Your Reject of the Race - Singapore!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Salamander

Re: Your Reject of the Race - Singapore!

Post by Salamander »

Renault. Simply abysmal.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

Hamilton: Terrible driving at the start and ruined Massa's race. Again. Sure he made up positions at the end but come on; that is not how you pass someone.
Renault: Where were they? Hell, I've seen more of the John Deere Lotuses today than the Renaults.
Rosberg: If anyone is to blame for that mess between Perez and Schumi it's him for starting it. Also, as a side note, what was that radio transmission with Sutil just prior to that schimozzle?
Kobayashi: Hate to say it, but he's driving like Kazuki Nakajima. Utterly nowhere and being beaten by his teammate.
Race feed directors: It's been disappointing all year but there have been numerous yellow flags popping up and we do not know why.
Toro Rosso: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Only thing that caught my attention was Alguersuari binning it at the end.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

The TV coverage was a nearly-nomination for me too, very lax. We must have seen replays of around a fifth of the yellow flags.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I thought the Singapore TV coverage was pretty bad too. However...

1) Hamilton - Can we just give him reject of the year now please? I'm actually getting bored nominating him on here, even though I can't stand his bad driving!

2) Renault - Oh dear.
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

1. Hamilton
2. Renault

'Nuff said.
An animator that happens to love racing... :)
http://lostpin.net
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Renault - Disastrous weekend.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
mario

Post by mario »

For me, it has to be Renault - their planned upgrade caused cooling problems and had to be abandoned, their pace was abysmal and they chewed up their tyres at a vast rate of knots (we saw how Petrov was struggling for rear traction very early on in his stints despite having multiple sets of fresh tyres at his disposal, and Bruno was not that much better off either).
Being beaten by Heikki on outright pace alone by over 15 seconds - and Trulli, before having to retire on lap 47, was showing similar form - when they were capable of scoring points at the previous few races is pretty shocking (more so when you consider that they weren't that far off the pace in either Monaco or Valencia, for example).

Oh, and I'm seeing on Autosport that, to cap off a poor weekend, Renault have been handed a fine from the FIA for giving Bruno Senna misleading information when behind the safety car. Renault told Bruno that he was competing with Perez for on track position when in fact Perez was a lap ahead of Bruno; as a result, Bruno tried to pass Perez and promptly collided with him after the race was restarted, resulting in a €7,500 fine for the team. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94851
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

I will go with Renault here. The only time I remembered them in the whole race was when I asked here what happened with Senna...

A deserved mention to the TV coverage. Rubbish.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
noisebox

Post by noisebox »

For me it has to be Hamilton and Schumacher. It was very clear from early in the race that DRS/KERS was making overtaking straightforward, to the point where drivers who were being passed did not bother even to attempt to defend their positions. Against that backdrop their was simply no need for either of them to be putting themselves in positions where they could have an accident. Hamilton is doubly at fault because of his track record this year and making contact with Webber at the same corner last year - when will he learn. As for Schumi - that accident was coming the moment he came off the previous corner, he simply positioned his car where an accident was the only possible outcome.

Contrast their driving with Button and Alonso - quick, smooth and consistant with clean overtakes.
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Gotta go with Schumacher, that overtake was never on and to write off your car is a rookie error, not a seven time champion error
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

I'm going to go with the stewards. You can't freaking penalize every little half mistake to the drivers in the name of safety, and then leave a Toro Rosso in THAT position on track without a safety car. I know they were hoping Button would catch Vettel, but considering the dangerous the position of the stranded STR, it was just grossly irresponsible.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

mario wrote:Oh, and I'm seeing on Autosport that, to cap off a poor weekend, Renault have been handed a fine from the FIA for giving Bruno Senna misleading information when behind the safety car. Renault told Bruno that he was competing with Perez for on track position when in fact Perez was a lap ahead of Bruno; as a result, Bruno tried to pass Perez and promptly collided with him after the race was restarted, resulting in a €7,500 fine for the team. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94851

Ah! I wondered why Senna suddenly disappeared to the back of the field. One of many things the local TV coverage didn't show us. I'd still quite like to know what happened to Ricciardo at the start - presume he hit a wall?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Dj_bereta wrote:-Brazilian TV commentators for some commentaries like: "Lotus, Virgin and Hispania are not F1 Teams".

Also, Galvao thinking he is a psychiatrist by stating "Hamilton is acting crazy since parting ways with his father, he needs to be back with him to calm him down."

But, back to ROTR - the nominations are..
Kamui Kobayashi :cry: It breaks my heart to do so but he deserves to be nominated. Was absolutely nowhere before his drive through for ignoring blue flags, which just compounded his woeful race further.
Renault Being split by a Fondmetal Team Malaysia on merit which explains the nomination in itself.
Lewis Hamilton Simply because his incident with Massa was completely avoidable.
Michael Schumacher What a stupid stupid mistake. He looks like a rookie at times.

And the winner is..dum dum dum dum dum dumdum dum dum...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Minardi Man

Post by Minardi Man »

Those kerbs, ruin what IMO is actually not a bad track.

Renault were sadly terrible as well, are they focusing on next years car now, or are they really putting that little effort into improving their current car?
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

BBC Commentary - They're as jingoistic towards Hamilton as ITV was. Despicable. I don't know how all of the regular BBC viewers here can put up with DC's crap.
Lotus-Renault - They got beat by Fondmetal Team Malaysia on merit.
Lewis Hamilton - Someone needs to flat-out wreck him HARD in hopes that it will knock some sense into him. You know why you get so many penalties? Because you drive an F1 car like it's a NASCAR video game.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
noisebox

Post by noisebox »

Barbazza wrote:I'd still quite like to know what happened to Ricciardo at the start - presume he hit a wall?

Apparently he hit Glock - which damaged Glock's car and caused his spin a few laps later.
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Cynon wrote:Lewis Hamilton - Someone needs to flat-out wreck him HARD in hopes that it will knock some sense into him. You know why you get so many penalties? Because you drive an F1 car like it's a NASCAR video game.

<Warning! Geeky gaming joke coming up!! > Specifically, he seems to be driving a car like its Formula One 98 on the PSOne.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Barbazza wrote:
Cynon wrote:Lewis Hamilton - Someone needs to flat-out wreck him HARD in hopes that it will knock some sense into him. You know why you get so many penalties? Because you drive an F1 car like it's a NASCAR video game.

<Warning! Geeky gaming joke coming up!! > Specifically, he seems to be driving a car like its Formula One 98 on the PSOne.

In that game, could you cut corners, divebomb hairpins, ram the computers off the road without taking any damage? :] Because in one of my NASCAR games, I always do that in turn 1 of Watkins Glen (a hard braking zone with a 90 degree right turn) and cause a 15 car pileup from dead last on the grid.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

kostas22 wrote:And the winner is..dum dum dum dum dum dumdum dum dum...

Say hello to my new avatar.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Alguersuari - I want him to do well so Ricciardo gets out of HRT as soon as possible!
Race feed director - I spent the first four laps saying "What happened to Ricciardo? No, you idiot, I don't care about Webber's shoddy start! I've seen it before!"
Hamilton - :lol: Just fire him already!
Barrichello - Did I see him get passed by Maldonado?

But the winners are easily Renault - although I reckon Senna did well to beat Petrov.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Nick Heidfeld is slightly amused by Renault.
Priceless

Post by Priceless »

Here's my three nominations...
3rd: Lewis Hamilton - being over-aggressive again, compromised Felipe Massa's race and his own with that way of driving, and took a penalty for that. He'd be higher up(?) on this list, but I'm giving him 3rd only because he did well to recover in the later stages of the race.
2nd: Michael Schumacher - for the crash onto the back of Pérez's car; Schumi was clearly faster but (to me at least) miscalculated the passing move. He'd get past anyway...
1st: Renault GP - there's no way not to give them 1st place. A lacklustre performance. Petrov finished behind Kovalainen and Senna apparently had some difficulty to clear d'Ambrosio, taking like 3 or 4 laps to pass him. Simply rejectful.
whatisdeletrazdoing

Post by whatisdeletrazdoing »

2. The race directors

1. Renault for their pathetic display. In terms of excitement, it was very a Heidfeldian performance. ZZZzzzzzzzzzz
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmaokoen/ Lego F1 Cars
CarlosFerreira wrote:I am vaguely annoyed by Vettel.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:Barrichello - Did I see him get passed by Maldonado?

Well, it was likely that it was going to happen. In the end his tires were completely gone, having done one stop less, so anyone could have taken him at that point.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Klon wrote:
the Masked Lapwing wrote:Barrichello - Did I see him get passed by Maldonado?

Well, it was likely that it was going to happen. In the end his tires were completely gone, having done one stop less, so anyone could have taken him at that point.

Incidentally Barrichello's tyres cried no more just as Button was coming up to lap the Williamses.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Cynon wrote:In that game, could you cut corners, divebomb hairpins, ram the computers off the road without taking any damage? :] Because in one of my NASCAR games, I always do that in turn 1 of Watkins Glen (a hard braking zone with a 90 degree right turn) and cause a 15 car pileup from dead last on the grid.

I can see now where Liuzzi got the idea of his Monza first corner move... :lol:
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Don't know whether to say Renault as a whole or just Petrov.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

I must also add a honourable mention for Kobayashi - who gets an ignoring blue flag drive through in this day and age?
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

whatisdeletrazdoing wrote:2. The race directors

1. Renault for their pathetic display. In terms of excitement, it was very a Heidfeldian performance. ZZZzzzzzzzzzz

It would be zz if it was Heidfeldian
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

-Renault: what the heck was that?! They seemed like getting back into their stride again, but this weekend they were even behind the Lotuses and d'Ambrosio's Virgin. I'm sure Tony Fernandes relished this race.
-Jaime Alguersuari: completely off all weekend, he had his ass kicked by Buemi and couldn't even get past Trulli for a while. To add insult (both to himself and others) to injury, he blocks Alonso making him lose a place with Webber and has his "I can't be bothered anymore" moment binning it 5 laps from home.
-Kamui Kobayashi: he really dislikes Marina Bay. He crashes in qualifying and has a poor race (including a drive through penalty for ignoring blue flags) when Pérez manages to score a point.
-Lewis Hamilton: jeez, he really needs to calm down right now. This year is being far too erratic and his clash with Massa costed him dearly (who knows if he could've won the race?).
James1978

Post by James1978 »

How about Massa for completely spitting out the dummy at the end of the race? Hamilton was castigated for that in Monaco and you all jumped on him......(yes I know this incident was due to Hamilton's misjudgement and can sort of understand Massa's frustration but he could easily have taken the moral high ground but instead he ends up looking a total idiot himself).

Reminds me of how Trulli behaved with Sutil in Brazil 2009 - incidentally Hamilton seems to be going through a period now similar to Sutil in 2009, they just seem to the drawn into collisions!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Despite the lacklustresness of the likes of Kobayashi and the Renaults, my vote goes to...
*drumroll*
HAMILTON

We are talking about a former World Champion for cryin out loud. Stupid Stupid mistakes like that do not belong into a champions repertoire. Either grow up or get out Lewis, you're a disgrace.
Sure, the drive afterwards was solid but that mistake was just amateurish.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
ADx_Wales
Location: The Fortress of Sofatude, with a laptop and a penchant for buying now TV day passes for F1 races.

Post by ADx_Wales »

ROTR : Hamilton Bashers

You know exactly who you are, and for a mere racing incident where an opponent driver's tyre got shaved.

"You have no talent whatsoever, but your drive through the field was commendable, one of the drives of the decade" WHAT!?!?!?!?!?

I may be showing a slight smidge of Hamilton Fanboy in this nomination, but seriously, if that was anyone else doing the tyre shaving nobody would have said a thing...
"The worst part of my body that hurt in the fire was my balls" Gerhard Berger on Imola 1989
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

ADx_Wales wrote:I may be showing a slight smidge of Hamilton Fanboy in this nomination, but seriously, if that was anyone else doing the tyre shaving nobody would have said a thing...

But it wasn't someone else, it was Hamilton. Again.

Obviously the no-talent part is rubbish - I think he is the most talented driver of the whole field, but he can't build up on this lately at all because of his impatience and obviously now his growing and growing frustration.

Anyway, I wouldn't give the ROTR for him this time around, it has to go to Schumacher, who just can't avoid hitting Saubers in Singapore, or Renault, who can't get enough from Lotus - after the name, they also want their performance. :lol:
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

ADx_Wales wrote:ROTR : Hamilton Bashers

You know exactly who you are, and for a mere racing incident where an opponent driver's tyre got shaved.

"You have no talent whatsoever, but your drive through the field was commendable, one of the drives of the decade" WHAT!?!?!?!?!?

I may be showing a slight smidge of Hamilton Fanboy in this nomination, but seriously, if that was anyone else doing the tyre shaving nobody would have said a thing...

But we're not just assessing Hamilton based on his collision with Massa in the race. Maybe that was just entirely down to track position and brake lock-ups, but there was no excusing the completely pointless near-collision on a qualifying outlap. It's just the latest in a string of incidents that shows Lewis Hamilton has no realy respect for other drivers.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

ADx_Wales wrote:I may be showing a slight smidge of Hamilton Fanboy in this nomination, but seriously, if that was anyone else doing the tyre shaving nobody would have said a thing...

Nonsense.

If Schumacher did it, there'd be a chorus of how the old man was past it. Same with Rubens and probably Trulli. If Vettel had done it, we'd hear about how "terrible" he is in traffic. Alonso? Massa? They'd be accused of losing the plot. Maldonado, D'Ambrosio, Senna, possibly even Petrov or Alguesuari? People would complain that they haven't got enough talent/experience to be in F1 using this an example. Sure a gripe would be applied to most of the rest of the field too.

Webber, Rosberg, Kobayashi and Button might have gotten away without much comment. But that's it.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Enforcer wrote:
Nonsense.

If Schumacher did it, there'd be a chorus of how the old man was past it. Same with Rubens and probably Trulli. If Vettel had done it, we'd hear about how "terrible" he is in traffic. Alonso? Massa? They'd be accused of losing the plot. Maldonado, D'Ambrosio, Senna, possibly even Petrov or Alguesuari? People would complain that they haven't got enough talent/experience to be in F1 using this an example. Sure a gripe would be applied to most of the rest of the field too.

Webber, Rosberg, Kobayashi and Button might have gotten away without much comment. But that's it.

If it was Webber we'ld go on about how he's simply gone beyond caring :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Oh Hamilton has talent alright. He can be quick. But for cryin out loud, such amateurish mistakes has no place in F1, especially not from a former world champ. Enforcer hit the nail on the head.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Wizzie wrote:
Enforcer wrote:
Nonsense.

If it was Webber we'ld go on about how he's simply gone beyond caring :lol:

Or how much inferior a driver he's against Vettel, because he can't get past a much slower car properly...
IdeFan

Post by IdeFan »

In terms of RoTR I am willing to forgive Lewis Hamilton on this one. His move was amateurish and clumsy (he had plenty of room) but I am not sure it was worth a penalty and he followed it up with a good recovery drive.

My nomination therefore goes to Group-Lotus-Bahar-Toleman-Bennetton-Lada-Renault. How the mighty have fallen, from podiums and top four contender to battling with Team Lotus and Virgin. It looks like the team badly needs Robert Kubica to come backand give them some focus, but with performances like this, why would Kubica want to come back?

Special mention to Kobayashi who had a terrible weekend and needs to find some more speed in both quali and the race to stop his current backwards trend (four pointless races in a row now, whilst generally being outdriven by Perez). Lets hope his home race in Japan helps him regain his spark.
"Well we've got this ridiculous situation where we're all sitting by the start-finish line waiting for a winner to come past and we don't seem to be getting one!" - James Hunt, Monaco 1982