2021 IMSA SportsCar Championship - 12 Hours of Sebring!

The place for current RWRS universe and "canon" historical series
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

2021 IMSA SportsCar Championship - 12 Hours of Sebring!

Post by Stareagle »

It is time for the 2021 IMSA SportsCar Championship season!

This will be the 51st IMSA season and the end of an era. The 2022 Keto Technologies SportsCar Series (KTSS) season will be sanctioned by the new North American Motor Sports Association (NAMSA), formed in 2020 by the merger of properties owned by Roger Penske and the France family.

Simulator: Lights to Flag

Classes: Grand Touring Prototype (GTP), Grand Touring Daytona (GTD), Electric Grand Touring (eGT)

Cars: GTP teams can develop their own chassis or purchase customer chassis from Oreca, Dallara, Multimatic, or FCT. GTD and eGT teams can use any car approved for Group GT3 racing. GTP and GTD teams will require one car per team. eGT teams will require one car per driver.

Engines: GTP and GTD teams will be able to buy customer hybrid engines from several manufacturers - the same engine spec will be used in both series. eGT teams will be able to do the same, with several choices of customer electric engines.

Here's the link for information about suppliers: Supplier List

Drivers: Each team will require two full-time drivers and at least one part-driver to take part in the five endurance races. Any RL or fictional driver is eligible, subject to availability and contract agreement. Full-time drivers will have a seasonal salary, while part-time drivers will be paid on a per-race basis. Drivers will be ranked in tiers from 1 (Lewis Hamilton) to 10 (young IndyLights drivers) with suggested salaries for each tier, and an RNG will be used to make their contract decisions.

(Real-life driver tiers will be set by actual performance. Fictional drivers will be set by performance in canonical series.)

Teams: There will be 32 cars on the grid, with a minimum of eight cars in each class. A 33rd car (Tesla Motorsports) will be entered in eGT to test the Tesla engines for the 2022 Nikola Tesla Trophy presented by SpaceX. The Telsa Trophy will be using GTP chassis, possibly with less stringent safety rules, and (much?) more powerful versions of eGT engines.

Numbers: Each team will have a unique number for each car (1-99), with #1 reserved for the defending GTP championship team. For the 2021 season, it will be given to Penske Racing.

Budgets: Each team in a class will have the same starting budget, which will be used for chassis, engines, drivers, repairs, testing, and upgrades. Money can be earned through race winnings, sponsorship, TV money, and subsidies. TV money will be based on the total popularity of the field of drivers. Top-tier drivers will get a better TV contract, and high-profile foreign drivers could get the series shown in their home countries.

Testing: Several free test sessions will be scheduled immediately after race weekends. GTP teams can earn subsidies from Tesla Motorsports by running Tesla Trophy engines in their race chassis on test days. The subsidy does not cover damage.

IMSA 51 will include 16 races.
  1. Jan. 24: Motul Daytona Qualifying Race, Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, Fla. (2 hours)
  2. Jan. 30: Rolex 24 of Daytona, Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, Fla. (24 hours)
  3. Feb. 28: Foyt/Rutherford 12 Hours of Texas, Circuit of the Americas, Austin, Tex. (12 hours)
  4. Mar. 20: Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring, Sebring International Raceway, Sebring, Fla. (12 hours)
  5. Apr. 11: Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach, Long Beach Street Course, Long Beach, Cal. (3 hours)
  6. Apr 25: Hyundai Monterey Sports Car Championship, WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, Monterey, Cal. (3 hours)
  7. May 16: Acura Sports Car Challenge, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington, Ohio (3 hours)
  8. June 11: Detroit Grand Prix, The Raceway on Belle Isle, Detroit, Mich. (3 hours)
  9. June 27: Sahlen's Six Hours of the Glen, Watkins Glen International, Watkins Glen, NY (6 hours)
  10. July 2: Chevrolet Grand Prix, Mosport Park, Bowmanville, Ont. (3 hours)
  11. July 25: Northeast Grand Prix, Lime Rock Park, Lakeville, Conn. (3 hours)
  12. Aug. 7: IMSA Sports Car Weekend, Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wis. (3 hours)
  13. Aug. 28: Michelin GT Challenge at VIR, Virginia International Raceway, Alton, Virg. (3 hours)
  14. Sept. 11: Molson Grand Prix, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal, Que. (3 hours)
  15. Sept. 18: Toronto Grand Prix, Exhibition Place, Toronto, Ont. (3 hours)
  16. Oct. 2: Petit Le Mans, Road Atlanta, Atlanta, Ga. (12 hours)
Most race weekends consist of a 60-minute practice on Saturday morning and a 60-minute qualifying session on Saturday afternoon.

In a 3-hour race, both drivers must drive at least 75 minutes. In endurance races, all three drivers must drive at least 90 minutes for every six hours.

The following teams will be part of the season:

GTP: Penske Racing (#1 and #7), Ganassi Racing (#8 and #9), Andretti Motorsports (#5 and #6)
GTD: Corvette Racing (#3 and #4)
eGT: Porsche 99X Racing (#99), Audi eTron Racing (#36), Mercedes Racing (#44), BMW iFE Racing (#22)

Potential team owners should let me know if they want one of those teams or a fictional team. Teams can consist of one or two cars.
Last edited by Stareagle on 04 Sep 2022, 01:05, edited 9 times in total.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2021 IMSA SportsCar Championship (and Tesla Cup testing)

Post by Klon »

I am now in a bit of a pinch, since I would love to run both Andretti Autosport and Mercedes Racing. So I will do it as follows. Whichever one of these two is taken first by someone else is for that person to run. I'll take the other one that's left.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

I am interested in fielding both a GTP or GTD/eGT team, with first preference to GTP. If there are not enough entries I can run a GTD or eGT team as well.

I propose for US-based Kronstadt Technology Team to make the jump to the new GTP format. The team, a part of the German conglomerate Kronstadt Technolgie AG, faced a sharp setback after the mysterious deaths of CEO Robert Knox and his daughter and former racing driver Sierra Knox at the 2018 Dragon Electric Enduro in Miami. Now under the new leadership of Lena Bjoernshauge and having a few years as a chassis manufacturer under their belt the team wants to take the plunge in GTP.

The company prefers to build its own chassis, if budget permits. While having experience similar to Dragon Racing and having comparatively more funding the team understands that it is a major jump to race in IMSA.

Last edited by CaptainGetz12 on 17 May 2022, 04:13, edited 1 time in total.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stareagle »

Budgets

The starting budget for a Prototype (GTP) team will be $500 per car. For Grand Touring Daytona (GTD), it will be $400 per car. For Electric Grand Touring (eGT), it will be $500 - but remember while GTP and GTD need one car per team, eGT needs one car per driver. That's two for a three-hour race and three for endurance races.

Drivers: The sexiest place to spend money is, of course, drivers. Having big-name drivers will help with sponsorship and, across the entire IMSA field, will help with TV contracts. Drivers fall into tiers based on past performance, with each tier having a recommended yearly and per-race salary. You can go over or under these with your bids, but that will impact your odds of getting the driver.
  1. Tier 1: The greatest drivers in history. Fangio, Clark, Senna, Schumacher. The only active driver in this tier is Lewis Hamilton. Suggested bid: $125 annual/$10 single race.
  2. Tier 2: First-ballot inductees into the Motorsport Hall of Fame. You need multiple F1 titles to reach this level. The only active driver in this tier, and he is coming close to sliding out of it, is Sebastian Vettel. Suggested bid: $100/$9
  3. Tier 3: With very few exceptions, you need to have won an F1 championship to reach this tier. A.J. Foyt might be the only driver to have reached this tier without significant F1 success. Mario Andretti goes here, as do a lot of F1 champions. The two active drivers are, unsurprisingly, Max Verstappen and Fernando Alonso. Suggested bid $75/$8
  4. Tier 4: Very successful F1 drivers who never quite won a title, along with the drivers who dominated their own forms of racing. Dale Earnhardt Sr. and Richard Petty are in here. Tom Kristensen. Active drivers include Jimmie Johnson, Valtteri Bottas, and, thanks to the last few years of his career, Kimi Raikkonen. Suggested bid: $60/$7
  5. Tier 5: F1 drivers who can contend for a title at their best, and successful multi-discipline drivers. Charles Leclerc. Felipe Massa. Daniel Riccardo. Helio Castroneves. JPM. Suggested bid: $45/$6
  6. Tier 6: #2 drivers for top F1 teams. #1 drivers for midfield teams. Stars in other forms of racing. Perez, Sainz, Norris, Gasly, Ocon and Stroll are all in here. So are Kurt and Kyle Busch, Chase Elliott, Denny Hamlin, and Kyle Larsen. Kazuki Nakajima. Simon Pagenaud. Sebastian Buemi. Suggested bid: $35/$5
  7. Tier 7: F1 backmarkers with some talent. George Russell and K-Mag. Martin Truex Jr. Stoffel Vandoorne. Top IndyCar drivers: Rossi, Hunter-Reay, Power, Sato, Newgarden. Filipe Alburquerque. $25/$4
  8. Tier 8: Most of the NASCAR field. Top BTCC drivers. Mediocre drivers who get great equipment because of their sponsors and/or name: Marco Andretti, Graham Rahal, Nikita Mazepin. Successful IMSA prototype drivers like Ricky Taylor, Felipe Nasr, Pipo Denardi and Jordan Taylor. $15/$3
  9. Tier 9: Successful IMSA GTD drivers like Katherine Legge. IndyCar and NASCAR rookies. $10/$2
  10. Tier 10: Everyone else. Suggested bid: $5/$1. A full-season contract must be for at least $5 and a one-race contract must be for at least $1.
You can sign drivers to 2 or 3 year deals, but they get a 20% raise for each season and the contract is guaranteed for anything other than injury or death.

Engines: A list of hybrid (GTP, GTD) and electric (eGT) engine options will be made available in the next few days. If you buy an auto company's engine - Mercedes, Toyota, Honda, BMW, etc. - you will be expected to use it in one of the company's GT3 cars. If you buy an engine from a specialty manufacturer - Keto, Penske, Roush, Hendrick, Menlo Park - you can stick it in any eligible GT3 car. Obviously, you can use any hybrid engine in any GTP chassis.

Chassis: GTP will have five chassis options - Dallara, Oreca, Multimatic, FCT, or Blank. The first four will cost the same, but have slightly different strengths and weaknesses. The fifth is an IMSA-approved safety cell that you can build from scratch. In game terms, the first four might have 20 points distributed among the game's chassis ratings. With a blank chassis, you will be allowed to buy 20 points worth of upgrades before preseason testing.

Sponsors: Each team will have a name sponsor, which will be either a car company or a brand. There will be five levels of payout, one before preseason testing, one before the first race and the others when you first put a driver on the podium, win a race and win a season championship. The first two levels will involve hiring drivers from near the brand's headquarters, hiring a driver from a certain demographic, hiring a specific driver or, in the case of car company sponsorship, using that company's cars. If you want to run GPR Chevrolet Racing in eGT, you should plan to race Corvettes.

Deaths/Life-Changing Injuries: No real-life driver will be killed or sustain permanent injuries in any of my series. Among the 1,000 reasons I wouldn't do that is, as a sportswriter in Detroit, I've interviewed a lot of the drivers in IndyCar, NASCAR and IMSA. I've gotten rides around the Belle Isle track with a couple. So, no.

Fictional drivers would only sustain major injuries with the approval of their controllers. This is much more likely to happen in Tesla Trophy testing/racing than in any sane series.
Last edited by Stareagle on 21 May 2022, 03:35, edited 2 times in total.
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stareagle »

CaptainGetz12 wrote: 16 May 2022, 23:25 I am interested in fielding both a GTP or GTD/eGT team, with first preference to GTP. If there are not enough entries I can run a GTD or eGT team as well.

I propose for Miami-based Kronstadt Technology Team to make the jump to the new GTP format. The team, a part of the German conglomerate Kronstadt Technolgie AG, faced a sharp setback after the mysterious deaths of CEO Robert Knox and his daughter and former racing driver Sierra Knox at the 2018 Dragon Electric Enduro in Miami. Now under the new leadership of Lena Bjoernshauge and having a few years as a chassis manufacturer under their belt the team wants to take the plunge in GTP.
Done. I will put Kronstadt on the list for a blank GTP chassis, and you are on the list for a GTD/eGT slot if one remains open.
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stareagle »

Klon wrote: 16 May 2022, 11:27 I am now in a bit of a pinch, since I would love to run both Andretti Autosport and Mercedes Racing. So I will do it as follows. Whichever one of these two is taken first by someone else is for that person to run. I'll take the other one that's left.
Done.
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stareagle »

Here's a Google Sheet with the list of chassis and engine suppliers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

A few notes:
  • A sponsors sheet will be added in the next 24 hours, at which time I'll finalize the starting budgets.
  • If you join a company's engine program, you will rely on their upgrades. If you build your own, you will be able to pay for upgrades. If you buy the older Mercedes engine - others will be added as the simulation goes on - you won't have a chance for upgrades.
  • GT3 and EGT cars will have quite similar ratings, no matter the make and model, but not precisely the same and they can be upgraded.
  • There have been minor adjustments made to the schedule to allow drivers to take part in IMSA and the World Endurance Championship.
For people looking for more team ideas, Toyota Gazoo Racing will have a two-car team in GTP and the engine lists might provide ideas for works teams.
Last edited by Stareagle on 28 May 2022, 03:20, edited 1 time in total.
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stareagle »

The Google sheet has been updated with sponsor information. A manufacturer sponsor can cover a full team, whether that be one or two cars. A brand sponsor can only cover one team. Feel free to suggest your own sponsorships, especially if you have a driver who brings sponsorship.

We'll now begin picking series, teams, and cars. Here's my team and the Tesla Trophy (2022 ETP) test team.

Series: EGT
Team Name: Tesla Motorsports.
Team Principal: Elon Musk (RSA)
Team Manager: Stareagle
Cars: 1
Car: Tesla Model 3 (modified to GT3 rules)
Engine: Tesla Trophy Engine (modified to EGT rules)
Car Number: #71

Series: GTD
Team Name: Nighthawk Motorsports
Team Principal: Oscar Myllyla (FIN)
Team Manager: Stareagle
Cars: 2
Car: Chevy Corvette C7 GT3-R
Engine: Hendrick Chevy NCS22
Car Numbers: #19 and #20

That leaves 30 grid spots left, with a minimum of eight per class. The Tesla EGT doesn't count against the limits.

The next phase will be picking drivers, followed by sponsorship, followed by preseason upgrades and testing.
Last edited by Stareagle on 21 May 2022, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stareagle »

Motorsports Century wrote: NAMSA Announces 2022 Unified Schedule
One of the promises of the North American Motor Sports Association (NAMSA) - formed by the merger of France and Penske interests - has already come true with the announcement of the 2022 American Racing Calendar.

Because of the move to 200-mile NASCAR Saturday/Sunday doubleheaders on many weekends, drivers will be able to run the full Cup and IMSA schedules. While the 2022 IndyCar schedule is not finalized, the expectation is that drivers will also be able to drive that full schedule while competing in IMSA.

"We want to develop the kind of racers we had in the 1960s and 1970s - drivers like Mario Andretti, A.J. Foyt, and Dan Gurney, who could win in anything with four wheels," NAMSA Chairman Roger Penske said. "There will be a series of cash prizes for the drivers with the best performances over multiple disciplines."

Penske announced the first two special prizes - a $1 million prize for the driver with the best average finish in the Daytona 500, 24 Hours of Daytona and Indy 500, going up to $2 million for anyone who wins two of the three and $5 million for a clean sweep, and even bigger, a $10 million prize for anyone who can sweep the Memorial Day weekend Indy/NASCAR doubleheader.

"We want to give drivers a fair shot, so we're going to rearrange the NASCAR schedule a bit," Penske said. "The Coca Cola 600 is going to move from Memorial Day weekend to the Fourth of July, and in its place, NASCAR is going to run the U.S. 500 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Memorial Day - the day after the 500."

Penske listened to the same question shouted from several reporters before laughing.

"Yes, we're really calling it the U.S. 500," he said. "Instead of being known as the worst idea we ever had for Memorial Day weekend, maybe it will now be known as the best."

With the introduction of the Nikola Tesla Cup presented by SpaceX also coming in 2022, as well as the merger of LeMans and Daytona Prototype classes, next year promises to see an epic revival in North American sports-car racing.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

(You may want to link the Google sheet on the first post for newcomers, just a suggestion)

My entries

Series: GTP
Team Name: Kronstadt Technology Team
Team Principal: Jost Capito (GER)
Team Manager: CaptainGetz12
Cars: 1
Car: Kronstadt RK-MK V ("Ashen Phoenix")
Engine: Keto FMM22
Car Number: #21

(Space for GTD Entry)
Last edited by CaptainGetz12 on 25 May 2022, 04:45, edited 1 time in total.
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Team Name: Team RM Vikingsport (USA)
Team Principal: Róbert Mikkelsson (ISL)
Team Manager: Pinkd56
Car: Vantage AMR GT3
Engine: N/A?
Car Numbers: #007 and #009

Car 007:
Full-Time: Dennis Olsen (NOR) ($8)
Full-Time: Ilja Dragunov (RUS) ($8) - DEC: Me!
Endurance: Nicki Thiim (DEN) ($3)

Car 009:
Full-Time: Henry Paul (GBR) ($8) - DEC: Me!
Full-Time: Travis Crabtree (USA) ($8) - DEC: Getz, Approved.
Endurance: Ross Gunn (GBR) ($2)
Last edited by Pinkd56 on 29 May 2022, 12:05, edited 2 times in total.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

I'll see if i'm doing this right.

GTP
WRT With FCT Racing#2
Team Manager: Yves Weerts, Vincent Vosse, René Verbist
Car Lamborghini (FCT)
Sponsor: FCT Racing
Eninge Audi LMH 23
Drivers: Mirko Bortolotti - Dries vanthoor - PT Robin Frijns

GTD
WRT Audi #12
Car:: R8 LMS Evo
Engine Audi LMH 23
Drivers: Laurens Vanthoor - Frederic Vervisch - PT Ferdinand Habsburg

WRT Audi #22
Car:: R8 LMS Evo
Engine Audi LMH 23
Drivers: Wouter Lamberigts -Ron Mignolet - PT Sean Geleal
Last edited by Butterfox on 21 May 2022, 00:32, edited 2 times in total.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Team Name: MarchSixteen Racing USA(USA)
Team Principal: Günther Steiner (ITA)
Team Manager: Hermann95
Car: Porsche 911 GT3 R
Engine: N/A?
Car Numbers: #95 and #96
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stareagle »

To answer a question from one of our owners:

If you are competing in GTD, the default is using cars and engines from the same company - that's how you can get sponsorship from the company, after all. However, since there are third-party engine manufacturers and the possibility of building your own engine, other combinations are legal. You can't run a Corvette with a BMW engine, but you could run Corvettes with Keto engines in GTD or EGT.

Also, there have been GT3 cars like the Ascari KZR-1 GT3 and the Morgan Aero Super Sport GT3 that used BMW engines instead of building their own.
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stareagle »

Updates:
  • More sponsors have been added to the Google sheet, including a special EGT sponsor that every team in the series can use.
  • Budgets have been updated to $500/car for GTP and EGT and $400/car for GTD.
  • Instead of buying separate cars for each driver on an EGT team, you can buy a $100 supercharger that will allow you to recharge the battery.
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stareagle »

Major Update

The Google Sheet now has a Drivers tab, that includes all 100+ drivers who are hoping to race in IMSA in 2021 and their expected salaries. You can bid higher or lower than that to impact your RNG roll.

The "series" column is what they have raced in the past, but you can hire them for GTP, GTD, or EGT.

The "tier" column (and the matching salary expectations) are based on their careers, although recent performances are highly weighted. Keep in mind that the driver tier impacts sponsorship RNG and, more importantly, TV contracts.

"Availability" is pretty self-explanatory. You can try to get an "Endurance" driver to sign with you for the full season, but you will have to convince them to give up another gig - often IndyCar. The "Daytona" drivers are not likely to sign for anything other than the 24 Hours of Daytona.

Fictional drivers are encouraged, but please tell me what Tier you think they belong in, so we can set their salary and performances to an appropriate level. RL drivers from other series are also encouraged. IndyCar drivers can run the endurance races without conflict. NASCAR drivers can run Daytona.

(In 2022, the schedule changes will allow IndyCar and NASCAR drivers to run the entire IMSA season.)
Last edited by Stareagle on 28 May 2022, 03:21, edited 1 time in total.
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stareagle »

The Google Sheet has been updated with the latest teams and budgets.

Factory teams listed with TBA as their manager can be renamed if the new manager chooses.

Two GTD teams have their engine prices in bold. Those are the engines designed for the car - the Astin Martin-Cosworth for the Vantages and the Porsche for the Porsches. The managers can change those if they choose.

The next step is to start bidding for drivers. Remember, you need two full-time drivers and enough part-time drivers to fill the third seat for the five endurance rounds. Also, remember that driver choices can have a major impact on sponsorship and driver tiers have an impact on TV contracts.

(NOTE: Your third driver for Daytona may serve as one of the two drivers used in the qualifying race without extra cost.)
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Car: Kronstadt RK-MK V ("Ashen Phoenix")
Car #: 21

Aerodynamics: 6
Mechanical Grip: 5
Ease on Tyres: 4
Reliability: 4
Wet Weather: 3
Setup: 5
Qualifying: 1
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Alrighty, let's do this.

GTP
Andretti Autosport BMW
Team Manager: Michael Andretti
Sponsor: BMW
Chassis: Is given, as I've understood it
Car Numbers: #7 / #8
Drivers (precise lineups will be decided once the signing is done):
Zach Veach - Full Time, Season Salary $25
Einar Ármannsson - Full Time, Season Salary $45 - DEC: kevinbotz (tier 5)
Marco Andretti - Full Time, Season Salary $15
Kelvin van der Linde - Full Time, Season Salary $30
Benjamin Rhodes - Full Time, Season Salary $10
Sébastien Buemi, Full Time, Season Salary $45

Carlos Ramón Jiménez, Part Time (Endurance), Race Salary $1 - DEC: carlospace (tier 10)
Phillip Eng, Part Time (Endurance), Race Salary $5
Juan Pablo Montoya, Part Time (Endurance), Race Salary $6
Alberto Cara, Part Time (Endurance), Race Salary $8 - DEC: me (tier 3)

EGT
Mercedes-AMG Team Winward Racing (works team)
Team Manager: Christian Hohenadel, Mickel Letter
Sponsor: Mercedes
Car: Mercedes AMG GT3 Evo
Engine: Mercedes-EQ Silver Arrow 03
Car Number: #54
Drivers:
Rubens Barrichello - Full Time, Season Salary $55
Russell Ward - Full Time, Season Salary $20
Indy Dontje - Full Time, Season Salary $15
Gary Paffett - Full Time, Season Salary $15

Jefri Ibrahim - Part Time (Endurance), Race Salary $2
Mikhail Aleshin - Part Time (Endurance), Race Salary $5
Nyck de Vries - Part Time (Endurance), Race Salary $4
Last edited by Klon on 28 May 2022, 07:11, edited 1 time in total.
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Klon wrote: 25 May 2022, 05:09 Alrighty, let's do this.

GTP
Andretti Autosport BMW

Ármannsson eagerly accepts Andretti's offer.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Team: Toyota Gazoo Racing (JPN)
Sponsor: Toyota Gazoo
Engine: Gazoo Thsr 21
Car Numbers: #9/#10

Drivers

Sebastian Buemi (full time. Season Salary: 45$)
Loic Duval (Full Time. Season Salary: 25$)
Alexander Rossi (Endurance. Race Salary: 5$)

Kamui Kobayashi (Full Time, Season Salary: $40)
Dane Cameron (Full Time, season salary: $35)
Tony Kanaan (endurance, race salary: $5)
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stareagle »

Klon wrote: 25 May 2022, 05:09 Chassis: Is given, as I've understood it
BMW and Dallara are working together on the 2023 GTP car, so I put them together as the default, but you are welcome to change it.
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stareagle »

kevinbotz wrote: 25 May 2022, 12:56
Klon wrote: 25 May 2022, 05:09 Alrighty, let's do this.

GTP
Andretti Autosport BMW

Ármannsson eagerly accepts Andretti's offer.
No schedule conflicts with his three 2021 F1 starts, so all is good.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Team: Kronstadt Technology Team (USA)
Sponsor: Keto Technologies (GTP Tier)

Drivers

Heikki Kovalainen (full time. Season Salary: 35$) (Ex F1 driver at Buemi level, so Tier 6?)
Felipe Nasr (Full Time. Season Salary: 45$) (Brings Banco de Brazil sponsorship?)
Scott Dixon (Endurance. Race Salary: 7$)
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Stareagle wrote: 25 May 2022, 23:42
BMW and Dallara are working together on the 2023 GTP car, so I put them together as the default, but you are welcome to change it.
I can just develop the Dallara chassis like a normal one, right? If so, I'll just stick with Dallara and work on turning that one into a winner.
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stareagle »

Klon wrote: 26 May 2022, 08:56
Stareagle wrote: 25 May 2022, 23:42
I can just develop the Dallara chassis like a normal one, right? If so, I'll just stick with Dallara and work on turning that one into a winner.
Correct.
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stareagle »

Team: Nighthawk Motorsports (USA)
Sponsor: Keto Technologies (GTD)
Car: Viper GT3-R
Engine: Keto FMM22
Car Numbers: #19/#20

Drivers

Matt Keto (DEC=Me) Full Time - Salary $15
Giovanni Friello (DEC=Me) Full Time - Salary $15
AJ Allmendinger (RL) Endurance Races - Salary $30

Lisa Keto (DEC=Me) Full Time - Salary $15
Missy Stewart (DEC=Me) Full-Time - Salary $15
Emma Kimilainen (RL) Endurance Races - Salary $20

(The full-time drivers for Nighthawk Motorsports (GTD) and Menlo Park Motorsports (eGT) are the eight test drivers who signed three-year contracts to test the eGT and Tesla Trophy cars from 2020-2022. In exchange, they received rides in the 2020 IndyLights series - thus giving it enough drivers to fill out a field - and the 2021 and 2022 IMSA series.)

Series: eGT
Team: Tesla Motorsports
Sponsor: SpaceX
Car: Tesla SpaceX Roadster
Engine: Tesla Trophy 22
Car Number: 71

Drivers:
Lelani Munter (RL) Full Time - Salary $10
Marchy Lee (RL) Full Time - Salary $10
Nico Rosberg (RL) Endurance - Salary $40

(This car is entered in the eGT class, but is not eligible for championship points due to not meeting GT3 homolgation rules.)
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stareagle »

Team: Menlo Park Motorsports
Series: eGT
Engines: Menlo Park-Ferrari TAE-01
Cars: Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO
Sponsors: Ferrari
Numbers: #47/#48

Car 47
Full-Time Driver: Justin Case (DEC: Butterfox) - Salary $15
Full-Time Driver: Abbi Pulling (RL) - Salary $10
Endurance Driver: Alessandro Pier Guidi (RL) - Salary $20

Car 48
Full-Time Driver: Tomasz Gabrysiak (DEC: Pinkd56) - Salary $15
Full-Time Driver: Jonas Söderström (DEC: Pinkd56) - Salary $15
Endurance Driver: James Calado (RL) - Salary $20
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stareagle »

AI Driver Bids:

Chip Ganassi Cadillac Racing (GTP)
Chassis: Oreca
Engines: Cadillac
Numbers: 32/33

Car 32:
Full-Time: Marcus Ericsson ($25)
Full-Time: Felix Rosenqvist ($25)
Endurance: Jimmie Johnson ($35)

Car 33:
Full-Time: Kevin Magunssen ($35)
Full-Time: Renger van der Zande ($35)
Endurance: Alex Palou ($30)

Acura Team Penske (GTP)
Chassis: Oreca
Engines: Mugen HR23
Numbers: 1/5

Car 1:
Full-Time: Ricky Taylor ($45)
Full-Time: Helio Castroneves ($60)
Endurance: Kyle Kirkwood ($15)

Car 5
Full-Time: Pipo Denari ($35)
Full-Time: Oliver Jarvis ($35)
Endurance: Ryan Briscoe ($25)

Hendrick Chevrolet Racing
Car: Corvette
Engines: Hendrick Chevy
Numbers: 3/4

Car 3:
Full-Time: Casey Mears ($15)
Full-Time: Madison Snow ($35)
Daytona: Chase Elliott ($6)
Other Endurance: Josef Newgarden ($16)

Car 4:
Full-Time: Jordan Taylor ($20)
Full-Time: Christina Nielsen ($25)
Daytona: Kyle Larsen ($6)
Other Endurance: Jamie Chadwick ($12)

Team: Porsche 99X Racing (eGT)
Engines: Porsche 99X Electric
Number: 99

Car 99:
Full-Time: Kazuki Nakajima ($35)
Full-Time: Brendon Hartley ($35)
Endurance: Mark Webber ($30)

Team: Audi eTron Racing (eGT)
Car: Audi R8 LMS Evo
Engine: Audi e-Tron FE07
Number: 36

Car 36:
Full-Time: Jeff Westphal ($15)
Full-Time: Ben Keating ($35)
Endurance: Mario Farnbacher ($20)

Team: BMW iFE Racing
Car: M6 GTE
Engine: BMW iGT.21
Number: 23

Car 23:
Full-Time: Bill Auberlen ($25)
Full-Time: Robby Foley ($25)
Endurance: Aidan Read ($20)

Team: Acura eTeam Penske
Car: Acura NSX GT3
Engine: Penske EV-5
Number: 55

Car 55:
Full-Time: Oliver Jarvis ($35)
Full-Time: Harry Tincknell ($35)
Endurance: Jonathan Bomarito ($30)

Team: TECHEETAH GT
Car: Maserati MC GT3
Engine: DS E-Tense GT21
Number: 6

Car 6:
Full-Time: Jean-Eric Vergne ($35)
Full-Time: Jake Dennis ($25)
Endurance: Antonio Felix da Costa ($25)
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

Klon wrote: 25 May 2022, 05:09 GTP
Andretti Autosport BMWCarlos Ramón Jiménez, Part Time (Endurance), Race Salary $1 - DEC: carlospace (tier 10)
Jiménez is honored to be invited to take part in Andretti's IMSA efforts. :)
Kinnikuniverse

Post by Kinnikuniverse »

Team: Toyota Gazoo Racing
Chassis: Toyota TS051 GTP

28 points

Aero 5
Mechanical grip 4
Reliability 8
Quali 2
Ease on tires 3
Setup 4
Wet weather 2
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stareagle »

We need WRT's bids, especially since you are using some fictional drivers, and Hermann's driver choices and bids.

Thus far, we don't have any significant bid issues. As badly as Marco Andretti is doing in the 2020 IndyCar series, IMSA might sound great to him.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Stareagle wrote: 30 May 2022, 04:38 We need WRT's bids, especially since you are using some fictional drivers, and Hermann's driver choices and bids.

Thus far, we don't have any significant bid issues. As badly as Marco Andretti is doing in the 2020 IndyCar series, IMSA might sound great to him.
I think noyh Mignolet an Lamberigts fit the tier 7 'F1 backmarkers with some talent'.
I'll offer Mignolet and Lamberigts , T7 , minimum wage 3 year deal
Vanthoor brothers T8 - minimum wage 3 year deal
Bortolotti and Vervisch T8 minimum wage, 2 year deal
Frijns , T7 endurance races only, minimum wage, 3 year deal
Habsburg and Geleal, T8 endurance races only, minimum wage, 1 year deal.
Do you need something more?

I'm sticking to 2 fictional drivers i own the DEC and drivers with a real-life connection to WRT, and one works Lamborghini driver. The fact that i mentioned 3 team managers is also correct if wikipedia is a good enough source.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Team Name: MarchSixteen Racing USA (USA)
Team Principal: Günther Steiner (ITA)
Team Manager: Hermann95

Driver Bids:
Car Number: #95
Full-time: Richard Lietz($15)
Full-time: Laurens Vanthoor($35)

Endurance: John Davis(DEC: me, pls Rank and pay as you see fit. He also does Auto2 in 2021, but there is no schedule conflict)

Car Number: #96
Full-time: Earl Bamber($15)
Full-time: Kevin Estre($15)

Endurance: T.K. Wolf(DEC: me, pls Rank and pay as you see fit. He also does Auto2 in 2021, but there is no schedule conflict)

Full-time(backup*): Patrick Long($25)
Full-time(backup*): Frederic Makowiecki($15)
Full-time(backup*): Michael Christensen($15)
Full-time(backup*): Richard Westbrook($15)

backup*: only offer if one of the drivers above in their list doesn't accept.
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stareagle »

OK, it is time for the dreaded Driver RNG round. With 29 teams each picking at least three drivers, we're bound to have a couple of dozen conflicts, so ... what? Really?

I've just been informed that, out of more than 90 driver bids, there is one (1) driver who was the subject of first-choice bids from two teams.

Laurens Vanthoor was offered a three-year, Tier-8 contract from WRT and a one-year, Tier-6 contract from MarchSixteen to drive their GTD cars.

WRT: 1-15 (Offers stability and the chance to be on the same team as Dries)
MarchSixteen: 16-00 (Offers a lot more money and less guilt about wrecking Dries)

RNG: 59

Laurens takes the MarchSixteen cash.

WRT has a vacancy in the #12 GTD car.

The Google Sheet now has updated budgets for every team, so you can start planning your car/chassis upgrades.

There will be a testing session, a chance to assign your first two upgrade points, a testing session, a chance to assign your first two upgrade points, and a third testing session so you can assign your final two preseason upgrade points before Daytona.

After that, you will be able to assign two upgrade points after each in-season test session.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Eh is Robert Kubica or Rene Rast doing anything canon this year? Because he's also a real life WRT driver. I'll offer Rast the same terms as Laurens as first choice, and Kubica as backup (not sure what category he would be)
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stareagle »

René Rast will give up his quest for a fourth straight DTM title for a three-year contract starting at $20 instead of $15.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Stareagle wrote: 31 May 2022, 23:23 René Rast will give up his quest for a fourth straight DTM title for a three-year contract starting at $20 instead of $15.
I can accept that.
Stareagle
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stareagle »

I'm building the database for Lights to Flag, so if you are using a fictional driver for your team, I need their age as of 1 March 2021 and a brief rundown of their experience, strengths, and weaknesses.

Also, your team's livery is going to be represented by your car number on a rectangular background. Keeping your sponsors in mind, what color (and font) should the number be and what color should the background be?

The Keto Technologies logo is blue and white - the colors of the Finnish flag. The FCT logo is silver and red with a little dark blue.

(There are two Keto Technologies-sponsored teams, but Nighthawk Racing will be using the same blue-on-black scheme they've used since the reconciliation between the American and Finnish branches of the family in the early 1990s. Before that, they had been silver-on-black. It's a very long story, starting with Matt and Lisa's great-great-grandfather.)
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

their profiles are not complete and a not up to date but they give you an idea
https://formularejects.com/wiki/Ron_Mignolet -> more succesful than i remembered, a decent allround driver, slightly risky style but not overdoing it.
https://formularejects.com/wiki/Wouter_Lamberigts -> he has actually done a few F1RWRS seasons , and his 'quali specialist' was also a thing there, though he never had much race success, mostly because he was only ever hired by backmarkers. Race pace slower but not accident prone.

Liveries
number: black background, golden letters
number: red background, white letters
number: red background, yellow letters

Edit: i just realised you weren't asking for actual liveries, though KFC indonesia/jogonya ayam sponsoring should certainly be added as it comes with having sean gelael.