39%
Nicholas Latifi
28%

Total votes: 18

Londoner

Reject of the Race - Singapore 2022

Post by Londoner »

Where to start with this one? :deletraz:

1. Alpine. Two engine blowups in one race is almost unheard of nowadays. Ocon's engine's performing an excellent 1980s tribute act being the cherry on top Probably the most costly of all the ROTR contenders given McLaren's excellent afternoon.

2. Nicholas Latifi. wut r mirrors? A brilliant Jean-Denis Deletraz impression today

Lots and lots of honourable mentions today:

George Russell had an absolute tragicomedy of an afternoon. Probably spent more laps in last place today than his entire Williams stint.

Max Verstappen drove like a total berk today, had he not messed up the pass on Norris this would've been an easy victory after the Tsunoda SC.

Lewis Hamilton threw away a possible podium with a ridiculous unforced error.

Race Control hardly covered themselves in glory with multiple late calls for SC and VSC all day.

Haas converted their brilliant Saturday efforts into P12 and P13, out of 14 finishers. :badoer:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Reject of the Race - Singapore 2022

Post by Klon »

Since I didn't actually watch the race, have this pointless nomination: Journalists Who Wrote About Verstappen Breaking's Vettel 2013 Winning Streak Record. So much for that. A bit on the overreaction, eh?
You-Gee-Eee-Day

Post by You-Gee-Eee-Day »

Missed most of the race but I read a few recaps and what the heck is going on with these drivers?

1. Lewis Hamilton - This guy supposedly once won championships.
2. Alpine - We need a new KURBELWELLENLAGER for Renault engines but the translation is apparently "roulements de vilebrequin" :deletraz:
:deletraz:

F1 2019 in a nutshell:
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
"Ferrari is faster"
Mercedes 1-2
IceG

Post by IceG »

Not going to criticise any F1 driver who makes a mistake on a street track in the wet so...

(1) Alpine - two engine failures is not good

(2) Nothing else really
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Alpine Double DNF when McLaren make off with a decent haul.

Williams Very poor race for them. Also double DNF.

Mercedes Benz' Drivers. Was going to award to their entire team, but tbf, apart from the early slick gamble on Russell, and there's an argument that was worth trying, the team didn't do a whole lot wrong. Lewis & George had races riddled with mistakes though.
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

1. Nicolas Latifi, for driving with as much consideration as the average cryptobro with a Tesla Model X.
  2. Alpine, for blowing an almost nailed-on F1.5 win thanks to their engines going on strike.
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

ROTR: Latifi, easy. No excuse for that. None.

Honorable Mention: Alpine for their engines.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
Har1MAS1415

Post by Har1MAS1415 »

1. Mercedes - 2023 can't come sooner. Enough said.
2. Nicholas Latifi - You're out of a job mate! Again, enough said.
Spectoremg

Post by Spectoremg »

1. Race Control but hopefully they'll give Checo a 5s penalty.
2. Nothing else.
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

1. Williams. Terribly slow and both drivers binned it. Could have got points if they kept it on the road.

2- Alpine. Reliability was dreadful for them today. Both cars out with possible engine problems....

HM- George Russell. Um.... Clipping Mick wrecked both their races (though George's was ruined anyway)

HM- Max Verstappen- could have won this race. But he blew it twice. Seb will keep the record of 9 in a row.

Hm Lewis Hamilton- not a good day for Mercedes. Lewis also blew it twice by going off road.

Hm Yuki Tsunoda- he has done it again. Out of the pits, into the wall.

Hm Stewarding. Took too long to get Safety cars or VSC's out but they don't have time to investigate if Perez broke SC rules even though there was still time on the clock.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

Some good points brought up by yourselves but George Russell takes it for me - off the pace all weekend, many mistakes, far too early on the dry tyres and just drove into the side of Schumacher. At least Latifi and Hamilton put their hands up pretty much immediately for their botches but Russell's unearned arrogance continues to be his undoing. Alpine cut it close for their dramatic technical woes but over the whole weekend Russell gets a 10/10 reject performance he can be proud of.
Psyclepath

Post by Psyclepath »

Easy one for me:

Stewards - There was plenty of time to investigate Perez's infringement. Why wait until after the race, potentially overshadowing one of Sergio's greatest F1 drives?
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

Psyclepath wrote: 02 Oct 2022, 15:26 Easy one for me:

Stewards - There was plenty of time to investigate Perez's infringement. Why wait until after the race, potentially overshadowing one of Sergio's greatest F1 drives?
If I could speculate for a second - maybe the reason it's been delayed is because it'll only amount to a talking to and a reprimand?

Can't wait for them to slap a proper penalty on and for both my posts to age like spoilt milk.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

1. Mercedes - Good pace wasted by erratic driving and questionable strategy
2. Alpine - Double engine failure deserves a mention

Honorable mentions:
Yuki Tsunoda - another accident, admittedly in tricky conditions but he is making too many of these errors
Max Verstappen - a few costly errors made it a weekend to forget for him
Nicholas Latifi - rookie error
Race control - The rain delay was justified, its duration was not. They raced in worse conditions in 2017. SC and VSC decisions lacked consistency.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
RAK

Post by RAK »

1) Mercedes: Just a generally poor performance all round, particularly Russell, but Hamilton threw away a possible podium.

2) Max Verstappen: Strangely off the boil today.

Dishonourable Mention: Alpine - All that promise squandered with unreliability problems.
Last edited by RAK on 02 Oct 2022, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Mercedes: Utter garbage. Russell with probably the worst weekend of his young career with no pace and a clumsy collision with Schumacher while Hamilton threw away a potential podium with a simple mistake, did nothing about the Aston Martin’s and his attempt to pass Vettel? 😂😂😂

Alpine: What a horrible night for them. The reliability problems have returned and McLaren’s performance was the cherry on the cake

HM: Max Verstappen: I honestly believed he was going to win until his mistake. In a way I’m glad he didn’t because the conspiracy loons would have cried about another Tsunoda SC.

HM: Nicolas Latifi: Wut are mirrors? At least he admitted his error

HM: Perez’s investigation: Can we please solve these during the race and not after it? Let everyone know where the driver stands
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Nicholas Latifi: What the bathplug was that? De Vries should have got his seat for the rest of the season, really.

Dishonorable mention: Alpine for a double DNF
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Mercedes were a disappointment today.

But I have just watched the W Series race and I much preferred watching a daytime race from this track than a nighttime race. At night, I just can't appreciate how much the marina surrounds the track and how much of the track is so close to the water.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
James1978

Post by James1978 »

So many possibles I'll wait for the voting to start to see what possibilities there are. But not knowing the race winner when the chequered flag drops really gets my goat.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
dj_vicious

Post by dj_vicious »

1. Tsunoda: How has he not run out of chances yet?

2. Russell: I don't know what was worse this race, his driving or his attitude.

HM. Alpine: Double DNF for engine/reliability issues.

HM. Hamilton and Verstappen: The top two guys in the sport and they both made unforced errors. Threw away podiums, likely for both of them.

HM. Latifi: We're counting down the races before this guy is rightfully out of the sport.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

1. Alpine. Double mechanical DNF is always a case in this category, this time with McLaren's performance even more so.

2. George Russell. Change to slicks was too early but still understandable - I expected someone outside of top 10 to be first one. But out in Q2, then incidents with Bottas and Schumacher in the race mean he deserves a mention.
Batty

Post by Batty »

Rain for making me sad :(

But seriously George Russell
- A lot of lock ups in FPs
- Jobbed out to K-Mag in Q2
- Incident with Bottas
- Incident with Mick

But he got FL but yeah was all over the shop
Row Man Gross-Gene

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

Kind of surprised there aren't more Red Bull nominations. If Ferrari had under-fueled their lead driver in qualifying, they'd be leading the nominations right now. Total rookie error.
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
Gertrand Bachot

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

Verstappen - he deserves it
MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx

Post by MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx »

*puts on cynical hat* Perhaps it was to wait and see how far ahead he would finish to see what effect a 5-second penalty would have?
Some people are looking for the meaning of life.Me,I'll be satisfied with a cute girl who can tell her Andrea Moda from her AGS...
mario

Post by mario »

Row Man Gross-Gene wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 12:34 Kind of surprised there aren't more Red Bull nominations. If Ferrari had under-fueled their lead driver in qualifying, they'd be leading the nominations right now. Total rookie error.
That was a poor operational error, but I think that it was somewhat overshadowed by the events of the race.
MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 17:08

*puts on cynical hat* Perhaps it was to wait and see how far ahead he would finish to see what effect a 5-second penalty would have?
I do have to agree there - it feels like, given the backlash after the 2019 Canadian GP, the sport has basically decided that it's not going to impose a penalty that could drop the leader into second place and so the stewards were probably under pressure to wait until after the race to adjust the penalties accordingly.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

This was a tricky one to get together into a poll. About equal nominations for the Merc team and its two drivers separately, while there were a couple of potential fourth candidates who imo simply didn't get enough individual traction to warrant a fourth option. Poll is open for 48 hours, and it's at the top of this thread!
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l