F1 1985+

Archive for the three above subforums
RedEyes504

Re: F1 1985+

Post by RedEyes504 »

BMW
1. Warsteiner
2. Tissot
Alexander Wurz is timeless and endless and eternal.
Dexter249

Post by Dexter249 »

Toleman Bids
Canon
Barclay
Marlboro
Warsteiner
Loto
Candy.
FIAT Group, finding loopholes in the FIA rulebook since it's inception.
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

@Zakspeed/CarloSpace:

CarloSpace wrote:Panasonic
BioBiro wrote:Panasonic, Nationality: Japanese, Industry: Technology, Income for season: £7,500,000. Note: only available to independent (no manufacturer support, of any kind) teams.
BioBiro wrote:Zakspeed
[...]
Manufacturer/Independent: Manufacturer (Limited support)

Can't allow this one, but do pick a replacement for Panasonic, if you like!

Rest of your bids are fine, and you'll get to enjoy the luxurious benefits of limited manufacturer support soon enough ;).
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

CarloSpace wrote:ZAKSPEED
Warsteiner
Milde Sorte
Vivitar
Powerbuilt
Millfix
Augros
Porchester Group

Edited my list!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Spirit's sponsorship bids:

FujiTV
Panasonic
Vivitar
Millfix
Cobra
Koni
USA for Africa
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Williams bids:
Canon
Olivetti
Loto
Candy
Longines
Saudia
Warsteiner
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

McLaren bids to

Marlboro
Camozzi
Candy
Longines
FACOM

We will save other two for the second round if there are available places to sponsorship
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

Wizzie wrote:
BBC wrote:Mitterrand announces Parliamentary Investingation into Rizla

[...]

The BBC will report more details as they come to hand.
What? What?!?! You're not even in this series! You're not even in the queue! And you're trying to pull political shenanigans? :?

Obviously, you and 'This' are in cahoots. I can only assume he's attempting to use you - an outsider - in a vain effort to secure his team greater sponsorship income than would otherwise be available to him. Plus, he's dragging the sport through the media; a team-owner exerting influence on the government, to pressure a private company into sponsoring a motor racing team, is not good for the sport's image. Admittedly, not unusual for Guy Ligier, but we're trying to get away from this sort of thing, and enter newer, emerging markets, soon; the type of emerging markets where they chop your head-off if you try this sort of thing.

I'll decide what the Ligier team's punishment will be, later. :evil:
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

Osella's Sponsor Bids are:
Denim
Candy
Micromax
Carvico
Emporio Armani
Saima
Coopbox

I was just thinking that, like the addition you made that if a team performed poorly some sponsors would refuse to sign, perhaps some sponsors would be more likely to resign if they were pleased by the team's performance/that performance exceeded expectations? And I would also guess that the Industries thing is so that you can't aign two or more sponsors from the same industry type (with a couple of exceptions)? I mean, it would make sense. Wouldn't want conflicting sponsors on the same car.
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

TheFlyingCaterham wrote:I was just thinking that, like the addition you made that if a team performed poorly some sponsors would refuse to sign, perhaps some sponsors would be more likely to resign if they were pleased by the team's performance/that performance exceeded expectations?
That's a good idea. I've added a 'previous customer' bonus for 1985, but a 'performance bonus' would be a good addition for 1986.

TheFlyingCaterham wrote:And I would also guess that the Industries thing is so that you can't aign two or more sponsors from the same industry type (with a couple of exceptions)? I mean, it would make sense. Wouldn't want conflicting sponsors on the same car.
I had considered doing this, but I feared it would make the sponsor selection process too complex. Last year, people had enough trouble picking sponsors and engine suppliers that were the same nationality as them - having too many restrictions to be taken into account would probably make for a lot of erroneous bids.

What I'm really trying to avoid is having sponsors with requirements that go...

Fag-End Cigarettes, Note: only available to Hong Kong teams, but will not sign with FirstLight Racing or Freeez-Motorsport due to previous poor performance, and will also not sign with rivaling tobacco companies.

... because it becomes too cumbersome, especially for younger users or those for whom English is not their native language.

If the player chose sponsors through some sort of interactive UI that pre-filtered sponsors for them, so that only legal options were available, then I'd definitely like to add this.

I may try a more radical approach to signing sponsors for 1986, that maintains a degree of ease-of-use, while adding the functionality of your idea, as I agree that it doesn't make sense to advertise rivaling tobacco or car companies. If you've any ideas on keeping all the existing functionality, adding your idea, and keeping it simple, then do let me know (in the thread, or via PM)! :)

FYI, the 'Industry' descriptor is for far more evil reasons :evil:.
andrew

Post by andrew »

RAM attempted sponsor signings

Panasonic
Nikon
Fuji tv
Micromax
Loto
Longines
Cisa
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Alfa Romeo

Olivetti
De Longhi
Carvico
Candy
DENIM
SAIMA
Coopbox
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Loto
Nikon
Tissot
Millfix
Augros
Melinex
Facom
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Ice1Racing

Post by Ice1Racing »

Brabham Bids

Team Sponsor - Canon/Olivetti
Supplementary Sponsor - Panasonic/Loto/Candy/Longines/Saudia
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

Sponsor Signing Results - Set One (Of Two)
John Player Special
Lotus - 57% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Tyrrell - 42% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Lotus gets it!

Canon:
Tyrrell - 29% chance
Williams - 11% chance
Arrows - 6% chance
Toleman - 4% chance
Brabham - 48% chance
Tyrrell gets it!

Arrows are guaranteed Beatrice title sponsorship!

Olivetti:
Alfa Romeo - 37% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Williams - 8% chance
Brabham - 54% chance (Existing customer bonus)
Brabham gets it!

Toleman are guaranteed Barclay sponsorship!

DeLonghi will provide title sponsorship for the Alfa Romeo team...

... and Marlboro renew their team sponsorship program with McLaren!

Skoal Bandit had no takers. No-one. Not one team wanted their eight million pounds of sponsorship income. No one. Not one team. What a pity~...

... and now onto the supplementary sponsors:
McLaren sign Camozzi Pneumatic straight away!

Milde Sorte is definitely a-OK with sponsoring the Zakspeed team!

Rizla+ will give their juicy cashmonies to Lola.

Panasonic is flattered by the many parties clamoring for its money:
Spirit - 6% chance
RAM - 6% chance
Brabham - 86% chance
Brabham gets it!
Well done to Brabham!

Vivitar, now, must choose which of the following two teams it will sponsor:
Spirit - 50% chance
Zakspeed - 50% chance
Zakspeed gets it!

Arrows sign Courtaulds!

Likewise, Spirit are guaranteed Koni's money!

Speaking of which, we must now decide who will be our FUJI TV camera-car for 1985!
Spirit - 88% chance (Existing customer bonus)
RAM - 11% chance
Spirit gets it!

Loto's generous sponsorship offer attracts teams from all over the grid:
Williams - 11% chance
Toleman - 4% chance
RAM - 3% chance
Lola - 3% chance
Ligier - 29% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Brabham - 47% chance
Ligier gets it!

Nikon:
RAM - 33% chance
Lola - 33% chance
Ligier - 33% chance
RAM gets it!

Alright, Powerbuilt tools - you're up:
Zakspeed - 11% chance
Lola - 88% chance (Existing customer bonus)
Lola gets it!

Cobra:
Arrows - 52% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Spirit - 47% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Spirit gets it!
You know what that means - Spirit will be providing space on their car for 'Live Aid'! Save the date: 13th July 1985. And a big thank you to the team for helping awareness of the event, at no charge! A round of applause, please, for the caring~ generosity~ of the Spirit team! Well done, I say!

Tissot:
Tyrrell - 55% chance
BMW - 24% chance
Arrows - 12% chance
Ligier - 7% chance
Tyrrell gets it!

Melinex will sponsor the Ligier team!

Everyone's favorite sponsor - Candy:
McLaren - 28% chance
Ferrari - 17% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Tyrrell - 7% chance
Alfa Romeo - 13% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Williams - 3% chance
Osella Squadra Corse Alfa - 8% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Toleman - 1% chance
Minardi - 7% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Brabham - 12% chance
McLaren gets it!

Saudia:
Tyrrell - 33% chance
Williams - 12% chance
Brabham - 54% chance
Brabham gets it!

Penthouse. No jokes, please:
Tyrrell - 50% chance
Lola - 50% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Lola gets it!

Millfix:
Arrows - 37% chance
Spirit - 20% chance
Zakspeed - 20% chance
Ligier - 20% chance
Zakspeed gets it!

DENIM:
Ferrari - 45% chance (Same nationality and existing customer bonus!)
Alfa Romeo - 25% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Osella Squadra Corse Alfa - 15% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Minardi - 14% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Alfa Romeo gets it!

Always popular; Longines:
McLaren - 44% chance
Ferrari - 16% chance
Williams - 4% chance
RAM - 1% chance
Lola - 1% chance
Brabham - 30% chance (Existing customer bonus)
Ferrari gets it!

Lola sign Culligan!

FACOM:
McLaren - 78% chance (Existing customer bonus)
Ligier - 21% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Ligier gets it!

Warsteiner:
BMW - 45% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Williams - 13% chance
Toleman - 5% chance
Zakspeed - 35% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Zakspeed gets it!

Ligier signs another sponsor - Augros!

Carvico:
Ferrari - 44% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Alfa Romeo - 34% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Osella Squadra Corse Alfa - 20% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Osella Squadra Corse Alfa gets it!

Emporio Armani; I'm a regular, there:
Osella Squadra Corse Alfa - 50% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Minardi - 49% chance (Same nationality bonus)

CISA:
Minardi - 88% chance (Same nationality bonus)
RAM - 11% chance
Minardi gets it!

Micromax:
Osella Squadra Corse Alfa - 47% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Minardi - 46% chance (Same nationality bonus)
RAM - 5% chance
Minardi gets it!

SAIMA:
Ferrari - 45% chance (Same nationality and existing customer bonus!)
Alfa Romeo - 25% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Osella Squadra Corse Alfa - 15% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Minardi - 14% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Full house, for Alfa's junior team!

Coopbox:
Alfa Romeo - 63% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Minardi - 36% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Alfa Romeo gets it!

tl;dr

Olivetti Brabham signed Olivetti, Panasonic and Saudia for a total sponsorship income of £26,000,000. They have one supplementary slot left.
John Player Special Lotus signed John Player Special for a total sponsorship income of £21,000,000. They have no slots left, and will not take part in the second phase of sponsor signing.
DeLonghi Alfa Romeo signed DeLonghi, DENIM and Coopbox for a total sponsorship income of £20,500,000. They have one supplementary slot left.
Canon Tyrrell signed Canon and Tissot for a total sponsorship income of £18,500,000. They have two supplementary slots left.
Marlboro McLaren signed Marlboro, Camozzi Pneumatic and Candy for a total sponsorship income of £18,000,000. They have one supplementary slot left.
Zakspeed signed Milde Sorte, Vivitar, Millfix and Warsteiner for a total sponsorship income of £18,000,000. They have no slots left, and will not take part in the second phase of sponsor signing.
Osella Squadra Corse Alfa signed Carvico, Emporio Armani and SAIMA for a total sponsorship income of £17,500,000. They have no slots left, and will not take part in the second phase of sponsor signing.
Ligier signed Loto, Melinex, FACOM and Augros for a total sponsorship income of £16,250,000. They have no slots left, and will not take part in the second phase of sponsor signing.
Lola signed Rizla+, Powerbuilt, Penthouse and Culligan for a total sponsorship income of £16,000,000. They have no slots left, and will not take part in the second phase of sponsor signing.
Beatrice Arrows signed Beatrice and Courtaulds for a total sponsorship income of £14,000,000. They have two supplementary slots left.
Spirit signed Koni, FUJI TV, Cobra and USA for Africa for a total sponsorship income of £12,000,000. They have no slots left, and will not take part in the second phase of sponsor signing.
Barclay Toleman signed Barclay for a total sponsorship income of £11,000,000. They have three supplementary slots left.
Minardi signed CISA and Micromax for a total sponsorship income of £10,000,000. They have two supplementary slots left.
Ferrari signed Longines for a total sponsorship income of £7,000,000. They have two supplementary slots left, subsequently reduced to one.
RAM signed Nikon for a total sponsorship income of £6,500,000. They have three supplementary slots left.
BMW signed no sponsors. They have three supplementary slots left.
Williams signed no sponsors. They have their team slot left to fill, in addition to three supplementary slots left.

Spirit will, once again, be our camera car for the season. As the weight and aerodynamic inefficiency of the camera decreases, we hope to see more than one camera car in 1986. Philippe Streiff, who drove the Spirit camera car last season, is extremely revered over there, as a result; Streiff appeared on the FUJI TV game show 'Quiz Earth Bowl!', was a - rather perplexed - member of the guest panel discussing the Monster with 21 Faces on the show 'All Night Fuji', and has made at least three appearances on NHK-FM's English language programming. The following degradations have been applied to the team's '101D' chassis design:

Code: Select all

Drag increase of 3% (Drag = 97% > Drag = 100%) 
Weight increase of 4kg (Weight = 604kg > Weight = 608kg)

I have to say, I'm very impressed with the performance of some of the teams further down the grid. Ligier, Osella Squadra Corse Alfa, Spirit, Zakspeed and Lola all have full-houses, despite it being the debut season of the latter two teams. Very impressive. It seems like people have really learnt a lot from 1984. Ferrari seemed to get the prickly-end of the stick from the sponsorship market, for some reason, while BMW and Williams - in particular - are in a difficult position, now. I hope those of you with vacant sponsorship space are looking forward to the second phase of sponsor-signing, later on :twisted:.

Your budgets have been adjusted in the first post of the thread, to reflect your sponsorship incomes, and for some – your new team names!
Last edited by BioBiro on 06 May 2017, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

Didn't expect us to snatch that Warsteiner money from BMW but in the end we got basically everyone we wanted :shock:

Can't go wrong with beer and tobacco money!
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

With some actual money to pay for engines, tires and fuel this time, this season is looking pretty good for Beatrice Arrows, even if we do have a slightly silly name.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

By the way, with so much sponsor money gained, is there any chance for Zakspeed to run two cars this season?
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

CarloSpace wrote:By the way, with so much sponsor money gained, is there any chance for Zakspeed to run two cars this season?
You can expand to two cars after the first race of the season, as there are two D&T opportunities afterwards. Unfortunately, you can't do it earlier than that, as I entered the team with only one car, as per real-life ;).
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

Engine Configuration
"'Engine Configuration'? What's this?" you're probably all wondering. Allowing manufacturer-backed teams to choose their preferred engine configuration is a new feature I’d like to introduce for 1985.

Last season, manufacturer teams (plus Alfa Romeo) were effectively forced to accept a pre-conceived engine deal from their parent company, while independent teams were allowed to browse and choose from a palette of engine units and deals. I felt this took some of the fun away from manufacturer teams.

This season, teams - with engine deals they are automatically expected to sign – must select the engine configuration they wish to use, from a selection of engine designs which are ready for manufacture. Some of these designs may be evolutions of last season’s engine, while others may be far-out prototype ideas. You’ll notice that manufacturers with larger financial ‘clout’ are typically able to perform better R&D on more engine configurations, while cash-strapped companies may only be able to offer a couple of designs to choose from. A short description has been written to accompany each engine configuration listed.

This decision has consequences beyond just your team; the engine design you choose to use for the year is also the engine that supplier will supply in any other deals they offer to other teams.

For example, last season, Renault offered their V6 'EF4' engine on a works, semi-works and customer basis to teams, with the official Renault team expected to use the works engine. If Renault were to have offered a choice between a V6 and V8 last season to the Renault team, and the Renault team picked the V8 engine instead, then all Renault 'EF4' engine deals would offer the V8 and not the V6. Works teams now have the power to make that decision! Everyone else should be scared!

As such - where relevant - the semi-works and customer deal costs of each engine configuration are shown. An engine configuration that suits your car may not suit the rest of the field; likewise, an engine configuration you can afford may be just a bit too expensive for certain other teams to buy on a semi-works or customer basis. Choose wisely!

To select the engine your parent manufacturer will make available for the season, simply state its name, like so:

ScrappySport will choose the engine design:
BuzzBox045

I'd like the managers of each of the four teams below, to choose the engine, from the selection offered by their parent manufacturer, that will be supplied to them (and in some cases, others). For each manufacturer listed below, their offered engine configurations are ordered by number of cylinders:

Ferrari
Tipo 031/2
1.5L V6 Turbocharged, 900HP, 162kg, 50% Reliability, Price-points: £4,890,000 (Works only)
Synopsis: The initial version of Ferrari’s ‘031’ V6 powered the team to one win and fourth-place in the Constructor’s Championship, last season. This revised unit has received a large power increase over the winter, plus a minimal failure-rate increase and weight gain.

1.5L V8 Turbocharged, 977HP, 170kg, 40% Reliability, Price-points: £6,190,000 (Works only)
Synopsis: The overweight and failure-prone ‘880’ is an R&D effort to determine whether Alfa Romeo’s choice of using an eight-cylinder engine for turbocharging has any merit. The project in general will require more investment at the factory, if it wishes to prove attractive.

015T
1.5L F12 Turbocharged, 1,474HP, 224kg, 45% Reliability, Price-points: £3,690,000 (Works only)
Synopsis: Ferrari’s fondness for larger engine designs remains in the form of their experimental ‘015T’ - a turbocharged version of their reliable, legacy flat-twelve ‘015’ engine, last used in the 1980 car. While extremely heavy, the massive horsepower advantage of this design – far more powerful than the BMW, even - could make the engine worth all the development and testing required to ‘stabilise’ it for the long-term. The engine is surprisingly affordable, as the team already have a large inventory of old '015' stock; purchasing and retro-fitting the forced-induction equipment is the only major cost.

BMW
M37
1.5L Inline/Straight 3 Turbocharged, 740HP, 151kg, 50% Reliability, Price-points: £3,000,000 (Works), £2,800,000 (Semi-Works), £350,000 (Customer)
Synopsis: The unusually heavy weight of BMW’s traditional M10-based engine inspired the prototyping of an I3 unit. BMW subsidize much of the cost of this engine - especially for customer teams - as they intend to use a turbocharged I3 in their road cars eventually, and development and testing by F1 teams at this early stage would be welcome. This engine still produces respectable horsepower compared to rival straight-four units.

M12/13
1.5L Inline/Straight 4 Turbocharged, 960HP, 169kg, 50% Reliability, Price-points: £6,450,000 (Works), £4,950,000 (Semi-Works), £3,950,000 (Customer)
Synopsis: BMW’s powerful 'M12/13' turbo unit was released in 1982, and won the championship the year after. This year’s revision of the engine features an additional 95HP along with a small dip in reliability, which some on-track development & testing could soon straighten-out.

M14
1.5L Inline/Straight 4 Turbocharged, 935HP, 153kg, 55% Reliability, Price-points: £8,200,000 (Works), £7,600,000 (Semi-Works), £7,000,000 (Customer)
Synopsis: The ‘M14’ shares the same straight-four design as the 'M12/13', but is made using lighter – and more expensive – materials. 16kg have been shaved as a result, and the block is marginally stronger, resulting in slightly improved reliability, although the engine has not been fully tuned due to time constraints.

Alfa Romeo
415T
1.5L Inline/Straight 4 Turbocharged, 769HP, 136kg, 35% Reliability, Price-points: £6,950,000 (Works), £4,850,000 (Semi-Works), £3,650,000 (Customer)
Synopsis: Concerned at the success of other supplier’s four-cylinder engines, Alfa have prototyped their own straight-4 design. Far lighter than their V8, the '415T' prototype already has heavy compression and turbo bar boost applied, and suffers from poor reliability as a result. The engine is little cheaper than the '890T', as it shares mostly the same parts, save for the smaller-displacement block.

890T
1.5L V8 Turbocharged, 780HP, 155kg, 55% Reliability, Price-points: £7,200,000 (Works), £5,100,000 (Semi-Works), £3,900,000 (Customer)
Synopsis: Although Alfa’s works engine has seen another price increase, that an eight-cylinder turbocharged engine can still be this light is nothing short of remarkable; this year’s '890T' features 70HP extra, and has suffered no reliability loss in the process.

Zakspeed
1500/4
1.5L Inline/Straight 4 Turbocharged, 820HP, 136kg, 40% Reliability, Price-points: £5,250,000 (Works only)
Synopsis: Zakspeed have over fifteen years of expertise in tuning engines, so it’s no surprise they’ve extracted more than 800HP from the ‘1500/4’. Their first attempt at manufacturing an F1-level engine, this – rather vanilla – four-cylinder design is simple and straightforward.

3000/8
3L V8 Naturally Aspirated, 498HP, 166kg, 80% Reliability, Price-points: £2,100,000 (Works only)
Synopsis: Built as a back-up plan should their turbocharged straight-four prove too cumbersome, this traditional V8 still boasts nearly 500HP, but it’s lack of development means the unit is somewhat overweight and deprived of reliability, compared to other naturally-aspirated engines.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Why were Ferrari not included in the Emporio Armani and Micromax RNGs?

DemocalypseNow wrote:Ferrari will attempt to sign the following sponsors;
DENIM
Candy
Longines
Micromax
Emporio Armani

Carvico
SAIMA

When two sponsors from this list are successfully signed, Ferrari will stop and wait for Phase 2 of signing for a third sponsor.

As for engine configuration, Ferrari will chose the Tipo 031/2 design.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

DemocalypseNow wrote:Why were Ferrari not included in the Emporio Armani and Micromax RNGs?
My fault. I noted down your 'stop after two sponsors' thing on my spreadsheet, and somehow I squished it over the cells containing those two sponsor bids, therefore completely missing them.

Do you like how I say it's my fault, but then I kind of blame you for it? :twisted:

Seriously, though, this series is too complicated for me to run...

Conflict Resolution (Armani-Micromaxgate)
The Ferrari team will be compensated by being refunded a percentage, equal to their chance of signing deals with Emporio Armani and Micromax:

Emporio Armani:
Ferrari - 52% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Ferrari will be refunded £3,120,000 (52% of £6,000,000)

Micromax:
Ferrari - 50% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Ferrari will be refunded £3,250,000 (50% of £6,500,000)

The compensation will be paid from Emporio Armani and Micromax's sports-marketing budget for 1986, meaning they will provide a significantly reduced sponsorship quantity, next season.

Although these two sponsors are not sponsoring you officially, they will take up a combination of one of your supplementary sponsor slots, leaving you only one slot free for later, rather than two.

The FIA would like to apologise for this mix-up.
Last edited by BioBiro on 06 May 2017, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

BioBiro wrote:
DemocalypseNow wrote:Why were Ferrari not included in the Emporio Armani and Micromax RNGs?

My fault. I noted down your 'stop after two sponsors' thing on my spreadsheet, and somehow I squished it over the cells containing those two sponsor bids, therefore completely missing them.

Do you like how I say it's my fault, but then I kind of blame you for it? :twisted:

Seriously, though, this series is too complicated for me to run...

Conflict Resolution (Armani-Micromaxgate)
The Ferrari team will be compensated by being refunded a percentage, equal to their chance of signing deals with Emporio Armani and Micromax:

Emporio Armani:
Ferrari - 52% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Ferrari will be refunded £3,120,000 (52% of £6,000,000)

Micromax:
Ferrari - 50% chance (Same nationality bonus)
Ferrari will be refunded £3,250,000 (50% of £6,500,000)

The compensation will be paid from Emporio Armani and Micromax's sports-marketing budget for 1986, meaning they will provide a significantly reduced sponsorship quantity, next season.

The FIA would like to apologise for this mix-up.

Clarifying further, what situation does this leave me in vis-a-vis sponsorship slots? Are my two remaining slots still free to utilise in the second phase of sponsor signing?

Image Image
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

DemocalypseNow wrote:Clarifying further, what situation does this leave me in vis-a-vis sponsorship slots? Are my two remaining slots still free to utilise in the second phase of sponsor signing?
Excellent question. I sneaky-sneaked it in just after I posted the initial compensation post! ;)

BioBiro wrote:Although these two sponsors are not sponsoring you officially, they will take up a combination of one of your supplementary sponsor slots, leaving you only one slot free for later, rather than two.
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

Zakspeed goes turbo with the 1500/4 design.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Alfa Romeo choose the 890T engine
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

BMW will go all in with the M14 engine to try and fix some of our longstanding weight problems
Alexander Wurz is timeless and endless and eternal.
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

DemocalypseNow wrote:As for engine configuration, Ferrari will chose the Tipo 031/2 design.

That's a shame; I was really hoping you'd go for the 015T
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Aislabie wrote:
DemocalypseNow wrote:As for engine configuration, Ferrari will chose the Tipo 031/2 design.

That's a shame; I was really hoping you'd go for the 015T

I thought about it. It was very tempting given the insane HP figures. But this season I have a fantastic chassis, and I don't know if I'll get that a whole lot going forward, so need to take advantage of it now! That means picking the sensible, stable engine. If my chassis had turned out to be a shitbox, then yes, the 015T would have been on the table...

Image Image
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

Aislabie wrote:That's a shame; I was really hoping you'd go for the 015T
I must confess, I feel the same way, a little bit - although they would have been very OP with 1500HP+, considering how great their chassis is, already!

Had Ferrari picked the turbo flat-twelve, I was going to start a whole spate of manufacturers bringing back their older naturally-aspirated engines and turbocharging the hell out of them - i.e. turbo version of Alfa's 1260 V12, turbo version of Cosworth V8 DFV & DFY, etc. and let things get really out of control, until someone probably gets hurt...

I know 'Engine Configuration' hasn't been a rip-roaring success in its introduction, but I'm going to give it another try next season, and there'll still be plenty of interesting engines to pick from! :)
BioBiro
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BioBiro »

Engine Signing - Set One (Of Two)
Eleven-and-a-half thousand RPM in every gear! Time to begin thinking about what engines we all want!

Since there are two phases to signing an engine supplier, nobody is under any requirement to sign an engine, or even make any offers, in this phase.

Engine prices are non-negotiable. To submit your interest in an engine deal, simply state the engine manufacturer, unit/model name, and deal you would prefer, like this:

Team Yellow Hat Racing would like to sign one of the below engine suppliers, in order of preference:
BMW M14 - Semi-Works
Hart 415T - Customer
Alfa Romeo 890T - Customer

Deal prices are for a two-car entry. Larger, or smaller, team sizes are accounted-for at 25% of the engine supply cost, per car. For example, teams running a single-car entry will receive a 25% discount on the deal cost; three-car teams will be charged 25% extra for the supply to their additional car.

Engine suppliers who have manufacturer-backed teams competing in the sport (Ferrari, BMW, Alfa Romeo, Osella Squadra Corse Alfa and Zakspeed) have 'first call' on the works/semi-works engines from their manufacturers. Others may sign those works engines only in the event that the engine's manufacturer-backed team chooses to sign a different engine (e.g. should Ferrari sign an engine deal other than the works Ferrari engine, then that works Ferrari engine becomes available to others).

Ferrari, BMW, Alfa Romeo, Osella Squadra Corse Alfa and Zakspeed - your parent manufacturers have works/semi-works engine deals they expect you to accept, which utilize the engine design you have chosen, earlier. It is automatically assumed, now, that you wish to use your manufacturer-supplied works/semi-works engine, hence I have grayed those options out. It is not necessary for any of you five teams to state your intent to use your manufacturer-supplied works/semi-works engine in this thread; I will sign you to those deals if I hear nothing further from you. Nonetheless, any of you five teams may part-ways with your parent company and declare that you wish to 'go-it-alone', but as last year, a reminder:

BioBiro in the pub (which is now under new ownership) a year ago wrote:I'd like to make it clear to those that have chosen to manage manufacturer-backed teams with matching works engines (Ferrari, BMW, Alfa Romeo, Osella Squadra Corse Alfa and Zakspeed) that I will not 'bound' you to those engines. However, for those managers, failing to choose the matching works engine deal for your team will result in your manufacturer stripping you of the budget they provide you with each season (where applicable), the loss of the manufacturer's name as your team name, the possible cessation of the works engine development program, as well as other possible (likely political) ramifications down the line.

For everyone else, list as many engines as you like, bearing in mind there is a second batch of engine suppliers coming a little later! Be aware that, unlike sponsors, any unsigned engine deals from this phase will be available in the second phase of engine signing.

What do these deal types mean?

Works engine deals…
  • Do allow you to dictate the direction of the engine's development.
  • Engine development & testing is available to you.
  • You will receive upgrades throughout the season.

Semi-works engine deals…
  • Do not allow you to dictate the direction of the engine's development.
  • Engine development & testing is available to you.
  • You will receive upgrades throughout the season, at approximately half the rate the works team receives them.

Customer engine deals…
  • Do not allow you to dictate the direction of the engine's development.
  • Engine development & testing is not available to you.
  • You will not receive upgrades throughout the season.

When I receive a wishlist, or a statement that you do not wish to sign an engine in this phase of engine signing, from every team, I shall post the results.

Here~, we go!

Ferrari Tipo 031/2
Nationality: Italian
1.5L V6 Turbocharged
900HP, 162kg, 50% Reliability
Deals offered:
Works – £4,890,000 - Note: This is the Ferrari team's manufacturer-supplied engine arrangement, which they are expected to accept.

BMW M14
Nationality: German
1.5L Inline/Straight 4 Turbocharged
935HP, 153kg, 55% Reliability
Deals offered:
Works - £8,200,000 – Preference (for BMW): would like at least one German driver. Requirement (for everyone except BMW): must have at least one German driver. Note: This is the BMW team's manufacturer-supplied engine arrangement, which they are expected to accept.
Semi-Works – £7,600,000 – Requirement: must have at least one German driver.
Customer – £7,000,000

Hart 'Hart Attack' 415T
Nationality: British
646HP, 138kg, 50% Reliability
Deals offered:
Customer – £2,950,000
Customer – £2,200,000 - Requirement: must be a British team.
Customer – £2,200,000 - Requirement: must be a British team.

Alfa Romeo 890T
Nationality: Italian
1.5L V8 Turbocharged
780HP, 155kg, 55% Reliability
Deals offered:
Works – £7,200,000 - Preference (for Alfa Romeo): would like at least one Italian driver. Requirement (for everyone except Alfa Romeo): must have at least one Italian driver. Note: This is the Alfa Romeo team's manufacturer-supplied engine arrangement, which they are expected to accept.
Semi-Works – £5,100,000 - Preference (for Osella Squadra Corse Alfa): would like at least one Italian driver. Requirement (for everyone except Osella Squadra Corse Alfa): must have at least one Italian driver. Note: This is the Osella Squadra Corse Alfa team's manufacturer-supplied engine arrangement, which they are expected to accept.
Customer – £3,900,000 - Requirement: must have at least one Italian driver.
Customer – £3,900,000 - Requirement: must have at least one Italian driver.

Ford Cosworth DFY
Nationality: British
3L V8 Naturally Aspirated
520HP, 139kg, 95% Reliability
Deals offered:
Works – £4,200,000

Zakspeed 1500/4
Nationality: German
820HP, 136kg, 40% Reliability
Deals offered:
Works – £5,250,000 - Preference (for Zakspeed): would like at least one German driver. Requirement (for everyone except Zakspeed): must have at least one German driver. Note: This is the Zakspeed team's manufacturer-supplied engine arrangement, which they are expected to accept.
Last edited by BioBiro on 14 May 2017, 19:10, edited 2 times in total.
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

Arrows will wait for the second stage of engine signing.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
andrew

Post by andrew »

Ram will go for the Hart engine (2.2 mill) otherwise we wait for the second stage,
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Lola will go for the customer version of the BMW M14. If that doesn't pan out, we will wait for the second stage.
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
Aislabie

Post by Aislabie »

Minardi engine bids

Should Scuderia Ferrari be willing, Minardi would be willing to act as a guinea pig for their pioneering new 015T design so that they can gather important data as to whether it is viable for future seasons.

If this is not possible, we will submit a bid for a customer Alfa Romeo deal please.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Alfa Romeo will take the works deal
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

Naturally, Osella will take the 890T Semi-Works deal.
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Team Williamswould like to sign one of the below engine suppliers, in order of preference:
BMW M14 - Semi-Works
BMW M14 - Customer
Take our chance on the next round

We are going for broke and hope our competitive car and driver continuity will entice a good engine and sponsors
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Aislabie wrote:Minardi engine bids

Should Scuderia Ferrari be willing, Minardi would be willing to act as a guinea pig for their pioneering new 015T design so that they can gather important data as to whether it is viable for future seasons.

Scuderia Ferrari is willing to evaluate this offer, and will conduct a cost-benefit analysis of the project whilst simultaneously running the factory engine.

"Random" event time, BioBiro? :glasses:

Image Image
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

I will join the waiting list if possible.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated