Rantbox

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Re: Rantbox

Post by WeirdKerr »

Vepe wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:
East Londoner wrote:Hello, F1 Producers. I don't want to see countless replays of the start at every bloody race, especially if nothing significant had happened. Sort it out.

And I don't want to see the reactions of some stupid celebrity just because she happens to be Hammy's girlfriend.

+1 to Londoner and Nuppiz

Also, when there is a yellow flag, even for a while, I would like to see why it was there.

A caption from race control along the the lines of "car x has left track at turn y and stopped"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Vepe wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:
East Londoner wrote:Hello, F1 Producers. I don't want to see countless replays of the start at every bloody race, especially if nothing significant had happened. Sort it out.

And I don't want to see the reactions of some stupid celebrity just because she happens to be Hammy's girlfriend.

+1 to Londoner and Nuppiz

Also, when there is a yellow flag, even for a while, I would like to see why it was there.

WeirdKerr wrote:A caption from race control along the the lines of "car x has left track at turn y and stopped"

I second all of these motions.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

Vepe wrote:Also, when there is a yellow flag, even for a while, I would like to see why it was there.

For once, it was pretty well covered today.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

QuickYoda41 wrote:
Vepe wrote:Also, when there is a yellow flag, even for a while, I would like to see why it was there.

For once, it was pretty well covered today.

That's because not a lot happened. Massa spun, Karthikeyen spun then retired, Ricciardo spun.

In a 70-lap race, even the producers couldn't bathplug that up. 4 'incidents' isn't hard to cover. I agree with all the points a few posts above me. The endless start replays waste nearly a lap of actual racing.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dr-baker wrote:
Vepe wrote:+1 to Londoner and Nuppiz

WeirdKerr wrote:A caption from race control along the the lines of "car x has left track at turn y and stopped"

I second all of these motions.

Me too. It baffles me because it is all pretty straight forward things.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

For the starts, I absolutely agree with you. Yesterday's start was especially eventless, still we saw it several times.

My own rants:

- Okay, Schumacher is unlucky this year, we understand it. Can we pleeease move on? (Or is it just the Hungarian broadcast in which this is the topic in every second lap?)
- Why do keep people compare the Marussia drivers' (esp. Glock's) performance to the Caterhams'? In Canada, even the HRT seemed quicker than the Marussia, while the Caterham has already reached the back of the pack.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

QuickYoda41 wrote:Okay, Schumacher is unlucky this year, we understand it. Can we pleeease move on? (Or is it just the Hungarian broadcast in which this is the topic in every second lap?)

I think this is because mainly Dániel Mezei is a fan of Schumacher. Still, I have to say the m1 broadcast is better than the RTL Klub's ever was. However, putting an ad in, when an overtake was on screen (I think it was Hamilton... dunno, the ad was on lap 61) is fairly annoying.

I totally agree with you not showing why actually we get yellow flags most of the times. It's very frustrating to see that it's yellow, but no footage ever shown why. This is the case almost everywhere.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Shizuka wrote:I totally agree with you not showing why actually we get yellow flags most of the times. It's very frustrating to see that it's yellow, but no footage ever shown why. This is the case almost everywhere.

It's really odd that it's happened, in years past I remember the TV director would almost always show what causes yellow flags.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

Just a few years ago, we didn't get the quick indication of the yellow flags, the director could decide whether a spin/mistake was worth showing. Now we get the yellow sign immediately, even if someone just runs wide. So, it's a difficult issue, even if I agree with you, not knowing what the yellows are out for is quite frustrating.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I believe the yellow flag indicator is tied up with the flashing lights on the circuit.
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

QuickYoda41 wrote:- Why do keep people compare the Marussia drivers' (esp. Glock's) performance to the Caterhams'? In Canada, even the HRT seemed quicker than the Marussia, while the Caterham has already reached the back of the pack.

I think it's reasonable to compare the three 'new' teams with each other, as they are the only three teams in the same situation, and if Caterham have caught up it should be asked why Marussia and HRT cannot.

Now my point:

The current Lotus team was founded in 1981, NOT 1958. The current Mercedes team started in 1968 NOT 1954. Lotus's last podium before Bahrain was 2011 Malaysia, NOT 1988 Australia; Mercedes' last win before China was 2009 Italy, NOT 1955 Italy. I don't see why teams should get someone else's history just because they've got their name glued on. [This is more of an annoyance with Lotus than with Mercedes]
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

GwilymJJames wrote:Now my point:

The current Lotus team was founded in 1981, NOT 1958. The current Mercedes team started in 1968 NOT 1954. Lotus's last podium before Bahrain was 2011 Malaysia, NOT 1988 Australia; Mercedes' last win before China was 2009 Italy, NOT 1955 Italy. I don't see why teams should get someone else's history just because they've got their name glued on. [This is more of an annoyance with Lotus than with Mercedes]

The current 'Lotus' have history with Benetton and Renault, who had already been a team before themselves. The current 'Mercedes' also has historical significance as Tyrrell, so it's not like they don't have their own history to coast on.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

redbulljack14 wrote:
GwilymJJames wrote:Now my point:

The current 'Lotus' have history with Benetton and Renault, who had already been a team before themselves. The current 'Mercedes' also has historical significance as Tyrrell, so it's not like they don't have their own history to coast on.

That's his point. They could use that, but they chose to ignore it because the ignoramus causal fan wouldn't understand it Image
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Well, the Lotus team itself appears to take their history as it is. As far as Mercedes go, it is absolutely proper to use the 50's historical version instead of Tyrrell's history, since we are indeed talking about one and the same company for both entries.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Klon wrote:Well, the Lotus team itself appears to take their history as it is. As far as Mercedes go, it is absolutely proper to use the 50's historical version instead of Tyrrell's history, since we are indeed talking about one and the same company for both entries.

Agreed. Lotus bug the hell out of me. "We're crap", says Team Genii. "We've scored another podium", says Team Lotus. "We will fight Lotus to make Lotus use the Lotus name. Lotus".

Arrrgh! Just bathplug off!!
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Lotus 2013 team name; Écurie Genii Grosjean Image

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

kostas22 wrote:Lotus 2013 team name; Écurie Genii Grosjean Image

Bathplug no.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

eurobrun wrote:

Bathplug no.

I submit to you a new AVATAR CHALLENGE!

If Grosjean wins a race this year, you must wear that avatar for 12 full months. If Grosjean does not win a race this year, I will wear an avatar of your choosing for 12 months.

Do you agree to the terms?

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

kostas22 wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

Bathplug no.

I submit to you a new AVATAR CHALLENGE!

If Grosjean wins a race this year, you must wear that avatar for 12 full months. If Grosjean does not win a race this year, I will wear an avatar of your choosing for 12 months.

Do you agree to the terms?

Yes, I agree to the challenge, I will find an avatar for you later.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

May I suggest a Schumacher avatar eurobrun?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

redbulljack14 wrote:May I suggest a Schumacher avatar eurobrun?

You may not. Now kindly piss off :evil:

Image Image
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

kostas22 wrote:

How about AC Milan? :twisted:
Message me on Discord.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Shadaza wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

How about AC Milan? :twisted:

How about a Andrea Pirlo split photo with him in AC Milan shirt on one side and with Juventus colours on another and the scudetto on his hands? :twisted:
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

kostas22 wrote:

How about the bet is, whoever's driver wins first is the winner of the bet.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

redbulljack14 wrote:How about the bet is, whoever's driver wins first is the winner of the bet.

I like it. But what happens if Schumacher retires before either driver wins? What happens then?

DanielPT wrote:
Shadaza wrote:How about AC Milan? :twisted:

How about a Andrea Pirlo split photo with him in AC Milan shirt on one side and with Juventus colours on another and the scudetto on his hands? :twisted:

There is a thin line between embarassment and humiliation. That goes far far beyond it. Forcing such a punishment upon me would be a breach of my human rights. Whoever had forced me to use that avatar would be taken to Den Haag and tried in the International Court of Justice for crimes against humanity.

Image Image
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

kostas22 wrote:
DanielPT wrote:
Shadaza wrote:How about AC Milan? :twisted:

There is a thin line between embarassment and humiliation. That goes far far beyond it. Forcing such a punishment upon me would be a breach of my human rights. Whoever had forced me to use that avatar would be taken to Den Haag and tried in the International Court of Justice for crimes against humanity.

Don't take football too serious, kid. ;)
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

I wish people wouldn't say "rally" when they mean "rallycross race" or "historic race" or anything else that's not a rally.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

kostas22 wrote:
redbulljack14 wrote:How about the bet is, whoever's driver wins first is the winner of the bet.

I like it. But what happens if Schumacher retires before either driver wins? What happens then?

Hmm, didn't think that through. I assumed GRRRSSSJJJNNN would win a race.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

DanielPT wrote:
kostas22 wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

Don't take football too serious, kid. ;)

How about an avatar of Del Piero?
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:How about an avatar of Del Piero?

Amateur...I don't hate Del Piero at all. Heck, I have respect for him, he has given everything to his club all his life and all he gets for it is being kicked to the kerb by the moronic Rubentus management. Can you imagine how Roma fans would react if Totti wasn't offered a contract renewal and forced out? Or Zanetti being kicked out of Inter? I am surprised there are not riots on the streets of Torino really.

If there is one Juventino I'm not so bothered about having as my avatar, it's Il Pinturicchio.

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

My original suggestion was a picture of Paul Dumbrell's 55 Bottle-O Ford from 2011, but if I find something better then I will suggest that.

Frentzen127

Post by Frentzen127 »

Your thoughts on Cordoba?
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Frentzen127 wrote:Your thoughts on Cordoba?

Given the general direction this thread is heading in, my first assumpion is you're talking about Ivan Cordoba. But I'll wait for further clarification on that in case you meant something else and therefore making me look like a fool talking about football yet again :oops:

Image Image
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

kostas22 wrote:

Given the general direction this thread is heading in, my first assumpion is you're talking about Ivan Cordoba. But I'll wait for further clarification on that in case you meant something else and therefore making me look like a fool talking about football yet again :oops:

We're used to it. :lol:
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

DanielPT wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

We're used to it. :lol:

Isn't off-topicness the norm on here anyway? :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Frentzen127

Post by Frentzen127 »

Thats who I meant, yes.
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Frentzen127 wrote:Thats who I meant, yes.

Ah, is this a reference to the Del Piero being released by the club? Alessandro and Cafe Cordoba's situations are different - Ivan and the club decided mutually to part ways, it was out of choice he decided to call time on his Inter career. Not just the fans love him, but the club too, it appears likely he will return in the future in a staffing role once his playing career is over. I think that is the unclear thing here - he will have to decide whether to return to South America to play another couple of seasons of league football there, or just retire altogether.

Del Piero on the other hand wanted to stay, the fans wanted him to stay, but Conte & the Juventus board did not want to offer him a new contract. He was shoved out the door. Does Conte have some sort of personal agenda against him from when they were team-mates on the pitch? I don't know, but I don't understand why they would get rid of him, he was even still playing well despite his age.

Image Image
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Dear Sky Sports F1, we don't need 2 whole hours worth of build up for this race, or an hour and a half for other races.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

redbulljack14 wrote:Dear Sky Sports F1, we don't need 2 whole hours worth of build up for this race, or an hour and a half for other races.

It's two hours for Silverstone because there's an entire 30 minutes dedicated to McLaren's new show if my powers of deduction is correct :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

redbulljack14 wrote:Dear Sky Sports F1, we don't need 2 whole hours worth of build up for this race, or an hour and a half for other races.

I just don't watch the build-up. I do other things until 5 minutes before the race starts...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...