear that he'd only signed on a few days previously, and only because circumstances had played out the right way.

The Spanish get half a point at most. They'd been working on this one for three years, and althought they were eventually right in saying the Alonso would go to Ferrari, their claims that the deal had been signed were so obviously wrong that they don't get credit.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Captain Hammer wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:The Spanish journalists were right about Alonso. Waaaaaaaaaay sooner than you.

The Spanish journalists claimed Alonso had signed on as early as May and have been hammering away at it since Alonso left McLaren. When Alonso was finally announced, the Ferrari press release made it clear that he'd only signed on a few days previously, and only because circumstances had played out the right way.

The Spanish get half a point at most. They'd been working on this one for three years, and althought they were eventually right in saying the Alonso would go to Ferrari, their claims that the deal had been signed were so obviously wrong that they don't get credit.

If anything I was more right than the Spanish Journos. I had said about 3 months ago, Alonso signed a deal for 2011 with Ferrari. Which was originally the plan anyway. But because of the race-fixing scandal, it was brought forward to 2010.

Kostas22 1, Spanish Journalists 0.

Image Image
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Apparently, Team USF1 will be having their European base at the Spanish circuit Motorland Aragon.
This roadsign might give a hint who might be the experienced driver who will partner USF1 Idol next season:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Campos are not going for two Spanish drivers, or even two Spanish-speakers!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79879

By the way, it's Senna!!!!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Yannick wrote:Apparently, Team USF1 will be having their European base at the Spanish circuit Motorland Aragon.
This roadsign might give a hint who might be the experienced driver who will partner USF1 Idol next season:

Yes please. Him + HWNSNBM + Life W12 engines = Epic.

Image Image
homerbhoy

Post by homerbhoy »

My New Predictions what do you think

Brawn - Mercedes
1 Jenson Button
2 Nico Rosberg

Red Bull Racing - Renault
3 Sebastian Vettel
4 Mark Webber

McLaren - Mercedes
5 Lewis Hamilton
6 Kimi Raikkonen

Scuderia Ferrari
7 Felipe Massa
8 Fernando Alonso

Toyota
9 Kamui Kobayashi
10 Heikki Kovalainen

Williams - Cosworth
11 Rubens Barrichello
12 Nico Hülkenberg

Renault
14 Robert Kubica
15 Timo Glock

Scuderia Toro Rosso - Ferrari
16 Brendan Hartley
17 Sebastien Buemi

Force 1ndia - Mercedes
18 Nick Heidfeld
19 Adrian Sutil

Campos - Dallara - Cosworth
20 Lucas Di Grassi
21 Bruno Senna

Manor - Wirth - Cosworth
22 Anthony Davidson
23 Pedro De La Rosa

Team US F1 - USF1 - Cosworth
24 Jacques Villenueve
25 Marco Andretti

Lotus F1 - Cosworth
26 Jarno Trulli
27 Vitaly Petrov

Hope Sauber are allowed to join but doubt it.
Last edited by homerbhoy on 31 Oct 2009, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

homerbhoy wrote:My New Predictions what do you think

Brawn - Mercedes
1 Jenson Button
2 Nico Rosenberg

Nico has become Jewish? :)
Debaser

Post by Debaser »

Heidfeld is driving for both Manor and Force India??? Wow, maybe's the new HWNSNBM in that he has magic powers...
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

dr-baker wrote:Campos are not going for two Spanish drivers, or even two Spanish-speakers!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79879

By the way, it's Senna!!!!

Hold your horses - nothing is confirmed. All we know is that Bruno will be racing next season, but we don't know who it's for. That article is taking a huge assumption in its stride.

Yannick wrote:Apparently, Team USF1 will be having their European base at the Spanish circuit Motorland Aragon.

Ah, Aragon. Herman Tilke's finest track ... and unfortunately, one that was never intended to host Grand Prix races. It was built to be an FIA Grade 2 circuit from the outset.

I'm not seeing who the hint might be referring to, but USF1 have planned a European base in Spain for some time. They were originally going to share with Epsilon Euskadi in Basque country, but evidently that's not happeneing (probably because Euskadi were in the running for Sauber's slot).
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

BREAKING NEWS: Senna to Campos next season confirmed
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79887
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Damn, you beat me to it.

Mind you, I got the Wikipedia edits.
homerbhoy

Post by homerbhoy »

Debaser wrote:Heidfeld is driving for both Manor and Force India??? Wow, maybe's the new HWNSNBM in that he has magic powers...

ok i done it when i was a bit tired, although heidfeld drive was a guess. I do hope he stays with Sauber and they get the 14th drive
homerbhoy

Post by homerbhoy »

fjackdaw wrote:
homerbhoy wrote:My New Predictions what do you think

Brawn - Mercedes
1 Jenson Button
2 Nico Rosenberg

Nico has become Jewish? :)

Nah he has become the owner of a Norwegian football Team