Alt F1 1977: Final Prize Money, Season over!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: Alt F1 1977: Monaco UP, upgrades,enter Trofeu Dino Ferra

Post by Ataxia »

Dexter249 wrote:Mind if I take over Tyrell? I know my managing skills are "up to par"

Yes, your "up to par" managerial skills were why I had to remove you from the KV helm in IndyCar.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

1977 French Grand Prix - Pre-Qualifying

Results

Excuse the lack of driver times, I stupidly forgot to screenshot them

1) Martini-Renault 2:26.795
2) Lola-Ford 2:27.913 (ATS)
3) March-Ford 2:29.657 (Iberia)
4) March-Ford 2:29.667 (Everest)
5) March-Ford 2:30.026 (Vaillante)
6) LEC-Ford 2:30.072
7) Shadow-Alfa Romeo 2:30.342
8) Penske-Ford 2:30.503
9) Hesketh-Ford 2:30.67
10) Lola-Ford 2:36.717 (North Star)
11) Dywa-Renzo 2:39.502
12) March-Renzo 2:40.058 (B&S)
13) Wheatcroft-Renzo 2:46.846

Whilst at this stage of the season it was almost a given for Renault and ATS to progress, the fight was still on for the third spot in main qualifying. Shadow, Penske, LEC and Everest fought fiercely throughout the session. However, it would be a story of team-mates that depicted the outcome of the session. Watson again finished 4th for Shadow, but Riberio was dreadfully slow and could only muster a lowly 18th, whereas Bertram Schafer would set a competitive 5th fastest time for Penske, but Pescarolo languished down in 17th. LEC stepped up to the plate, and although Patrese would finish 7th fasest, LEC would've progressed had emergency repairs not have to be undertaken on Giacomelli's car after it stopped on track mid-session. Everest looked to have sealed it, with Flamini's 8th and Ghinzani's 11th, but were pipped by 1 hundredth of a second by Iberia. It was a fine return to form after an embarassing No Time in Monaco, with Emilio di Villota setting the 6th fastest time. Iberia progressed despite Tony Trimmer languishing down in 14th position.

At the back of the pack, not much had changed from the previous Grand Prix. Stuppacher was again ridiculously slow, setting a 1:30, with the March-Renzos of B&S Fabrication and Dywa not being much faster. The real surprise of the session was Gimax, setting a time just 3 seconds behind Jarier's session-topping lap, and out-pre-qualifying both North Stars to boot.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

1977 French Grand Prix - Qualifying

1977 French Grand Prix - Qualifying

Results

Jody Scheckter takes his second pole position of the season by less than a tenth of a second ahead of Sneva, who will start on the front row in a championship Grand Prix for the first time in 1977. Nurmester will be hoping for a strong performance from 3rd, whereas Andretti could only muster 6th. In the midfield, Ligier and Williams emerge on top, with the Ensign pair failing to utilise the extra pace of the Alfa Romeo engines. Brambilla starts from 16th, just edging out Fittpaldi, whereas towards the back of the pack March fail to impress and di Villota makes the grid. Kottulinsky and Tony Trimmer again fail to make the grid.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

The race is currently live in the GP Rejects chatroom. Come and join us!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

1977 French Grand Prix - Race

Race
Results

Lap Chart

Fastest Lap: Jody Scheckter - 1:12.808
Drive of the Race: Carlos Reutemann - Kept it on the road to come through the chaos and take his first victory of 1977
Reject of the Race: The front runners except Reutemann - Sneva spun three times, Nurmester and Depailler suffered mechanical failure from the lead, Scheckter ran wide and picked up damaged that forced an early-race pitstop, and Andretti struck an unsighted Depailler's slowing car.

Ratings (Format shamelessly stolen from Normal32)
1) Carlos Reutemann - 9/10 - Kept a cool head whilst everyone around him lost theirs.
2) Jody Scheckter - 7/10 - Salvaged from initial mistake.
3) Tom Sneva - 6/10 - Struggled with balance of the car, possible brake issues. Did strike Fittipaldi, but Emerson veered into his path
4) Mario Andretti - 5/10 - Was lapping Stommelen when he pulled out to be directly faced with Depailler's smoking Ferrari. Otherwise poor
5) Ronnie Peterson - 8/10 - Utilised the extra Alfa horses well
6) Didier Pironi - 7/10 - Good drive to score more points for Tyrrell
7) Vittorio Brambilla - 6/10 - Again so close to a second point for Boro
8) Tom Pryce - 5/10 - Beat his team-mate. Not much else he could do.
9) Gianfranco Brancatelli - 4/10 - Made it to the finish
10) Francois Migault - 5/10 - Should have done better
11) Rolf Stommelen - 6/10 - Another good showing in the ATS
12) Mikko Kozarowtisky - 5/10 - Didn't drive badly.
13) Emilio di Villota - 8/10 - Zero to hero. Dragged the Iberia to the finish.
14) Jean-Pierre Jabouille - 8/10 - wason course for a 7th place finish for Renault.
Ret) Jacques Laffite - 6/10 - Robbed of strong points again by mechanical failure.
Ret) Gunnar Nilsson - 6/10 - Had recovered from an anonymous start.
Ret) Jean-Pierre Jarier - 5/10 - Was fairly anonymous until engine failure sent him spinning out of the race.
Ret) Emerson Fittipaldi - 4/10 - Spun at start, then ran wide into the path of Sneva later in the race, taking himself out. Anonymous.
Ret) Alan Jones - 7/10 - Robbed of potential podium
Ret) Jacky Ickx - 2/10 - Who?
Ret) Thomas Nurmester - 10/10 - Did everything right. Denied maiden victory again.
Ret) Patrick Depailler - 7/10 - Again taken out by failure.
Ret) Clay Regazzoni - 5/10 - Lazy spin cost a brilliant result.
Ret) James Hunt - 7/10 - Was having a good race until hit a slow Regazzoni on the racing line at the blind final corner
Ret) Patrick Tambay - 2/10 - Out before it even began
Ret) Hector Rebaque - 1/10 - Was out immediately.
DNQ) Freddy Kottulinsky - 0/10 - A rich display of ineptitude
DNQ) Tony Trimmer - 4/10 - Failed to drag the Iberia into the race.
-----DNPQs listed in no particular order--------
DNPQ) Riccardo Patrese - 8/10 - Has a big career ahead of him
DNPQ) Bruno Giacomelli - 5/10 - First timed run halted due to engine failure
DNPQ) Pierre Dieudonne - 5/10 - Meh
DNPQ) Bertram Schafer - 9/10 - More like it for Penske
DNPQ) Leonhard von Gottorp - 6/10 - Couldn't have done more
DNPQ) Maurizio Flammini - 7/10 - Almost there
DNPQ) Piercarlo Ghinzani - 5/10 - Just one more tenth, Piercarlo....
DNPQ) Giancarlo Martini - 2/10 - Mama Mia
DNPQ) Henri Pescarolo - 4/10 - Little better
DNPQ) Gimax - 7/10 - Another performance above and beyond the Wheatcroft.
DNPQ) Herve Regout - 1/10 - A waffle still could've driven faster.
DNPQ) Harald Ertl - 1/10 - Proving that a moustache cannot make an outdated car fast.
DNPQ) William Ferguson - 1/10 - Looks equally as silly as Ertl
DNPQ) Hans Binder - 1/10 - Woeful
DNPQ) Michael Bleekemolen - 1/10 - "Woeful" (in Dutch)
DNPQ) Renzo Zorzi - 2/10 - Close to the B&S March-Renzos.
DNPQ) Alberto Colombo - -3/10 - Absurdly awful
DNPQ) Otto Stuppacher - -1000/10 - What is Stuppacher even doing?

Race Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXl-OFYP1PE&feature=youtu.be

Budgets
All budgets have been updated.

Upgrades
All remaining supplier upgrades are now available.

The second slot of upgrades is still open. If you have not yet upgraded in slot 2, please request upgrades using the following form: (please note you use the supplier row for both tyre and other supplier upgrades.)

Code: Select all

Team Name:
Chassis upgrade [Tier, if applicable]:
Engine upgrade [Y/N, if available]:
Supplier upgrade [Y/N, if available]:
This Could Be You

Re: Alt F1 1977: French Grand Prix Results UP

Post by This Could Be You »

Hesketh will take whatever upgrades Pirelli can give us in the (false) hope that it might make us fast enough to just DNQ, rather than DNPQ. 1977 really has been an unremitting, rejectful disaster for us, but at least von Gottorp's saving us from utter embarrasment.
Your Signature Here

Named after HRT, now on HRT
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

This Could Be You wrote:Hesketh will take whatever upgrades Pirelli can give us in the (false) hope that it might make us fast enough to just DNQ, rather than DNPQ. 1977 really has been an unremitting, rejectful disaster for us, but at least von Gottorp's saving us from utter embarrasment.

Upgrades
Hesketh request their supplier upgrade from Pirelli: -150 RGR
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Liger and B&S would like their supplier upgrades.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

1977 Trofeo Dino Ferrari - Qualifying

1977 Trofeo Dino Ferrari - Qualifying

Results

With Ferrari entering four cars, a sight not seen seen for over 10 years, in honour of the late Dino Ferrari, it was predicted to be a first and second row lockout for la Scuderia at the engine-dominated Imola circuit. Enzo would not be disappointed, as Patrick Depailler went on to take pole by 4 tenths, ahead of Scheckter, de Angelis and Ferrari debutante Gilles Villeneuve. A returning Danny Ongais had to settle for best of the rest in 5th position, whereas Alan Jones managed to out-qualify the second McLaren of Carlos Reutemann in 7th.

Further down the grid, Everest acheived their best-ever qualifying results - 12th and 13th - albeit in last year's Ferrari 312T, on loan from the works squad. Keke Rosberg will start 14th on his Formula One debut after Iberia negotiated the loan of second-hand McLaren M23s for the event, and Stephen South outqualfiied Hesketh team-mate Martini. At the back of the grid, Renzo Zorzi will start 21st in Dywa's best ever performance, the Apollon is horrendously slow, and the relatively unknown Luciano Pavesi brings up the rear of the field.

The race will be run tonight, as always in the GP rejects chatroom.
This Could Be You

'Only' 4.5s off the pace and with questionable reliability at best- I'm not holding up much hope for a good result for Hesketh. A finish would be nice, but I'm not even willing to count on that...
Your Signature Here

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

This Could Be You wrote:'Only' 4.5s off the pace and with questionable reliability at best- I'm not holding up much hope for a good result for Hesketh. A finish would be nice, but I'm not even willing to count on that...

If lel rel strikes, a Hesketh could even make the top 10...

The race is now live in the GP Rejects chatroom.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

B&S drivers aren't in here? hm, then i'll enter them in Monza instead.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

This wrote:B&S drivers aren't in here? hm, then i'll enter them in Monza instead.

The Trofeo Dino Ferrari was a non-championship race. B&S are still entered for the Tuscan Grand Prix.
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

ooh of course.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

1977 Trofeo Dino Ferrari - Race

Race
Results

Lap Chart

Fastest Lap: Jody Scheckter - 1:30.042

1) Jody Scheckter - 11/10 - Was the fastest man on track, +1 point for ballsy move on Depailler around the outside at Tamburello
2) Patrick Depailler - 8/10 - Didn't have the match of team-mate Scheckter. Was lucky to finish second after late race puncture
3) Alan Jones - 9/10 - Drove to the best of the Williams' abilities.
4) Roberto Marazzi - 8/10 - Best drive to date in old Ferrari 312T
5) James Hunt - 5/10 - Had his mind on his favourite pursuit.
6†) Elio de Angelis - 6/10 - Was set to finish 2nd, had beaten Villeneuve - but then -3 for throwing it off the road on the final lap.
7†) Gilles Villeneuve - 7/10 - Showed strong pace early in the race, but struggled with tyres in the second half. Was behind de Angelis when his engine failed on the last lap.
8) Jean-Pierre Jabouille - 6/10 - Average
9) Keke Rosberg - 9/10 - Great performance on debut.
10) Stephen South - 7/10 - Easily had the measure of Martini.
11) Giancarlo Martini - 4/10 - Exemplifying Hesketh's banishment to Pre-Q
12) Gianfranco Brancatelli - 3/10 - Poor
13) Alberto Colombo - 3/10 - A Dywa finished? +3 for finishing.
14†) Patrick Tambay - 6/10 - Could've been better.
15) Luciano Pavesi - 0/10 - Never come back
Ret) Clay Regazzoni - 8/10 - A decent result was on the cards before a puncture.
Ret) Danny Ongais - 5/10 - -4 for overcooking lapping the Hesketh and meeting the wall.
Ret) Emilio di Vilotta - 6/10 - Mostly anonymous
Ret) Piercaro Ghinzani - 8/10 - Would've finished above Matarazzi.
Ret) Carlos Reutemann - 3/10 - Took himself out lapping Colombo. Reutemann, please.
Ret) Loris Kessel - 0/10 - Dreadful
Ret) Giorgio Francia - 0/10 - Similarly dreadful
Ret) Renzo Zorzi - 9/10 - Someone hasn't told this guy he's meant to be terrible...
Ret) Nico Nicole - 1/10 - +1 for alliteration
Ret) Jean-Pierre Jarier - 5/10 - Another retirement
Ret) Tom Pryce - 2/10 - Nothing of note.

Race Video
https://youtu.be/Tr2-8A9xQdk

Budgets

Upgrades

The second slot of upgrades is still open, you have until after the Tuscan Grand Prix to place an upgrade if you have not already. If you have not yet upgraded in slot 2, please request upgrades using the following form: (please note you use the supplier row for both tyre and other supplier upgrades.)

Team Name:
This Could Be You

As we've probably earned enough money (£30k, if the IRC chat is to be believed) from a surprisingly decent performance at Imola, would it still be possible for Hesketh to purchase an Alpha chassis upgrade? I realise this will leave us with only £1705.92 of our budget left, but there isn't really any realistic chance that we can raise enough money to make it into 1978 as is so we might as well go out in style (or at least bankrupt ourselves just a little quicker and put this sorry enterprise out of its misery)
Your Signature Here

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

This wrote:Liger and B&S would like their supplier upgrades.

Upgrades
Ligier request their supplier upgrade from Elf: -350 rel
Ligier request their supplier upgrade from Michelin: +82 grip
B&S request their supplier upgrade from FINA: -300 rel
B&S request their supplier upgrade from Dunlop: -45 rel

This Could Be You wrote:As we've probably earned enough money (£30k, if the IRC chat is to be believed) from a surprisingly decent performance at Imola, would it still be possible for Hesketh to purchase an Alpha chassis upgrade? I realise this will leave us with only £1705.92 of our budget left, but there isn't really any realistic chance that we can raise enough money to make it into 1978 as is so we might as well go out in style (or at least bankrupt ourselves just a little quicker and put this sorry enterprise out of its misery)

There was a flat entry fee of£10k for every team in the Trofeo, so whilst Hesketh earnt £30k, they took home £20k in profit, meaning you are ~£8,000 short of that Alpha upgrade. In addition, Hesketh have already developed an upgrade in the second period, so even if they had the money they would not be able to upgrade.
This Could Be You

pasta_maldonado wrote:
This wrote:Liger and B&S would like their supplier upgrades.

Upgrades
Ligier request their supplier upgrade from Elf: -350 rel
Ligier request their supplier upgrade from Michelin: +82 grip
B&S request their supplier upgrade from FINA: -300 rel
B&S request their supplier upgrade from Dunlop: -45 rel

This Could Be You wrote:As we've probably earned enough money (£30k, if the IRC chat is to be believed) from a surprisingly decent performance at Imola, would it still be possible for Hesketh to purchase an Alpha chassis upgrade? I realise this will leave us with only £1705.92 of our budget left, but there isn't really any realistic chance that we can raise enough money to make it into 1978 as is so we might as well go out in style (or at least bankrupt ourselves just a little quicker and put this sorry enterprise out of its misery)

There was a flat entry fee of£10k for every team in the Trofeo, so whilst Hesketh earnt £30k, they took home £20k in profit, meaning you are ~£8,000 short of that Alpha upgrade. In addition, Hesketh have already developed an upgrade in the second period, so even if they had the money they would not be able to upgrade.

OK, that's fine, we'll wait until the next upgrade slot, by which time a few more DNPQs (hopefully some DNQs, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here) will have earned us the sufficient money, in theory.
Your Signature Here

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

1977 Tuscan Gand Prix - Pre-Qualifying

1977 Tuscan Grand Prix - Pre-Qualifying

Results

1) Martini-Renault 3:30.759
2) Lola-Ford 3:32.630 (ATS)
3) LEC-Ford 3:33.658
4) Shadow-Alfa Romeo 3:35.012
5) March-Ford 3:35.286 (Everest)
6) March-Ford 3:36.148 (Vaillante)
7) Hesketh-Ford 3:36.164
8) March-Ford 3:36.251 (Iberia)
9) Penske-Ford 3:36.603
10) Lola-Ford 3:43.474 (North Star)
11) March-Renzo 3:45.991
12) Dywa-Renzo 3:49.934
13) Wheatcroft-Renzo 4:11.834

There's no surprises up front, as Renault and ATS top the session, with John Watson again let down by Alex Ribeiro. Meanwhile, behind them, the fierce competition continued, but LEC had the upper hand, with both Patrese and Giacomelli setting representative laptimes to send the fridges through. Everest would be disappointed to not progress on home soil, Iberia and Vaillainte disappointed, and Bertram Schafer again proved his worth. At the bottom of the timesheets, William Ferguson continues to fall farther and farther out of his depth, the B&S cars are still ghastly slow, and somehow Renzo Zorzi made everybody forget he was in fact driving a Dywa.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Autosprint wrote:Zorzi destined for Ferrari?

Renzo Zorzi has been sensationally linked to Scuderia Ferrari as a mid-season replacement for the incident-prone Patrick Depailler, according to paddock rumours.

Zorzi has impressed onlookers in recent outings in the woefully inadequate Dywa-Renzo car, dragging the critically panned car into the fight with much more conventional proven equipment like private March-Fords.

He surprised many by being only six seconds off the pace in Pre-Qualifying for the Tuscan GP, a surprising achievement given the hideously unreliable and performance deficient nature of the Dywa package.

These surprising performances are said to have led to interest from Ferrari of all teams, with Zorzi spotted talking to team manager Luca di Montezemolo in the Ferrari garage on Friday.

The proposed deal is a complicated one, with Zorzi expected to 'audition' for the chance to join Ferrari. An agreement is said to be in place between Ferrari and Valtellina Racing for the former to supply the latter with one or more 412T2 cars for the Oulton Park International Gold Cup, held at the same time as the Soviet GP.

Should Zorzi do favourably compared to his expected team-mate - Italian F3 frontrunner Elio de Angelis -
he could well be in with a shot of a surprising set of appearances at La Scuderia.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

1977 Tuscan Grand Prix - Qualifying and Race

Qualifying
Results

Race
Results

Lap Chart

Fastest Lap: Jody Scheckter - 1:44.153
Drive of the Race: Jody Scheckter - Dominated the race, scoring his second grand chelem of the season.
Reject of the Race: Hector Rebaque & Francois Migault - Rebaque blocked the pit exit, preventing Mario Andretti from entering the pits, and causing the American to go for a 360 degree spin. Migault, however, removed his own rear-wing on Nurmester's nose after weaving being lapped.

1) Jody Scheckter - 10/10 - Masterclass from the reigning world champion.
2) Thomas Nurmester - 8/10 - Couldn't keep up with Scheckter
3) Mario Andretti - 8/10 - See above
4) Carlos Reutemann - 6/10 - He tried
5) Jacques Laffite - 7/10 - Best race of the season so far in terms of pace. Even lead.
6) Gunnar Nilsson - 8/10 - Scored first point of 77, and had the measure of Peterson
7) Alan Jones - 6/10 - Could've been closer to Regazzoni
8) Jacky Ickx - 5/10 - Anonymous
9) Ronnie Peterson - 5/10 - Started with promise, but faded.
10†) Clay Regazzoni - 9/10 - Robbed of 6th place by mechanical failure.
11) Tom Pryce - 4/10 - Managed to be more anonymous than his team-mate
12) Gianfranco Brancatelli - 5/10 - Honestly forgot March still existed.
13) Vittorio Brambilla - 6/10 - Could not have done anything about stat incident that ruined his race.
14†) Patrick Tambay - 3/10 - Retired from 9th.
15) Francois Migault - 0/10 - What was he thinking?
16) Riccardo Patrese - 9/10 - Respectable performance on race debut.
17) Freddy Kottulinsky - 1/10 - 4 laps down on merit.
18†) Hector Rebaque - 0/10 - Rejectful
Ret) Tom Sneva - 6/10 - Had the measure of Reutemann. Didn't trouble anybody else.
Ret) Jean-Pierre Jabouille - 5/10 - Anonymous
Ret) Emerso Fittipaldi - 0/10 - Retire already, dammit.
Ret) Rolf Stommelen - 4/10 - Drove. Retired. Nothing else to say.
Ret) Patrick Depailler - 7/10 - Was holding onto a steady third before suspension failure.
Ret) James Hunt - 8/10 - Frustration mounts with another failure.
Ret) Jean-Pierre Jarier - 3/10 - See dictionary entry for "dull"
Ret) Didier Pironi - 5/10 - Out on lap 3, nothing to say
DNQ) Mikko Kozarowitzky - 2/10 - DNQ here was just embarassing
DNQ) Bruno Giacomelli - 4/10 - Struggled with the car
DNPQ) John Watson - 7/10 - Get this man a better car.
DNPQ) Pierre Dieudonne - 6/10 - Animated performance
DNPQ) Maurizio Flammini - 5/10 - Needs to be better
DNPQ) Bertram Schafer - 6/10 - Hit the performance ceiling of the Penske
DNPQ) Leonhard von Gottorp - 5/10 - See above. Substitute Hesketh for Penske.
DNPQ) Emilio di Villota - 4/10 - Finishing a race has gotten to his head
DNPQ) Piercarlo Ghinzani - 5/10 - Meh
DNPQ) Giancarlo Martini - 3/10 - Below average.
DNPQ) Tony Trimmer - 2/10 - Would have more luck landscaping.
DNPQ) Alex Ribeiro - 1/10 - If Alex Ribeiro danced the samba like he drove this lap, he'd shart in the street.
DNPQ) Henri Pescarolo - 1/10 - If Henri Pescarolo delivered post like he drove this lap, it'd arrive 3 weeks late, chewed and in Prague
DNPQ) Herve Regout - 0/10 - Like listening to Michael Jackson's second single from his third album. Through £5 headphones. On a plane. Next to a baby with bronchitis and Jonothon Palmer complaining.
DNPQ) Harald Ertl - -1/10 - People will remember a driver called Harald. Unfortunately, not this one.
DNPQ) Renzo Zorzi - 6/10 - So surprising, he should start a jack-in-the-box business.
DNPQ) Beppe Gabbiani - 0/10 - So terrible, he should start keeping away from racing circuits
DNPQ) Lamberto Leoni - 0/10 - Just terrible
DNPQ) William Ferguson - 0/10 - Watching this lap has been likened to being forcefully assaulted with a rusty Breville.
DNPQ) Alberto Colombo - -5/10 - So terrible, Italians pretend he's French
DNPQ) Gimax - -2/10 - The car is so bad, good driving and bad driving are the same thing
DNPQ) Otto Stuppacher - -100/10 - So terrible, he should start a travelling opticians.

Race Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djynEV__8MU

Budgets

Upgrades

This is the last opportunity to buy an upgrade in Slot 2, if you have not already done so. If you have not yet upgraded in slot 2, please request upgrades using the following form: (please note you use the supplier row for both tyre and other supplier upgrades.)

Team Name:
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 05 Oct 2017, 01:12, edited 1 time in total.
Normal32

Re: Alt F1 1977: Tuscan Grand Prix Results posted

Post by Normal32 »

Fittipaldi:

Chassis upgrade [Tier, if applicable]: Zeta
Supplier upgrade [Y/N, if available]: Y
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Normal32 wrote:Fittipaldi:

Upgrades
Fittipaldi request their supplier upgrade from Dunlop: +65 grip
Fittipaldi purchase a Zeta upgrade: +198 grip
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Team Name: Team Ensign
Chassis upgrade [Tier, if applicable]: Epsilon
Engine upgrade [Y/N, if available]: N
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Wizzie wrote:Team Name: Team Ensign
Chassis upgrade [Tier, if applicable]: Epsilon

Upgrades
Ensign request their supplier upgrade from Bridgestone: 0
Ensign purchase an Epsilon upgrade: +119 grip
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

1977 Soviet Grand Prix - Pre-Qualifying

1977 Soviet Grand Prix - Pre-Qualifying

Results

1) Martini-Renault 2:20.557
2) Shadow-Alfa Romeo 2:23.396
3) Penske-Ford 2:23.507
4) MADI-Volga 2:23.722
5) Hesketh-Ford 2:24.520
6) March-Renzo 2:32.362 (Auto Moto Club Skofje Loka)

No suprises as to who tops the session, with Renault easily walking into the main session. Behind them is the surprises, with Shadow joining them in main qualifying for the first time since Monaco, and Penske for the first time since South Africa. MADI put up a good showing, but ultimately it was not enough for Sokoloff and hero of the Soviet Union Barkovskii to pre-qualify, and Hesketh miss out on their best chance of pre-qualifying this season. The three-year-old Marches of Auto Moto Club Skofje Loka were expected to be slow, and slow they were.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1977 Soviet Grand Prix - Qualifying and Race

Qualifying
Results

Race
Results

Lap Chart

Fastest Lap: Mario Andretti - 1:09.942
Drive of the Race: Mario Andretti - Storming drive.
Reject of the Race: Hector Rebaque & Francois Migault - Rebaque blocked the pit exit, preventing Mario Andretti from entering the pits, and causing the American to go for a 360 degree spin. Migault, however, removed his own rear-wing on Nurmester's nose after weaving being lapped.

Ratings (May have been edited by the KGB)
1) Mario Andretti - 10/10 - Would've passed Depailler for victory anyway, had the Frenchman not retired
2) Tom Sneva - 9/10 - It's a cliche, but "if the race was longer, he would've won"
3) Thomas Nurmester - 8/10 - The one stop was a bold strategy, just Andretti and Sneva had more pace today.
4) Jody Scheckter - 7/10 - Didn't have the pace today to win. Was held behind Regazzoni.
5) Patrick Tambay - 7/10 - Kept out of trouble. +1 for lead lap finish.
6) Ronnie Petetrson - 8/10 - After a nightmare season at Lotus, Peterson is developing into a consistent pair of hands.
7) Jacques Laffite - 5/10 - Slower than the end of a French Strike
8) Emerson Fittipaldi - 8/10 - Glimpses of his old self
9) Jacky Ickx - 6/10 - Who?
10) Vittorio Brambilla - 7/10 - Dependable drive, was battling with the Ligiers
11) Hector Rebaque - 4/10 - Only finished ahead of a Penske. Enough said.
12†) Jean-Pierre Jabouille - 5/10 - Anonymous
13†) Francois Migault - 6/10 - Much better performance with the new car
14) Bertram Schafer - 7/10 - Kept the car on the road. Start collision not his fault.
Ret) Tom Pryce - 7/10 - Really held back by the March
Ret) Alan Jones - 6/10 - Was the Ralf to Regazzoni's Michael
Ret) Gunnar Nilsson - 5/10 - Peterson had the edge today
Ret) Jean-Pierre Jarier - 4/10 - If this drive was a car, it'd be a Vauxhall Astra. Underwhelming.
Ret) Carlos Reutemann - 5/10 - Continues to do his Tony Bettenhausen impression. Just without the championship.
Ret) Patrick Depailler - 6/10 - Continues to have the attitude that poles are worth 9 points.
Ret) James Hunt - 8/10 - Like a chained up bulldog.
Ret) Gianfranco Brancatelli - 3/10 - Gianfrankly awful
Ret) John Watson - 9/10 - The Alfa engine had gotten used to only doing Pre-Q.
Ret) Clay Regazzoni - 8/10 - Could've scored a podium
Ret) Didier Pironi - 6/10 - Hardly competed
Ret) Henri Pescarolo - 5/10 - See above
DNQ) Alex Riberio - 0/10 - If that lap was a lawyer, you'd be going to prison for a long time.
DNQ) Freddy Kottulinsky - -2/10 - If being rich but horrendously slow makes you a World Champion, then Kottulinsky is a five time world champion.
1) Angelina Sokoloff - 10/10 - Better than those filthy Capitalist Western pig dogs!
DNPQ) Leonhard von Gottorp - 7/10 - Let down by car
1) Vladislav Barkovskii - 100/10 - HERO OF THE SOVIET UNION.
DNPQ) Giancarlo Martini - 3/10 - Overcooked pasta.
2) Francy Jerancic - 9/10 - Tell Tito to get in line.
2) Sead Alihodzic - 9/10 - See above.

Race Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djynEV__8MU

Budgets

Upgrades

Slot 3 is now open! Please check the spreadsheet for upgrades available in this slot. If you have not yet upgraded in slot 3, please request upgrades using the following form: (please note you use the supplier row for both tyre and other supplier upgrades.)

Team Name:
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Team Name: Brabham
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

1977 Oulton Park Gold Cup - ENTRIES

1977 Oulton Park Gold Cup
As per last year, the Oulton Park Gold Cup takes place on the same weekend as the Soviet Grand Prix. Thus, it is an opportunity for those privateers not attending the Soviet Grand Prix to compete. There will be a flat entry fee of £10,000 for all teams.

I have already received entries from Valtellina Racing, Iberia Airlines, Everest Racing and LEC. With 26 starters, this leaves a remaining 9 entries. If 9 entries from other teams are not received, then the entries will be opened up to F3/ShellSport teams. As usual, you can bring your regular drivers, or hire one-offs for no wage.

Please enter using the following form to enter (Including Valtellina, Iberia and LEC for driver selection purposes):

Privateer teams:
Team Name:
Number:
Driver #1:
Driver #2: (if making multiple bids)
Number:
Driver #1:
Driver #2: (if making multiple bids)
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Team Name: Scuderia Everest
Number: 62
Driver #1: Maurizio Flammini
Number: 63
Driver #2: Piercarlo Ghinzani

Team Name: Brian McGuire Racing
Number: 67
Driver #1: Brian McGuire
Number: 68
Driver #2: Valentino Musetti

And a Beta upgrade for Williams
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Team Name: Kojima Engineering
Number: 50
Driver #1: Masahiro Hasemi
Number: 51
Driver #2: Hans-Joachim Stuck

Team Name: Kojima Engineering
Supply Upgrade: Y
Last edited by Normal32 on 05 Oct 2017, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Team Name: ATS Racing Team
Number: 37
Driver #1: Rolf Stommelen
Number: 38
Driver #1: Mikko Kozarowitzky
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Team Name: Valtellina Racing
Number: 27
Driver #1: Renzo Zorzi
Driver #2: Gilles Villeneuve
Number: 28
Driver #1: Elio de Angelis
Driver #2: Gilles Villeneuve
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Pinkd56
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pinkd56 »

Team Name: Iberia Airlines (ESP)
Number: 41
Driver #1: Emilio DE VILLOTA
Number: 42
Driver #1: Gabriel CHÂTEAU

Team Name: Merzario
Number: 47
Driver #1: Arturo MERZARIO
Number: 48
Driver #1: Tom BELSØ
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Pinkd56 wrote:Team Name: Merzario
Number: 47
Driver #1: Arturo MERZARIO
Number: 48
Driver #1: Tom BELSØ

Merzario will use a March 751 - 76 Ford Cosworth combination.

I'll also enter a privateer into the mix:

Team Name: Penthouse British Formula One Racing Team
Number: 17
Driver #1: Robert Kagan (DEC: tommykl)
Number: 18
Driver #1: Brian Henton
Ciaran

Re: 1977 Oulton Park Gold Cup - ENTRIES

Post by Ciaran »

Well if it's only £10k to enter, and if we have just over £10k, what's the harm in entering?

Team Name: Mitsuoka
Number: 54
Driver #1: Akio Mitsuoka
Number: 55
Driver #1: Naoki Nagasaki
Manager of Calsonic Team Impul in Formula E, K-Apex in PES & Eurasian F3 and Mitsuoka in Alt-F1 '76.
My career mode thread - 1988: AGS (19pts, 9th) // 1989: Arrows (25pts, 8th, 1 win!)
You'll never DNF if you always DNPQ. #RollSafe
Dom_Wings

Re: Alt F1 1977: Soviet GP Results & Enter Oulton Park

Post by Dom_Wings »

After an agreement with Pi, I'll be taking over Tyrrell.
Join the GPR Discord server! https://discord.com/invite/6YDQ3aV
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Team Name: Vaillante
Number: 91
Driver #1: Pierre Dieudonné
Number: 92
Driver #1: Herve Regout
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Team Name: B&S Fabrications
Number: 43
Driver #1: Divina Galica
Driver #1: Guy Edwards
Number: 44
Driver #1: Ian Ashley
Driver #2 Andy Sutcliffe
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Team Name: LEC Refridgeration
Number: 60
Driver #1: Bruno Giacomelli
Number: 61
Driver #1: Riccardo Patrese
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.