TCBY's Template Thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
This Could Be You

TCBY's Template Thread

Post by This Could Be You »

Since the departure of Turbogirl a few years ago, ARWS teams have been using the same templates either unchanged or with minor alterations for spotters' guides and news articles, which while a perfectly workable situation, means that these cars look rather dated (with most of these templates based off a 2011 design vocabulary).

These templates offer some alternate designs drawn in a similar style to (and often loosely based off) the previous templates, only implementing design features from newer F1 cars in an attempt to update the style of the templates, while still remaining compatible with the older ones, even using the same naming scheme as the Turbogirl designs (Letter denotes decade, first number denotes series, fourth number denotes variation of series)
D1xx Series (2020s designs, miscellaneous)
D101
Based off the most recent Jones chassis, only with even more aggressive sidepod and airbox packaging, and more complex winglets, this is a is a high-downforce design, albeit one likely to perform poorly without a competitive engine.

D102
A clean, tidy chassis design with 2017/18 Renault style air intake, and a Ferrari F2001-esque drooping nose

D103F
A design produced purely to emulate some of the distinctive design features of the 1996 Forti FG03 (that's what the "F" stands for), including the near vertical nose and long sidepods. Only reject teams need apply.

D2xx Series (2020s, long wheelbase, split intake

D201
A design inspired by the Mercedes GP W01B, complete with a long wheelbase, split intake, and integrated rollhoop/fin. This variant features a high nose, copied from the 2019 Fusion.

D202
Effectively the same design as D201, but with a low, curved nose reminiscent of the preseason 2016 Renault design

D203L
Another joke experimental design, this is the same basic D2xx design only with a nosecone based of the Lotus E22 "tusks", which like the real thing are asymmetric on this template.

D204
A D2xx design with a conventional 2018 F1/F2 style nose

More ARWS designs are to come, as well as templates for other series such as upcoming altBTCC series
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
dr-baker

Re: TCBY's Template Thread

Post by dr-baker »

Wonder what TurboGirl is up to nowadays...
Last edited by Ataxia on 07 May 2018, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: The emoji made me super-uncomfortable...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

It's been awhile since we had templates modified. This means a lot, thank you for doing these!
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

dr-baker wrote:Wonder what Turbogirl is up to nowadays...

Well, at the moment, I'm somewhat amazed that my old account is still active and functional.

And in general, I'm desperately trying to recover. Recover from a "demon" I have been fighting since mid-June of 2015. A "demon" I still refuse to call by the name it's known by. On top of that, ever since my chemotorture (I refuse to call this hell "therapy"), a deep depression took hold of the vacancy the "demon" left in me and left me at one point standing on the rooftop of the hospital asking myself what good it is to cheat death when it decides to take your sanity as compensation instead.

When I got the test results, I was as devastated as a woman in her late twenties can be when diagnosed with something this horrible. For some strange reason, even though I never was the cowardly type, I decided to simply run away and hoped that I would fall into obscurity eventually. I obviously didn't, judging from the few forumites who still remember me from time to time.

Everyone carries his or her cross, I know that very well. This forum is no different - I've read the posts. Yes, even though I tried not to torture myself with my old projects on here, I couldn't stop lurking the forum every so often. Something inside me felt that I made the wrong decision in abandoning this place, and I regret it ever since. I should have at least tried to hold on to what I had here, knowing all too well that it would've been impossible.

And now it might be too late. Three long years have passed (an eternity in internet-time), this forum has moved on without me, the standards on how to run a good management series have been upped drastically by the likes of BioBiro, and my interest in F1 (or any other racing series, for that matter) has been completely snuffed by the depression. I would LOVE to return, but I don't really know to what, I don't know if people even want me to return, and I also don't know if I'd be able to pull it off...

God, why am I even writing this? I should stay gone for good. Sometimes it's better to move on, not knowing what happened to the people you once knew. I don't want your pity, I don't even want your well-wishes. I really don't know what I want right now. Maybe, perhaps, a small hint of what I could do, now that I've broken my silence?

I guess I just wanted to say I'm sorry. Sorry that I wasn't able to finish what I started, sorry for running away, sorry for ruining everyone's mood with this post, and sorry for completely derailing this thread...

Sorry...
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Turbogirl wrote:

Well, at the moment, I'm somewhat amazed that my old account is still active and functional.

And in general, I'm desperately trying to recover. Recover from a "demon" I have been fighting since mid-June of 2015. A "demon" I still refuse to call by the name it's known by. On top of that, ever since my chemotorture (I refuse to call this hell "therapy"), a deep depression took hold of the vacancy the "demon" left in me and left me at one point standing on the rooftop of the hospital asking myself what good it is to cheat death when it decides to take your sanity as compensation instead.

When I got the test results, I was as devastated as a woman in her late twenties can be when diagnosed with something this horrible. For some strange reason, even though I never was the cowardly type, I decided to simply run away and hoped that I would fall into obscurity eventually. I obviously didn't, judging from the few forumites who still remember me from time to time.

Everyone carries his or her cross, I know that very well. This forum is no different - I've read the posts. Yes, even though I tried not to torture myself with my old projects on here, I couldn't stop lurking the forum every so often. Something inside me felt that I made the wrong decision in abandoning this place, and I regret it ever since. I should have at least tried to hold on to what I had here, knowing all too well that it would've been impossible.

And now it might be too late. Three long years have passed (an eternity in internet-time), this forum has moved on without me, the standards on how to run a good management series have been upped drastically by the likes of BioBiro, and my interest in F1 (or any other racing series, for that matter) has been completely snuffed by the depression. I would LOVE to return, but I don't really know to what, I don't know if people even want me to return, and I also don't know if I'd be able to pull it off...

God, why am I even writing this? I should stay gone for good. Sometimes it's better to move on, not knowing what happened to the people you once knew. I don't want your pity, I don't even want your well-wishes. I really don't know what I want right now. Maybe, perhaps, a small hint of what I could do, now that I've broken my silence?

I guess I just wanted to say I'm sorry. Sorry that I wasn't able to finish what I started, sorry for running away, sorry for ruining everyone's mood with this post, and sorry for completely derailing this thread...

Sorry...

Just to say: this is a happy place. And everyone is welcomed to back. Remember this madhouse's motto:

Depression is hard, trust. I had one a couple of months ago and I'm still not over it. If you want to come back, you're more than welcome too. This madhouse needs more people who are great. Just stay strong, and this madhouse is here to help you if needed!
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
This Could Be You

Turbogirl wrote:

Sorry...

As the creator of the thread you claim to have derailed, there's no need to for you to apologise.

I'd just like to take the opportunity to say thank you for your old templates- without them, there's no way I would have started out with my own (somewhat lower quality, admittedly) livery and template designs (indeed, my F1/ARWS designs are still heavily based off yours, as when I try to start off on my own, I produce an ill-proportioned mess), and discovered the joy and satisfaction of making them, even when other things in my life (largely anxiety based, but paling in significance to what you've been through) have gone badly. Obviously I was not around on this forum when you left the first time round, but I see no reason why you wouldn't be welcome back here- your past contributions to this forum still have a significant bearing here over four years after you left.

Also, what Miguel said :P
Your Signature Here

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Turbogirl wrote:I don't want your pity, I don't even want your well-wishes. I really don't know what I want right now. Maybe, perhaps, a small hint of what I could do, now that I've broken my silence?

Sorry...

Please, don't be sorry. Just glad to hear from you again, and to hear that you're still with us.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Miguel98 wrote:Just to say: this is a happy place. And everyone is welcomed to back. Remember this madhouse's motto:

(picture of the motto)

Depression is hard, trust. I had one a couple of months ago and I'm still not over it. If you want to come back, you're more than welcome too. This madhouse needs more people who are great. Just stay strong, and this madhouse is here to help you if needed!
You're right! I remember someone posting me this motto the day I signed up here. Yeah, depression is really hard. The worst thing about it is that it's unpredictable - it always shows up with a vengeance when you're at your lowest point. And thank you for your warm welcome. I suppose I was insecure about returning for no real reason... :oops:

This Could Be You wrote:As the creator of the thread you claim to have derailed, there's no need to for you to apologise.

I'd just like to take the opportunity to say thank you for your old templates- without them, there's no way I would have started out with my own (somewhat lower quality, admittedly) livery and template designs (indeed, my F1/ARWS designs are still heavily based off yours, as when I try to start off on my own, I produce an ill-proportioned mess), and discovered the joy and satisfaction of making them, even when other things in my life (largely anxiety based, but paling in significance to what you've been through) have gone badly. Obviously I was not around on this forum when you left the first time round, but I see no reason why you wouldn't be welcome back here- your past contributions to this forum still have a significant bearing here over four years after you left.
Thank you so much for your kind words. They mean a lot to me. :)

It's encouraging to see that my work has inspired someone to follow his passion. What you showcase here and the templates you made for BioBiro's series proves that you have a lot of passion for design. And that's the most important thing to have. Everything else is just a matter of time and experience, trust me. Keep up the good work, "gambatte" as they say in Japan, and never doubt your abilities and your own potential - no matter what other people might tell you.

For now you'll be the sole template designer on this forum, because I need to situate myself first before even attempting a schedule as busy as the one I had back in 2014. And after that, I'm sure we can work something out. I've somewhat lost touch with current F1 designs anyway, so I'm definitely not going to try my hands on those for a while - aside from the fact that I refuse to draw this "thingy" that looks like the thong of my flip-flops on top of any of my designs just to go with the Zeitgeist!

dr-baker wrote:Please, don't be sorry. Just glad to hear from you again, and to hear that you're still with us.
I am, and I made the decision to get involved again, albeit on a smaller scale than before. It might take a lot more time - thanks to the depression -, but specifically because of that I'm actually pretty eager to try. How do I know I can't swim until I have drowned, right? Maybe, just maybe, this is exactly the kind of therapy I need right now. And if I FA1L ;), I have nothing to lose to begin with.

Now I just need to figure out where to begin...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

everyone wrote:Don't forget you're here forever

Whilst I echo everyone's kind words above, I'll throw in my two pennies on our motto. I, for various reasons, left the forum, and left virtual series and teams abandoned. I thought that I would not be welcomed back after an almost two year absence. Still, I was welcomed back, and they even let me run series again the joke's on them :pantano:

The reasons for any of our members' absence are their own. We are just glad they come back.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

(By the way, I love the fact that we have a therapy thread, but we don not automatically redirect people there, but rather continue the conversation wherever it comes up. Keep the good work up guys.)
MCard LOLA
John Rafael

Post by John Rafael »

Long time no see! I do not know if I am allowed to reply to this topic, but I would like to share this template with you. Maybe it's of some use.
    Unfortunately I have too many hobbies, so I only show up here once every 14 months. Still, do not remove me, I like to see the topics.
This Could Be You

John Rafael wrote:Long time no see! I do not know if I am allowed to reply to this topic, but I would like to share this template with you. Maybe it's of some use.

Other people's template submissions are more than welcome, and this one is rather interesting- it's sort of a cross between a 2012-17 Indycar and 2011-17 GP2 chassis. Also, it's nice to see you return to the forum!

Speaking of templates, I've made a couple more of them recently, and have been meaning to upload them for a while now:

D105
An Indycar-inspired design (weirdly enough...) with a small airbox and sharkfin, also fitted with a nose inspired by the 2017/early 2018 Mclaren design. It is actually derived as a template from the ancient Brabham chassis that Euromotor currently use, not that you can tell by looking at it...

D301K
A potential Kahama chassis design for 2020, which is in essence a refinement of the 2019 chassis, with a less bulky nosecone, more sculpted sidepods and a smaller airbox.

UPDATE: Here's a couple more templates, for good measure:

D302C
If there's anyone insane enough to like the original nose design of the Caterham CT05, this is the template for them! :P

D303
...and for those who are sane (and not running Kahama) here's a generic version of this template, with a conventional high nose design.

D304A
A derivative of the D3xx line modified for Scuderia Adriatica, adding a lower nosecone
Last edited by This Could Be You on 11 Jun 2018, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
Your Signature Here

John Rafael

Post by John Rafael »

Oh, these ones may be more useful.

Spark SRT-01 (or a try on it)
Williams JPH1, aka Jones 115 (This one was made by Ataxia, and I just reworked it to vector, but I doubt he'll oppose if anyone uses it)
    Unfortunately I have too many hobbies, so I only show up here once every 14 months. Still, do not remove me, I like to see the topics.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Laaaaaaaaaads, is it permissible for me to pinch one of these mighty fine templates for a little competition thingy over in the BSMF?
TORA! TORA! TORA!
This Could Be You

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Laaaaaaaaaads, is it permissible for me to pinch one of these mighty fine templates for a little competition thingy over in the BSMF?

Sure (may I ask what said competition thingy is?)
Your Signature Here

John Rafael

Post by John Rafael »

I thought I've missed it. If I remember correctly this is a Formula Renault 1.6 spec around 2015. May be useful.Image
This Could Be You

Here's a couple more templates:

D104G (yes, I know it's been released after the D105)
An evolution of previous Venturi chassis, with an even more absurdly high (but more sculpted) airbox intake, as well as a general refinement of other aerodynamic elements.

D106M
A CART-inspired design intended for the Mediterranean Motorsports ARWS team
Your Signature Here