F1 1987 - Confirm Teams

The place for non-canon series, including all series that contain minimal or no references at all to the RWRS universe
Gertrand Bachot

F1 1987 - Confirm Teams

Post by Gertrand Bachot »

Right, welcome to season 2 of my F1 series - this time it's 1987! Hopefully it'll go just as well if not better than the previous year, so sit back and enjoy the ride!

Spreadsheet (under construction)

Link in case table does not work properly for you.

Waiting List:
CaptainGetz12
Klon
MatthewFirth

The first thing that I need the existing managers to do is to confirm their teams. You have 1 week (until the 6th June 2019) to do this.
Last edited by Gertrand Bachot on 06 Jun 2019, 20:39, edited 4 times in total.
FortiWinks

Re: F1 1987 - Confirm Teams

Post by FortiWinks »

LigierF1.fr (translated) wrote:Ligier confirms 1987 program, targeting Le Mans return

Ligier have confirmed that they will be continuing in Formula 1 for the 1987 season under recently appointed team principal Pierre Lefevre as the team targets a top 5 position in the WCC with the new Ligier JS29.

Also part of the team’s plans is a return to the 24 Heures du Mans to go one better than 1975 when the #5 Lafosse/Chasseuil JS2 brought the French team a 2nd place finish at the historic event.

Guy Ligier will overlook the new sportscar program with Jacques Laffite confirmed as the lead driver of the #26 car.

OOC: By the way our wind tunnel has been completed right?
Knows two facts about ducks and both of them are wrong
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

I am in with Ferrari and planning to either win the Championship or go bankrupt trying, let's do this
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I will continue.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

If you need a manager, I can convince myself to join. :)
MatthewFirth

Post by MatthewFirth »

I'd be willing to join if there's a vacancy?
Gertrand Bachot

MatthewFirth wrote:I'd be willing to join if there's a vacancy?

Of course you can. I'll stick you on the waiting list for now.

Once I've sorted out the existing managers (who's coming back and who isn't), then I'll sort out those in reserve waiting for a team and see what they want.
Gertrand Bachot

Rules

Calendar
1) Grande Prémio Nacional do Brasil - Autódromo José Carlos Pace - 12th April
2) Valvoline Detroit Grand Prix - Streets of Detroit - 19th April
3) Gran Premio Kronenbourg di San Marino - Autodromo Dino Ferrari - 3rd May
4) Grand Prix Barclay de Belgique - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - 17th May
5) Grand Prix de Monaco - Circuit de Monaco - 31st May
6) Budweiser United States Grand Prix - Road America - 14th June
7) Grand Prix de France - Circuit Paul Ricard - 5th July
8) Shell Oils British Grand Prix - Silverstone Circuit - 12th July
9) Mobil Großer Preis von Deutschland - Hockenheimring - 26th July
10) Pop 84 Magyar Nagydíj - Hungaroring - 9th August
11) Holiday Großer Preis von Österreich - Österreichring - 16th August
12) Coca-Cola Gran Premio d'Italia - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 6th September
13) Grande Prémio Gigante de Portugal - Autódromo do Estoril - 20th September
14) Gran Premio Tio Pepe de España - Circuito Permanente de Jerez - 27th September
15) Gran Premio de Mexico - Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez - 11th October
16) Marlboro 500 - Michigan International Speedway - 18th October
17) Fuji Television Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka Circuit - 1st November
18) Foster's Australian Grand Prix - Adelaide Street Circuit - 15th November

Manager's Schedule
1) Sponsors signing
2) Drivers signing
3) Engine + designer signing
4) Chassis construction
5) 1987 Championship

Rule Changes:
- With the expansion of the grid to over 28 cars this season, the FIA have included a 30 minute pre-qualifying session into race weekends. The Top 12 teams in the constructor's championships avoid pre-qualifying and progress straight to qualifying. Any new team entering Formula One this season (in this case Coloni, March and Larrousse) and the bottom 2 teams from the previous season (Haas and AGS, although since Haas has withdrawn from F1, they cannot participate) will compete in the session. The top 2 teams on aggregate timing will progress and the other teams will not.

The Rules

Budgets
- The budget spreadsheet is in the first post. It will be updated after each race.

Engines
All teams must renew their engine supply yearly.
- There are 3 tiers to choosing an engine, those being: works, semi-works and customer. The details and differences of them are outlined here:
- Works engines will: allow you to develop the engine, allow you to dictate the direction of the engine's development and you will be able to regularly upgrade the engine throughout the season.
- Semi-works engines will: allow you to develop the engine, not allow you to dictate the direction of the engine's development and you will be able to upgrade the engine throughout the season, at half the rate of the works team.
- Customer engines will: not allow you to develop the engine, not allow you to dictate the direction of the engine's development and you will not be able to upgrade the engine throughout the season.

Chassis
- The chassis tiers are up on the first page of the sheet.
- You may reuse your 1986 chassis this year, and you may use your 1987 chassis in 1988 and beyond, however; they will incur aging penalties, defined on the sheet.
- A team may introduce a new chassis mid season.
- Teams can sell custom chassis to collectors for 10% of it's build price.
- A team can sell a chassis to another team - however it must be renamed to the customer team's naming algorithm (i.e. so if Williams sell their chassis to Zakspeed, it must be called the Zakspeed 871, not the FW11)
- The cost of each chassis is for two chassis.

Designers
- Designers help improve areas of the car both during construction and during upgrades.
- Designers are like drivers – they have team preferences, must be paid a wage, can be hired for a maximum of 2 years, and are subject to RNG.
- More information is provided on the Designers tab of the spreadsheet.

Sponsors
- NEW: This year, you can bid for sponsors.
- I will provide a separate sponsors spreadsheet, with different sponsors having different payouts and covering different parts of the car.
- NEW: Each sponsor has a specific industry descriptor, and you can only bid for one sponsor of the same industry at the same time (i.e. Marlboro and Camel would both be listed under "Tobacco", and you cannot try and sign them both at the same time (they are competing against each other after all) so you must bid for either Marlboro or Camel).
- NEW: Each sponsor has a separate nationality, and will prefer to sign with a team that shares their nationality and/or has a driver of that nationality in their team.
- NEW: Some drivers have specific sponsors, which you can use on your car - however, if you sign a sponsor from the same industry you must forfeit any financial benefit gained from the driver.

Drivers
- Any F1 driver is entitled to a wage of at least £120,000.
- Driver contracts can range from 1 to 36 races representing a maximum contracted time of 2 consecutive seasons. If the FIA decide that 1988 shall have 19 races, then this race will automatically be covered by two-year contracts.
- In addition, you may add clauses of all types to the contract. Obviously, drivers won't like clauses that could potentially hurt them. Furthermore, clauses that make the wage of a driver fully or partially conditional are banned. Be careful, any badly-worded clauses will be read in the most driver-friendly method possible.
- Drivers may bring money to your team, up to a value of £1,000,000 per driver. The amount of money a pay driver brings is per season, so hiring a driver for less than 16 races will mean you receive a fraction of the full amount (e.g. Driver Name brings £100,000 and you hire him for 8 races. 8/16 = £50,000). When hiring pay drivers, simply state the amount of money you wish the driver to bring to the team. Be warned, not every driver can bring large pay packets, and some will be put off from driving for you if you demand too much or simply demand money at all.
- Pay drivers are not subject to the minimum wage rule.
- If you fire a regular driver, he/she will demand a payment of £500,000. If you feel the driver has underperformed or performed in any other way to justify the termination of the contract, you may contest this payment and the dispute will go to court. A driver may decide to settle out of court for a lower sum. However, be warned - you may lose the case, and the driver can demand a greater payment than £500,000.
- If you fire a pay driver, he/she will not demand any payment. However, you will lose their money for races they will not compete in. E.g. You hire Driver Deletraz for 16 races, and they bring £200,000. If you then fire them after 4 races, you will lose £150,000 of their money.

Debt
- Teams may go into debt.
- You may borrow as much as half your starting budget in negative numbers. This is your in-season credit limit. If you exceed this your team will be considered bankrupt immediately. You will not be able to enter any more races, or do any further actions as owner of that team.
- If a team is still in debt, after FISA end-of-season prize money and FOCA end-of-season TV money is distributed, they will be declared bankrupt and be disallowed from participating in 1988.
- Teams are free to loan money to other teams as they wish.

Injuries
- Drivers signed to replace injured drivers may be signed on the injured driver's terms, or may be signed to a new contract.
- You do not pay the wages of an injured driver. (This is covered by insurance)
- Injuries are decided by RNG.

Entries
- Each team must enter two cars into every race weekend.
- There will be 26 starters for every Grand Prix. In the case of attracting more than 28 entries, a Pre-Qualifying session will be run, with the fastest teams on combined aggregate times going through to Qualifying.

Voting
- If FISA propose a rule change for 1987 you are allowed to vote on it.
- You are allowed to either ratify or block the proposal, as long as you do it in the interest of your team.
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Autosport wrote:Ferrari exploring the possibility of supplying customer engines

Executives at Ferrari are rumoured to be exploring the possibility of making their engines on a semi-works and customer basis to other Italian teams, according to an informed source within the team.

According to the source, "We are hoping that we will be able to supply engines to other Italian teams this year, such as Alfa Romeo, Coloni or Minardi. Our hope is that they may be able to contribute towards the testing and development of our engine, and that this can be mutually beneficial for all parties."

"We would also be prepared to sell on our 1986 chassis to these teams, should they want to use it for the 1987 season."

Further details to follow...

OOC:
  • I'd like to sell semi-works or customer engines as Ferrari manager. However, I would only like them to be available to Italian teams.
  • Before I make a decision on that front, I am interested to know if the team would make any money out of this deal or not. Would we perhaps also be able to request that these teams approach certain drivers ahead of the RNG, in the hope that we might be able to poach recruit them at a later date?
  • Also, we'd be prepared to sell on our old chassis, but again only to Italian teams.
Gertrand Bachot

Aislabie wrote:

Executives at Ferrari are rumoured to be exploring the possibility of making their engines on a semi-works and customer basis to other Italian teams, according to an informed source within the team.

According to the source, "We are hoping that we will be able to supply engines to other Italian teams this year, such as Alfa Romeo, Coloni or Minardi. Our hope is that they may be able to contribute towards the testing and development of our engine, and that this can be mutually beneficial for all parties."

"We would also be prepared to sell on our 1986 chassis to these teams, should they want to use it for the 1987 season."

OOC:
  • I'd like to sell semi-works or customer engines as Ferrari manager. However, I would only like them to be available to Italian teams.
  • Before I make a decision on that front, I am interested to know if the team would make any money out of this deal or not. Would we perhaps also be able to request that these teams approach certain drivers ahead of the RNG, in the hope that we might be able to poach recruit them at a later date?
  • Also, we'd be prepared to sell on our old chassis, but again only to Italian teams.

Hmm. You can gain money from selling your engine to other teams, although if you do this you'll have to pay a certain amount each race (~5% of the engine cost) towards maintenance of the engine.

You have full control over any terms you wish to specify.
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Gertrand Bachot wrote:Hmm. You can gain money from selling your engine to other teams, although if you do this you'll have to pay a certain amount each race (~5% of the engine cost) towards maintenance of the engine.

Okay, well, I will offer semi-works or customer engine deals to an unrestricted proportion of Italian teams. The semi-works deal comes in return for using between five and ten engine development tokens on improving the Ferrari engine in the direction of the team's choosing; the customer deal comes in return for attempting to sign Ferrari-approved drivers in the team's second car.

Is this okay?
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Autosport wrote:Ligier responds to Ferrari customer program

French team Ligier has responded to Ferrari’s new customer program by allowing small French teams AGS & Larrousse the possibility to buy the team’s 1986 car - the JS27, which went on to score two podiums over the course of the season.

“We want to help our compatriots by giving them the option to race our wonderful JS27 that brought us two great podiums at the Brazilian & German GPs in the hands of both of our starting drivers for the season René & Philippe, it was a pleasure to campaign such a great car and we think it would be great in the hands of any potential customer.” said Team Principal Pierre Lefevre.

Also reportedly available is the option to campaign the team’s new Group C prototype in the 24 Hours of Le Mans later in the year.

CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Aislabie wrote:

OOC:

(Note that Minardi and Coloni do not have any people running the teams at the moment, so they cannot respond if they do not have an owner. I am eyeing Minardi as a possible team alongside Mclaren or any team that changes managers, but I can't make a decision for them as I do not know which team I will be managing at this time.)
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Gertrand Bachot

Aislabie wrote:
Gertrand Bachot wrote:Hmm. You can gain money from selling your engine to other teams, although if you do this you'll have to pay a certain amount each race (~5% of the engine cost) towards maintenance of the engine.

Okay, well, I will offer semi-works or customer engine deals to an unrestricted proportion of Italian teams. The semi-works deal comes in return for using between five and ten engine development tokens on improving the Ferrari engine in the direction of the team's choosing; the customer deal comes in return for attempting to sign Ferrari-approved drivers in the team's second car.

Is this okay?

That is fine with me.
Iso Masa

Post by Iso Masa »

Even though I screwed up last season, Zakspeed will return. And also willing to sell their engines.
Bandon23

Post by Bandon23 »

Autosport wrote:
Osella confirmed to return for 1987 season

Osella boss Antonio Tomaini, confirms the Verolengo outfit will return for 1987 season after last season's mixed results. He sees the team to score some points, but reckons it'll be difficult like last season.

Last year, Osella have scored 3 points with a great drive of Teo Fabi, who had a great season but then was excluded in Germany for one round, being replaced by Alex Caffi for Hungarian GP. Tomaini thinks that Osella should be looking for an improvement for the team, as he looks forward to the season and analyses that it could be a bit tough season ahead.

"Like last season, we had a good year. Scoring 3 points for Osella was a big result and amazing for the team. This year, it might prove a bit difficult in terms of our development progress." says Antonio.

"Right now, we could be focusing on development this year because the way our car behaves, it will give us more confidence ahead."
Gertrand Bachot

Nice article, but I would like to correct you a little - you actually scored 4 points last season. Ghinzani finished 6th in South Africa.
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

AGS will be on the grid again for this season
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Apologies, id like to continue if I am not too late!
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

As agreed in the Mibbit chat, I will be taking command of Brabham from SeedStriker.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Gertrand Bachot

Right, so I’d now like to reach out to the remaining people on the waiting list (Getz, Klon and MatthewFirth) to choose/give preference to the team that they would like to take over. No time limit for this - just as soon as they can get back in touch. Then I shall start the series.
Bandon23

Post by Bandon23 »

Gertrand Bachot wrote:Nice article, but I would like to correct you a little - you actually scored 4 points last season. Ghinzani finished 6th in South Africa.

I didn't see it actually but thanks for remainder.
Well in the race you never know whether any team double DNFs.
MatthewFirth

Post by MatthewFirth »

Since I'm a first timer, it would be wrong for me to take over McClaren or Lotus, so I'm going to put preference on March.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

In order of perference:

Mclaren
Minardi
Lotus
Benetton
March
Arrows
Gertrand Bachot

Alright, I’ve assigned you both teams - March and McLaren respectively. I’ll try and get this started over the weekend.
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

I presume this has been put on the back burner now you’ve taken the canon series?
Gertrand Bachot

FortiWinks wrote:I presume this has been put on the back burner now you’ve taken the canon series?

I'm afraid it is now.
Gertrand Bachot

Since we're all at home, I figured I might as well bring this back.

Given it's been, what, 9 months since I last did anything relating to this, I figured I may as well re-do the entry process.

Last time I checked, the teams were as such:

Williams (Collieafc)
Tyrrell (Bleu)
McLaren (CaptainGetz12)
Brabham (Salamander)
Lotus
Zakspeed (Iso Masa)
Arrows
Benetton
Osella (Bandon23)
Minardi
Ligier (FortiWinks)
Ferrari (Aislabie)
AGS (AdrianBelmonte_)
March (MatthewFirth)
Larrousse
Coloni

(lack of brackets next to a team denotes that there isn't a user presently in charge)

For those who do have a team, you'll have a week and a bit to confirm your participation (so till Monday 13th April). In the unlikely event a new user wishes to join, then I'll stick you in a list (somewhere) and when this process is done I'll dish out the remaining teams to you.

Right, hopefully this time I actually end up doing something,
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

Would be up for reclaiming Arrows if no one on the waiting list wants it
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Sure, why not - if nothing else I can have fun driving Brabham into the dirt :P
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

I'll take Benetton if possible
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
Bandon23

Post by Bandon23 »

Just a question to ask, is it possible to switch teams even if you had joined as any team you picked from last year? Thinking about a change here.
Gertrand Bachot

Bandon23 wrote:Just a question to ask, is it possible to switch teams even if you had joined as any team you picked from last year? Thinking about a change here.

If you want to do that, then you'll have to wait until all other users have confirmed until you can take whatever team you wish to run instead of Osella.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

I confirm I want to continue managing Mclaren.
FortiWinks

Post by FortiWinks »

Perfect, give me Ligier back! :D
Shawn040217

Post by Shawn040217 »

Yay, I would like to take Lotus, please.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Chuck me on the list for whatever teams remain
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I'll continue with Tyrrell.
Bandon23

Post by Bandon23 »

Gertrand Bachot wrote:
Bandon23 wrote:Just a question to ask, is it possible to switch teams even if you had joined as any team you picked from last year? Thinking about a change here.

If you want to do that, then you'll have to wait until all other users have confirmed until you can take whatever team you wish to run instead of Osella.

Well, I should then confirm to stay with Osella. I think it would be a stupid idea to change so I'm sticking with Italian team.
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

I still lurk here from time to time, so I'm going to stick with Ferrari