Reject of the Race - China 2024

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

Reject of the Race - China 2024

Post by Londoner »

1. Lance Stroll. wut r braks?

2. Kevin Magnussen. wut r mirrors?
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
rachel1990

Re: Reject of the Race - China 2024

Post by rachel1990 »

1 K-mag. That dive bomb on Yuki was ridiculous and took Yuki completely out of the Race. Deserved a harsher penalty than 10 seconds.

2 Lance Stroll. I did have him as a hm but I have now changed my mind because he has just blamed Danny Ric. Yes the bunching together was not good but he could have taken extra care. And now blaming Danny Ric is a joke.

Hm.Alpine Pitstops. Clearly taking lessons from the Sauber/Stake team about how to perform them.

Hm- HRH Lewis Hamilton. Lucked into a points position thanks to the safety car. Otherwise it would be another dreadful weekend.
Last edited by rachel1990 on 21 Apr 2024, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
IceG

Post by IceG »

Driver: Stroll for ruining Piastri's and Ricciardo's races - he really does not deserve that seat

Team: Mercedes for their dire lacklustre performance - two points places was flattering
Batty

Post by Batty »

Stroll - That was peak rejecfulness that harks back to what this award was like back in the day. Ironically happened cause his teammate broke late but still could have like seen that coming and tried to move. 10 second penalty is the right thing.

HM: Alpine for that botched stop on Gasly that got someone hurt. K-Mag gets a shout too.
Last edited by Batty on 21 Apr 2024, 09:02, edited 2 times in total.
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

I'd be happy enough to jointly give it to Lance and Kevin for their haplessness completely destroying RB's race within a lap.
rachel1990 wrote: 21 Apr 2024, 08:57 Hm- HRH Lewis Hamilton. Lucked into a points position thanks to the safety car. Otherwise it would be another dreadful weekend.
Yeah I don't think Lewis drove terribly well, resigned himself fairly early in the race - shocked to see how high he was on the DOTD rankings.
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Another vote for Stroll.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Stroll is fast becoming the laughing stock so him, and a big DHM for K-Mag too.

Hamilton gets off for his sprint performance.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Kevin Magnussen: For his amateur sim racer dive bomb on Tsunoda.

Troll: Probably not entirely his fault, but the screw ups just keep coming.
RAK

Post by RAK »

Lance Stroll: How much longer are Aston Martin going to sacrifice points from him?
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

K-Mag & Stroll: do they not like the RB Formula One Team? What’s the ridiculous deal?
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
Jarvis

Post by Jarvis »

Lance Stroll. The lad doesn't seem to be improving.
My F1 Favorites: Fav Track | Fav Driver | Fav App
dj_vicious

Post by dj_vicious »

1. Lance Stroll: Okay he made a dumb mistake, but what affirmed him into my main ROTR nomination for this GP is how he doubled down on blaming Ricciardo. Lance buddy, I get it. You glanced over at the leaders for accelerating (restarting) out of the hairpin, and at the worst moment a chain reaction happened and you rear ended DR. If you just admitted to the momentary lapse and apologized it would be entirely forgivable. Instead you shift the blame to Ricciardo who is reacting to the cars in front. Rich words from an underperforming driver.

2. Race Control and their safety car mess: I've marshaled F1 and in the last couple years there's a lot of bureaucracy and red tape before you can go trackside. It's a balancing act between getting the car moved and getting permission to move the car. Race control would have been well informed by the corner captain that Bottas' car was stuck in gear and they needed a crane lift. After deciding on a safety car, we have 3 (ish?) laps under safety car when Bottas' vehicle would have been well behind the barriers. I'll forgive the Tsunoda incident as I believe they were sweeping debris.

I am 100 percent for VSC/SC when cars are cleared in the interest of safety, but there should never be a parade. In most cases a lap under SC is more than enough to clear a car.

HM. Lewis Hamilton: I'm sure the directors were emphasizing the drama, but oh my gosh, just shut up and drive. That said, he performed very well this weekend in spite of a bad qualifying so he redeemed himself.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Stroll: I don’t think he’ll be picking Australia amongst his holiday destinations any time soon given he wrecked both Piastri and Ricciardo’s races and then he flat out blames Daniel for the accident when he was merely reacting to what was happening ahead.

Magnussen: Sim racing-esque move on Tsunoda, he’s kind of carried on where he left off 2023, if Ollie Bearman’s going to get a full and deserved crack at F1 then Magnussen being replaced at Haas is the only logical choice I see

HM: Hamilton: I’ll be generous and not outright nominate him given the way he superbly executed the Sprint. The less said about his weekend after that though the better

HM: Tsunoda: First time all season he’s been genuinely put in the shade by Ricciardo. He had no pace whatsoever before Magnussen T-Boned him
MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx

Post by MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx »

I nominate the stewards who gave Stroll 2 penalty points for careering into the back of another car behind a SC, K-Mag 2 points for swiping out Yuki and Fernando 3 points for some wheelbanging with Sainz which gave him a puncture.... :facepalm:
Some people are looking for the meaning of life.Me,I'll be satisfied with a cute girl who can tell her Andrea Moda from her AGS...