Here we go again...

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Jeroen Krautmeir

Re: Here we go again...

Post by Jeroen Krautmeir »

nome66 wrote:talladega

If CART couldn't handle TMS, there's no way in hell that F1 could handle Talladega.

Admittedly, this is F1 Rejects! :D
Honourary Youngest Forum Member, Joint Mackem Of The Forum

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:

If CART couldn't handle TMS, there's no way in hell that F1 could handle Talladega.

I'd love to max out some go-karts on the Talladega banking.
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

thehemogoblin wrote:
Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:

I'd love to max out some go-karts on the Talladega banking.

I know a guy who's raced a 125cc kart around the Daytona roval. He told me you get up over 100mph, but eventually hit an aerodynamic wall, and are forced to run single file around the track until you reach the infield, which is your only opportunity to improve your position. Frustrating, apparently.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
nome66

Post by nome66 »

if they run this new york race anywhere it should either be the central park circuit designed back in 2010 or the meadowlands.
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Just so long as a driver isn't murdered in the process (I watched CSI:NY recently and in series 6 an episode is based around a fictional form of indycar racing there)
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

I know of the episode in question. It's absolutely ridiculous. The use Robert Kubica's infamous Montreal wipeout as an example of a crash at the "Monaco 400".
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

nome66 wrote:if they run this new york race anywhere it should either be the central park circuit designed back in 2010 or the meadowlands.

Meadowlands? ;)

F1000X wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:
Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:[quote="nome66" talladega /quote]

Admittedly, this is F1 Rejects! :D[/quote]

I'd love to max out some go-karts on the Talladega banking.[/quote]

I know a guy who's raced a 125cc kart around the Daytona roval. He told me you get up over 100mph, but eventually hit an aerodynamic wall, and are forced to run single file around the track until you reach the infield, which is your only opportunity to improve your position. Frustrating, apparently.[/quote]

Sounds kind of like F1, really. :P

But I'd love to see F1 at the Milwaukee Mile or some other track where working TRAFFIC determines the race. I hate all this crap about tracks being too short. As long as the track can physically fit 26 F1 cars on the racing surface, it's fine.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Frentzen127

Post by Frentzen127 »

Captain Hammer wrote:I know of the episode in question. It's absolutely ridiculous. The use Robert Kubica's infamous Montreal wipeout as an example of a crash at the "Monaco 400".

Also KERS is a metallic cylinder with 2 wires coming out of it.
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

:lol: yeah that's what I thought when I was watching it, really terrible research went into that episode
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

I suspect most of it was adjusted to fit the demands of the story.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Frentzen127 wrote:
Captain Hammer wrote:I know of the episode in question. It's absolutely ridiculous. The use Robert Kubica's infamous Montreal wipeout as an example of a crash at the "Monaco 400".

Also KERS is a metallic cylinder with 2 wires coming out of it.

And 2-driver showdowns before a race are completely acceptable.

I remember asking myself repeatedly what the hell I was watching.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

tommykl wrote:I remember asking myself repeatedly what the hell I was watching.

You were watching Danica Patrick act better than Gary Sinise. Who, in turn, was acting better than the other guy. According to Wikipedia, his name is Eddie Cahill. Who was better than Jennifer Aniston in 'Friends'. It's like six Degrees of Kevin Bacon ... I wonder how far I can take this?

But still, full credit for the use of Them Crooked Vultures at the start of the clip. Danica, motorsport, crime and Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and John Paul bathplugging Jones ... what the hell went wrong? Aside from the script that was apparently written by stringing buzzwords together. And that they're apparently driving Formula 3 cars.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Since I love unneeded hostilities, I say that's what you get for watching CSI and not Law & Order. :P
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Klon wrote:Since I love unneeded hostilities, I say that's what you get for watching CSI and not Columbo. :P

Fixed.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Captain Hammer wrote:You were watching Danica Patrick act better than Gary Sinise.

The closer Danica Patrick's ever going to be to F1.
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Klon wrote:Since I love unneeded hostilities, I say that's what you get for watching CSI and not Poirot. :P

NOW its fixed
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Well really it's all about Inspector Morse to be fair, but anyway, moving on from detective shows :lol: