The HRT thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
solarcold

Re: The HRT thread

Post by solarcold »

I told you. I crackin told dr. Kolles shouldn't have gone home.
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Spending all my nights
All my money putting parts on the car
Doing anything just to get you off of my mind
But when the weekend comes
I'm right back where I started again
Trying to replace you is just a waste of time

Colin come back, any kind of fan could see
There was something, in everything about you
Colin come back, you can blame it all on me
I was wrong, and I just can't race without you

All season long, releasing PR of false bravado
Trying to wear the helmet that hides a tear
But as the race goes on
I get that empty feeling again
How I wish to God that you were here

Now that the car is all together
Give me the chance to make you see
Have you used up all the cash for your team
Nothing left for me
Ain't there nothing left for me

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

So, in case anyone was wondering what KH-7 was, they're a cleaning products company!

Look! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID-8lng0eZg&feature=player_embedded
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Just For One Day...
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

CoopsII wrote:Things are going to change now!
http://www.mid-day.com/sports/2012/mar/ ... physio.htm

Wait, Sakon Yamamoto isn't driving for HRT this year? With news like that you would think dodge-y neck would be driving for them
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

David AGS wrote:Lets hope for the team that Malaysia is better.

I hope it too. I wish to see at least DLR on the grid next Sunday.
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:
David AGS wrote:Lets hope for the team that Malaysia is better.

I hope it too. I wish to see at least DLR on the grid next Sunday.

Would be nice to see the Docklands Light Railway back on track again... :roll:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
xxiiooiixx

Post by xxiiooiixx »

HRT are the next Brawn GP :twisted: :evil:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

xxiiooiixx wrote:HRT are the next Brawn GP :twisted: :evil:

Huh? :?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
slowest_indian

Post by slowest_indian »

Well considering they now have the parts to make the DRS work, and the powersteering should be fixed, you would hope they'd manage to make 107%
If not they really do seem to have gone backwards from last year, although I suppose in 2011 they had an extra two weeks with Bahrain being cancelled...

Anyway Holzer have stated that the car is pretty heavy in comparison to the rest of the grid, and the first updates are coming in Barcelona which includes a lighter version of the car, whatever that may be.

Cheers
S951

Post by S951 »

dlr to outquali pic
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
IdeFan

Post by IdeFan »

The HRT topic on another forum I occasionally visit is insultingly titled "The Hispania death clock" and as a reject lover I found this offensive. Therefore I have decided to respond with the "HRT Victory Clock".

The clock is an analogue of the Doomsday Clock where midnight represents doomsday (or in this case, a race victory for HRT), with the DNQs in Australia the Victory clock has been set on 59 minutes to midnight, I hope to move it slightly forward if we get a stronger qualifying in Malaysia.

I also hope that, just like the passing of time, that an HRT victory is inevitable!
"Well we've got this ridiculous situation where we're all sitting by the start-finish line waiting for a winner to come past and we don't seem to be getting one!" - James Hunt, Monaco 1982
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

45 minutes into the first practice session at Sepang and an HRT has ground to a halt.

All is normal with the universe.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Seems Karthikeyan had gearbox problems causing him to stop, whilst De La Rosa was just simply slow...
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

I can recall him in the HRT pit as early in Australia last year. If it helps why not!
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

Major improvement today...
HRT - who else would you support :P
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

They'll surely qualify with pace like this. Fingers crossed!
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

David AGS wrote:

I can recall him in the HRT pit as early in Australia last year. If it helps why not!

I say stick him in the car.
Just For One Day...
slowest_indian

Post by slowest_indian »

Valrys wrote:They'll surely qualify with pace like this. Fingers crossed!

Aye, almost a couple of seconds within 107% in FP2.
Still, about a second or more off Virgin, going to be a lonely race if the cars manage the whole distance...
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

Don't think HRT did any quali runs, I think Marussia did at the end... Clos mentioned that on Spanish TV
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Their main goal has to be qualifying. Doesn't matter if they're miles behind Marussia during the race. They need the mileage badly.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

AdrianSutil wrote:Doesn't matter if they're miles behind Marussia during the race.

Yup, they'll soon get past them during the pit-stop phase.

Assuming they put the wheels back on right.
Just For One Day...
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

cbbcisace wrote:Don't think HRT did any quali runs, I think Marussia did at the end... Clos mentioned that on Spanish TV

De La Rosa definitely ran the medium tyre for at least one run, although not right at the end of the session.
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

Updates from Russia. Here's the poll among russian f1 Fans in russian social web vk.com:

The question translates as follows: "How do you think will HRT get inside 107%?"
Yes - 44, no - 44. Now we know what the most difficult question in F1 is.
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

Valrys wrote:
cbbcisace wrote:Don't think HRT did any quali runs, I think Marussia did at the end... Clos mentioned that on Spanish TV

De La Rosa definitely ran the medium tyre for at least one run, although not right at the end of the session.

Yes he did run the medium tyre but on higher fuel loads.

HRT quickest time in FP1 was 105.6%, which I don't think they ever achieved in 2011..

It goes to show how limited the Dallara chassis was.
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

Some calculations for you on the 107% times!...

FP1 Pole Time: 1'38'021s
FP1 107% Time: 1'44'882s
FP1 HRT Quickest Time: 1'45'360s
Difference: +'448s

FP2 Pole Time: 1'38'172s
FP2 107% Time: 1'45.044s
FP2 HRT Quickest Time: 1'43'658s
Difference: -1'386s

Hypothetically for HRT's 1'43'658s in FP3 or Q1 not to be quick enough would take a Pole Time of 1'36'877s
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

cbbcisace wrote:Hypothetically for HRT's 1'43'658s in FP3 or Q1 not to be quick enough would take a Pole Time of 1'36'877s

Incidentally enough, the fastest Q1 time last year by Felipe Massa was a 1:36.744 BUT I think it's safe to say that this year's cars are significantly slower than last year if Australia was anything to go by
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

Wizzie wrote:
cbbcisace wrote:Hypothetically for HRT's 1'43'658s in FP3 or Q1 not to be quick enough would take a Pole Time of 1'36'877s

Incidentally enough, the fastest Q1 time last year by Felipe Massa was a 1:36.744 BUT I think it's safe to say that this year's cars are significantly slower than last year if Australia was anything to go by

And I expect the HRT time to be quicker anyway... isn't it good to see the whole field covered by 5 seconds though isn't it?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

cbbcisace wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

And I expect the HRT time to be quicker anyway... isn't it good to see the whole field covered by 5 seconds though isn't it?

On slightly closer analysis, year on year, race pace across the field was virtually the same but qualifying pace was well over a second off Vettel's blistering lap last year.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

Good News for HRT... The Q1 time was 1'36'219 and the 107% time is 1'42'954.

That means HRT (PDLR) are within 107% of pole where as a lot of people thought they wouldn't make 107%of Q1 !!
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

It looks like this website's prestigious award may well go to "all the naysayers who said HRT would not qualify at all in 2012".
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Yannick wrote:It looks like this website's prestigious award may well go to "all the naysayers who said HRT would not qualify at all in 2012".

Actually, the vast majority of us thought before last weekend that HRT would the ones taking Marussia to the cleaners and back :lol:
IdeFan

Post by IdeFan »

Wizzie wrote:
Yannick wrote:It looks like this website's prestigious award may well go to "all the naysayers who said HRT would not qualify at all in 2012".

Actually, the vast majority of us thought before last weekend that HRT would the ones taking Marussia to the cleaners and back :lol:

Yes but we're special like this, its other people on other websites who don't understand!
"Well we've got this ridiculous situation where we're all sitting by the start-finish line waiting for a winner to come past and we don't seem to be getting one!" - James Hunt, Monaco 1982
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

IdeFan wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

Yes but we're special like this, its other people on other websites who don't understand!

Ah, those sad and delusional normal F1 fans :|
xxiiooiixx

Post by xxiiooiixx »

IdeFan wrote:The HRT topic on another forum I occasionally visit is insultingly titled "The Hispania death clock" and as a reject lover I found this offensive. Therefore I have decided to respond with the "HRT Victory Clock".

The clock is an analogue of the Doomsday Clock where midnight represents doomsday (or in this case, a race victory for HRT), with the DNQs in Australia the Victory clock has been set on 59 minutes to midnight, I hope to move it slightly forward if we get a stronger qualifying in Malaysia.

I also hope that, just like the passing of time, that an HRT victory is inevitable!

Sounds good you can also base your measurement on each time HRT scores its fastest lap ever . The fastest lap can be determined by the gap between the specific tracks fastest time/races fastest time and HRT's fastest lap.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Shall I call them 'nimbies'? :evil:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Ok, I've done something like that. I've taken every single dry qualifying session since 2010 and calculated HRT's fastest time compared with pole position time. I didn't take Q1 "pole" time because it's not always as representative of the best cars performance.

According with this measuring stick, HRT's highlight so far was Karun Chandhok's qualifying effort at the 2010 European GP, where his fastest time of 1:42.600 was just 5,14% over Vettel's pole time. Last year's best result for HRT was at the Korean GP, where Daniel Ricciardo was within 6,26% of Vettel (1:44.641).

105,14% of today's pole time was 1:41.165, just to get the picture.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
xxiiooiixx

Post by xxiiooiixx »

Ferrim wrote:Ok, I've done something like that. I've taken every single dry qualifying session since 2010 and calculated HRT's fastest time compared with pole position time. I didn't take Q1 "pole" time because it's not always as representative of the best cars performance.

According with this measuring stick, HRT's highlight so far was Karun Chandhok's qualifying effort at the 2010 European GP, where his fastest time of 1:42.600 was just 5,14% over Vettel's pole time. Last year's best result for HRT was at the Korean GP, where Daniel Ricciardo was within 6,26% of Vettel (1:44.641).

105,14% of today's pole time was 1:41.165, just to get the picture.

Wow This is a really interesting topic I am going to look into this more !!! So Karun Chandhok you have the HRT Crown for now , who's the fastest indian now NK??
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

On results, Narain is still the better, but wouldnt call that race a race...

On to Malaysia, I think if HRT get a two car finish they will be extremely delighted. One car finish they will be very happy with that too.

But you never know, if it does rain, may be a race of attrition, may get a decent result
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
xxiiooiixx

Post by xxiiooiixx »

David AGS wrote:On results, Narain is still the better, but wouldnt call that race a race...

On to Malaysia, I think if HRT get a two car finish they will be extremely delighted. One car finish they will be very happy with that too.

But you never know, if it does rain, may be a race of attrition, may get a decent result

It doesn't look as if the F112 will be any better then last years car .PDLR had a horrible race.