Alt NASCAR 2004 - Subway 400 Results Up!

Archive for the three above subforums
takagi_for_the_win

Re: Alt NASCAR 2004 - Signups open!

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Righty, I'll take control of MB2, and stick in a semi-works bid for Chevrolet.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Phoenix Racing will also bid for semi-works Chevy status.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

I shall take Ultra Motorsports as a second entry.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

I'd like to run Jasper Motorsports as a second entry.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
This Could Be You

Post by This Could Be You »

Just for the irony, I'll take BelCar back as a second team.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

As a shoutout to the last NASCAR series that was run here, I'll take BAM Racing as a second entry
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

I'll take Shepherd Racing Ventures as my second
Alexander Wurz is timeless and endless and eternal.
CarloSpace
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CarloSpace »

I'll take Kirk Shelmerdine Racing as second entry.
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

I'll take Morgan-McClure and Andy Petree Racing
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
andrew

Post by andrew »

I will not manage a second team.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Works Support
Chevrolet
Richard Childress Racing and Joe Gibbs Racing were the only applicants for works status - with two open spots, and both teams being quite successful, it's an easy slam dunk for both teams.

MB2, after a long association with Pontiac and Chevy's flagship team, Hendrick Motorsports, are quite well-favoured by General Motors and easily get one of the 3 Semi-Works contracts. Bill Davis Racing's reputation, however, has taken a hit in the past few years, but with DEI suddenly taking an interest in Dodge, maybe this is a chance to put one over the guys at Chrysler. Phoenix Racing has run a few odd races here and there in the past few years and is looking at expanding their operations... that said, there are better candidates still out there, and GM may simply wish to hold on to it's money rather than waste it on a backmarker.

1-60 Bill Davis Racing
61-70 Phoenix Racing
71-100 Wait to see if someone else comes knocking
16!

Bill Davis get a semi-works contract.

With one contract remaining, do GM decide to toss it at James Finch's mob?

1-25 Phoenix Racing
26-100 Wait to see if someone else comes knocking
82!

It's a fairly short debate, Murray. Chevrolet still have one semi-works contract available if someone piques their interest sufficiently...

Ford
The only team expressing interest in Ford's available works spot was longtime Ford customers Robert Yates Racing - a prestigious team with a long line of success. Ford is all too happy to continue working with RYR.

Similarly, the semi-works contracts for Ford see only two bids - one from Chip Ganassi Racing, a solid midfielder team, and another longtime Ford champion, the Wood Brothers' team. Ford has no problem issuing either of these teams semi-works support.

Dodge
Dodge is the only manufacturer with more teams going for full works contracts than they have open spaces. One team is the legendary Penske Racing, who delivered 8 wins for the marque in 2003. The other, Dale Earnhardt, Inc., looking at a shock departure from Chevrolet, but they do promise some great PR opportunities with their franchise driver, Dale Earnhardt Jr. A difficult decision awaits those in charge at Chrysler.

1-70 Penske Racing
71-100 Dale Earnhardt, Inc.
69!

It was indeed a difficult decision, but in the end, Dodge stick with what they know.

The semi-works contracts received two applications, from Petty Enterprises, and PPI Motorsports. The King's team has long been a supporter of Chrysler and so easily snag one of the contracts. PPI have been left in the dark after Pontiac left at the end of 2003 - with a couple wins under their belt, they could prove a solid results-getter for Dodge in future years. However, Chrysler feels they may still be able to lure DEI in with an offer, so they weigh up sending a revised offer to the team.

1-40 PPI Motorsports
41-80 Dale Earnhardt, Inc.
81-100 Cannot decide at the moment
91!

Dodge is wracked with indecision at the moment - is PPI good enough? Is DEI being legit? Who knows! They're still open to bids at the moment, so don't take this for a lack of interest, but they would love to hear a little more from all interested parties first.

----------

With most of the works contracts sorted, we will move on to sorting out drivers.

Driver Bidding
Simply put, you can bid for any driver you wish. To be successful though, your efforts would be best spent at a driver who wants to be in NASCAR in the first place. A driver list has been included on the spreadsheet with suggested drivers, though this is by no means exhaustive (I suggest having a look at some Busch or Truck drivers if you're stuck for ideas). The only hard rules are that the driver must be at least 18 years of age by the time they take their first start in the season, and that if you are looking to lure someone from another discipline, I will run an RNG first to confirm that they would be willing to listen to your offer.

Finally, you must at least meet the Minimum Bid amount when offering a contract to a driver. This may be overriden in later stages, but not right now. If your team already has a contracted driver (appears on the spreadsheet as something like "Mark Martin confirmed 2004"), you do not need to bid for that driver, you will automatically pay the Min Bid for them. Beyond that, anything goes - that I can think of. :P

For now, simply follow the below form, and offer a drive to as many drivers as you'd like. Please note, if you bid for a driver who drove for your team in this season in real life, and put them in a car they didn't drive, I will correct the number. For example, if Roush bid for Greg Biffle in the 99 car and succeed, I will instead put him in the 16 car.

You can see who drove for what team here. Hopefully that wasn't all too confusing, please let me know if there are any questions.

Team Name:
Car: (What car number you would prefer this driver to drive)
Driver name:
Driver bid ($ million):
Contract length (years):
Other contract information (if applicable):

Simply copy and paste the driver information for additional driver bids. I will post Penske's bids now as an example.

Team Name: Penske Racing
Car: #00
Driver name: Kurt Busch
Driver bid ($ million): $4 million
Contract length (years): 2 years
Other contract information (if applicable): Extra $1 million for finishing in top 5 in points, potential contract extension for 2 years at $6 million per year (to be triggered by race 18 in 2005)

Car: #00
Driver name: Ward Burton
Other contract information (if applicable): Extra $1 million for finishing in top 5 in points, potential contract extension for 2 years at $6 million per year (to be triggered by race 18 in 2005). Will not pursue this bid if we sign Kurt Busch.

Car: #12
Driver name: Ryan Newman
Other contract information (if applicable): Extra $1 million for finishing in top 5 in points, potential contract extension for 2 years at $6 million per year (to be triggered by race 18 in 2005). Will not pursue this bid if we sign Kurt Busch or Ward Burton.

Driver name: Kasey Kahne
Driver bid ($ million): $0.5 million
Contract length (years): 1 year
Other contract information (if applicable): 2 year contract extension at $1.5 million per year for winning Rookie of the Year.

Driver name: Carl Edwards
Other contract information (if applicable): 2 year contract extension at $1.5 million per year for winning Rookie of the Year.

Driver name: Kyle Busch
Other contract information (if applicable): 2 year contract extension at $1 million per year for winning Rookie of the Year.

Driver name: Brendan Gaughan
Other contract information (if applicable): 2 year contract extension at $1 million per year for winning Rookie of the Year.
Last edited by Salamander on 03 Apr 2017, 22:09, edited 2 times in total.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Team Name: SCORE Motorsports
Car: (What car you would prefer this driver to drive): 02
Driver name: Sarah Fisher (USA)
Driver bid ($ million): 300k
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

BAM Racing would like to bid for the sole remaining semi-works Chevy contract, and would like to formally announce a technical partnership with Childress Racing.

Team Name: Richard Childress Racing
Car: #30
Driver name: Jimmie Johnson
Driver bid ($ million): $7 million
Contract length (years): 5 years
Other contract information (if applicable): $1 million for winning the title, $100k for every race win, has option for pay raise to $9 million a year from 2007 onwards (to be triggered by race 26 of the 2006 season)

Driver name: Dale Jarrett
Driver bid ($ million): $6 million
Other contract information (if applicable): $1 million for winning the title, $100k for every race win, has option for one year extension at $7 million a year (to be triggered by race 26 of the 2005 season)

Driver name: Brian Vickers
Driver bid ($ million): $1 million
Other contract information (if applicable): $1 million for winning the title, $100k for every race win, has option for two year extension at $2 million a year (to be triggered by race 26 of the 2005 season)

Car: #31
Driver name: Carl Edwards
Contract length (years): 5 years
Other contract information (if applicable): $1 million for winning the title, $100k for every race win, has option for pay raise to $3 million a year from 2007 onwards (to be triggered by race 26 of the 2006 season)

Driver name: Brian Vickers
Other contract information (if applicable): $1 million for winning the title, $100k for every race win, has option for two year extension at $2 million a year (to be triggered by race 26 of the 2005 season)

Driver name: Robby Gordon
Driver bid ($ million): $2 million
Other contract information (if applicable): $1 million for winning the title, $100k for every race win, will provide technical support for any possible Indianapolis 500 entry

Car: #90
Driver name: Paul Tracy
Other contract information (if applicable): $100k for every race win, will run all four Grand Slam races (Daytona 500, Aarons' 499, Southern 500, World 600), can choose the other races he runs

Car: #90
Driver name: Sam Hornish Jr (Only if P Tiddy doesn't sign)
Other contract information (if applicable): $100k for every race win, will run all four Grand Slam races (Daytona 500, Aarons' 499, Southern 500, World 600), can choose the other races he runs
Last edited by TomWazzleshaw on 03 Apr 2017, 09:04, edited 6 times in total.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
thor97

Post by thor97 »

Team Name:Hendrick Motorsport
Car: 24
Driver name:Jeff Gordan
Driver bid 6.5 Million
Contract length (years):life time
Other contract information (if applicable): 150k every win + 1.5 mil for a championship

Car: 5
Driver name:Terry Lobonte
Driver bid ($ million):3.5 million
Contract length (years):1 year
Other contract information (if applicable): 200k every win

Car: 25
Driver name:Juan Pablo Montoya
Driver bid ($ million): 1 million
Contract length (years):1 Race
Other contract information (if applicable): Daytona 500 only

Car: 48
Driver name:Jimmy Johnson
Driver bid ($ million): 2.5 million
Contract length (years):2 year
Other contract information (if applicable): 150k every win + 1.5 mil for a championship
Fernando Alonso wrote:The Engine Feels good
Much Slower than Before
Amazing
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Team Name:Chip Ganassi Motorsport
Car: 13
Driver name: Gabriele Tarquini
Contract length (years): Part-time
Other contract information (if applicable): Daytona 500, Subway 400, UAW-DaimlerChrysler 400, Food City 500, Aaron's 499 to start with; possible further races to be added.

Car: 40
Driver name:Elliot Sadler
Driver bid ($ million): 3.5 million
Contract length (years):Full season

Car: 41
Driver name:Casey Mears
Driver bid ($ million): 750k

Car: 42
Driver name:Jamie McMurray
Driver bid ($ million): 3 million
Other contract information (if applicable): Top 10 in championship will see $1 million payrise next year

Team Name: Jasper Motorsport
Car: 77
Driver name: Ron Hornaday Jr
Driver bid ($ million): 500k
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Our bids are split the following way: Cope and Wallace are bid for 8 rounds - all speedways or superspeedways, while a remaining 3 rounds on our DEC will go to either Fittipaldi or Boris Said - two road courses and the Brickyard 400.

Team Name: Front Row Motorsports
Car: #34
Driver name: Derrike Cope
Driver bid ($ million): Paydriver
Other contract information (if applicable): Considering it's a part-time gig: Cope will run Daytona 500, Aaron's 499, Coca Cola 600, Pocono 500, Pepsi 400, Pennsylvania 500, EA Sports 500, Ford 400

Driver name: Kenny Wallace
Other contract information (if applicable): Considering it's a part-time gig: Wallace will run Daytona 500, Aaron's 499, Coca Cola 600, Pocono 500, Pepsi 400, Pennsylvania 500, EA Sports 500, Ford 400

Driver name: Christian Fittipaldi
Other contract information (if applicable): Considering it's a part-time gig: Fittipaldi will run Dodge/Save Mart 350, Sirius at the Glen and Brickyard 400

Driver name: Boris Said
Other contract information (if applicable): Considering it's a part-time gig: Fittipaldi will run Dodge/Save Mart 350, Sirius at the Glen and Brickyard 400
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Salamander

Re: Alt NASCAR 2004 - Driver Bids open!

Post by Salamander »

Because I completely forgot about paydrivers, I'm just gonna say certain drivers are going to bring some cash with them if they get signed - their ability to do so and how much they bring will be up to RNG.

I'm also gonna say round up your driver bids to the nearest 100k - just to avoid making accounting a nightmare for me. I'll let you know if this one slips your mind.

Normal32 wrote:Driver name: Sarah Fisher (USA)

Sarah Fisher's IndyCar career appears to have come to an end. With nothing else really on the table, a move to NASCAR could prove fruitful... but SCORE will likely struggle to make the grid. Still, a paycheck's a paycheck, right?

1-60 Is interested in the opportunity, at least for 2003
61-100 No thank you
45!

Sarah Fisher is interested in a deal with SCORE - her IndyCar career ended due to a lack of funds, but SCORE likely won't require quite so much money, can she find some funds?

1-60 Finds some money down the back of the couch
61-100 The couch is empty...
48!

1-50 $100k
51-100 $200k
66!

Fisher can bring $200k to the table. $100k for a part-time drive.

NASCAR is a little uncertain whether or not Fisher can withstand a switch to NASCAR Cup competition, but she is popular and wasn't completely out of her depth in IRL, so they'll give her a waiver for now.

------------------------------------------------

Wizzie wrote:Driver name: Paul Tracy

The Thrill from West Hill is at the height of his powers - the reigning CART champion, and in many people's eyes, the true Indy 500 winner in 2002 - it's taken years of blood, sweat, toil and tears (plus a bunch of wrecked racecars), but Paul Tracy is finally at the pinnacle of the sport. However, CART isn't in the best shape at the moment - with NASCAR gaining in popularity over both CART and IRL, a switch could prove prescient.

Richard Childress is no stranger to the man, having approached him back in 2001 - with PT's life ambitions fulfilled, will he accept this time?

1-20 Sure, why not?
21-40 Wants a guarantee of 7 races or less
41-100 Naw, CART 4 lyfe
9!

Paul Tracy is indeed interested in the part-time offer from Childress.

As the reigning CART champion, Paul Tracy can run whatever the hell damn races he wants. Brian France is on the phone to Childress as we speak begging him to not screw this one up.

thor97 wrote:Driver name:Jeff Gordan
Driver bid 6.5 Million

Driver name:Terry Lobonte
Driver bid ($ million):3.5 million

Jeff Gordon and Terry Labonte already drive for you, you don't need to bid for them.

thor97 wrote:Driver name:Juan Pablo Montoya

Juan Montoya laughs. He was practically Formula 1 World Champion last year, he doesn't have time for this!

thor97 wrote:Driver name:Jimmy Johnson

Okay that was pretty funny, Jimmie Johnson thinks, but seriously, where's the rest of his contract money?

(you need to match the Min Bid value for each driver on the spreadsheet to have a hope of signing them)

pasta_maldonado wrote:Driver name: Gabriele Tarquini

Gabriele Tarquini has had a long and storied history in European motorsport, and as the reigning ETCC champion, stakes a reasonable claim to being the best touring car driver on the continent. An Italian driving for Alfa Romeo, that's about as good as it gets for an Italian, short of Ferrari, of course. But Chip Ganassi calls up one day offering an intriguing proposition - a part-time deal in NASCAR Cup competition. Still, with the ETCC growing by the season, is now the best time to leave, when surely new challenges are on the horizon?

1-30 Tell me more
31-100 Nah.
81!

Tarquini has everything he wants now - maybe in a few years he could be swayed, but for now, the ETCC is where his heart is.

Miguel98 wrote:Driver name: Derrike Cope

One of the great unsolved mysteries of NASCAR is why Derrike Cope is still hanging around. The 1990 Daytona 500 champion hasn't competed in a full season since 1999, but ran most of the schedule last year for his own team. He doesn't have the money to keep that going, but can still bring some cash to a cash-strapped team.

1-10 $300k
11-25 $400k
26-50 $500k
51-75 $600k
76-90 $700k
91-100 $800k
45!

Derrike Cope can bring $500k. $200k for a part-time drive.

Miguel98 wrote:Driver name: Kenny Wallace

Kenny Wallace had a miserable year last year for Bill Davis, but Stacker 2 still believe this is the correct man to promote their brand. Whatever their reasoning, how much are they willing to put on the line to keep him in Cup?

1-10 $500k
11-25 $700k
26-50 $800k
51-75 $900k
76-90 $1 million
91-100 $1.2 million
57!

Kenny Wallace can bring $900k to the table. $300k for a part-time drive.
Everything's great.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Roush Fenway 2004 driver bids

#6 Mark Martin (confirmed)
#17 Matt Kenseth (confirmed)

Greg Biffle (1.4 million)
Contract length 3 years

Kurt Bush (3.5 million)
Contract length : 2 years

Jimmie Johnson (5.1 million)
Contract length 2 years

Carl Edwards (1million)
Contract length 2 years
Extra info: minimum 50% pay rise for winning rookie of the year along with a contract for an extra 2 years)
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Team Name: Haas CNC Racing
Car: 0
Driver bid ($ million): $0.8m
Contract length (years): 2
Other contract information (if applicable): A free bichon frise named Fluffles

if the offer of a free puppy fails...

Driver name: Mike Bliss
Other contract information (if applicable): The chance to host a gameshow on public-access TV called "Hit or Bliss"

Driver name: Christian Fittipaldi
Other contract information (if applicable): A bottle of cachaça and coupons for a free wax
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
This Could Be You

PPI Motorsports:
Car: 32
Driver: Brett Bodine ($501k)
Contract Length: 1 year

If possible, to lure Dodge in by offering a stronger lineup, PPI would like to run a second part-time car, the details of which are below:

Car: 64
Driver: Ben Collins (2003 ASCAR champ, $50k)
Contract Length: First nine races, Coke 600, Brickyard 400, Sirius at the Glen

BelCar Motorsports:
Car: 54
Driver: Kenny Wallace (money please)
Contract Length: 1 year, or until the team becomes broke- whichever comes first.
Add. Info: Belcar could give you... a complimentary pen or something? (we are literally on the verge of bankruptcy)
Last edited by This Could Be You on 02 Apr 2017, 13:14, edited 1 time in total.
Your Signature Here

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Team Name: Bill Davis Racing

Car: 22
Driver name: Kurt Busch [choice 1]
Driver bid ($ million): 4m
Contract length (years): 1

Driver name: Ryan Newman [choice 2]

Driver name: Jeff Burton [choice 3]

Driver name: Jeremy Mayfield [choice 4]
Driver bid ($ million): 2m

Driver name: Sterling Marlin [choice 5]
Driver bid ($ million): 3m

Car: 23
Driver name: Michael Waltrip [choice 1]
Driver bid ($ million): PD
Contract length (years): 1 (omitting road course races if a ringer is signed)
Other contract information (if applicable): $100,000 bonus payment for winning Daytona 500

Driver name: Ron Fellows [choice 1]
Driver bid ($ million): 50K
Contract length (years): 2 (road course races only)
Other contract information (if applicable): $50,000 bonus payment for winning either The Glen or Sonoma (can only be triggered once per year)

Driver name: Ricky Craven [choice 2]
Driver bid ($ million): 1M

Driver name: Scott Pruett [choice 2]
Driver bid ($ million): 50K
Contract length (years): 2 (road course races only)
Other contract information (if applicable): $50,000 bonus payment for winning either The Glen or Sonoma (can only be triggered once per year)

Driver name: Casey Mears [choice 3]
Driver bid ($ million): 500K
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Dom_Wings

Post by Dom_Wings »

Team Name: Morgan-McClure Motorsports
Car: 4
Driver name: Jimmy Spencer
Contract length (years): 1 (all races)

Team Name: Andy Petree Racing
Car: 33
Driver name: Bobby Hamilton
Driver bid ($ million): 250k
Contract length (years): 1 (all races bar road courses)

Driver name: Max Papis - option 1
Driver bid ($ million): Free
Contract length (years): 1 (road courses only)
Other contract information (if applicable): 75k bonus for a win, 50k for a top 5, 25k for a top 10.

Driver name: Brian Simo - option 2
Contract length (years): 1 (road courses only)
Other contract information (if applicable): 75k bonus for a win, 50k for a top 5, 25k for a top 10.
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Just as a general bit of advice, if you're uncertain about drivers, racing-reference.info is pretty much the most comprehensive resource on NASCAR drivers.

Also, to make things clear, no driver signings are taking place at present, I will run the first round of driver signings next week, so get your bids in by April 8, 23.00 BST.

----------

This Could Be You wrote:If possible, to lure Dodge in by offering a stronger lineup, PPI would like to run a second part-time car, the details of which are below

Dodge would be a bit more impressed if PPI took the money spent on a second car and invested in a better lead driver than a guy whose last top five was a decade ago. Ricky Craven took both of PPI's wins, maybe look at retaining him?

This Could Be You wrote:Driver: Ben Collins (2003 ASCAR champ, $50k)
Contract Length: First nine races, Coke 600, Brickyard 400, Sirius at the Glen

NASCAR would like to see Ben Collins run on shorter ovals of 1.5 miles or less before allowing him to run on larger superspeedways. As for Collins, at this stage in his career, he will absolutely take any shot at making it in NASCAR. (That said, the minimum bid for a paid driver is $100k).

----------

DemocalypseNow wrote:Driver name: Jacques Villeneuve [choice 3]

The 1997 Formula 1 World Champion has fallen on hard times since leaving BAR in disgrace at the end of last year. Unable to secure a drive with another team, JV will listen to all serious offers at this stage. Brian France has caught wind of this and is willing to help out under the table, to put one over those F1 elitists.

DemocalypseNow wrote:Driver name: Michael Waltrip [choice 1]
Driver bid ($ million): PD

Darrell's talentless clone brings plenty of backing from NAPA and Aaron's - but how much, exactly?
1-10 $1.5 million
11-25 $1.7 million
26-50 $1.9 million
51-75 $2 million
76-90 $2.2 million
91-100 $2.5 million
20!

The two-time Daytona 500 winner, Michael Waltrip, can bring a whole $1.7 million to a full-time ride. $600k for a part-time deal.

DemocalypseNow wrote:Driver name: Ron Fellows [choice 1]
Driver bid ($ million): 100K

Longtime Chevy sports car man Ron Fellows has come close to winning a NASCAR Cup race before, for Joe Nemechek in 1999. He certainly feels he has unfinished business, and would be happy to contest the road courses this year.

DemocalypseNow wrote:Driver name: Scott Pruett [choice 2]

Scott, too, is happy to compete in road course races, but as a Ganassi driver in Grand-Am, it's up to Chip Ganassi whether he wants one of his star sports car drivers racing for a rival team.

----------

Reject_Dom wrote:Driver name: Max Papis - option 1

Max Papis hasn't considered starting a NASCAR race before, but being a road course ringer could certainly be a fun weekend or two.

1-90 Considers the offer
91-100 Focuses on Grand-Am
86!

Max Papis is interested in running road courses, but as a Chip Ganassi driver in Grand-Am, he would need the okay from Ganassi to drive for a rival team. He also expects to be paid.

Reject_Dom wrote:Driver name: Brian Simo - option 2

Brian has run NASCAR road course races for a few years now - he has no qualms about (lack of) cash or equipment. Just competing is its own reward for him.
Everything's great.
This Could Be You

I guess we have to appeal to Dodge then, so we will revise our bids to run one car, but for a proven race winner:

PPI Motorsports:
Car:32
Driver: Joe Nemechek ($1million)
Contract: 1 year
Add. Info: Contract will be extended to two years if multiple podiums/ a win are achieved

BelCar's bids remain unaltered.
Your Signature Here

SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Team Nave: Wood Brothers Racing
Car: #21
Driver name: Kurt Busch
Driver bid ($ million): 3 M
Contract length (years): Full season

Driver name: Ricky Rudd
Driver bid ($ million): 2.5 M

Driver name: Kyle Busch
Driver bid ($ million): 700k

Team Name: Wood Brothers Racing
Driver name: Johny Sauter
Driver bid ($ million): 700 K

Driver name: Jason Leffler
Driver bid ($ million): 500 K

Driver name: John Wood
Driver bid ($ million): 500 K
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Having experienced Dodge in the Nascar cup series in 2004, Aj Foyt will bid for a semi works team with Dodge.

Aj Foyt will attempt to field 2 cars:

Team Name: Aj Foyt Racing
Car: #14
Driver name: Larry Foyt
Driver bid ($ million): 300K
Contract length (years): Full Season

Car: #91
Contract length (years): Part Time
Last edited by Gonzalez on 02 Apr 2017, 19:23, edited 3 times in total.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Gonzalez wrote:Having experienced Dodge in the Nascar cup series in 2004, Aj Foyt will bid for a semi works team with Dodge.

Car: #65

Driver bid ($ million): 2 Million

You have a starting budget of $1 million. You can't pay for any of this.
Everything's great.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Team Nave: Joe Gibbs Racing
Car: #18
Driver name: Bobby Labonte
Driver bid ($ million): $5 Million
Contract length (years): 2 Years

Car: #11
Driver name: Elliot Sadler
Driver bid ($ million): $2 Million
Contract length (years): 2 Years

Car: #80
Driver name: Shawna Robinson
Contract length (years): 1 ( 12 Races)

Team Name: Ultra Motorsport
Car: #7
Driver Name: Boris Said
Driver Bid:100K
Contract Length: 2 Races Road Course

Driver Name: Boris Said
Contract Length: 2 Races Road Course

Driver Name: Colin White (Ascar Driver)
Contract Length: 5 Races

Driver Name: Randy Lajoire
Contract Length: 5 Races
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Salamander wrote:
Gonzalez wrote:Having experienced Dodge in the Nascar cup series in 2004, Aj Foyt will bid for a semi works team with Dodge.

Entry post has now been updated to 400K per driver
thor97

Post by thor97 »

thor97 wrote:Driver name:Jimmy Johnson

Okay that was pretty funny, Jimmie Johnson thinks, but seriously, where's the rest of his contract money?

(you need to match the Min Bid value for each driver on the spreadsheet to have a hope of signing them)

My Bad didn't even notice the other tabs i will put 6.5 mil as his contract money
and for the 25
Brian Vickers 800k
Fernando Alonso wrote:The Engine Feels good
Much Slower than Before
Amazing
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Gonzalez wrote:
Salamander wrote:

Entry post has now been updated to 400K per driver

You still need to pay for another REC, which is $1 million for a full season. You're also going to need money to buy a car and engines later.
Everything's great.
Gonzalez

Post by Gonzalez »

Salamander wrote:
You still need to pay for another REC, which is $1 million for a full season. You're also going to need money to buy a car and engines later.

I double apologise for not paying a lot of attention here, as I'm getting put up with posting it from a phone.

Post fixed again, Larry Foyt will use the 14 Car full time whilst Ron Hornaday will do Part time as a Paydriver, this will fit him appropriately with his Craftsman Truck schedule.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Team Name: Evernham Motorsports
Car: 9
Driver name: Kurt Busch [1st choice]
Driver bid ($ million): $3 million

Car: 9
Driver name: Elliott Sadler [2nd choice]

Car: 19
Driver name: Robby Gordon [1st choice]

Car: 19
Driver name: Jeremy Mayfield [2nd choice]
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

So... remember when I said money is to be strictly down to increments of $100k? Yeah I've had a think about that and it's a bit too inflexible here, so instead I'll allow increments of $10k. Sorry to mess about on that one.

----------

Gonzalez wrote:Driver name: Ron Hornaday Jr

Ron Hornaday takes one look at this offer and tosses it in the trash. He's not paying to drive a car for a team he struggled mightily with only a couple years ago, especially not when he has a drive lined up with Richard Childress Racing's Busch team.

----------

peteroli34 wrote:Driver name: Shawna Robinson

Robinson could probably find some cash for you if you want.

peteroli34 wrote:Driver Name: Boris Said

peteroli34 wrote:Driver Name: Boris Said

Boris Said is quite pleased with Ultra's enthusiasm, but you only need to bid for him once. :P As he qualified on pole at Sonoma last year, Said is very enthusiastic at the opportunity to settle some unfinished business and win his first Cup race.

peteroli34 wrote:Driver Name: Colin White (Ascar Driver)

NASCAR is not sufficiently impressed with White's ASCAR record to allow him an entry in the Cup series.
Everything's great.
Samster

Post by Samster »

Robert Yates Driver Bids

Well first of all we believe Dale Jarrett still has a couple of good seasons left in him so will be our first choice to remain in the #88. If for some reason he goes elsewhere we shall announce a plan B then.

Car: #88
Driver name: Dale Jarrett
Driver bid ($ million): $6 million per season
Other contract information (if applicable): Extra $500,000 per victory.

We shall let Elliott Sadler persue other opportunities. (Honestly I've never been too inspired by him). We shall go with some young guns for the other cars. First choice for #38 is Kasey Kahne who we shall try to sign on a three year development contract.

Car: #38
Driver bid ($ million): $2 million per season
Contract length (years): 3 years
Other contract information (if applicable): $200,000 bonus for every top 10 finish scored.

The other drivers bids are intended for either the #28 or #38. If Kahne signs with the #38 then our top choice below goes to the #28. If Kahne rejects us then our two best choices available are signed to the #28 and #38.

Car: #28 (or #38)
Driver name: Shane Hmiel (I believe his first drug suspension ended before 2004 began?)
Driver bid ($ million): $600,000
Contract length (years): 1 years
Other contract information (if applicable): $200,000 bonus for every top 10 finish scored.

Driver name: Jon Wood

Driver name: Casey Atwood

Driver name: Travis Kvapil

Finally we would like to add a part-time REC (#98) with which we shall tap into the British ASCAR driver pool. We would like to sign young guns, Anthony Swan and Oli Playle to a handful of short track races each. (Exact details to be confirmed when the schedule is released).

Car: #98
Driver name: Anthony Swan
Driver bid ($ million): $20,000 per race
Contract length (years): At least three races
Other contract information (if applicable): Pay is double if they somehow get a top 10.

Car: #98
Driver name: Oli Playle
Driver bid ($ million): $20,000 per race
Contract length (years): At least three races
Other contract information (if applicable): Pay is double if they somehow get a top 10.
takagi_for_the_win

Team Name: MB2 Racing
Car: #01
Driver name: Jacques Villeneuve
Driver bid: $3m
Contract length: 1
Other contract information: is it possible to have first dibs on resigning him for a second season?

Car: #10
Driver name: Bobby Hamilton, Jr.
Driver bid: $1m
Contract length: 1
Other contract information: nah

I think there are unborn kids in Sierra Leone with a better NASCAR knowledge than me, so pls don't make fun of me for picking the only driver I've heard of on Salamander's list, and a man with the same surname as someone who's quite good at F1. :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Chip Ganassi racing wish to sell the REC for the #40 back to NASCAR.
takagi_for_the_win

Having done a wee bit of research, here's moar bids.

Team Name: MB2 Racing
Car: #01
Driver name: Boris Said
Driver bid: $150,000
Contract length: 1 year

Car: #10
Driver name: Joe Nemechek
Driver bid: $1.5m
Contract length: 1 year
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Samster wrote:Driver name: Shane Hmiel (I believe his first drug suspension ended before 2004 began?)

Indeed it has.

Samster wrote:Driver name: Anthony Swan

Samster wrote:Driver name: Oli Playle

NASCAR is not sufficiently impressed with the records of Anthony Swan or Oli Playle to allow them entries in the Cup series.

----------

pasta_maldonado wrote:Chip Ganassi racing wish to sell the REC for the #40 back to NASCAR.

Your REC has been refunded.

----------

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Driver name: Boris Said

Boris Said enjoys competing twice a year in NASCAR for the road courses, but would he consider a full switch to full-time NASCAR competition? He was the Trans-Am champ back in 2002, and feels confident about landing a very competitive GT ride in Grand-Am.

1-15 Considers the offer... for the right price.
16-100 Declines
96!

Thanks but no thanks, Boris will stick to the road courses only for now.
Everything's great.
takagi_for_the_win

Salamander wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:Driver name: Boris Said

Boris Said enjoys competing twice a year in NASCAR for the road courses, but would he consider a full switch to full-time NASCAR competition? He was the Trans-Am champ back in 2002, and feels confident about landing a very competitive GT ride in Grand-Am.

1-15 Considers the offer... for the right price.
16-100 Declines
96!

Thanks but no thanks, Boris will stick to the road courses only for now.

So what do I offer him to do just the road courses?
TORA! TORA! TORA!