Pierre Gasly
58%
The Stewards
11%

Total votes: 19

Londoner

Your Reject of the Race - Austria

Post by Londoner »

1. Pierre Gasly. This has to be the final straw for Red Bull. Screwed up in qualifying AGAIN, took 30 laps to pass an Alfa, couldn't pass a McLaren, and ended up lapped while his team mate put in a legendary performance. I doubt he'll be in that seat after the summer break.

2. Haas. Holy moly their car is garbage.

Honourable mention to Lewis Hamilton, finished off the podium solely due to self-inflicted errors.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Fetzie

Re: Your Reject of the Race - Austria

Post by Fetzie »

Pierre Gasly. Didi Mateschitz might as well save a million dollars per weekend and only send one car to the race while Gasly is driving for the team.

Edit

18:48: We still don't know if Verstappen will keep his win or not. Seriously F1, get your .... in order. If he broke the rules, you don't need to talk about it with the drivers for two hours.

Second nomination to the sport in general. If one of the knock-out rounds of the FIFA world cup was held up on a VAR investigation for two hours, it would be considered an absolute farce.
Last edited by Fetzie on 30 Jun 2019, 16:59, edited 2 times in total.
Psyclepath

Post by Psyclepath »

Gotta be Gasly, he was lapped by his team-mate. Get Hülkenberg in the Red Bull, even if just as a half-season stop-gap!

And yeah, Haas. Same two nominations as France.
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

for the second weekend in a row, it goes to...
1- Pierre Gasly- The fact that Kvyat is now being talked about replacing him at Red Bull seriously is really bad. Lapped by your teammate who did f1 a massive favour today by WINNING says it all. Could seriously cost Red Bull 3rd in the constructors if this continues.

2- Haas. Well, at least we didn't have to hear the drivers complaining all race on the radio for a change. But still. Almost as slow as Williams and Russell beating Magnussen due to him not understanding how to line up on the grid properly. Shocking
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Pierre Gasly is an obvious nomination here.

Dishonorable mention to Mercedes for not winning. :P
Pacific Edge

Post by Pacific Edge »

Gasly Struggled around while Verstappen won it (And lapped Gasly in the same car)

Kubica Hate to say it, this really isn't working out :(

However... Should the Stwerards penalise Verstappen, they will get my nomination.
Last edited by Pacific Edge on 30 Jun 2019, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

My nomination is simply: the length of time it has taken to make the decision. What a complete farce. Forget anything Gasly/Haas/any other driver or team who may have under performed!!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Gasly's situation isn't shocking anymore so my vote goes to Kevin Magnussen. Brilliant qualifying but fluffed the start in two possible ways and ended up losing to Williams.
MatthewFirth

Post by MatthewFirth »

1st - The stewards. Investigation should have been half-an-hour, not 3 hours!
2nd - Gasly. Struggled where Verstappen succeeded
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

1) Kevin Magnussen. Got a penalty for an amateurish mistake. The car didn't have the pace to make up the time lost, but it was still a glaring error.

2) Mercedes Strategists. Starting on the Medium compound then switch to Hard was a mistake. Swapping Hamilton's wing may of been as well since it didn't seem to affect performance that much after Lewis went over the hard curbs on Turn 1.

(Dis)honourable Mentions:
Pierre Gasly (Not surprising anymore that he is underperforming in the Red Bull, though with his pace his car may have inferior parts, the new parts instead going to Verstappen's car)
Williams (With Gio's points finish today they are now the only team to not have scored any points this year)
Last edited by CaptainGetz12 on 01 Jul 2019, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Samster

Post by Samster »

Stewards - But mainly because the decision has made what happened in Canada look even more ridiculous now.

Gasly - At least he was only beat by one F1.5 car this time. I was in favour of letting him have the remainder of the season but these last few races.... Just swap him with Kvyat already, if only for the sheer irony of it.
IceG

Post by IceG »

(1) Vettel's pit crew - did you used to work for Eddie Irvine?

(2) The nonsense over the Leclerc/Verstappen incident - if that is not allowed then really what is the point?
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I nominate the Austrian flag draped strategically over Niki Lauda's McLaren MP4/2 after the race. Seriously, are they so paranoid about tobacco advertising that they can't even show the chevron shape on the livery even when the Marlboro logos have been removed?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Since all the main ones have dried up I vote: -

Channel 4 Commentary - Kept on saying how the race was an instant classic, such a classic they went from lap 25 to 45? Reeeeeal classic middle stint there guys. Sure the ending was exciting, but stop creaming your load. Canada 2011 or USA 2012 this was not!
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
You-Gee-Eee-Day

Post by You-Gee-Eee-Day »

Gasly :facepalm:
:deletraz:

F1 2019 in a nutshell:
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
"Ferrari is faster"
Mercedes 1-2
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Magnussen; finished behind a Williams
Haas; finished behind a Williams
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

Well - as reject of the race ( quallie was different) ;

Magnussen

and Haas

Grid line up error.....
And what are they doing in a race with a car that qualified so well on Saturday?
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Surely Gasly once again wins it. He's the butt of almost every joke I make mid-race. I got tired myself of constantly making jokes about how slow Gasly was. If it weren't for Williams, and the looming Haas nonsense, Gasly is almost a solid contender for Reject of the Year if he doesn't get his act into gear. His teammate went from 7th to winning. Where was Gasly?

People gave Massa flak at Ferrari post-accident, but he was at least consistently 5th to 6th and bringing home the points. I count three race out of nine this year where Gasly has finished the race at least in the order alongside the front-runners.

Honestly, Red Bull might as well hire Massa and get better and more consistent results :P
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Gasly - For reasons mentioned above
Magnussen - For reasons mentioned above

DHMs

Reliability
Haas
Last edited by FullMetalJack on 01 Jul 2019, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Bleu wrote:Gasly's situation isn't shocking anymore so my vote goes to Kevin Magnussen. Brilliant qualifying but fluffed the start in two possible ways and ended up losing to Williams.

+1
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
mathias broucek

Post by mathias broucek »

Can I nominate grid penalties? Seemed like almost everyone had a penalty...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

sswishbone wrote:Since all the main ones have dried up I vote: -

Channel 4 Commentary - Kept on saying how the race was an instant classic, such a classic they went from lap 25 to 45? Reeeeeal classic middle stint there guys. Sure the ending was exciting, but stop creaming your load. Canada 2011 or USA 2012 this was not!

I think I actually dozed during these laps while watching live, and I think the only thing I missed was Hamilton's front wing change.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

It’s gotta be Gasly I’m afraid. The difference between him and Verstappen was laid bare on Sunday. They were running one behind the other after Max’s Mark Webber tribute off the line and yet come the finish Max is celebrating one of his best wins while Gasly made up just 1 place and finished behind Norris on merit. He’s barely hanging onto 6th in the standings.

Haas in general deserve a mention. On a track they enjoyed their best ever F1 day last year Magnussen finished behind a Williams on merit and Grosjean toiled again

Finally the 3 hour wait to confirm the winner was pretty amateurish. How can the BTCC decide a penalty so quickly yet F1 needs to mess us about like that
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

The Official Driver of the Day Award: Kubica :D
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Ok, two more nominations:

- The delay in the provisional result: taking three hours to confirm Verstappen's victory, especially so soon after the Canadian disaster. Get your act together, FiA.
- The two-day delay in Driver of the Day: Overturning the result of Driver of the Day, because something so simple as an internet poll (that even GPRejects can run correctly! ;) ) takes them three days to sort out. Just give it to Kubica, damn you.
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

tc3j3r wrote:The Official Driver of the Day Award: Kubica :D

Aside the obvious ones, this is my nomination too :D
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Poll is up! Get voting, you have 48 hours. It seemed like the Haas and the Magnussen mentions, whilst separate nominations, were for the same reasons and origins, so I lumped them together as one category. Who will win! :dance:
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Uh oh! Oh boy! Gulp! :facepalm:

So Pierre Gasly wins Reject of the Race two weeks in a row. Well he did spend most of the race fighting an Alfa Romeo and losing. His teammate did lap him, and he was woefully slow and did finish behind a McLaren driver in their first season on merit, whilst his teammate won. Not to mention the fact that he qualified in 9th whilst his teammate was on the front-row.

Whilst his teammate was the hero of the hour, Gasly is the hopeless sidekick.