IIDOTR - Abby Dabby 2021 (POLL)

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1

Pick your Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race!

Poll ended at 17 Dec 2021, 12:15

Carlos Sainz Jr.
12%
Lewis Hamilton
No votes
Sergio Pérez
20%
Yuki Tsunoda
68%

Total votes: 25

Londoner

IIDOTR - Abby Dabby 2021 (POLL)

Post by Londoner »

1. Yuki Tsunoda. Unrejectification in style!

2. Sergio Perez. The best two laps of defensive driving since Alonso at Hungary.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race - Abby Dabby 20

Post by Enforcer »

Michael Masi / Race Control

Decision making was absurd, but "NO MICHAEL IS NOT RIGHT!" was possibly my favourite moment in the season, and it wouldn't have been possible without Masi. Who has likely sacrificed his job for my entertainment.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Enforcer wrote:Michael Masi / Race Control

Decision making was absurd, but "NO MICHAEL IS NOT RIGHT!" was possibly my favourite moment in the season, and it wouldn't have been possible without Masi. Who has likely sacrificed his job for my entertainment.

This. On the one hand, this final SC period was a bathplugging joke, but on the other hand Toto's suffering nourishes my soul in ways I cannot convey.
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

1. Yuki Tsunoda. Comes good at the start and at the end of the season. Pity about the middle.

2. Lewis Hamilton. Pure dignity. To lose the title that way must have been horrific and yet he had nothing but kind words. I highly doubt the red bull camp would have done anything like that.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

1. Carlos Sainz, someone needs to recognise his efforts, especially since his podium has moved him ahead of Ferrari's current golden boy.
  2. Sergio Perez, for a godlike defensive drive.
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
IceG

Post by IceG »

(1) Sergio Perez for providing possibly the only real action in an otherwise terminally tedious race at a tedious track at the end of a tediously overlong season.
RAK

Post by RAK »

1) Yuki Tsunoda: Excellent result to unrejectify himself.

2) Carlos Sainz Jr.: A quiet, but accomplished podium behind the mess at the front.

Honourable Mention: Sergio Perez - sacrificed his race in one of the most selfless shows of teamwork I've seen, cleanly defending against Hamilton.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

rachel1990 wrote:Lewis Hamilton. Pure dignity. To lose the title that way must have been horrific and yet he had nothing but kind words. I highly doubt the red bull camp would have done anything like that.

This. The race was his and he dominated until the last lap. I can't say I would have been as generous.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Perez: Did everything that people were hyping and predicting Bottas to do. Deserved a podium

Sainz: that’s 4 podiums to Leclerc’s 1 and he beat him in the championship. Put some respect on his name

Tsunoda: unrejectification always qualifies here. Hopefully we’ll see more of this next year

Hamilton: make no mistake I wanted him to get beat but he handled that with professionalism and class. Red Bull would not have done that
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Yuki Tsunoda: His fourth place is one of the very few things that save the result for me. I didn't expect that even after he outqualified Gasly for the first time!

Honorable mention to Sainz for a podium and outscoring Leclerc – who would have predicted that?
Fetzie

Post by Fetzie »

Sergio Perez for proving that he is the best wheel-to-wheel driver in a Red Bull F1 cockpit.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Tsunoda for finally showing what he can do.

Perez for that defensive lap Alonso would be proud of.

Honourable mention to Gasly, though he should get IIDOTY instead i'd argue.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
koshiro

Post by koshiro »

Tsunoda: A fourth place out of the blue to end a disappointing season on a high note and with some hope for next year.

Sáinz: Another podium eclipsed, this time, by the championship epic finale. Oh, and beating both Leclerc and Norris on the drivers championship thanks to this.

Honorable mention:
Pérez: Some of the best team work I've ever seen on a F1 race. He allowed Max to cut Lewis gap in 7 seconds in just a lap and half, brutal.
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

1. Yuki Tsunoda - career-best 4th place and nobody noticed that in the end!

2. Sergio Perez - epic wingman job to cost Hamilton 5 seconds on one lap compared to Max.

3. Nicholas Latifi - if it wasn't for his crash we'd have a different WDC.
95 GP / 63 DNF / 5 pts
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I'll leave anyone to do with championship out of this and lump for Tsunoda first then Sainz second.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
went

Post by went »

Pérez: Absolutely insane defending. Like a lion, to borrow a phrase from Alonso.

Sainz: 5th in the WDC standings, winning the Great Carl War in Ferrari. Superb season.

The Mick/Latifi battle: A season like this needed a completely bonkers finale and they sure provided it.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

1. Yuki Tsunoda. Beat Gasly all weekend, in the end unrejectified himself.

2. Sergio Perez. Brilliant work against Hamilton before his pit stop.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I want to award IIDOTR to the roast chestnuts that accompanied my viewing of a live race for the first time since the summer..

But as they're not likely to win, seeing as everyone else here missed out on their starchy deliciousness, the two obvious candidates are:

Yuki: unrejectification? I didn't expect that to happen, ever. Banzai!

Carlos: seriously, Ferrari, build a car that's good enough to give him a win or six.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Frogfoot9013

Post by Frogfoot9013 »

1. The Show™: fairly self-explanatory, this one is.
James Hunt, commentating on the 1991 German Grand Prix wrote:The Benettons looking very smart together on the track, mostly because they're both going so slowly.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

1. Yuki Tsunoda - Even without the shenanigans of the restart, t'was his best drive since Hungary and, imo, his best overall of the season. A nice motivator starter pack for 2022.

2. Lewis Hamilton - For being graceful in a defeat that I probably would've gone straight to the stewards and smack Masi's arse.

Honorable mention to Carlos Sainz for an incredible drive and to Sergio Pérez for some of the best defensive driving I remember watching.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

1 - DonTirri. From out of nowhere, what a surprise.
2 - Hamilton. All I'll say is, can Verstappen fans honestly say their man would've been as gracious in defeat?
Just For One Day...
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Equal nominations for Hamilton, the moral victor, and Pérez, for the best holdup job I've ever seen.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Sainz - For obvious reasons. Probably will go to IIDOTY too as everyone expected him to be trashed by Leclerc.

Perez - He was the reason Mercedes didn't consider pitting Lewis under any of the SC conditions. Thanks to him Lewis never had enough margin to cover that extra stop and ultimately decided the race and the championship.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Rob Dylan

Re: IIDOTR - Abby Dabby 2021 (POLL)

Post by Rob Dylan »

Poll is now open at the top of this thread! You have 48 hours to decide on your Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race :dance:
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!