Interesting tweets

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
dr-baker

Interesting tweets

Post by dr-baker »

Sometimes I come across an interesting tweet that I want to share on here, but can't find a suitable place for it, so I'm making a place.

And the first tweet will go to the original rejectful safety car moment, it's debut. It was so rejectful, the safety car would literally not be seen again for 20 years....
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Har1MAS1415

Re: Interesting tweets

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

dr-baker wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 09:50 Sometimes I come across an interesting tweet that I want to share on here, but can't find a suitable place for it, so I'm making a place.

And the first tweet will go to the original rejectful safety car moment, it's debut. It was so rejectful, the safety car would literally not be seen again for 20 years....
First appearance was rejectful, second was tragic, third time....lucky?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Har1MAS1415 wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 10:11
dr-baker wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 09:50 Sometimes I come across an interesting tweet that I want to share on here, but can't find a suitable place for it, so I'm making a place.

How was its use at the 1993 Brazilian GP tragic?

(I guess you are assuming that the second use of the safety car was actually the 1994 San Marino GP, which I think is either the 3rd or 4th use of the car.)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

dr-baker wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 12:37

(I guess you are assuming that the second use of the safety car was actually the 1994 San Marino GP, which I think is either the 3rd or 4th use of the car.)
I did mean Imola 1994, sorry, my bad! If that was the 3rd time then that was the definition of unlucky.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Har1MAS1415 wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 12:55

I did mean Imola 1994, sorry, my bad! If that was the 3rd time then that was the definition of unlucky.
To be honest, I don't think the use of the safety car in 1993 is all that well-known. I certainly didn't for a long time!
MCard LOLA
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

dr-baker wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 13:08
Har1MAS1415 wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 12:55

To be honest, I don't think the use of the safety car in 1993 is all that well-known. I certainly didn't for a long time!
That makes two of us.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

It seems it was used in the 1993 British GP as well...
MCard LOLA
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

dr-baker wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 13:31 It seems it was used in the 1993 British GP as well...
So Imola 1994 was at least the 4th time, unlucky if you're Japanese, don't know about Brazil.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

MCard LOLA
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

It very much strikes me that they did not get the desired budget to correctly staff the series. At least, not enough has been allocated to the budget of communications. I would imagine as always that an un(der)paid intern has been given a free trial of Adobe Premier, and will be required to get a whole weekend's package of highlights and narration and interviews out "by Wednesday".

It's still so soon after the collapse of the old series that I would have been more amazed had money just suddenly come out of nowhere to it.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Rob Dylan wrote: 28 Apr 2023, 07:49 It very much strikes me that they did not get the desired budget to correctly staff the series. At least, not enough has been allocated to the budget of communications. I would imagine as always that an un(der)paid intern has been given a free trial of Adobe Premier, and will be required to get a whole weekend's package of highlights and narration and interviews out "by Wednesday".

It's still so soon after the collapse of the old series that I would have been more amazed had money just suddenly come out of nowhere to it.
The replies to the tweet below suggests that most followers would be happy if a few interns just stood round the track live-streaming from their phones rather than have nothing. Many are saying that they can watch live streams of go kart races on other continents without problem...
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

The first tweet below is just humorous but the second one is bloody frustrating, particularly bearing in mind the tweets above. The comments to the tweet sum it up.

MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I have not seen thecphoto below of Roland Ratzenberger before to the best of my recollection.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

1. I forgot that Jarno Trulli drove for Caterham Team Lotus.

2. I was not expecting an F1 meme in this kind of Twitter X threads.

MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Get the papayas ready, someone dared to say the name of He Whose Name Shall Not Be Mentioned (HWNSNBM)!
MCard LOLA
Row Man Gross-Gene

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

Papayas galore! And what a sound!
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I suspect Paul McGinnes isn't member of this forum.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Bleu wrote: 11 Nov 2023, 17:48 I suspect Paul McGinnes isn't member of this forum.
Makes me wonder how many times His Name has been mentioned at McLaren for the cars to be papaya coloured…
MCard LOLA
Jarvis

Post by Jarvis »

My F1 Favorites: Fav Track | Fav Driver | Fav App
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I'm glad of this break between seasons. Having so many races is getting a bit saturated. How football and NASCAR fans cope with so many events per season is beyond me.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This I would like to see.
MCard LOLA
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Visa (I guess some national branch of it) was a small sponsor for Minardi in 1998

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Bleu wrote: 22 Jan 2024, 18:29 Visa (I guess some national branch of it) was a small sponsor for Minardi in 1998

MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

MCard LOLA