Alt NASCAR 2004 - Subway 400 Results Up!

Archive for the three above subforums
Salamander

Alt NASCAR 2004 - Subway 400 Results Up!

Post by Salamander »

So it's about time for a real change of pace in these parts, as NASCAR joins the ranks of alt-universe championships. The mechanics are mostly similar to the original NASCAR 2004 series Samster attempted to start about 3 years ago - new car regulations, Racing Entitlement Contracts (RECs), bids for works support, and more! The big diversion from that series is the axing of the sponsorship system. I'll elaborate more on each system in it's own section, in the post below.

Presently, all you need to do is pick a team, purchase any RECs you wish, and also bid for works support. You can find the list of available teams in this spreadsheet

So without further ado... awaaaaay we gooooo!

Teams
Team assets and budgets will be printed on the spreadsheet - this list will only contain the user managing this team.

Hendrick Motorsports
Manager: thor97

Roush Racing
Manager: andrew

Joe Gibbs Racing
Manager: peteroli34

Richard Childress Racing
Manager: Wizzie

Penske Racing
Manager: Salamander

Dale Earnhardt, Inc.
Manager: RedEyes504

Evernham Motorsports
Manager: V8fan12

Chip Ganassi Racing
Manager: pasta_maldonado

Robert Yates Racing
Manager: Samster

Petty Enterprises
Manager: CarloSpace

Bill Davis Racing
Manager: Biscione

MB2 Motorsports
Manager: East Londoner

Haas CNC Racing
Manager: Ataxia

Wood Brothers Racing
Manager: SeedStriker

PPI Motorsports
Manager: This Could Be You

Jasper Motorsports
Manager: pasta_maldonado

BAM Racing
Manager: Wizzie

Phoenix Racing
Manager: Biscione

Morgan-McClure Motorsports
Manager: Reject_Dom

Ultra Motorsports
Manager: peteroli34

BelCar Motorsports
Manager: This Could Be You

BACE Motorsports
Manager:

AJ Foyt Racing
Manager: Gonzalez

Kirk Shelmerdine Racing
Manager: CarloSpace

Front Row Motorsports
Manager: Miguel98

Shepherd Racing Ventures
Manager: RedEyes504

SCORE Motorsports
Manager: Normal32

Andy Petree Racing
Manager: Reject_Dom

Da Rules

REC Costs
Each team starts with at least one Racing Entitlement Contract, with which they are entitled to an entry at every race. A team may decide to purchase a new REC, which can be a full-time entry, or a part-time entry at a maximum of 12 races. A new full-time REC will cost $1 million, with a part-time REC costing $300,000.

Any team which entered in 2003 is permitted to carry over that number REC for 2004, and will not have to pay for them. The maximum permitted RECs is five, with only one allowed to be a part-time entry.

Works Contracts
A works contract entitles a team to a cash bonus from that team, with which the team is expected to construct their own car. Each works contract will be up for review at the end of each year, but don't worry - if you do as reasonable a job as can be expected, you can be reasonably confident you'll retain it.

Chevrolet
Works 1: Hendrick Motorsports
Works 2:
Works 3:
Semi-Works 1:
Semi-Works 2:
Semi-Works 3:

Ford
Works 1: Roush Racing
Works 2:
Semi-Works 1:
Semi-Works 2:

Dodge
Works 1: Evernham Motorsports
Works 2:
Semi-Works 1:
Semi-Works 2:

Other Information
I'll start off by saying I'm not gonna let people go nuts with how they run teams - you are not going to sign Jimmie Johnson to drive for Morgan-McClure, Morgan Shepherd's team will not get works status with any manufacturer. I mean, you could try, but it ain't gonna work. That said, I'm not a no-fun Nancy - if you want something out of the ordinary to happen, go ahead and lobby for it. Schedule changes, new manufacturers, points system changes, new teams, you name it, if it's within reason I'll consider it.

Assuming we get far enough along with this series, I'll look at things like Toyota joining in 2007 (if they don't join before then), Tony Stewart looking to get into the team ownership business, Kurt Busch having complete meltdowns, etc. I want this to be a flexible series - just not ridiculous. :P

You also may notice certain drivers and teams already have certain arrangements already tied up - Gordon is locked in at Hendrick, Evernham already has one of the works Dodge contracts, etc. Again, this is part of keeping things within reason. With the exception of Gordon's lifetime contract with the Hendrick #24, these aren't permanent - driver contracts will run out in a year or two, and works contracts are up for review at the end of each year.

More sections will be added as I run through the pre-season and work through each rule mechanic.
Last edited by Salamander on 05 Jun 2017, 22:15, edited 29 times in total.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
TomWazzleshaw

Re: Alt NASCAR 2004 - Signups open!

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

I will claim Childress Racing
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I will claim Penske Racing, and we will purchase a new REC for the #00, and will bid for the 2nd Works Dodge slot.
Everything's great.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

I'd like to take Chip Ganassi Racing.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I'd like to take Haas CNC Racing.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I'll go for Bill Davis Racing, and bid for one of the Chevrolet Works slots.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

Petty Enterprises for me.
andrew

Post by andrew »

I'll go with roush racing and bid for a works ford.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

andrew wrote:I'll go with roush racing and bid for a works ford.

Roush Racing already has a works Ford contract.
Everything's great.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Salamander wrote:
andrew wrote:I'll go with roush racing and bid for a works ford.

Roush Racing already has a works Ford contract.

Ah I see, thank you for the clarification,
Samster

Post by Samster »

You running this on NR2003? Hope your laptop doesn't kill this off like mine did for my attempt. Still sore about that one. :facepalm:

I will go with Robert Yates and naturally will bid for the 2nd Ford works contract. We will also bring back the #28 as a third car.
thor97

Post by thor97 »

Hendrick Motorsports for me please
Fernando Alonso wrote:The Engine Feels good
Much Slower than Before
Amazing
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Samster wrote:You running this on NR2003? Hope your laptop doesn't kill this off like mine did for my attempt. Still sore about that one. :facepalm:

I will go with Robert Yates and naturally will bid for the 2nd Ford works contract. We will also bring back the #28 as a third car.

I've been running NR2003 on my PC for years with little bother, it should be fine. I hope.
Everything's great.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Ill take Joe Gibbs Racing we will bid for works Chevrolet works status we also acquire one full time REC #11 and one part time REC #80
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Chip Ganassi Racing will bid to become a semi-works partner with Ford for one season, and also purchase a part-time REC (#13) for 12 races.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

I'll take Wood Brothers Racing
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

CarloSpace wrote:Petty Enterprises for me.

We'd like to bid for Dodge Semi-Works engines.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Bill Davis Racing will purchase a Part-time REC (#27).

Image Image
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

I'll go for Earnhardt Inc.
Alexander Wurz is timeless and endless and eternal.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

I'll take Evernham Motorsports
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

BelCar for me please.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Childress will bid for a works Chevy contract (or failing that, semi-works Chevy contract).

Childress will also purchase a part-time REC, running the #90
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

SCORE for me.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

Earnhardt will bid for works Dodges
This Could Be You

I'm a bit surprised there a no pay drivers available, as with my current budget it is impossible to employ one driver and pay for a pit crew and engines without going pretty much bankrupt immediately ($500k + $250k + $100k + $100k= $950k, and we'd be dead last with that setup).

If we had the ability to bring money in, we might be able to do something, and you can't seriously suggest that Hideo Fukuyama isn't going to being paying us, surely?
Your Signature Here

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Are engine and pit crew figures per REC? So, if I run 3 cars, I need to pay for 3 pitcrews, and the engine figure is per unit rather than per team contract?

Also, in hindsight, with how much chassis, engines, etc cost, I'd like to sell my part-time #27 REC back.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

DemocalypseNow wrote:Are engine and pit crew figures per REC? So, if I run 3 cars, I need to pay for 3 pitcrews, and the engine figure is per unit rather than per team contract?

Also, in hindsight, with how much chassis, engines, etc cost, I'd like to sell my part-time #27 REC back.

That's a fair point - to make things clear, for part-time teams, all costs will be 30% of the listed price for full-time teams. Otherwise, there's not much point in running one over another full-time car.
Everything's great.
Samster

Post by Samster »

This Could Be You wrote:I'm a bit surprised there a no pay drivers available, as with my current budget it is impossible to employ one driver and pay for a pit crew and engines without going pretty much bankrupt immediately ($500k + $250k + $100k + $100k= $950k, and we'd be dead last with that setup).

If we had the ability to bring money in, we might be able to do something, and you can't seriously suggest that Hideo Fukuyama isn't going to being paying us, surely?

I don't see anything that says there aren't any pay drivers, just that sponsors aren't a factor in this series. Assuming driver bidding and RNGs are in this then presumably we can get certain drivers to find some money?

Is there prize money for each race? If similar to real NASCAR then you'll be able to make your money back fairly easy as long as you qualify for races.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

I want to take over Front Row Motorsports. We'll go with two part-time REC, and considering our status, we can't go for works anything!
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

This Could Be You wrote:I'm a bit surprised there a no pay drivers available, as with my current budget it is impossible to employ one driver and pay for a pit crew and engines without going pretty much bankrupt immediately ($500k + $250k + $100k + $100k= $950k, and we'd be dead last with that setup).

The driver list there isn't exhaustive - I don't have time to research literally every possible driver I'd allow in the series. I haven't considered pay drivers, but I suppose I could allow some.

I'll put in a system for mid-season payouts, probably every 6 or 9 races. There will also be the option of buying customer equipment, so you don't have to fork out for design costs. I'll explain more about that when we get around to designing and building cars.

But honestly - if you want long-term viability and the possibility to progress up the field, why did you pick BelCar when there were (and still are) better teams up the grid? They died after 2003 in real life. The reason they're there is because NASCAR has always had no-hopers at the back of the grid. Very occasionally one can climb up the ranks and eke out a sustainable existence, such as Front Row or Furniture Row, but the vast majority get stuck there and fade out.
Everything's great.
This Could Be You

Salamander wrote:But honestly - if you want long-term viability and the possibility to progress up the field, why did you pick BelCar when there were (and still are) better teams up the grid? They died after 2003 in real life. The reason they're there is because NASCAR has always had no-hopers at the back of the grid.

Sorry to be a bit of a nuisance then, but I might switch to running PPI Motorsports then (if possible), as they have a more promising budget; I had not looked at BelCar's budget when I chose it (essentially at random), and didn't realise it would be quite so hopelessly unviable when combined with the chassis rules (silly of me, I know, considering their past form :oops:)
Your Signature Here

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Please, please, please, for the love of all that is holy tell me there will be no chase.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Looking at the spreadsheet it looks as though I already have Mark Martin driving for me, when driver bids come around do I still have to bid for him? And the same question goes for Matt Kenseth,
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

This Could Be You wrote:
Salamander wrote:But honestly - if you want long-term viability and the possibility to progress up the field, why did you pick BelCar when there were (and still are) better teams up the grid? They died after 2003 in real life. The reason they're there is because NASCAR has always had no-hopers at the back of the grid.

Sorry to be a bit of a nuisance then, but I might switch to running PPI Motorsports then (if possible), as they have a more promising budget; I had not looked at BelCar's budget when I chose it (essentially at random), and didn't realise it would be quite so hopelessly unviable when combined with the chassis rules (silly of me, I know, considering their past form :oops:)

No problem man - it's as much my fault for not communicating that. You now control PPI (not the insurance).

pasta_maldonado wrote:Please, please, please, for the love of all that is holy tell me there will be no chase.

There will probably be a Chase years from now, if we get that far. There might even be two, in fact, if somebody for some reason thinks hiring Chase Montgomery is a good idea. :P

But the championship system? Nope.

andrew wrote:Looking at the spreadsheet it looks as though I already have Mark Martin driving for me, when driver bids come around do I still have to bid for him? And the same question goes for Matt Kenseth,

No, you'll automatically get them for the listed price.
Everything's great.
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

I will pick AJ Foyt Racing.
This Could Be You

PPI would like to bid for a Semi-Works Dodge contract for 2004.
Your Signature Here

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Seeing sign-ups seem to be slowing down, I will allow users to take on a second team - with the caveat that those who already control multiple RECs can only take one of the single-car entries.

I'd like to run the works contract RNGs this weekend. Here's who I currently have down for the open works positions:

Chevrolet Works (2 open slots)
Richard Childress Racing
Joe Gibbs Racing
BIll Davis Racing

Chevrolet Semi-Works (2 open slots)
None

Ford Works (1 open slot)
Robert Yates Racing

Ford Semi-Works (1 open slot)
Chip Ganassi Racing

Dodge Works (1 open slot)
Penske Racing

Dodge Semi-Works (1 open slot)
Petty Enterprises
PPI Motorsports

Please have your works bid (if you wish to bid for works status) submitted by 23.00 BST, Saturday 1 April.
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Bill Davis Racing will switch their request from Works to only Semi-Works Chevrolet support. I will also take on Phoenix Racing.

Image Image
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Woods Brothers Racing ask for a Ford semi-works contract
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

Earnhardt will bid for works Dodges