QuickSim: 2020 Indy Pro Mazda Championship

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Bobby Doorknobs

QuickSim: 2020 Indy Pro Mazda Championship

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

"Wait, what? 2019 isn't even finished yet!"

You're right, and don't worry, this thing isn't really starting until most of the 2019 championships are out of the way.

The reason this thread is open is so you have a reminder (spam at this point, really) that the Pro Mazda championship I have planned for 2020 has a wiki page up where anyone can enter a team and drivers (only fictional drivers allowed for now). There are two tables: one for the team entries themselves, the other for drivers without 2020 contracts but might be interested in taking a Pro Mazda drive. Please fill them in as you desire. Or don't, your choice.
#FreeGonzo
Bobby Doorknobs

Re: QuickSim: 2020 Indy Pro Mazda Championship

I've decided on a 20-car limit for full-time entries to keep this series consistent in scope with the real-life Pro Mazda series at its peak. I've also decided that some teams will be allowed to run more than two full-time cars, again to keep consistency with the real-life series. This will be decided based on the potential scope of the team in real life and/or canon. For example, Team Pelfrey usually runs three full-time cars in the real-life Pro Mazda series, so they will be invited to do the same here.

So far, most of the teams submitted would be invited to enter at least two cars, with some allowed to enter three with an additional part-time entry, or even four full-time cars if possible. With ten teams on the entry list at the moment, some will be rejected outright, a decision which will be made based on how realistic the entry is. And to be honest, some of the entries made so far are unrealistic.
#FreeGonzo
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Quick reminder: our overlord Shawn DiBenedetto would be really interested in a Pro Mazda drive. He brings some cash with him - he won't tell you how he got it, but he does.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
coldcherrii

Post by coldcherrii »

novitopoli wrote:Quick reminder: our overlord Shawn DiBenedetto would be really interested in a Pro Mazda drive. He brings some cash with him - he won't tell you how he got it, but he does.

Hm, Axiom Racing Union offers him a one year deal with a two year extension if he proves his worth in 2020.
TomDilain

Post by TomDilain »

Can I still enter a team? Or is it full?
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

Chaossy wrote:
novitopoli wrote:Quick reminder: our overlord Shawn DiBenedetto would be really interested in a Pro Mazda drive. He brings some cash with him - he won't tell you how he got it, but he does.

Hm, Axiom Racing Union offers him a one year deal with a two year extension if he proves his worth in 2020.

On the condition that Axiom Racing Union is awarded a Pro Mazda spot, Lord Shawn would be really glad to prove his worth with your team.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Bobby Doorknobs

TomDilain wrote:Can I still enter a team? Or is it full?

Right now, there's no limit on the amount of teams that can be entered. However, there is a limit on how many will eventually be selected, so some of the teams you'll see on the wiki page won't make it.
#FreeGonzo
TomDilain

Post by TomDilain »

Simtek wrote:

Right now, there's no limit on the amount of teams that can be entered. However, there is a limit on how many will eventually be selected, so some of the teams you'll see on the wiki page won't make it.

Now since I don't have an account on the wiki, I can't really add my team on it. How can I add mine?
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

TomDilain wrote:
Simtek wrote:

Now since I don't have an account on the wiki, I can't really add my team on it. How can I add mine?

If you dm the details I can add it for you.
TomDilain

Post by TomDilain »

Pinkd56 wrote:
TomDilain wrote:

If you dm the details I can add it for you.

That'd be amazing. Thank you! Just dmed you.
Bobby Doorknobs

Taking inspiration from Klon's 1998 F1, I've added three preference fields DEC owners can fill in in the uncontracted drivers table. I'd also recommend that prospective team owners alert me of any particular preference as to the sort of drivers they would employ should the need arise for me to complete any lineups myself (e.g. drivers must be United States citizens).
#FreeGonzo
TomDilain

Post by TomDilain »

I've edited the team name for my team but keeping the lineup.

Also, I'm wondering if there's any minimum requirements for the drivers? Or can I put new drivers in the wiki page for anyone to sign?

Thanks.
Bobby Doorknobs

TomDilain wrote:I've edited the team name for my team but keeping the lineup.

Also, I'm wondering if there's any minimum requirements for the drivers? Or can I put new drivers in the wiki page for anyone to sign?

Thanks.

No minimum requirements, really. Just don't sign any Lights or IndyCar drivers.

And yes, if you have any drivers to join Moyenmoutier in the free agency section, please add them. :)
#FreeGonzo
aggi

Post by aggi »

Is it still okay to post entry?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Team Pelfrey will return for another year, and will expand to a third car for a rent-a-ride buyer to help pay the bills
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I'll put Eduardo Anez as a free agency here.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

FMecha wrote:I'll put Eduardo Anez as a free agency here.

DoubleSeven offer Amex a contract for 2020.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

After an admittedly unsuccessful season in Eurasian Formula 3, Kika van den Heiligenberg, the Most Beautiful Diamond of Racing, is looking for a drive in an environment she is more familiar with. Outside of providing your team with financial support from the Best In The World Support Group to your team, she provides experience at the New York Fashion Week and has taken part in the Ford Models Supermodel of the World competition, which will allow her to represent your team and its sponsor with the utmost excellence.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Team Pelfrey would like to run Heiligenberg in the #82 car, should our proposed three-car entry be accepted
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Wizzie wrote:Team Pelfrey would like to run Heiligenberg in the #82 car, should our proposed three-car entry be accepted

I forgot Pelfrey would be in this.

Two-season Pelfrey driver Chris di Longo would like to move up to Pro Mazda from F4, if they would be so inclined.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Wizzie wrote:Team Pelfrey would like to run Heiligenberg in the #82 car, should our proposed three-car entry be accepted

Her and her management are happy to accept that offer.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

DemocalypseNow wrote:

I forgot Pelfrey would be in this.

Two-season Pelfrey driver Chris di Longo would like to move up to Pro Mazda from F4, if they would be so inclined.

Pelfrey will be more than happy to run di Longo in the #81 car for the 2020 season

For the record, the #80 machine will run a non-fictional driver
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
FMecha wrote:I'll put Eduardo Anez as a free agency here.

DoubleSeven offer Amex a contract for 2020.

That's a deal.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

FMecha wrote:That's a deal.

DoubleSeven welcomes Eduardo Anez to the team.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Whilst Carrera Granada offers Kyle Kirkwood a seat for 2020, we would also like to ask Charlie Cook for NAF4 to race for the team.
Pilot

Post by Pilot »

Gonzalez wrote:Whilst Carrera Granada offers Kyle Kirkwood a seat for 2020, we would also like to ask Charlie Cook for NAF4 to race for the team.

Charlie Cook accepts the Carrera Granada Indy Pro Madza seat, however if that's already taken, Charlie Cook will delay any announcement regarding NAF4.
Biscione wrote:Can you stop being such a snowflake for five minutes?
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Pilot wrote:
Gonzalez wrote:Whilst Carrera Granada offers Kyle Kirkwood a seat for 2020, we would also like to ask Charlie Cook for NAF4 to race for the team.

Charlie Cook accepts the Carrera Granada Indy Pro Madza seat, however if that's already taken, Charlie Cook will delay any announcement regarding NAF4.

The seat has not been taken yet so you are fine.