F1 Rejects GP2 Community Game

Archive for the three above subforums
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

F1 Rejects GP2 Community Game

Post by Klon »

Hey, lads. Since we have a number of Grand Prix 2 players on this forum, but sadly online races with GP2 are awfully complicated. So I figured instead of fighting against each other, how about the GP2 players on this board join forces in a team effort - what I am thinking about we take a race and share our driving duties, e.g. one of us drives Friday qualifying, the next one Saturday qualifying, the third, fourth, fifth and sixth of us drive a quarter of the race each.

Opinions?
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1 Rejects GP2 Community Game

Post by Aerond »

How about? Passing each other the savegame?
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Yeah, that is what I am thinking of.
Waris

Post by Waris »

Would this be driven with the original GP2, no mods? Is it okay when running in DOSBox, I sometimes get a bit more than 100% PO because my computer is slow?

If so, I'm possibly up for it.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Well, we can always choose whether we'd be using mods or not once we have enough interest. And I don't see the PO as a problem.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

I am interested. I just need to find the game somewhere (I have the CD somewhere in my country!) and need a bit of time to check all systems. I will report back when all is OK.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Waris

Post by Waris »

Klon wrote:Well, we can always choose whether we'd be using mods or not once we have enough interest. And I don't see the PO as a problem.

Another question, are we going to use real (in-game) teams/drivers, or will we make up/choose our own?
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

OK, I got the game going and I am ready to go. Let's play!
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
jakesanson

Post by jakesanson »

Hey Klon. Remember me?

So good to see you keeping GP2 alive!! Alas as I'm on Vista or Windows 7 (my GP2 computer on Windows XP finally kicked the bucket), I'm not sure whether or not I'm still able to play. Although, I was able to save all my GP2 stuff just in case....

Good on ya!
"Racing drivers are a bit like journalists: they all tick together in case they miss something."
DAMON HILL, MONTREAL, 1996
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

jakesanson wrote:Hey Klon. Remember me?

So good to see you keeping GP2 alive!! Alas as I'm on Vista or Windows 7 (my GP2 computer on Windows XP finally kicked the bucket), I'm not sure whether or not I'm still able to play. Although, I was able to save all my GP2 stuff just in case....

Good on ya!

I most certainly do.

Well, thank you, but as far as keeping GP2 alive you possibly have to thank aerond more than me. His GP2 career and takeover of the F1RWRS has promoted the game more than I ever did. :mrgreen:
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

I presume we have a bit of interest. Let's see what we are doing - I have three possible scenarios on my mind:

Forza Minardi - our goal: give Pierluigi Martini and Minardi their deserved podium finish

Blah-blah-blah... - our goal: make Rubens Barrichello the youngest F1 race winner at the time to add to the "youngest pole sitter" honours

Reject Galore - our goal: do great with a Pacific or Simtek

As far as the track goes, I say anything goes but Barcelona.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Klon wrote:I presume we have a bit of interest. Let's see what we are doing - I have three possible scenarios on my mind:

Forza Minardi - our goal: give Pierluigi Martini and Minardi their deserved podium finish

Blah-blah-blah... - our goal: make Rubens Barrichello the youngest F1 race winner at the time to add to the "youngest pole sitter" honours

Reject Galore - our goal: do great with a Pacific or Simtek

As far as the track goes, I say anything goes but Barcelona.

I chose the three of them! But I think we should start with the first one.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Can anyone give me tips on how to race successfully? I keep placing podiums in Williams but I keep creating a massive Trulli train, and I'm usually 15 seconds off the next guy ahead of me (this is in quick race mode)
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

JeremyMcClean wrote:Can anyone give me tips on how to race successfully? I keep placing podiums in Williams but I keep creating a massive Trulli train, and I'm usually 15 seconds off the next guy ahead of me (this is in quick race mode)

Do what Wizzie does, turn the difficulty down.

That joke is never going to die.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

redbulljack14 wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:Can anyone give me tips on how to race successfully? I keep placing podiums in Williams but I keep creating a massive Trulli train, and I'm usually 15 seconds off the next guy ahead of me (this is in quick race mode)

:evil:

Seriously though, the answer is setup work (If GP2 allows editing setups) as I found from experience with GP4 that a good setup can easily make you 2 seconds a lap faster.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Wizzie wrote:
redbulljack14 wrote:

:evil:

Seriously though, the answer is setup work (If GP2 allows editing setups) as I found from experience with GP4 that a good setup can easily make you 2 seconds a lap faster.

I'm terrible at setups
I like the way Snrub thinks!