The Force India Name Thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Ataxia
Not Important

The Force India Name Thread

Post by Ataxia »

Force India are linked with a name change almost every year, but this time it seems to be happening for real. Mallya wants a name that's more attractive to international sponsors, and to be honest the Force India moniker has always felt a little bit clumsy.

So, why did I start this thread? Because - if AMuS are to be believed - they're looking at an option that should be familiar to most on this forum...

If my terrible German is correct, then the team are considering a switch to "Force 1". For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Force 1 name, feel free to check out some F1R/GPR history...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Re: The Force India Name Thread

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Don Pentecost to be appointed as Vijay Mallya's permanent successor as Team Principal?

If they're attached to 'Force' or 'F', then why not go for something a little less tacky? Like, say....

F Zero? :glasses:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

If I ran Force India, I'd be tempted to contact Eddie Jordan, make him a "Team Ambassador" or something, and licence the Jordan Grand Prix name. I mean it makes sense as it was the team's original name, and keeps to the current team's ethos (way more than the insipid Midland name) of being best of the rest behind the top three or four teams, all while punching above their weight.

Besides, I feel painting their cars bright pink is the kind of thing Jordan might have done if they hadn't got B&H sponsorship...

Failing that, why not bring back Spyker and attempt to nab Verstappen from Red Bull :vergne:
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Force 1 definitely isn't an improvement over Force India. Bland, uninspiring and just as unwieldy.

If they want something distinctive and memorable, they need to pick a name that's completely new.

Panther F1 Team - then they can really be the 'pink panthers'...

I'll get my coat...
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

I find it quite sad that old Donnie's website is no longer functioning. And with a US team on the grid no less.

EDIT: It appears he has moved his site here: https://car1dragracingsponsorship.wordp ... onsorship/

Now the idea of Pentecost wanting to start a drag team certainly peaked my interest, as I hold a drag racing licence and have become sort of a de facto track manager at Beaver Springs. The track owner would have a field day with this clown. Sadly all the pages either don't work, or simply hype up his invention, with some dare I say it NSFW pictures. Plus he STILL wants to run an F1 team, and he has a movie script for sale!

EDIT 2: Dig this, "I am seeking to acquire funding for a future, winning, USA-based

Formula 1® Team.

To assure financial stability for the team, I require a 5 year financial

commitment of $540 Million (minimum).

I require full leadership responsibility for the team.

I also require to be the primary F1® driver, despite the fact that

I have never raced Formula 1®, and that I am 57 years old.

Talk is cheap. Put me to the test in any form of racing, in any type

of race car.

While I am in the process of acquiring funding for my future Formula 1® Team, (and driving for that team), I need to stay active with seat time, (especially in the Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona area.

What do you have available to race ?

Sprint Car
Closed Circuit Off Road
NHRA Drag Racing (any class)
Road Racing
Or____________________?
Even though Formula 1® will always be the main objective, I am going to open this blog to other Motorsport opportunities at the same time. This includes F1 Boat Racing."

I so want to email him. I have a car and a track he can test at. LMAO
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

I do like Force One as a team name as it reeks of 1970s/80s naffness to be honest.

Anyway, it's time for me to go to the lavatory now as my constipation doesn't appear to be easing so I guess I'll just have to, drum roll, force one.
Just For One Day...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CoopsII wrote:Anyway, it's time for me to go to the lavatory now as my constipation doesn't appear to be easing so I guess I'll just have to, drum roll, force one.

So, for once, you're full of sh*t? :o
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

dr-baker wrote:
CoopsII wrote:Anyway, it's time for me to go to the lavatory now as my constipation doesn't appear to be easing so I guess I'll just have to, drum roll, force one.

So, for once, you're full of sh*t? :o

:D I think everyone here knows there's no 'for once' about it but if you're talking biologically you'll be pleased to note I have now emptied my Haas...
Just For One Day...
AdrianBelmonte_

Post by AdrianBelmonte_ »

For Force's Sake
#FoxesFansHooligans

#HaasShouldBeSoLucky
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CoopsII wrote: but if you're talking biologically you'll be pleased to note I have now emptied my Haas...

So the force was strong with that one? ;)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

dr-baker wrote:
CoopsII wrote: but if you're talking biologically you'll be pleased to note I have now emptied my Haas...

I hope he didn't have to force it much.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CarloSpace wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

I hope he didn't have to force it much.

If it were Delhi Belly instead of constipation, Coops would be trying to force it NOT to come out...
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

From Force India to Don Pentecost to Terrance & Phillip. Where will this thread meander next?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

I cant be the only thinking that the amount of puns that will going around if one of the cars ever get airborne.

Also exclusive pics off their 2018 challenger i must admit it looks like a winner and able to knock Mercedes off the top :D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_One ... ty_vehicle)
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

They'll be the F1 F1 Team. Surely that's a marketing cock-up too far
Last edited by Aislabie on 30 Jun 2017, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Aislabie wrote:They'll be the F1 F1Team. Surely that's a marketing cock-up too far

I'd never even considered that. Even if they keep saying 'we're The F1 team' hoping it will catch on it will still sound dumb.
Just For One Day...
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Aislabie wrote:They'll be the F1 F1 Team. Surely that's a marketing cock-up too far

Call them FiF1 cause FiF1 likes to wear pink.... :facepalm:
mario

Post by mario »

CoopsII wrote:
Aislabie wrote:They'll be the F1 F1Team. Surely that's a marketing cock-up too far

I'd never even considered that. Even if they keep saying 'we're The F1 team' hoping it will catch on it will still sound dumb.

That raises an interesting question - in the past, we know that Bernie was very protective of the terms "F1" and the variants of it (even though his efforts to trademark the term were refused on the grounds that it was a generic term), and in the past raised objections when teams tried to incorporate some of those terms into their name.

The fact that Force India could potentially change their name in such a way as to allow themselves to coyly refer to themselves as "The F1 Team" is something that I doubt could have happened if Bernie was still heading up FOM. Is this an implicit nod from Liberty Media that they are taking a slightly more relaxed approach to the use of the term "F1" by those competing in the sport?
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

I'm just catching up with this thread and all I have to contribute is that I won't be able to think of Force One without also thinking of this:
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

This isn't related to their name, more just to Force India in general...