F1 Rejects Winter Series

Archive for the three above subforums
DemocalypseNow

F1 Rejects Winter Series

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Taking inspiration from Watka and Valrys, I'll be running a season of Nuppiz's (and partly mine :D) F1 Rejects GPM2 mod.
Why is this better than the other two threads? Because HWNSNBM is driving the #1 car for F1 Rejects Racing :D
I am in control of my own team, Atom Motorsport.

Round One - Melbourne

Qualifying
And Atom Motorsport gets off to the best possible start, locking out the front row! But right behind is the man everyone is tipping for the win, HWNSNBM :twisted: Only 16 cars are within the 107% rule, so the FIA gives special dispensation to the 17th-23rd place cars, with Dalmas rather unfairly left out despite being only 3 thousandths of a second behind Marques.

Race
van de Poele leads away and starts pulling a gap to Schneider...looks like the German's car is laden with fuel. Badoer is the first to stop, followed a lap later by van de Poele! 8.2 seconds stop is a little long for that amount of fuel...and he's dropped behind Moreno! Meanwhile Hattori crashes out of the race as the other Atom car of Bernd Schneider comes in for his first stop. And Moreno leads for F1 Rejects! But team-mate HWNSNBM has dropped to 5th and out of contention for the win.
Moreno finally pulls in but resumes in 2nd, jumping the 2-stopping Schneider. And thats a HUGE CRASH! Blofeld into the wall, looks like a tyre burst on his Qadbak. And just afterwards, oh dear. McCarthy coasts to a halt, with what appears to be an electronics failure. Oooh...and there goes another one, Chaves pulls off with broken suspension.
Moreno looks like he has this race, I think that was his last stop, and he is only 5 seconds behind van de Poele who we expect to stop again. Meanwhile HWNSNBM jumps Schneider for 3rd place while the latter pits, but...OH MY GOODNESS! IS THAT HWNSNBM? IT IS! HE'S STOPPED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TRACK! What on earth could it be for...and he looks visibly angered now :evil:, I think he may have simply run out of fuel! How embarrassing.
van de Poele makes his final stop...and its not enough! He couldn't make his 3 stop strategy work, and with all the stops now complete things look bleak for him.
The cars are dropping like flies here, there goes Deletraz into the gravel trap! And Foitek follows him in a lap later! And...and...is that...one of the Atom cars has blown a motor! ITS SCHNEIDER! Boom goes the Lambo V12! Oh what a shame...he looked certain of taking 3rd place.
But there is a final twist in the tail! Its starting to rain with 8 laps left! Is it worth pitting for wets? van de Poele is really struggling, and holding up the Badoer F1 cars. He pits! He drops behind the Badoer F1 duo but can he make the time back up?
And Moreno WINS THE AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX! And the tyre gamble didn't pay off for van de Poele, as Luca Badoer takes 2nd ahead of team-mate Marc Gene rounding out the podium. Moreno also bags a bonus point for the fastest lap of the race.

Championship Standings
DRIVERS
1. Roberto Moreno (F1 Rejects) - 16pts
2. Luca Badoer (Badoer F1 Team)- 10pts
3. Marc Gene (Badoer F1 Team)- 8pts
4. Eric van de Poele (Atom Motorsport) - 7pts
5. Palpatine (Qadbak) - 4pts
6. Vitantonio Liuzzi (Melrose Racing Team) - 3pts
7. Nick Heidfeld (**** the Safety Car Racing Team) - 2pts
8. Sebastian Bourdais (Melrose Racing Team) - 1pt

CONSTRUCTORS
1. Badoer F1 Team - 18pts
2. F1 Rejects - 16pts
3. Atom Motorsport - 7pts
4. Qadbak - 4pts
=. Melrose Racing Team - 4pts
6. **** the Safety Car Racing Team - 2pts
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1 Rejects Winter Series

Post by shinji »

Epic. Keep it going. I changed your Atom team to Rock GP (I go to a school that's collquially shortened to 'Rock' if you're wondering) and am a couple of seasons in. Deletraz won a race for me :D, got him after sacking Schneider. Too boring.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

This should be an excellent laugh! Looking forward to HWNSNBM blitzing every remaining race. After all, he only loses races he lets other people win
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Round Two: Interlagos

News
Most of the talk has been about HWNSNBM's fury after the first round at his 'incompetent' team, and has threatened to leave for pastures new if another silly mistake like that happens again. There are also rumours Atom Motorsport have already signed E.S Blofeld but there appears to be no substance to it so far.

Qualifying
F1 Rejects lock out the front row, but surprisingly its Moreno that takes the pole position. The second drivers for Atom and Badoer F1 are on Row 2 and the team leader on Row 3. The EuroBruns shock everybody by locking out Row 4. Only Lola doesn't qualify, so 24 cars will make the start.

Race
The F1 Rejects cars lead away in formation, and Schneider jumps Gene for 3rd place at the start. But thats a jump start for Schneider! van de Poele managed to jump the other car of Luca Badoer at the start too, and is promoted to 4th as Schneider serves his drive-through penalty on lap four...and thats a limping Qadbak, its Blofeld out again! The suspension looks like its taken a whack and he DNF's for the second time in two races. And there goes Chaves into the wall! One of his tyres just gave up which pitched him into wall...meanwhile Schneider hasn't lost much ground it seems, he's already back up to 7th place after his penalty.
There goes the other Coloni of Hattori, pulling off to the side of the track. Electrical failure I suspect, compounding a miserable weekend for the former DNPQ Kings. Marques is having a torrid time in the Minardi, he's fallen behind the chronically slow Super Aguris now. OH MY GOODNESS! That must be the commentator's curse, as Kuwashima's tyre explodes violently and spears across the track, taking out Schneider while he was trying to lap Kuwashima!!! This really hasn't been a great start for the German, though neither DNF has really been his fault.
And there goes another one! Bridgestone must be sh*tting themselves, thats yet another tyre failure, this time for Mazzacane.
There is a car coasting on the track...ITS VAN DE POELE! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, I THINK HE HAS RUN OUT OF FUEL TOO! An embarrasing end to an awful weekend for Atom Motorsport, they will be heading home early.
Meanwhile the in-house rivalry at F1 Rejects continues, Moreno pulls in for his first stop. HWNSNBM is soldiering on...for a whole 3 laps. And he's done it! He steals the race lead from under Moreno's nose, and the current championship leader does not look happy about that. Elsewhere, rather amazingly, both EuroBruns are in the points! Good race for them, now Larrauri and Foitek just have to hold on to the end. Palpatine's switch to the Dark Side clearly hasn't done him any good, he's not able to use The Force to break the EuroBruns gearbox to get into the top 6 here.
Speaking of which Marques' gearbox has packed in, he limps to the side of the track to retire. Minardi join Coloni and Atom as double DNF's. A while later Langes pulls off too, this time with broken suspension.
And BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!! Thats a EuroBrun gone up in flames, and its Larrauri! The Cossie takes a wobbly and gives up on the spot. What a shame, he was looking good for 5th place there. And just as an example of how slow the Super Aguris have been this weekend, it's taken Ide three laps to 'overtake' the now retired Larrauri. Maybe Palpatine did have something to do with that...it's conveniently promoted him to 6th place.
There goes another engine...must be one of the backmarkers. No wait...ITS HWNSNBM! HWNSNBM IS OUT WITH A HUGE ENGINE FAILURE! Oh...he looked set for an easy victory there but his Life W12 just gave up the ghost only a handful of laps from the end! What a pity. And I presume this is a replay...no wait, Foitek's blown a motor on the same lap! And Palpatine spins off a few moments later! I have a feeling the latter will be under investigation after this race...and Cosworth haven't exactly endeared themselves to EuroBrun this race either...
There appears to be some sort of cascade effect...another car is coasting to a halt...OH MY GOD! ITS MORENO! MORENO RETIRES FROM THE LEAD ON THE PENULTIMATE LAP! UNBELIEVEABLE! HE RUNS OUT OF FUEL JUST LIKE HIS TEAM-MATE AT MELBOURNE! INCREDIBLE! Jamie and Enoch will have some serious problems explaining the latest set of cock-ups to the two disgruntled drivers now...but he may pick up 4th or 7th place, it depends how many cars can 'unlap' themselves before the race finishes.
This means Marc Gene is promoted to first place...but what's this? HES PITTING! HE MUST BE SHORT ON FUEL TOO! Boy oh boy, I have no idea who is going to win this race! His team-mate Badoeris next in line, can he make it to the end?
And Luca Badoer WINS THE BRAZILIAN GRAND PRIX! I thought I'd never be saying those words in my entire life but it's finally happened. Gene's splash and dash means he drops to 2nd, and amazingly Moreno is able to pick up the final podium place despite being a lap and a half short on fuel. What an incredible race. Lets hope for more of the same at the next round in Argentina! One of the biggest surprises though has to be Perry McCarthy's Andrea Moda not only finishing the race, but in the points! Taki Inoue too picks up a point, which just goes to show if they avoided the Safety Car on a regular basis they'd be able to pick up points finishes in most races.

STANDINGS AFTER ROUND TWO
DRIVERS
1. Luca Badoer (Badoer F1 Team)- 25pts
2. Roberto Moreno (F1 Rejects) - 24pts
3. Marc Gene (Badoer F1 Team)- 18pts
4. Nick Heidfeld (**** the Safety Car Racing Team) - 8pts
5. Eric van de Poele (Atom Motorsport) - 7pts
6. Vitantonio Liuzzi (Melrose Racing Team) - 6pts
7. Sebastian Bourdais (Melrose Racing Team) - 5pts
8. Palpatine (Qadbak) - 4pts
9. Perry McCarthy (Andrea Moda) - 2pts
10. Taki Inoue (**** the Safety Car Racing Team) - 1pt
=. HWNSNBM (F1 Rejects) - 1pt
=. Bernd Schneider (Atom Motorsport) - 1pt

CONSTRUCTORS
1. Badoer F1 Team - 43pts
2. F1 Rejects - 25pts
3. Melrose Racing Team - 11pts
4. **** the Safety Car Racing Team - 9pts
3. Atom Motorsport - 7pts
4. Qadbak - 4pts
5. Andrea Moda - 2pts

Image Image
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Round Three: Argentina

News
The biggest shock since Round Two is undoubtedly surrounding Formula Rejects' biggest star, HWNSNBM. After only two races, he has become so fed up of a series of cock-ups by Team F1 Rejects, he has signed a two year deal for Atom Motorsport!
On a more minor note, FRejects has become victim its own Spygate scandal, after cooling technology was stolen from Atom Motorsport by an unknown team.

Race
The race was cancelled after HWNSNBM decided he didn't want to participate, so we move on to the European Grand Prix tomorrow :D

Image Image
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Round Four: Nurburgring

News
Atom Motorsport hit the headlines once again, but this time an unknown source has disclosed financial information, indicating the team is close to bankruptcy.

Qualifying
Van de Poele takes Pole by a country mile, followed by the F1 Reject and Badoer cars in formation. Once again Lola fail to make the cut, as does Ide. At least thats one less Super Aguri for Schneider in 8th to worry about...

Race
Eric van de Poele leads away...and an MRT car has stalled at the start, Bourdais looks as if he is doing the Team America Secret Signal in a moment of panic there, but all the cars avoid him, and he is pushed to the side of the track into retirement.
Thats one of the Minardi's crawling along the track...Marques is out, his car sounds like its stuck in too high a gear there. And thats a Qadbak into the gravel trap...looks like a tyre gave way on Blofeld's car.
Is this Deja vu? It can't be...I don't believe it! Schneider and Kuwashima have collided again while the latter was being lapped, but is able to continue! Schneider was not so lucky...there's too much damage to that car to continue.
And there's another on track incident. Palpatine has got caught up in his own tricks again, taking himself and Chaves out of the race. Silly accident there.
And the leaders make their first stops...its van de Poele who is able to go longest though...and its worked! He resumes the lead of the race, while Moreno is promoted to 2nd as HWNSNBM has a very slow stop.
Its been a surprisingly uneventful stage of the race here, as the leaders make their second stops. van de Poele once again resumes the lead of the race. Well...I think he has, but there goes Moreno through Turn 4 with no sight of van de Poele...HE'S ON FIRE! VAN DE POELE'S CAR HAS TURNED INTO A MASSIVE FIREBALL! A HUUUUUUGE ENGINE FAILURE! These Lambo V12s haven't had such great reliability in the past and its showing this season too...van de Poele has been in a position to win all the races this season but his equipment has let him down badly. Another double DNF for Atom Motorsport...they seem to have the speed to contend for the title but these non-finishes are ruining their title aspirations early on.
I think that engine failure left some oil on the track...Heidfeld skids out of control and thumps the barrier. And there goes another one! Langes is out, but it looked like the steering was already broken on the Andrea Moda anyway. And another! Larrauri bins it, and another good points haul goes to waste for EuroBrun. Commentator's curse strikes once again, there goes Foitek off the track! He's not coming back from that one, and they're pretty much in the same boat as Atom so far this season: Speed without Consistency. Looking at the replay...it looks like McCarthy gave him a little help with that...speaking of which, he's gone off a few corners later! The Domino Effect really seems to have kicked in now, only 11 cars remain with a handful of laps to go.
Gene is pitting! Why? I don't understand, he can't have been short on fuel again, can he? Its the second fuel mileage blunder by Badoer F1 in as many races!
And Roberto Moreno rounds the final turn for the last time to WIN WIN WIN THE EUROPEAN GRAND PRIX! I think there may have been a little bit of team orders going on there, HWNSNBM finishes on his tail despite starting ahead of Moreno and holding the fastest lap of the race. Despite that splash and dash near the end, Gene rounds out the podium. What stuns me most however was Hattori and Lavaggi picking up points finishes for 7th and 8th!

Image Image
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Can we place bets?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Phoenix wrote:Can we place bets?

No. You will find out why tomorrow.

Image Image
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

kostas22 wrote:

You know, I'd be willing to bet you 10 internets that HWNSNBM won't win a race.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

shinji wrote:
kostas22 wrote:

You know, I'd be willing to bet you 10 internets that HWNSNBM won't win a race.

:shock: :o

Image Image
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

kostas22 wrote:

I don't find it, but I don't think HWNSNBM needs to prove himself on a game with such a reputation, if that's the reason...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

HWNSNBM Crowned F1 Rejects Winter Series Champion

HWNSNBM was crowned champion as the series was brought into disrepute by several of its drivers, dubbed 'Bribegate'.
Roberto Moreno's management had bribed F1 Rejects to deliberately make HWNSNBM's car fail during races, and as they are already the governing body as well so could get away with it.
Luca Badoer was in on it too, collaborating with Moreno to try and defeat HWNSNBM once and for all.
The worst part however was the industrial espionage commited against Atom Motorsport. The governing body tampered with their Lambo V12 engines during parc ferme to reduce their power output, or to break them completely. They also bribed Super Aguri to 'dispose' of any Atom Motorsport car that came to lap them, just in case the machinery lasted the full race distance.
So you may be wondering, why did Moreno fail to finish at Interlagos? He did not run out of fuel, he pulled over on purprose. It was a reward to Badoer F1 Team who had been doing much of their dirty work before and during the season.
Several other drivers are also involved in more minor roles, and have duly been excluded, so the championship standings end as follows.

1. HWNSNBM
2. Vitantonio Liuzzi
3. Nick Heidfeld
4. Eric van de Poele
5. Taki Inoue
6. Perry McCarthy
7. Naoki Hattori
8. Giovanni Lavaggi
9. Bernd Schneider
10. Pedro Chaves
NC. Oscar Larrauri
NC. Tarso Marques
NC. Gregor Foitek
NC. Ricardo Rosset
NC. Jean-Denis Deletraz
NC. Claudio Langes
NC. Gaston Mazzacane
NC. Yannick Dalmas
EX. Roberto Moreno
EX. Luca Badoer
EX. Marc Gene
EX. Sebastian Bourdais
EX. Palpatine
EX. Blofeld
EX. Yuji Ide
EX. Masami Kuwashima

Despite the now shattered nature of the sport, a new series is planned for the beginning of next year. Badoer, Gene, Bourdais, Blofeld, Ide, Kuwashima and Moreno's management all face charges for bribery, however Moreno himself has proved he did not condone the bribes at all and had assumed his management had followed his wishes against it. F1 Rejects and Palpatine are under investigation for tampering with rival teams' equipment.

Image Image
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

kostas22 wrote:HWNSNBM Crowned F1 Rejects Winter Series Champion

HWNSNBM was crowned champion as the series was brought into disrepute by several of its drivers, dubbed 'Bribegate'.
Roberto Moreno's management had bribed F1 Rejects to deliberately make HWNSNBM's car fail during races, and as they are already the governing body as well so could get away with it.
Luca Badoer was in on it too, collaborating with Moreno to try and defeat HWNSNBM once and for all.
The worst part however was the industrial espionage commited against Atom Motorsport. The governing body tampered with their Lambo V12 engines during parc ferme to reduce their power output, or to break them completely. They also bribed Super Aguri to 'dispose' of any Atom Motorsport car that came to lap them, just in case the machinery lasted the full race distance.
So you may be wondering, why did Moreno fail to finish at Interlagos? He did not run out of fuel, he pulled over on purprose. It was a reward to Badoer F1 Team who had been doing much of their dirty work before and during the season.
Several other drivers are also involved in more minor roles, and have duly been excluded, so the championship standings end as follows.

1. HWNSNBM
2. Vitantonio Liuzzi
3. Nick Heidfeld
4. Eric van de Poele
5. Taki Inoue
6. Perry McCarthy
7. Naoki Hattori
8. Giovanni Lavaggi
9. Bernd Schneider
10. Pedro Chaves
NC. Oscar Larrauri
NC. Tarso Marques
NC. Gregor Foitek
NC. Ricardo Rosset
NC. Jean-Denis Deletraz
NC. Claudio Langes
NC. Gaston Mazzacane
NC. Yannick Dalmas
EX. Roberto Moreno
EX. Luca Badoer
EX. Marc Gene
EX. Sebastian Bourdais
EX. Palpatine
EX. Blofeld
EX. Yuji Ide
EX. Masami Kuwashima

Despite the now shattered nature of the sport, a new series is planned for the beginning of next year. Badoer, Gene, Bourdais, Blofeld, Ide, Kuwashima and Moreno's management all face charges for bribery, however Moreno himself has proved he did not condone the bribes at all and had assumed his management had followed his wishes against it. F1 Rejects and Palpatine are under investigation for tampering with rival teams' equipment.

This is completely ludicrous. One of the first things that were teached to me was to finish what I began. So, you should finish this. Even with corruption, complots, etc., HWNSNBM would have been champion, that's clear as water. Plus, we would have had more emotion seeing who would have been 2nd, or 3rd, or 4th, and so on...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

The truth is...its all Nuppiz's fault! Blame him! :lol:
There was an error in the config file that meant it skipped every second race, so I began to lose count of what was going on! :lol:
Don't worry, I'll start again soon, with the fixed config file this time :D

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

kostas22 wrote:The truth is...its all Nuppiz's fault! Blame him! :lol:
There was an error in the config file that meant it skipped every second race, so I began to lose count of what was going on! :lol:

No, it was HWNSNBM, he corrupted your config file as the game was portraying him as not-unbeatable. :geek: :lol:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Nuppiz wrote:

No, it was HWNSNBM, he corrupted your config file as the game was portraying him as not-unbeatable. :geek: :lol:

HWNSNBM failed to win a race in my first season on GPM2 and the config file still works fine :twisted:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Wizzie wrote:HWNSNBM failed to win a race in my first season on GPM2 and the config file still works fine :twisted:

It's because you hadn't posted about it. Now he knows... :twisted:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Don't worry then, I'll buy a box of papayas and a plane ticket to Finland then... :twisted:
And I bet Moreno can defeat HWNSNBM, I'm sure!