091206 December Edition

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

091206 December Edition

Post by Kuwashima »

G'day all!

Here's a hit-and-run podcast covering the latest in F1 news since our Abu Dhabi GP Edition. That means Button to McLaren, Mercedes to Brawn, Glock to Manor, Manor to Virgin, Sutil and Liuzzi to Force India, Lopez to USF1, Wolff to Williams, Prodrive to Renault or Luxembourg to Renault, BMW to Sauber, Zoran to Toyota.

The big news is that Enoch is in Cambodia on a brief holiday, but as you know from my previous efforts in Tonga, distance is no barrier to F1 Rejects podcasting, just a technological hurdle that we sometimes stumble at. Hence the audio quality is variable throughout - and Enoch drops out once.

Here's a screenshot of us testing the video interface, with Enoch proudly waving the Cambodian flag! (Alas we didn't record the whole thing using webcams on grounds of saving bandwidth.)

Hope you enjoy, and yes, the Season Review will follow in a week or so featuring the one-word reviews.

Cheers Jamie
Fitch

Re: 091206 December Edition

Post by Fitch »

AWESOME......

When I read the Initial Reports of the Merc Sale...Janis was the First thing that popped into my head.....
Rentragmuab Tlosz!!!!!
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Great podcast. But you mispronounced Berwick-uopn-Tweed! :lol: It's pronounced "Berrick" ("Berr" as in "berry", rhymes with "Derek"). The W isn't pronounced any more than the second W in Derek Warwick's surname.But that's an extremely minor quibble, other than that great podcast! Great to see you podcasting in different locations, where to next I wonder?
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Another great podcast, of course made greater by the mention of my e-mail.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
noisebox

Post by noisebox »

tc3j3r wrote:Great podcast. But you mispronounced Berwick-uopn-Tweed! :lol: It's pronounced "Berrick" ("Berr" as in "berry", rhymes with "Derek"). The W isn't pronounced any more than the second W in Derek Warwick's surname.But that's an extremely minor quibble, other than that great podcast! Great to see you podcasting in different locations, where to next I wonder?

whilst we're on the subject how the hell do you pronounce tc3j3r??

Also some Berwick trivia - the only football team to play in the Scottish league, but ne based in England is Berwick Rangers.
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

and football keeps on finding it's way back to this forum :D
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

This wrote:and football keeps on finding it's way back to this forum :D

*Association* football!
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Kuwashima wrote:

*Association* football!

As opposed to Gaelic football of course.
Waris

Post by Waris »

Two things spring to mind when reading this thread:

1 - this is the first time in a really long while that I see a picture of Jamie McGregor (g'day, Jamie)
and
2 - It occurred to me that visitors of the site aren't currently notified that there is a new podcast. Are you forgetting the site with all the joy the forum brings, maybe? :o
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

shinji wrote:
Kuwashima wrote:

*Association* football!

As opposed to Gaelic football of course.

... or REAL FOOTBALL... (You know, the football where you don't use your feet hardly at all)
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

thehemogoblin wrote:... or REAL FOOTBALL... (You know, the football where you don't use your feet hardly at all)

Jeez, these US-Americans... :D

Well, another enjoyable podcast, thanks for that. I'm looking forward to the season review edition.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Klon wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:... or REAL FOOTBALL... (You know, the football where you don't use your feet hardly at all)

Well, another enjoyable podcast, thanks for that. I'm looking forward to the season review edition.

Calm down, my friend. I'm half German and I love the Beautiful Game as well. I just like pointing out the irony in the name of my second-favorite game.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

thehemogoblin wrote:
Klon wrote:

Calm down, my friend. I'm half German and I love the Beautiful Game as well. I just like pointing out the irony in the name of my second-favorite game.

And I was just joking anyways. Do I care how it's called? I'm here for the Formula 1 and its heroic failures :D
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Klon wrote:And I was just joking anyways. Do I care how it's called? I'm here for the Formula 1 and its heroic failures :D

I know you were kidding, hence "My friend..."
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Good to see a recent photo of you guys. Who knows, one day, we might walk into each other on the street ...
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Fitch wrote:When I read the Initial Reports of the Merc Sale...Janis was the First thing that popped into my head.....

The first thing that pops in my head when reading "Janis" is former Jordan tester Jaroslav Janis.

Ah yes, Australian rules football. Oh, how I miss getting a weekly dose of that on ESPN2.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

It took some time until I found the time to listen to the December / offseason edition of the podcast. Thanks again for a good one. The GMIF1P of Schiattarella was beautiful. Now that the Virgins are coming from the hands of Nick Wirth, maybe soon we'll see a Virgin spin like that.
Let's have more GMIF1P on the next podcast please.

Btw, my favourite GMIF1P situation from this season was Luca Badoer touching the while line while leaving the pits at Valencia.
I only watched that race because Luca was in it. Otherwise, it was dull.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
P_Friesacher

Post by P_Friesacher »

Another great podcast! Thank you so much for doing this!
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

noisebox wrote:
tc3j3r wrote:Great podcast. But you mispronounced Berwick-uopn-Tweed! :lol: It's pronounced "Berrick" ("Berr" as in "berry", rhymes with "Derek"). The W isn't pronounced any more than the second W in Derek Warwick's surname.But that's an extremely minor quibble, other than that great podcast! Great to see you podcasting in different locations, where to next I wonder?

Also some Berwick trivia - the only football team to play in the Scottish league, but ne based in England is Berwick Rangers.

More Berwick trivia, for some strange historical reason Berwick is not regarded as being governed by either England or Scotland in certain circumstances. For this reason they officially only stopped fighting WW2 within the last 20 years (I can't remember when exactly) & a separate treaty had to be signed. ( Ack S. Fry/QI).
Apparently the town has changed countries from time to time. 8-)
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

eagleash wrote:
noisebox wrote:

More Berwick trivia, for some strange historical reason Berwick is not regarded as being governed by either England or Scotland in certain circumstances. For this reason they officially only stopped fighting WW2 within the last 20 years (I can't remember when exactly) & a separate treaty had to be signed. ( Ack S. Fry/QI).
Apparently the town has changed countries from time to time. 8-)

I think that's an urban myth eagleash, sorry to rain on your parade. But Berwick is definitely the most northerly town in England, that's definite
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Agreed it's in England as of now but has been Scottish in times past. The last time it changed hands was in 1482.

Both 'facts' were stated on QI which is known for actually exploding urban myths not perpetuating them.

Umbrella Warren? :)
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

I just like how (the majority of) Berwick would prefer to be in Scotland than England right now! :lol:
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Collieafc wrote:I just like how (the majority of) Berwick would prefer to be in Scotland than England right now! :lol:

Yep that's true.....but you'll all come crawling back shortly after independence :lol:

As a Londoner I'm kind of proud of our close love/hate relationship & it would be a very sad day in my view if the Union were to be dissolved.

NB It may have been the Crimean War & although not included in the peace treaty Berwick was also not included in the Declaration of War either....so may not have been at war in the first place :shock:
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

eagleash wrote:Yep that's true.....but you'll all come crawling back shortly after independence :lol:

I would agree. Really, apart from the oil, Scotland has very little. And oil doesnt last forever.

I dont favour full independance either, I prefer how it is just now (even if it means that instead of all the money going to London, it goes to Glasgow and Edinburgh instead)
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Collieafc wrote:
eagleash wrote:Yep that's true.....but you'll all come crawling back shortly after independence :lol:

I would agree. Really, apart from the oil, Scotland has very little. And oil doesnt last forever.

I dont favour full independance either, I prefer how it is just now (even if it means that instead of all the money going to London, it goes to Glasgow and Edinburgh instead)

Scots have made some great contributions in the past but unlike say Brum or Mcr have not developed their own strong local economy. This may be down to geography....by which I mean the suitability of the terrain to sustain the sort of developments Eng saw during the 18th century (Ind Rev)....a fair number of the prime movers in that era came from the Celtic fringe. :geek:

Is this off topic or what. I'll have Carlos & Shinji shouting at me any moment! :(
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

eagleash wrote:
Is this off topic or what. I'll have Carlos & Shinji shouting at me any moment! :(

Why would I care? I am off topic.
Last edited by shinji on 09 Dec 2009, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

shinji wrote:
eagleash wrote:

Why would I care? I am offf topic.

Are you? Never mind. They're one of my favourites along with Toblerone.

I think I saw a post where you claimed to be one who tries to restore order when things go off tangentially. :?
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

eagleash wrote:Is this off topic or what. I'll have Carlos & Shinji shouting at me any moment! :(

Hardly, mate. This is F1Rejects, which is slightly off-topic in itself. :D Besides, what's the point in shouting?

Enoch, Jamie, thanks for the wiki F1Rejects shout out. We'll try to make you proud!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
eagleash wrote:Is this off topic or what. I'll have Carlos & Shinji shouting at me any moment! :(

Hardly, mate. This is F1Rejects, which is slightly off-topic in itself. :D Besides, what's the point in shouting?

Enoch, Jamie, thanks for the wiki F1Rejects shout out. We'll try to make you proud!

Well posting in BIG LETTERS then.

How does the wiki thing work. Yes I'm computer illiterate. The last time I looked processors were called 286!
Though I did send a fledgling E-mail in 1982! Yes really. (In house system).
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

eagleash wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:

How does the wiki thing work. Yes I'm computer illiterate. The last time I looked processors were called 286!

Nineteen EIghty What?

Anyway, go here, make an account, and click edit in the top left hand corner of the page. Then just type away. Should be good as long as people actually do it.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

shinji wrote:
eagleash wrote:

Nineteen EIghty What?

Anyway, go here, make an account, and click edit in the top left hand corner of the page. Then just type away. Should be good as long as people actually do it.

Seems to take an age to load but I'll give it a go later....it may be that my neighbours int connection is in use,which kind of slows me down as i appear to be connected to it by Wifi whatever that is.

198 TWO there was time before 1994 you know. 1994 even had 386s
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

eagleash wrote:Seems to take an age to load but I'll give it a go later....it may be that my neighbours int connection is in use,which kind of slows me down as i appear to be connected to it by Wifi whatever that is.

Naughty! Stealing internets from your neighbour...apparently you can get a huge fine for that now. Just be thankful I'm not your next door neighbour, or I'd have noticed by now :lol:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

eagleash wrote:

I thought that time just skipped from 1979 to 1990, or to rephrase that - from Joy Division to Nirvana.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

shinji wrote:
eagleash wrote:

I thought that time just skipped from 1979 to 1990, or to rephrase that - from Joy Division to Nirvana.

Oh I'm sorry I thought you were a music fan. My bad
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

kostas22 wrote:
eagleash wrote:Seems to take an age to load but I'll give it a go later....it may be that my neighbours int connection is in use,which kind of slows me down as i appear to be connected to it by Wifi whatever that is.

Naughty! Stealing internets from your neighbour...apparently you can get a huge fine for that now. Just be thankful I'm not your next door neighbour, or I'd have noticed by now :lol:

Actually I've no idea where my internet connection comes from. I just bought a laptoppy thingummy took it home switched it on & voila wifi internet connection. Just like you get at airport (I'm told). Anyone want to buy an unused 3G mobile broadband USB modem with £10 topup inc? ;)
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

eagleash wrote:
shinji wrote:
eagleash wrote:

Oh I'm sorry I thought you were a music fan. My bad

Just because I restrict myself to musicians who died tragically doesn't mean you can diss me.*

*Oh yes, I used the word diss.

EDIT - SHOOP DA WHOOP! 1000 POSTS!

eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Oh yes it does, it really does.

I've just got to 100 today. So congrats all round then 8-)
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

eagleash wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

Actually I've no idea where my internet connection comes from. I just bought a laptoppy thingummy took it home switched it on & voila wifi internet connection. Just like you get at airport (I'm told). Anyone want to buy an unused 3G mobile broadband USB modem with £10 topup inc? ;)

The Stig's broadband-nicking cousin.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

shinji wrote:EDIT - SHOOP DA WHOOP! 1000 POSTS!

Nothing like celebrating nerdy-ness. :P
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Klon wrote:
Nothing like celebrating nerdy-ness. :P

What's life without nerdyness I ask you?