Driver Profile - Vincenzo Sospiri

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Afternoon everyone :deletraz:

Much has been written over the years about the Mastercard Lola debacle and the hapless Ricardo Rosset. But little attention has been paid to the other man who had to grapple with the T97/30. That man's name is Vincenzo Sospiri, and 30+ years ago he had a junior resume to rival Michael Schumacher and Mika Hakkinen. Sadly he never quite got the breaks that others in his generation did. We at Grand Prix Rejects aim to change that with our latest Driver Profile!

Detailing his stellar junior career and exploits in CART/IRL across the pond, Rob Dylan has once again worked his profiling magic to bring the Italian's story to a wider audience, which you can read right here today!

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dr-baker

Re: Driver Profile - Vincenzo Sospiri

Post by dr-baker »

Vincenzo Sosperi, the only driver not to be absolutely in last place in a qualifying session in a MasterCard Lola!

And the Lola thread is the the most valuable thread on the forum? I guess you mean most viewed? Either way, I wouldn't have anticipated that when I first created that thread. Kinda proud of that.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CoopsII

Re: Driver Profile - Vincenzo Sospiri

Post by CoopsII »

Lovely stuff. Also, I had forgotten about Broadleys claim that they planned to win the championship in year four of competing. How hilarious to think of Lola beating Schumacher and his F2001. But it reminded me of car launches of old when teams would make patently ridiculous claims about such things, do they still do that or are they more realistic now?
Just For One Day...