ROTR Australia 2012

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Salamander

Re: ROTR Australia 2012

Post by Salamander »

Has to be Ferrari at the moment - that was just embarrassing.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

razta wrote:Eric Boullier - For being such a Crybaby to Charlie Whiting over Merc's F-DUCT, and forgetting the fact that his driver out-qualified BOTH Mercs! :evil:

He probably had Raikkonens position in his head. Any excuse to ban a great innovation
Say your prayers, here comes the Pastor
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

stupot94 wrote:
razta wrote:Eric Boullier - For being such a Crybaby to Charlie Whiting over Merc's F-DUCT, and forgetting the fact that his driver out-qualified BOTH Mercs! :evil:

He probably had Raikkonens position in his head. Any excuse to ban a great innovation

I can see why Lotus feel aggrieved, they had their active ride hide system declared legal for a whole years worth of development only to be told it was illegal and now another questionably legal device appears.
Message me on Discord.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

stupot94 wrote:He probably had Raikkonens position in his head.

:oops:
Just For One Day...
Kobacrashi

Post by Kobacrashi »

I have to say it goes to BBC, I watched it on sky this morning, my Girlfriend wanted to watch highlights and after about 10 minutes we had to turn it off and wait for the re-run on Sky. Seriously did they just send Jake and DC to the race, i may have missed Eddie Jordan but i didn't see him. As mentioned earlier the mainQ3 is ten minutes long and the highlight of the day, how can you have an hour long show and not even show the main event. If the race highlights are that bad I feel sorry for anyone watching on the Beeb.

After one proper session there is already no doubt which broadcast I will be watching for the rest of the season.
Kobayashi is back! Need I say more!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Kobacrashi wrote:After one proper session there is already no doubt which broadcast I will be watching for the rest of the season.

I wish I had that luxury :|
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

If the British coverage is so bad as you're telling by both Sky and BBC, I consider us lucky to have MTV3 Max and a pair of decent commentators.

I won't nominate ROTR until the race is over, although Ferrari is looking strong for that, with a honourary mention to Räikkönen.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
The Passenger

Post by The Passenger »

Nuppiz wrote:If the British coverage is so bad as you're telling by both Sky and BBC, I consider us lucky to have MTV3 Max and a pair of decent commentators.

Calling Erkki Mustakari a decent commentator these days is a bit of a stretch, but I agree that our coverage really isn't too bad overall.
We see the stars that shine so bright
Stars made for us tonight

I am not "The Passenger" from Autosport's forum
Minardi Man

Post by Minardi Man »

Ferrari all the way, just for the fact it looks like they've regressed to early-mid 1990's standards
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Seriously, for those complaining about British TV coverage: I cannot have Sky at the moment (I am uni halls until the end of May) and the BBC highlights package was inadequate, particularly the brevity of seeing Alonso's gravel-bound incident in Q2. But I already knew about it having listened to the whole thing live on the radio and just using the highlight package to put images to the more significant moments of the session. (Because Bernie obviously wouldn't want me to try using YouTube for that purpose... :roll: ).

So radio live with highlights is adequate. Not ideal, but it works.

BBC, if you're reading this, I WANT LIVE PICTURES WITH THE RADIO COMMENTARY!!!!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Boomstick

Post by Boomstick »

me: for running into bernie thismorning (FFD paddock), and not knowing if i should hate him or hug him bout his comments of this event?
The Passenger

Post by The Passenger »

Pastor Maldonado. Doesn't get much more rejectful than crashing out of the points on the last lap.
We see the stars that shine so bright
Stars made for us tonight

I am not "The Passenger" from Autosport's forum
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

I would like to nominate myself for predicting Maldonado to unrejectify himself this year, one minute before he crashed out of the race.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Pastor Maldonado - I've never seen anyone bin it there before. And on the final lap as well, what a bloody idiot, after the race he had...

Caterham - Double DNF. Not good news.

Felipe Massa - Just fire him already! :lol:

Turns out, this is my 1300th post. Sweet!
Last edited by Londoner on 18 Mar 2012, 08:30, edited 2 times in total.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

dr-baker wrote:Seriously, for those complaining about British TV coverage: I cannot have Sky at the moment (I am uni halls until the end of May)

Sky Go on your computer!

Anyway, rejects:
Caterham - double retirement, neither due to crashes, and Hekki made it sound like his car was literally falling apart
Massa - embarrassing, especially compared to Alonso, and a silly crash with Senna
Senna - sure, he had an early pitstop, but was nowhere after that
Mercedes - flattered to deceive
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

East Londoner wrote:Pastor Maldonado - I've never seen anyone bin it there before. And on the final lap as well, what a bloody idiot, after the race he had...

Caterham - Double DNF. Not good news.

Felipe Crasha - Just fire him already! :lol:

Fixed. :D
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

1: Maldanaldo - So close to unrejectifying himself, only to choke at the last minute.

2: Massa - Ferrari needs to get rid of him.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

DOSBoot wrote:1: Maldanaldo - So close to unrejectifying himself, only to choke at the last minute.

He'd still needed another top 6 finish anyhow. While we are talking about Williams:

Bruno Senna - he, how's that feel of being utterly useless?
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

1) Maldonado: - Might seem harsh but to score you have to finish and there was never a passing place, terrible decision and what a waste for both him and Williams

2) Grosjean; - qualify 3rd and unfortunately lose placs, but then leave space for a driver and smash your steering arm letting him through (ironic thing here is that both my nominees were involved!)
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

My nominations:

Felipe Massa: Alonso managed to haul that crapbox of a car to places it had absolutely no right to be in. Massa spent his afternoon being dictated by a crapbox
Mercedes AMG: Qualifying heroes, race absolute zeros
Caterham: To finish first, first you have to finish

But, my ROTR is:

Williams F1: Senna got involved in the start line crash before being collected by Massa later on and the less said about Maldonado's last lap gaff, the better.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Too many to count, all listed above - Massa, Senna, Grosjean, Caterham, Marussia. I'd let Maldonado off the hook because he did so well throughout the rest of the race.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

By the way, are we still going to get eytl's official pronouncement at the end of this?
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

IIDOTR: PASTOR MALDONADO (honorary mention to Checo)
ROTR: PASTOR MALDONADO (honorary mention to Felipe Baby)
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

re. Massa - I'd also like to nominate Ferrari's loyalty and family ethic. Any other team would have ditched Filipe yonks ago. They need to get Jaime or Seb B in there.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

fjackdaw wrote:re. Massa - I'd also like to nominate Ferrari's loyalty and family ethic. Any other team would have ditched Filipe yonks ago. They need to get HWNSNBM in there.

fixed.....
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

fjackdaw wrote:By the way, are we still going to get eytl's official pronouncement at the end of this?

That's the plan, I think.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
Bob

Post by Bob »

Has to be Pastor Maldonado. All he had to do was hang on and bring it home, but bins it on the last lap :roll:
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

The Passenger wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:If the British coverage is so bad as you're telling by both Sky and BBC, I consider us lucky to have MTV3 Max and a pair of decent commentators.

Calling Erkki Mustakari a decent commentator these days is a bit of a stretch, but I agree that our coverage really isn't too bad overall.

Erkki is beyond criticism just like Kyllönen is. He's been doin this for so long no wonder he's slipping. I miss Lehto though. (COMON GUYS, GET SALO INTO THE BOOTH ALREADY!)

My nominations:

1: Caterham. Double Retirement... not a good way to start the season.
2: Maldonado. 57.5 laps of IIDOTR, one corner of RotR.
3: Felipe Massa. It's time to go Felipe, you're embarrassing yourself out there.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Mercedes - Oh dear. They haven't actually improved, have they?
Ferrari - Did you notice both Williams went out right near Ferraris?
Grosjean - Eurobrun, you were only a lap and half off with your prediction. Good work!
ONE - See the million posts me and Wizzie made.
Maldonado - That wall is impossible to hit. In real life, anyway.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
superimu

Post by superimu »

Well I was gonna vote for Felipe Massa as ROTR until Pastor Maldonado made his last second move to steal ROTR. When he went off early I thought its clear he doesn't have the talent to stay at the front of the grid. At the end as he was fighting Alonso I thought the team should be telling him to NOT try to pass. The inexplicable thing is why Pastor was pushing so hard to crash on the last lap. He was never gonna catch Fernando and only had positions to lose. Annoyingly, this will probably seriously hurt Williams in the Constructors Championship. As Sauber, Toro Rosso, and Force India are more likely to develop their cars faster, Williams will need every point they can get early. So, they can't throw points away.

2. Felipe Massa While Alonso was putting in a heroic drive hauling the awful Ferrari to 5th, Felipe was slumming around on the edge of the top ten. The gulf in talent has never been more evident. ...Then he ran into the side of Bruno Senna.

3. Caterham The year Caterham moves to the midpack is off to a slow start. There's still a big difference between them the midfield teams and to make matter worse steering issues sidelined both cars. They Still have a long way to go.
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Caterham.

So the steering issues wasn't just Trulli being sour. This isn't how you start a season with high expectations. You would think their testing would fix these kind of issues, because HRT had similar issues with their power steering but had NO testing at all! But hey, little bit of benefit of the doubt for Fondmetal Team Malaysia, although I bet Glock is laughing down another pint of Wine with these persistent issues.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

im nominating the rev too.....
Pedestrian

Post by Pedestrian »

It's very hard to make a nomination after this race, since most of the "loosers" also had some very non-rejectfull quality:
Williams - double DNF but showed a huge improvement over last year.
Caterham - double DNF but still the best of the "new" teams
Mercedes - no points and almost double DNF but still a top team and possibly better than last year.
Grosjean - crashed out but had P3 in qualy.
Lewis - lost a second place due to bad luck but had "only" third place and can definitely be happy with the car he has.
How can you call these people "rejects"?

On the other hand:
Red Bull team - poor pace (compared to last year's performance) but scored big points
Alonso - poor pace but scored big points
TR and FI - poor pace but scored some points
I can't nominate them either.

I think I'll settle for Massa. He was bad all week-end, caused a colision and DNF on top of that.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

sswishbone wrote:1) Maldonado: - Might seem harsh but to score you have to finish and there was never a passing place, terrible decision and what a waste for both him and Williams

2) Grosjean; - qualify 3rd and unfortunately lose placs, but then leave space for a driver and smash your steering arm letting him through (ironic thing here is that both my nominees were involved!)

Even more ironic that one crashed on the first lap, the other on the last lap.

Oh yeah, wait for it....
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Boomstick

Post by Boomstick »

pastor-maldar-nooooooooo! Argh! I had a pastor shirt on and the works! Argh!

And young danny ric, stupid twit punted senna on turn 1, the car was rooted after and to add insult to injury scored a point...Twit.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Felipe Massa

I would have nominated Pastor if it wasn't for those brilliant 57.5 laps.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
WIDD

Post by WIDD »

I'm stuck between the South American contingent.

Massa was abysmal all weekend, with today being the beginning of the end of his Ferrari career one would guess. But it's Badoer-esque that Pastor binned a solid points scoring position on the last lap. Except it wasn't Badoer's fault, Maldonado only has himself to blame. And he took Grosjean out.

Senna was just...urgh.

Think I'll plump for Massa though, he was embarrassed by Alonso today (again).
Murray: "This could give Mika Hakkinen his opportunity to get past Ralf Schumacher, as Nigel Mansell did to Senna in 1959."
Martin: "I was born in 1959; I think it was a touch later than that, Murray!"
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

For me, it's obviously the formerly-known-as-Team Lotus-now-Caterham.

For so much overhype, they are almost exactly at the same place as last year. Seems like they will be eternal 18th and 19th placed in qualifying, unless Marussia puts themselves together. And in the race, they were yet again hurt by something that could cost them heavily in the end: reliability. With Glock scoring a 14th place, who knows if Caterham can overcome these.

Massa is also a close second, he is in clear no-man's land. If I was Stefano Domenicali, I'd think about firing him mid-season, if he can't up the ante. Sure, this might be a dejavu of 2009 when the second car scored 0 points from Hungary onwards, but seeing Felipe suffer this much, is just showing he's not there anymore.

Maldonado is third, due to only being amazing from Saturday, only to bin it in the end. If the aforementioned nominations wouldn't have competed like they did, it would clearly be Reverend for RotR for me.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
TheBigJ

Post by TheBigJ »

The Reverend was just brilliantly rejectful. Taking out Grosjean and others, superb blocking and all around dogged. Only to bin it in the last lap.

You've got to love him though...he's just...insane!

Mercedes and the new teams (who are nowhere near the midfield, especially with Williams improving) are runners-up.
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

Maldonado, for sure.
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine