ARWS 2019 - DC17 - P9 for DC15-17 deadlines

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Normal32

Re: ARWS 2019 -- AUSTRALIAN GP - Results P3. NSW GP Sunday n

Post by Normal32 »

RacingCoffee Quebec wrote:Circuit du Gilles Villeneuve fails to meet safety requirements?

Following a inspection in the local Montreal circuit, it has been rumoured that both the Quebecois and Canadian goverment are planning on shutting down the circuit due to the presence of groundhogs, which have taken over the circuit and have defeated the armed forces of Quebec in a 10-hour epic battle. The respective bodies of power have yet to refute/respond to these claims.

RacingCoffee wrote:Bathurst ARWS GP to be run at 1000 kilometers?

After a meeting following the low sales of the Australian GP, there have been attempts at trying to increase the overall attendance for ARWS racing in Australia. Most notably, a unknown businessman has been rumoured to have proposed a 1000 kilometre event to be held by 2020. Many have agreed with this viewpoint, although there is competition for the alternatives; most notably, someone suggested the revival of the Tasman Grand Prix, to be held in Symmons Plains, as well as another for the season finale to be moved at Bathurst.

Automobil-Revue wrote:Venturi "waiting" for B-Spec upgrade

Venturi have come off a rather lukewarm start to the 2019 season. Kenan Ardaoglu is injured, to be replaced by an alternating duo of Andrej Kremnicky and Nathanael Spencer, with the latter racing in a few days at New South Wales. "We are very much in dissapointment" said Sauveterre. "Although that being said, we are mostly waiting until the V-512 is ready, and we can get serious". About Ardaoglu, he said "It was somewhat of a rookie mistake, but it's forgivable and if our reports are right, there was some issues in the pit lane road, a bit dirty i think". "We hope Kremnicky can show us his worth, and Spencer his experience."

With the rumours of wet weather for Sunday in Bathurst, Venturi are very much looking like the dark horse with their incredibly well put together wet package. Commenting on this, said Sauveterre; "I think we can do something special in the Sunday". "If luck goes our way, we should be able to score some serious points".

RacingCoffee wrote:Kjellerup: Civil War

Following the crash caused by Bastiaan, Kjellerup has been divided because of the crash; many have already reportedly sided with Dagnall on the issue. Not too many people internally are happy with the crash, deeming it "a proof that Bastiaan is a clearly inferior talent compared to Dagnall". Despite these allegations, some are siding with Bastiaan, saying the crash was something completely accidental. Pro-Dagnalls are now filing a report against Bastiaan, in the hopes of having him DSQed from the race.

ARWSRapidFire wrote:Scores for drivers based on perfomance:

1. Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen - 9 - Good perfomance, although the crash with Dagnall was uncalled for.
2. Phillippe Nicolas - 10 - Largely flawless drive.
3. Alberto Cara - 9 - Held onto the position, that's good enough.
4. Gary Pacer - 7 - Great, if unspectacular, debut.
5. Salvatore Miccoli - 6 - A bit lackluster, but there's always a first time.
6. Marko Janschter - 7 - Not bad at all, but the BMW wasn't fully used.
7. Marcel Agyemang-Badu - 1 - Deadbeat.
8. Nino Barlini - 5 - Did better than expected, but that's not saying much...
9. Naoki Shinjo - 3 - Rocky season start.
10. Nick Nurmester - 2 - Inconsistent driver and chassis, not the best match.
11. Danny van Rijkens - 6 - was fairly decent
12. Hansuke Shioya - 2 - Never change, Shioya...
DNF. Alexey Buyvolov - 5 - Suspension failure lets down on him.
DNF. Fredo Mestolio - 6 - Not that bad until his car died.
DNF. Mark Dagnall - 9 - Was doing fairly well.
DNF. Dan Greenlaw - 2 - What the hell?!
DNF. Nathanael Cameron - 3 - Fairly poor display.
DNF. Akira Yamamura - 4 - Yamamura please.
DNF. John Bean - 5 - The Mechas can't do much else aside from qualifying.
DNF. Kenan Ardaoglu - 2 - What were you thinking?!
DNF. Shinobu Katayama - 4 - Meh.
DNF. Terry Hawkin - 7 - Destroyed his teammate, but his car failed.
DNF. Wouter Lamberigts - 3 - Got the Blokkmonsta to qualify, but can't do much else.
DNF. Alessandro Lucarlelli - 3 - Meh.
DNF. Martin McFry - 3 - Read: Lamberigts.
DNF. Jean-Luc Schiller - 2 - What the bathplug?!
DNQ. Daniel Martins - 4 - Can you really blame him for his package being absolute garbage?
DNQ. Gregor Pascal - 2 - Not a talented driver to begin with + terrible package = DNQ.
DNPQ. Shane Walsh - 6 - Did his best, but Dorval put an enclave on the other side of the world and he didn't make it.
DNPQ. Jesus Plaza - 5 - A decent driver held down by an abysmal package.
DNPQ. Gianluigi Pazzini - 5 - Read: Plaza.
DNPQ. Alexandre Dorval - 4 - Got held on for too long to have any clue of his perfomance..

Euromotor International wasn't included, since their rating (-10) doesn't fit into the scale.
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Vincent pleased with debut
Eric Vincent was pleased with his teams debut race at the ARWS Australian Grand Prix. " To be honest the weekend went better then we had initially hoped for. To be fastest in qualifying on our first event was great. Our aim was to get into qualifying so we achieved that goal. We almost got both cars to the finish. A lot of work still needs to be done but the team are heading in the right direction."

Van Rijkens battles damaged car
Danny Van Rijkens race engineer Paul Holburn confirmed that Van Rijkens completed the Australian Grand Prix with a damaged car. "Danny was involved in a crash at the first start. Fortunately the race was aborted so it gave as a second chance. Unfortunately we don't have a T-car at the moment so we had a race against time to repair it of course we didn't have time for a full repair so the car raced with some rear end damage. The car was quite a handful in the race and caused a few spins for him."
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

SRMP wrote:Nurminen: Adelaide was "OK"

Nurminen GP team boss Niko Nurminen was both happy and unhappy with his team's performance at the ARWS season opener in Adelaide. "For sure, it's always good to start the season with a points finish, that's a huge monkey off our backs already. Marko did a really solid job with bringing the car home. But it's clear that once other teams start developing we'll fall back unless we're ready to improve ourselves, and that's why we can't rest on our laurels. Luckily, our progress with the B-spec chassis is going fine.

As for Alessandro, that was just an amateurish error and he was unfortunate to be collected by another car. I hope he's learned something so this won't become a habit."
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Japanese Autosport wrote:Kamaha investing in upgrades

Barii Mori was seen looked a bit pained on the pitwall, his head in his hands when Yamamura retired, however he was upbeat when we interviewed him.

Not the greatest of races but we have some positives. We qualified both cars, we got a 10th which will help at the end of the season and Akira was driving a blinding race being as high as 9th, if he remained in the race he would have scored points, the fact he got the 11th fastest lap shows we do have some pace. However he hit some marbles and just lost the car, it can happen. We are spending more money on improving the car and we feel that by Morocco we should have a car that will challenge for points again. With changes to the funding it is a pretty much make or break year for us but we are confident that we will punch above our weight.

Shinobu Katayama disappointed in car

After her suspension failed during the race, Shinobu was seen during the race having a heated conversation with the race engineer and chief mechanic. Although the team deny it happened and Shinobu refused all interviews, a source close to her told us. "Shinobu was pissed, she told the team that she felt the car was off during practice and the team told her everything was okay. She tried hard but couldn't qualify as well as she wanted to and the team still told her everything was okay, even though she was pointing out that the telemetry was showing that the car was understeering a lot. When the suspension failed she went into a wall and was a little pissed at the team for not looking at the issue and told the chief mechanic that he would struggle to change a light bulb without an instruction guide, However she has told the team boss that she will put it behind her and will race 100% the next race.". Shinobu did hit the wall quite hard when her suspension gave up and she was right to be pissed but I am sure USD do not want the team fighting each other.

Kenan Ardaoglu broke little finger

Kenan Ardaoglu was all smiles in his hospital bed after his accident, talking to reporters he said, "I was doing well, before I had to come into the pits because of vibrations that the team said was a loose wheel. I was trying to over drive the car and ended up slipping on dirt and trying to over correct I smacked straight into the pit wall and got my finger caught in the steering wheel and broke my little finger. I will be out for 2 races so I will be cheering the team from the pitlane. My hand also needed 7 stitches for a gash I also sustained from some plastic shearing off and ripping into my glove, the Italian for stitch is punti and the Italian for points is also punti. So... Ho più punti rispetto alla scorsa stagione or I have more points then last season."

Pitlane cup results
Due to a technical glitch we were not able to post the results, however we are working on it and will post them tomorrow.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

In the very, very, very, short press comment after the Australian race, Euromotor just said the following words:

"Well, it was bad, but it was good"
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

FantometteBR wrote:In the very, very, very, short press comment after the Australian race, Euromotor just said the following words:

"Well, it was bad, but it was good"
James James Davies wrote:*hysterical laughter*
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Vincent hits out at Euromotor

Eric Vincent has again hit out at Euromotor after the teams performance at the opening round was described by them as "bad but it was good". "Bad is an understatement" said Vincent "it was atrocious they were seven odd seconds off the pace they could have walked around quicker then that. To say it was good they are quite clearly delusional. I suppose though they did achieve their aim of being last so it maybe thats what they meant who knows. I dont and i doubt they even do".
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

motorsport.com wrote:Jantscher rues "sub-optimal" day despite points finish

Marko Jantscher has played down the significance of his point-scoring finish in the ARWS season opener at Adelaide, claiming displeasure with his own driving.

The Nurminen driver finished 6th in the Australian Grand Prix, finishing behind MRT's Salvatore Miccoli a lap down on eventual race winner Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen.

"We started 11th, ahead of Miccoli and Pacer. We should have finished ahead." said Jantscher.

"It is my fault, I made too many mistakes. My driving was sub-optimal and I missed an opportunity for 4th."

Jantscher was more positive about the addition of BMW engines to the Nurminen package, and hailed the significant increase in performance compared to their erstwhile Holden units.

"You can see the BMWs are a big step up for us, and they are far more optimal compared to what we had before.

"When we go to Bathurst, it is important that we refocus, get the optimum from the car and move forward."
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

2019 ARWS NEW SOUTH WALES GRAND PRIX

Venue:Mount Panorama Circuit, Bathurst
Lenght:6213m
Race lenght:52 Laps
2018 winner:Alberto Cara (MRT)

Weekend weather:

Pre-Qualifying: Dry
Qualifying: Dry
Race: Wet - 70%

PRE-QUALIFYING
Watch full highlights of Pre-Qualifying here.

1. Naoki Shinjo (USD) -- 1.36.239
2. Hansuke Shioya (EVR) -- 1.36.589 (+0.350)
3. Danny van Rijkens (EVR) -- 1.36.971 (+0.732)
4. Shane Walsh (Gillet) -- 1.37.014 (+0.775)
5. Shinobu Katayama (USD) -- 1.37.440 (+1.201)
6. Alexandre Dorval (Gillet) -- 1.38.097 (+1.858)
7. Wouter Lamberigts (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.38.329 (+2.090)
8. Martin McFry (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.38.412 (+2.173)
9. Daniel Martins (Aeroracing) -- 1.38.443 (+2.204)
10. Jesus Plaza (RLR) -- 1.39.137 (+2.898)
11. Gianluigi Pazzini (RLR) -- 1.39.377 (+3.138)
12. Gregor Pascal (Aeroracing) -- 1.39.792 (+3.553)
13. Du Lon (Euromotor) -- 1.40.531 (+4.292)
14. Takuma Taki (Euromotor) -- 1.41.734 (+5.495)

* In bold, go to main Qualifying
* In italics, avoid Pre-Qualifying at next event

QUALIFYING
Watch full highlights of Qualifying here.

1. Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen (Kjellerup) -- 1.34.157
2. Alberto Cara (MRT) -- 1.34.343 (+0.186)
3. Mark Dagnall (Kjellerup) -- 1.34.656 (+0.499)
4. Salvatore Miccoli (MRT) -- 1.34.847 (+0.690)
5. Phillippe Nicolas (Voeckler) -- 1.35.197 (+1.040)
6. Alexey Buyvolov (Simpson) -- 1.35.235 (+1.078)
7. Terry Hawkin (Fusion) -- 1.35.343 (+1.186)
8. Naoki Shinjo (USD) -- 1.35.423 (+1.266)
9. Dan Greenlaw (Voeckler) -- 1.35.505 (+1.348)
10. Nathanael Cameron (Jones) -- 1.35.631 (+1.474)
11. Marko Jantscher (NRE) -- 1.35.780 (+1.623)
12. Fredo Mestolio (Venturi) -- 1.35.860 (+1.703)
13. Nino Barlini (Mecha) -- 1.36.366 (+2.209)
14. Akira Yamamura (Kamaha) -- 1.36.465 (+2.308)
15. Jean-Luc Schiller (Simpson) -- 1.36.511 (+2.354)
16. Martin McFry (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.36.783 (+2.626)
17. John Bean (Mecha) -- 1.36.819 (+2.662)
18. Nathanael Spencer (Venturi) -- 1.36.853 (+2.696)
19. Alessandro Lucarelli (NRE) -- 1.36.899 (+2.742)
20. Nick Nurmester (Kamaha) -- 1.36.934 (+2.777)
21. Marcel Agyemang-Badu (Fusion) -- 1.37.053 (+2.896)
22. Shinobu Katayama (USD) -- 1.37.165 (+3.008)
23. Gary Pacer (Jones) -- 1.37.244 (+3.087)
24. Shane Walsh (Gillet) -- 1.37.351 (+3.194)
25. Hansuke Shioya (EVR) -- 1.37.356 (+3.199)
26. Alexandre Dorval (Gillet) -- 1.37.596 (+3.439)
DNQ. Danny van Rijkens (EVR) -- 1.38.216 (+4.059)
DNQ. Wouter Lamberigts (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.38.328 (+4.171)

* In Bold, have to run in Pre-Q at next event

RACE
Watch full highlights of the Grand Prix here.

1. Mark Dagnall (Kjellerup) -- 1h 38m 29.819
2. Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen (Kjellerup) -- +40.108
3. Dan Greenlaw (Voeckler) -- +1:03.479
4. Alberto Cara (MRT) -- +1:21.411
5. Salvatore Miccoli (MRT) -- +1:46.967
6. Alexey Buyvolov (Simpson) -- +1 Lap
7. Terry Hawkin (Fusion) -- +1 Lap
8. Akira Yamamura (Kamaha) -- +1 Lap
9. Alessandro Lucarelli (NRE) -- +1 Lap
10. Jean-Luc Schiller (Simpson) -- +2 Laps
11. Shinobu Katayama (USD) -- +2 Laps
12. Gary Pacer (Jones) -- +2 Laps
13. Hansuke Shioya (EVR) -- +3 Laps
DNF. Nino Barlini (Mecha) -- Throttle
DNF. Martin McFry (Blokkmonsta) -- Engine
DNF. Philippe Nicolas (Voeckler) -- Engine
DNF. Marko Jatnscher (NRE) -- Engine
DNF. Marcel Agyemang-Badu (Fusion) -- Water Leak
DNF. Nick Nurmester (Kamaha) -- Suspension
DNF. Fredo Mestolio (Venturi) -- Accident
DNF. Nathanael Cameron (Jones) -- Accident
DNF. Shane Walsh (Gillet) -- Brakes
DNF. Naoki Shinjo (USD) -- Engine
DNF. Alexandre Dorval (Gillet) -- Engine
DNF. Nathanael Spencer (Venturi) -- Electrical
DNF. John Bean (Mecha) -- Accident

Fastest Lap: Fredo Mestolio (Venturi) -- 1:50.740
DOTR: Fredo Mestolio: Even though the accident, he was the only one to put a real show out there.
ROTR: Terry Hawkin: More like 'Terrible' Hawkin

Penalties:

Achievements:

Prison Break: EVR
The Hero We Deserve: Euromotor
Start n' Parked: Euromotor
On the board: Simpson
Consolation Prize: Simpson
Hogger: Kjellerup, MRT
Cameo: Mecha
Quick learner: MRT
Crocodile Dundee: Kjellerup, MRT, Voeckler
Last edited by Aerond on 07 May 2017, 20:46, edited 3 times in total.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
FMecha

Re: ARWS 2019 -- NSW GP - Pre-Qualifying LIVE NOW!

Post by FMecha »

Previously on ARWS...

J.O.U.R.N.A.L. wrote:"We almost proved doubters wrong about Barlini": Adriansyah
Team Mecha began their new era with an almost point after Nino Barlini, their rookie, dropped down two positions after qualifying in the last point-scoring position, while John Bean, Team Mecha's first ever point scorer, suffered from an water leak. Their results were not helped by the race's chaotic start.

Speaking to J.O.U.R.N.A.L. exclusively, Chandra Adriansyah, the team's co-principal, commented: "We almost proved the doubters wrong about Nino Barlini's performance. He got the talent, and he got the performance, by keeping himself at the top ten. However, we emphasized on almost because he haven't yet managed to score a point, and to fully prove what he can do, a point score will do."

Rob Lomas Racing mechanic allege unpaid wages
The problems over Rob Lomas Racing continued today when an mechanic working for the team, who preferred to remain anonymous, claimed the team's Chinese management have not paid him wages.

"We're supposed to get wages every race. When I applied for paycheck, the higher ups only said "yes, we'll get on it". Five days later AND still no clear reply. At this point, I'm not even surprised if they don't pay the drivers."

Rob Lomas Racing declined to comment on the situation.

:)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
DemocalypseNow

Re: ARWS 2019 -- NSW GP - Race Sunday 1PM CET

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Star Sports wrote:Bean furious at Pacer's lack of speed in qualifying

Mecha GP driver John Bean, who scored the team's only points last season, was openly furious after qualifying at Bathurst, complaining about traffic to reporters after the second session came to a close.

"Gary Pacer f****d everything, the useless c**t," he vented. "Nobody could get past. Jantscher only did because he had the BMW engine, which gave him enough straight-line power to get alongside to push him to the gravel at the final corner. Our car is fast, but we are stronger in the corners than the straight."

The British driver suggested a Top 10 qualifying place was on the cards, had Pacer not gotten in his way.

"At the top of the mountain, we are strong. But it's a one-groove section, you can attempt overtakes up there but in qualifying, you can't do anything. I tried to be sportsmanlike and not forcibly shove him into a wall or into the gravel. He did not return the favour. He parked in front of me for 3 straight laps, and kept f*****ing weaving down Conrod. In f***ing qualifying! This is not a race. What the hell is he doing, sabotaging his own qualifying laps just so he can also ruin mine, and the three other guys behind me? You are not supposed to defend a position on a hot lap. He's lost the f***ing plot."

Instead, Bean qualified only 17th, four places behind his rookie team-mate Nino Barlini. He was still far ahead of Gary Pacer however, the Canadian driver only scraping into the race in 23rd position, perhaps justifying Bean's frustration.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Vincent Frustrated with issues and Gary "Lack Of" Pacer

Eric Vincent Racing found themselves frustrated with the result of the Qualifying session which saw Shioya qualfy 25th while Van Rijkens failed to qualify for the race. "Van Rijkens car had some electrical issues preventing him from taking part in the first session" Said Eric Vincent "Shoiya was also unable to set a lap in the second session its a shame if we had some more time we could have got the cars out". Vincent also criticised Gary Pacer antics "Gary "Lack of" is a complete and utter twat holding up about 5 or 6 cars known of which could get past. God know what Gary was hoping to achieve he ruined so many peoples laps without him in the way, Danny who was stuck in that train without that we could of got both cars into the race".
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Autosport wrote:Aurélien Moll calls out John Bean for "hypocrisy" over Pacer comments.

Canadian ARWS rookie Gary Pacer was heavily criticised after holding up a large group of drivers during the qualifying session for the Bathurst round. One of the most outspoken drivers to blast Pacer was John Bean, driving for Mecha, who notably called Pacer "a useless c***".

These comments caught the attention of former ARWS driver Aurélien Moll, who was quick to point out what he perceived to be hypocrisy on the part of Bean. "Last year, in Brands Hatch, he (John Bean) was the one holding everyone up in prequalifying. That blocking stopped me from setting a quick lap, and we didn't prequalify", said Moll. "Now he's suddenly the one being held up, and it's a major crime?" Moll later elaborate on his rant, claiming that "Pacer's blocking was a shockingly bad piece of driving, but John [Bean] should show some self-awareness about these things."
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Autosport wrote:Aurélien Moll calls out John Bean for "hypocrisy" over Pacer comments.

Canadian ARWS rookie Gary Pacer was heavily criticised after holding up a large group of drivers during the qualifying session for the Bathurst round. One of the most outspoken drivers to blast Pacer was John Bean, driving for Mecha, who notably called Pacer "a useless c***".

These comments caught the attention of former ARWS driver Aurélien Moll, who was quick to point out what he perceived to be hypocrisy on the part of Bean. "Last year, in Brands Hatch, he (John Bean) was the one holding everyone up in prequalifying. That blocking stopped me from setting a quick lap, and we didn't prequalify", said Moll. "Now he's suddenly the one being held up, and it's a major crime?" Moll later elaborate on his rant, claiming that "Pacer's blocking was a shockingly bad piece of driving, but John [Bean] should show some self-awareness about these things."

John Bean wrote:Moll's comments? He is the truly forgetful one here. He spent so much time knocking his own front wing off - three times I'm sure - I didn't get a chance to block him!

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

James James Davies wrote:I told ya Gary Pacer was a loser. Guy obviously has Dan freakin' Moreno as his idol - you can't be that freaking useless by accident. It takes a real concerted effort to be that abysmal. Here's a tip: get your ass back in AR3.5, you don't belong here.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

De Telegraaf wrote:Setup to blame for van Nieuwenhuijzen performance at Bathurst

After a dominant race win by three times ARWS champion Mark Dagnall, his young Dutch team-mate Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen was left to settle for second at the New South Wales Grand Prix.

The Maaskantje native put his troubles down to a gamble on setup that had worked on Saturday but backfired on Sunday.

"We went down the dry setup path," he explained aftewards. "It got us a comfortable pole position, but then the rain came down at a volume we didn't quite expect. We had anticipated showers, but the track was drenched. I had to take it easy, the car was too low, the risk of aquaplaning was quite high."

While it was a disappointing race for the championship leader, he was quick to point out the positives for his Kjellerup team as a whole, deflecting from his own issues.

"The important thing is for the team, we scored a maximum 17 points today. Taking advantage of these early races where we have an advantage is important. We probably should have scored 17 points last time in Adelaide also, but we made up for it here at least. We are leading both championships, this is the priority.
Both myself and Mark are aware that our responsibilities are to the team and not ourselves, and we will continue in this way."

La Gazzetta dello Sport wrote:Miccoli laments poor strategy for middling result at NSW GP

Salvatore Miccoli's difficult introduction to ARWS continued after finishing half a minute behind his MRT team-mate, Alberto Cara, at the New South Wales GP.

Miccoli was quick to identify the issue however, controversially putting the blame squarely at the feet of his team, rather than himself.

"It was not a great race. The problem was the strategy," he explained post-race. "The car was okay, not great,
but workable. We did not have the right tyres for this event, the Bridgestones and Goodyears are clearly better for these conditions, but even so, the main problem was being on a 2 stop race."

"A single stop was the fastest way, but I was on the alternate strategy to try and cover Mestolio, which didn't work anyway."

While he did finish some way behind Cara on track, there were no cars between him and his Tropican team-mate, leading to second consecutive 5th placed finish, and another two points on the board. He now lies 6th in the World Championship, albeit with only half the points of his more experienced team-mate.

L'Equipe wrote:Voeckler optimistic despite mixed fortunes at Bathurst

Following a second consecutive podium finish for the Voeckler team, but also a second consecutive retirement, team principal Frederic-Maxime Voeckler insisted today's race at Bathurst was cause for optimism.

"Unfortunately it hasn't been possible to compete with the Kjellerup cars yet, but we've proven across the opening two races we have a slight advantage over MRT, which is a big positive," he said. "We have a big upgrade coming for Suzuka, which will hopefully close the gap up to Kjellerup and make us more competitive."

Voeckler have only had one car reach the finish of each of the two races this season, whilst MRT have gotten both cars home on both occasions, yet the French team still has a one point advantage over the factory BMW team in the WCC.

"It is more important at this point to have the performance than the reliability," he continued. "Reliability can be fixed more easily than simply being slow. Our drivers are also pretty evenly matched, both are capable of exploiting the potential of the car. The basics are in place, we just need to refine the package to take that next step to a race win."

Rejectsport wrote:Pressure mounts on under-fire Pacer

After being on the receiving end of a barrage of criticism after qualifying at Bathurst, Gary Pacer followed up his lethargic Saturday performance with a woeful showing in the second Jones-Ford, finishing two laps down in 11th place.

Despite securing points on his ARWS debut at Adelaide, critics have been rapid in jumping to criticise the Canadian youngster, with many observers questioning his place in the team.

"Pacer bought himself some time at Adelaide, but it's a ticking clock," commented Antonio Della Valle, the former team manager at the Scuderia Alitalia team, who now works as a pundit for RAI. "You look at the qualities demonstrated by Nathanael Cameron in the other car, and there is light-years between these two."

Despite these comments, Della Valle did not point the finger directly at Pacer himself, but rather his management and entourage, for failing him in his development from junior driver to ARWS competitor.

"In the end, this is not the lad's fault. Plus One messed him around and stunted his development," he hypothesised. "They made a complete mess of his progress from the first steps in single seaters to ARWS.
They were in too much of a hurry to move him up the levels, yanking him out of the third tier before he'd even done a full season, then had a budget shortfall and he didn't get any racing in for an entire year before coming back. Plus One messed him about."

Della Valle pointed to the credence of his own junior program experience for the criticism, explaining his own experiences at Scuderia Alitalia.

"You look at the three guys who were involved with the Alitalia Juniores back in the past. It was Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen, Salvatore Miccoli and Dan Greenlaw. All three of these guys are in the top three teams of ARWS today. That is no accident. Their paths were carefully plotted. Voeckler made a bit of a hash of managing Miccoli when they took over the programme after the buyout, but we laid the solid foundations for that."

"Plus One on the other hand are clueless. You look at their other talents, like Harmsky, he also had lots of potential and he's just been left to rot, bouncing around categories with no clear path."

"For me, this is the problem with Pacer. He is not a complete driver. Psychologically he is broken, lost in the haze. There is no clarity in his thinking. He doesn't know how to rally from a bad day, he was struggling and it reflected in the behaviour of his driving. The best drivers take these days in their stride and battle. Hawkin had a catastrophic day, a couple of mistakes early on and then technical problems, and he still rallied to get points. This is the difference between an average driver and a quality driver. Pacer doesn't have that, because he was never taught it."

Della Valle then turned to his immediate future, suggesting his future was tied to the strength of his financial backing alone.

"For me, I think if he has the funding, he will stay at Jones," he continued. "The team does not look economically stable at this moment, and breaking the contract with Pacer may lose them too much money.
I think though that as soon as it's economically viable for them to release him, he will be gone. Also they will only do so when a reasonable replacement is available."

"To that end, I think as soon as Peak Aeroracing goes to the wall, and Daniel Martins becomes a free agent,
the change will be made. The Jones team needs someone experienced to help carry them through this storm,
and Martins would be a reasonable short-term choice for this."

Image Image
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

J.O.U.R.N.A.L. wrote:Internal telemetry says Bean pushed too hard in slippery, difficult section
An internal investigation, carried out by Team Mecha Racing, on the cause of John Bean's shunt during the fifth lap of the New South Wales Grand Prix has been released as a part of team's post-race press release. According to the telemetry logs, it is emerged that Bean pushed too hard in a very slippery section of an already difficult section of the track.

The team's principal, Mahmud Effendi commented, "We just had a quick look at Bean's telemetry following his crash early during the race, and it seems that he pushed a bit too hard in The Dipper, a difficult section of the track, which was also very slippery. That's a disaster waiting to happen."

Chandra Adriansyah also commented on Bean's condition that he "had no injuries and reported that he was fine with slight shock" after the shunt and that he will participate in the next race as usual.

:)
Last edited by FMecha on 08 May 2017, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Automobil-Revue wrote:Venturi happy with NSW GP perfomance

Following the rather hectic GP at Bathurst, Samuel de Sauveterre came out with a press conference.

"We are quite happy with our results here, as we weren't even expecting to be outpacing the field this badly."
said Sauveterre to the press. "This might be our future." He then followed it with several remarks about engine power. "The feedback given by Mestolio post-race showed a lack of pace in the straights, which was the main detriment against Bastiaan." "We have updated the powerplants to a more recent version, in order to alleviate some of the issues suffered by the team."

About the car, he said "We are introducing brand new upgrades, and now the V-512, as it is called, will debut in the Kinki Grand Prix at Suzuka." "We are very confident that this new chassis, alongside wet weather, will make us serious candidates for the win at certain races." When asked specifications, he said "The chassis has evolved; the structure is largely the same, but we have updated the airbox slightly, and most of the stuff changed it's internal rather than external, with much more optimization for wet weather as well as significantly easier oval handling. We are hoping this chassis can carry us to something special."

When talking about the future of the team, he said; "Well... we have some big changes for the future. And let's leave it at that."

RacingCoffee+ wrote:Designers reveal the V-512; a overhaul of Venturi
Today, at a press conference in Paris, France, was revealed the "new" chassis: the Venturi V-512. Alongside the rumoured Kjellerup B-Spec, it will debut in the Kinki Grand Prix.

Designer Jean-Marie Deschamps explained; "This is a chassis that improves on every aspect of the original." "With this, I think frequent visits to the top 12 in qualifying are our objective. The chassis is a bit lighter, bringing down the weight of the car by 20kg. The new parts have significantly improved perfomance.

One of the mechanics, Adolfo Abatagiovanni, said; "We are hoping also that reliability is gonna improve, and the car's inconsistency issues are solved. Wet weather perfomance has actually gone beyond the threshold, which is quite impresive."

Deschamps concluded: "This is our trick. Hopefully it sticks."

GriffithAutoSport.com wrote:Jones; How The Mighty Have Fallen
by: Shad Griffith

Now, remember when Jones was actually good? Yeah, me neither. This team has been in decline since 2018, starting with the ill-handling 114, a average car that by all accounts was awful reliability and handling wise. Then, the team decided to hire two inexperienced drivers; Nathanael Cameron and Gary Pacer.

These aren't bad drivers at all, but they need more development; they are way too undercooked to make it into the big leagues. Perfect example; Gary Pacer all weekened. He couldn't get a hold of himself on track, and was very erratic all weekend long. Cameron was also very erratic, crashing and costing the team points.

Now, what cause this decline?, Well, I have cooked up the following reasons;

1. The Ford engines

Of course, a good chassis is nothing without a good engine, and this is the case. The Jones 117 is a fine chassis, there's no Ifs and Buts, but, the engine is severely underpowered, and it seems very very outdated compared to, say, the Renault or Yamahas, or even the Holdens and Pure-Harts. The engine is probably the 3rd worst after the Audi and Great Wall.

2. Rookies
I already mentioned this before, but the rookies won't work if you don't develop them enough. Now, add to that, they can't really offset the engine deficit, because of their lack of experience and preparation. Not to mention, they are in a top team, which makes them all the more vunerable to severe pressure from higher-ups.

3. Competition
Jones can't afford risks; that risk could very well backfire, as it did here. Why do I say this? Well, it's very evident that competition has raised to a significant level in 2018 and 2019, with the grid being more competitive than ever. You can't afford to hire rookies, or try and wrestle with Ford, when you have such a big competition. This is the main reason; they keep taking gambles that don't pay off, being safe with engine upgrades, and their competition is in a whole other level.

AUTOSPORT+ wrote:"Expect to see the same DNPQers" - Kremnicky

Kremnicky, after the NSW GP, was caught saying this;

"I expect to see the same DNPQers for all races. This is not because I have a bias against the other teams,
but they are all fundmentally flawed, one way or another."

"Aeroracing for starters. Terrible chassis and engine, alongside a has-been and a pay driver, and you have a recipe for disaster."

"RLR has Chinese investment, and as you can expect, it's an underpowered dog of a car that can't hold it more than a few minutes, with a severely troubled 793 BHP."

"Euromotor... no comments."

ARWSRapidFire wrote:Scores for drivers based on perfomance:

1. Mark Dagnall - 10 - Not even throttle issues stopped him today.
2. Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen - 9 - Botched start ruined his win.
3. Dan Greenlaw - 9 - Was great out there.
4. Alberto Cara - 8 - Can you blame him for his less-than-stellar perfomance?
5. Salvatore Miccoli - 7 - It was a bit meh...
6. Alexey Buyvolov - 8 - Capitalized on Hawkin's idiocy to get some points home.
7. Terry Hawkin - 0 - No.
8. Akira Yamamura - 9 - Did miracles on the age-old Kamaha.
9. Alessandro Lucarelli - 4 - Was sort of there.
10. Jean-Luc Schiller - 2 - Lost 2 FWs in just 2 laps.
11. Shinobu Katayama - 3 - Woeful outing.
12. Gary Pacer - 0 - Just awful.
13. Hansuke Shioya - 3 - What can you expect from this scrub?
DNF. Nino Barlini - 4 - That Mecha doesn't have much pace beyond lap does it?
DNF. Martin McFry - 3 - I want some fries.
DNF. Phillippe Nicolas - 7 - Was doing very well up until his engine smoked.
DNF. Marko Janschter - 5 - Bleh.
DNF. Marcel Agyemang-Badu - 2 - Do you expect anything from him?
DNF. Nick Nurmester - 3 - Driving the Kamaha ain't easy...
DNF. Fredo Mestolio - 11 - Aside from the crash, one of the best drives I have seen.
DNF. Nathanael Cameron - 2 - Ruined his team of much valuable points.
DNF. Shane Walsh - 4 - Meh.
DNF. Naoki Shinjo - 6 - Was in the top 10 when he retired.
DNF. Alexandre Dorval - 4 - Meh.
DNF. Nathanael Spencer - 6 - Was doing respectably before his electricals failed.
DNF. John Bean - 4 - Meh.
DNQ. Danny van Rijkens - 5 - Shame he got held up in his hotlap.
DNQ. Wouter Lamberigts - 3 - Not that surprising, really...
DNPQ. Daniel Martins - 4 - Can't do much in the shitebox he is in.
DNPQ. Jesus Plaza - 3 - Not much he can't do either.
DNPQ. Gianluigi Pazzini - 3 - Read: Plaza.
DNPQ. Gregor Pascal - 2 - He is a terrible driver.

Driver Of The Day: Fredo Mestolio - 11
Reject Of The Day: Terry Hawkin / Gary Pacer - 0
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

RejectSport write
Australia's Curse for USD

Union Saver Developments' boss, Karl Lichter Shultz was somewhat neutral after the ARWS round at Bathurst, as he himself told us. "This was a weekend of contrasts. Following our lack of pace at Adelaide, suddenly we were on the pace from the friday! Shinjo doing a sensational lap to top the charts, even if he spin out trying to improve his time. My only gripe was Katayama's 1-lap stunt. Not only that left us still on Pre-Qualifying, but put us in danger of not running at all! Fortunately both Shinjo and Katayama put the cars on the grid, Shinjo a superb 8th place and Katayama, even with the traffic issue, needs to improve her qualy. The race itself were one and one, with Shinjo going out with an engine issue, but Katayama holding her guns and finishing a fine 11th after starting at the back. It's worrying that we had have 2 engine blownups in 2 straight races. While Daihatsu has given us an engine with enough power to fight on the higher grid, they need to check their design after this issues. With some luck, we'll have the answer for the next round."

Naoki Shinjo wrote

A "what could've been" story today, but let's start with the action at Friday. The car felt fast, so fast that I only really needed 1 lap to top the charts. And so fast that I almost put it on the wall trying to improve (lol). In main qualifying I had the luck to have open track, no traffic, and put the car in a fantastic 8th. I had to admit that I was caught asleep at the start. Losing 2 places wasn't funny at all, but by passing Hawkin, I demonstrated the potential of the car. With Bathurst long straights we could have the chance to play with our rivals' slipstream. Sadly, I made a mistake that allowed Hawkin to pass me again and it was a 3-way battle along Janschter for some 8 laps until Hawkin made a mistake, and then, my engine died. It's a shame, because I wanted to complete the race after running so badly last year.
Peteroli34

Re: ARWS 2019 -- NSW GP - Results P4. Kinki GP next weekend!

Post by Peteroli34 »

Ramsay's Fusion Nightmare

A special episode of Ramsay Kitchens Nightmares aired last night on channel 4. The episode saw Ramsay visit the Fusion facility after a scathing review by the Foods Standards Agency. Ramsay was highly critical nicknaming the team "F***sion" and claiming that they were the "S***est cooks i have ever seen but still a billion times better at it then racing." After several highly heated confrontations with the team boss Ramsay left unable and unwilling to help the team any further. Fusion responded stating "some minor disagreements". While rival team bosses have tweated that Ramsay's b****cking of Fusion was the best thing they had ever seen.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Racer wrote:Are 'oval ringers' about to materialise in ARWS?

Once upon a time, NASCAR was known for a proliferation of substitute drivers who would appear at events like Watkins Glen and Sonoma every season, known as road course ringers. These drivers, often competent in GT racing or other tin-top road course disciplines, would migrate twice a year to struggling teams in need of a points-boosting result.

Drivers like Boris Said, Ron Fellows and Scott Pruett became well known for their infrequent jaunts into America's most popular form of motorsport, and whilst none ever claimed victory in a bonafide Cup series event, several came very close.

With the AutoReject World Series taking the Indianapolis oval as a championship round for the first time, this is new territory for many drivers, who have never set foot on an oval before. Question marks are being raised about some drivers' abilities to get the most out of their cars at the Brickyard. Names who were previously at the outer fringes of European single-seater racing are suddenly at the fore once more.

The strongest rumour of all in the paddock is the return to ARWS of Jack Christopherson. Whilst the Brit was not particularly successful in his short stint in the championship back in 2014, he did take victory in two non-championship races around the Brickyard - the Indianapolis World 800 - in 2013 and 2014 for Jones Racing.
Christopherson is also a past winner of the biggest race of them all, the Indianapolis 500.

Those oval credentials have attracted the attention of one team in particular in the past, that of Fusion Racing. At the tail end of 2018, he was invited to race for the newly crowned ARWS champions at Walt Disney World Speedway. Showing he hadn't lost any of his talent despite no longer racing full-time, he snatched pole position, although a technical failure robbed him of a chance for victory that day.

That once dominant team from last year is suddenly languishing down in 7th place in the Constructors' Championship, without a single point on the board after the opening two rounds. They are in need of a boost,
and a huge result at the 500KM of Indianapolis is just the pick-me-up the team desperately needs.

If paddock whispers are to be believed, senior staff at Fusion are evaluating whether to bring Christopherson in to substitute for Marcel Agyemang-Badu, who has so far underwhelmed onlookers. With the extreme variance in oval experience and capability in the current ARWS field, the team is pondering whether it is the best chance all season they would have for a driver to compensate for the drawbacks of the car - especially as they still have the potent Renault engine powering the out of date chassis design.

Fusion are not the only team evaluating this option though. Simpson Motorsports are said to be evaluating utilising one of their former junior charges, Michael Robertson, who has a full year's experience in F1RICS with Il Barone Rampante. While his ARWS results with Holden were lacking last year, he has two race victories at ovals Stateside, so is no slouch when it comes to turning left. With Jean-Luc Schiller underperforming in comparison to his Russian team-mate Alexey Buyvolov, the team may see an opportunity for a points-boosting result.

Some teams are even considering going all-in on this strategy. Venturi, a team noted for its unorthodox approach to team management - which almost led to an incredible podium finish at Bathurst - reputedly has a Hail Mary option in its back pocket. While their second driver Kenan Ardaoglu already being comfortable on ovals, having raced in the same series as Christopherson and Robertson, the inexperienced driver - in terms of ovals at least - within the Venturi squad is Fredo Mestolio. Unlike the others previously mentioned, the Italian is the experienced team-leader of the squad, and yet is still at risk of being benched for Indianapolis anyway.

Enter Ashley Cassidy. The feisty American is one of the fastest drivers in the IndyCar series, but has no experience in European style single-seaters. No matter, it seems, as Venturi are on the verge of bringing her in for a one-race deal in place of Mestolio, the latter supposedly uncomfortable with the thought of racing on superspeedways such as Indy.

While other series head in the direction of generalists, where drivers are expected to be adept in every type of track thrown at them, ARWS may well be the one exception heading in the other direction. While there may be many new faces, or long forgotten faces, returning to the ARWS grid at Indy, the grid may seem all-too familiar to those in the grandstands. More familiar than they may well have expected.

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

DemocalypseNow wrote:
Racer wrote:Are 'oval ringers' about to materialise in ARWS?

Don't forget that Douglas Mann has a history in oval racing too!!! ;)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Rejectsport wrote:Schnass: "A long, but exciting road ahead"
Andrea Schnass released his first press release in several weeks, despite the Auto Rejects World Series having finished two races so far. The owner of Blokkmonsta Grand Prix expressed support and gratitude for the first few races of the season. "We can get into races just fine, though we always need to stay on top of things so we can stay that way.

When asked about his drivers he was more diverting. "The team's pace is always a work-in-progress, and I assure you that the team will keep sharpening its pace on race day to make sure we're giving it our all in our quest for points.

Schnass declined to comment on the recent lack of consistency on his drivers. "Take that up with the drivers, they drive the cars after all."

Motorsport Minute wrote:Blokkmonsta Claims Cyberattack as Cause of Website Difficulties

Blokkmonsta Motorsport claims that its recent inactivity on its website was due to a cyberattack that compromised the site's coding. The team released a report on Monday that someone tried to alter the code of the site without administrative permission, and left the code as difficult to alter afterward.

"We're making sure that this won't happen again. We don't suspect any foul play by other teams and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused for our fans and for our associates."

Nicolas Steele wrote:I leave for a few days on suddenly I can't access the team's development data. But now it's back and we're doing our best to keep up and make up time lost.

So far we've been able to get the car onto the grid, but it's too close for comfort. The other teams will certainly be developing in-between races. But with a recent influx of funding I'm quite confident that we can keep this streak going.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

RejectSport wrote:Rennis: "We need to bring our A-Game"

MRT Team Principal Don Rennis has admitted that MRT have dropped the ball in the early races of the ARWS season. Fresh off two races where the team was largely outclassed by title rivals Kjellerup and Voeckler, Rennis has stated the team needs to improve in order to keep up.

"Frankly, we've been blown out of the water in all regards by the guys ahead of us so far," admitted Rennis. "We're not quite where we want to be in terms of car performance, and we've been sloppy on the strategy and driver performance front as well. We need to bring out A-Game in order to stand a chance against the teams ahead of us."

Despite the admission, Rennis still found reason to be optimistic that the team will recover their earlier form.

"The guys back in Cologne have been working day and night to develop a new aero package for the car, and our two drivers Alberto and Salvatore are both highly talented young guys that we want to build the next five to ten years around. We have the ingredients there to be successful. We just need to put it all together and I have full confidence we will."

The MRT stable lie a distant third behind Kjellerup and Voeckler heading into the third round at Suzuka, Japan.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AutoFiction wrote:ARWS WRAP: Danny van Wreckjins?

The jury has been out for Danny van Rijkens for the better part of 18 months, and after the first two rounds of the ARWS season, he has failed to silence the critics. After being involved in no less than five separate accidents over the course of the Adelaide race, the South African journeyman failed to even make the grid for Eric Vincent Racing at Bathurst. Having been tasked with leading the team through their first season, van Rijkens is currently getting a failing grade.

At the heart of the matter is after his breakout year in 2017, van Rijkens' career has plateaued with the demise of Gauthier and his dismissal from NRE. Now with his career well and truly on the ropes, it's now up to Danny to silence the doubters and take advantage of the package EVR have given him and lead the team forward, before it's too late.

ARWS WRAP: The Great Wall of Big Plans

The first two races of the 2019 ARWS season have not been kind to Rob Lomas Racing. After scoring the coup of a technical partnership with MRT, the team have struggled to turn it into any meaningful results. Neither Jesus Plaza or Gianluigi Pazzini have made a start this year, and much of the blame has fallen at the feet of engine supplier Great Wall.

That is all set to change however. Word in the Chinese media is that the manufacturer is in the midst of an aggressive development program, which is set on bringing the engine up to par with the other manufacturers in the series. Great Wall have reportedly booked significant dyno time blocks at the MRT Engine workshop in Cologne, as well as track testing in Zhuhai with a previous-generation ARWS car to fast-track the program. Only time will tell whether it will bring results to the Lomas squad.

ARWS WRAP: Pacer not keeping pace?

Of all the rookies in the ARWS field in 2019, former AR3.5 frontrunner Gary Pacer has had by far the most difficult induction to the series. Amidst a rebuilding year for former champions Jones Racing, the Canadian has been under heavy fire from all comers. Despite scoring a fine fourth place in the season opener, his qualifying and race antics in Bathurst have earned the ire of many of his peers up and down the paddock, and the pressure does not look like relenting.

The mortal blow might be yet to come however, with rumours circling around the paddock that Kamaha driver Akira Yamamura might be about to defect to the Jones squad. The young Japanese driver has been a revaluation since joining the team midway through 2018, but is now at odds with the team. Looking for a team and car that would justify his obvious talent and with Nathanael Cameron on a long-term deal with Jones Racing, it looks likely that any move by Yamamura would come at the expense of Pacer.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Japanese Autosport - Official partner of the Pitlane Cup wrote:
Pitlane Cup - Group Stages

Group A

All the teams had a chance to get to the knock out phase, although MRT and Nurminen looked in the better position to do so.

In the match Nurimen surprised when they played a tight 6-3-1 formation which lead to Fusion finding it difficult to play the ball into the box. Most of the first half saw the ball stay mainly in the middle of pitch with any attacks on either end quickly being snuffed out.

Simpson tried to play very offensively in the first half, trying a 3-3-1-3 formation and they were getting the ball into the MRT box but failed to convert the chances they had with 20 minutes of the game played they had 16 attempts with only 3 on target. MRT were great at playing the counter attack and scored their first 30 minutes into the game, 3 minutes later they were 2-0 up. Simpson kept pressing and before half time scored.

Fusion did some changes and put some tall players to help the strikers and attempted a long ball game with a interesting 6-0-4 formation. 10 minutes into the second half they got the ball into the net but the linesman waved for offside, in fact 4 times in the next 20 minutes they would score and be flagged for offside. Nurimen responded by putting more players in defence. However the final whistle blew and the game ended 0-0 killing any chance Fusion had of getting to the knock out stage.

Simpson did keep pressing but failed to find the net, MRT subbing both strikers and a midfielder in the 80th minute and the extra pace they had bamboozled the Simpson defence to net the third and what was the final goal. Leading to MRT topping the group with Nurimen going through with 3 draws.

Code: Select all

Nurimen 0-0 Fusion 
Simpson 1-3 MRT

Group A         P W D L F A GD Pts
MRT             3 2 1 0 8 2  6 7
Nurminen        3 0 3 0 4 4  0 3
Simpson         3 0 2 1 5 7 -2 2
Fusion          3 0 2 1 1 5 -4 2

Group B

Kamaha until now had struggled woefully to find the goal, with 1 goal in their last two games. Kjellerup with 3 games played looked in a good position to clean up. Kamaha did make many changes and even flew in one of their Japanese fans in the form of a professional footballer to play. They played in a 4-3-2-1 Christmas tree formation. Kjellerup stuck with how they played in their first three games. From kick off, Kamaha played well and 30 seconds later the Kjellerup goalkeeper was taking the ball out of the back of the net. A reinvigorated Kamaha then went on to score like it was going out of fashion and before half time were thrashing Kjellerup 5-0. Then their star player, slowed up and clutched their leg and limped off the pitch, the game continued before the whistle went. At half time the news was that the star player pulled a hamstring and would not play further. Kjellerup went for broke and played 3-2-5 and went from having 3 attempts at goal in the first half to 3 attempts at goal in the first 2 minutes of the second half, it would not be long before a clueless Kamaha let a goal in and a minute later another one. Changes were made to the defence and Kamaha were basically putting every one in defence and it worked, although a nice long range effort from Kjellerup floated into the top corner but despite pushing Kjellerup couldn't find any more goals.

Gillet were playing to win and played aggressively against USD. USD knew a win would give them a good chance of qualifying. In the first half both teams had good chances but neither of them could convert but it was a great game to watch it made you forget that you were watching amateurs. In the second half Gillet brought on their secret footballer secret weapon. However it would be USD who found the net first with a free kick from just outside the box, even the scorer couldn't believe he found the net. Gillet dug deep but ten minutes from full time were still 1-0 down, however a blinding run from the half way line by the secret weapon unleashed what could be goal of the competition. It was heading to a draw when a last ditch corner saw the Gillet goalkeeper run across the pitch in time to surprise a defender and get his head to the ball to give Gillet the win.

With USD and Venturi having no chance of qualifying their game was academic and USD played better to get a 2-0 win.

Kamaha could do with a draw but Gillet needed to win and with so much at stake, Kamaha did what they did best and played super defensively. With half an hour gone, they had managed to hold off Gillet with Gillet having 37 attempts at goal but only having 6 on target (compared to Kamahas zero attempts). An accidental handball in the Kamaha box gave Gillet a penalty and Gillet wasted no time in scoring. The game quickly restarted and Kamaha booted the ball from the half way line and it looked like it was going out so the Gillet goalkeeper left it but was feeling red faced when the ball landed yards away from the goal and bounced off a divet and went into the net as he stretched. Gillet made a number of changes during half time and brought on all their tallest workers and started to play direct ball and floated balls in. It paid off as headers went towards the goal and within 20 minutes it was 2-1, Gillet piled the pressure on and scored another to make it 3-1. Gillet ended up topping the group with Kamaha crashing out.

Kjellerup 3-5 Kamaha
USD       1-2 Gillet
USD       2-0 Venturi
Kamaha    1-3 Gillet

Group B         P W D L  F  A GD Pts
Gillet          4 2 1 1 11  9  2 7
Kjellerup       4 2 1 1  8  8  0 7
USD             4 2 0 2  5  4  1 6
Kamaha          4 2 0 2  7  7  0 6
Venturi         4 1 0 3  5  8 -3 3

Group C

If you were a betting person you probably would have said that Rob Lomas Racing and Voeckler would qualify easily but the game likes to throw up surprises.

RLR played Euromotor who had found the net but looked week in defence and were probably looking at another defeat. However before the game a number of the team had decided not to play in protest over unpaid wages of certain staff members. Which meant a number of the Chinese sponsors stepped in to play. It was a very scrappy game with both sides looking like they were school kids playing in the park. Euromotor broke the deadlock 10 minutes before half time with a scrappy goal. RLR had to make changes as some of the sponsors were out of shape. Euromotor kept pushing forward and were 2-0 up 15 minutes into the second half. RLR seemed to try everything toi get the ball into the Euromotor half when a long ball met the head of Euromotor player and it got deflected into the net. After what seemed days, the Referee brought the game to a close with Euromotor celebrating like they had just won a Grand Prix despite being last.

Still RLR knew that Voeckler would beat Jones and would qualify anyway.... Voeckler looked like they were playing to the hymn sheet as they scored with a fantastic strike from just outside the box, ten minutes into the game. Jones managed to hold Voeckler off for the rest of the half. Voeckler then did a couple of changes to give some of the less talented staff some play time. One of these players a Glaswegian truck driver was dribbling the ball into the Jones half when he was cleanly tackled but fell over the foot of the Jones player, he got up and gave the Jones player a Glasgow Kiss which saw the Jones player fall to the floor, the Referee and players rushed in and the Voeckler captain started to shove on of the Jones players out of the way. The Referee sent off the two players which gave Voeckler only 9 men. Jones exploited the lack of numbers and scored within 5 minutes, followed by another a few minutes later. Voeckler tried desperately to save the game but were out matched and ten minutes before half time were 3-1 down. Management were telling Voeckler to defend as they had heard the RLR scoreline and another goal would see RLR through. However some great defending saw the score stay the same and Voeckler qualified ahead of RLR on goals scored..

RLR      1-2 Euromotor
Voeckler 1-3 Jones

Group C         P W D L  F  A GD Pts
Jones           3 2 0 1  6  4  2 6
Voeckler        3 1 1 1 10  9  1 4
Lomas           3 1 1 1  7  6  1 4
Euromotor       3 1 0 2  5  9 -4 3

Group D

Every team has a chance of making it to the knock out stage, although all the teams seemed to play quite randomly in regard to results. Most people would assume that Aeroracing might beat Mecha after they beat Blokkmonsta where Mecha could only manage a draw. And Blokkmonsta should beat Vixen after their defeat against Mecha where as they held them to a draw.

Mecha sent out a team with several new faces with Aeroracing being unchanged. Mecha kicked off and started to play slow, passing football, it would be 8 minutes before an attempt at goal happened and when it did the crowd were in for a treat as a superb hit ball curved into the top right corner giving the goalkeeper no chance. Aeroracing tried to play but always seemed to get closed down and tackled. However the next goal came 10 minutes before half time when the ball was bundled into the net by Mecha. Aeroracing started getting frustrated and went in with crunching tackles. It wasn't long before the Referee sent off an Aeroracing player for dangerous play with a studs shown tackle. At the start of the second half, Aeroracing played hard and got two more players booked for shouldering offences but the play worked as Mecha players backed off too much and allowed Aeroracing a shot on goal which they took and scored. However a second yellow saw another player sent off and with 9 men Aeroracing crumbled and despite defending bravely saw another three goals scored and they ended up losing 5-1.

The Blokkmonsta team got a bollocking from their coach and were told to play like they wanted to win. Although they go balls into the box, Vixen managed to snuff out all the dangers and a good counter attack saw Vixen rattle the woodwork not once or twice but 6 times as they attempted to get the ball into the goal, the ball ultimately going wide. Some colourful language saw the Referee book the coach but Blokkmonsta pressed forward again and were rewarded with a set piece clinical goal. After Half time, Blokkmonsta played more aggressively and Vixen crumbled as they did not get a shot on goal for the rest of the game but they defended well but were powerless to stop a blistering shot from just outside the penalty are from a rebounded ball and 5 minutes before time when the ball deflected off a hapless Vixens players bottom into goal.

Mecha  5-1 Aeroracing 
Vixen  0-3 Blokkmonsta

Group D      P W D L F A GD Pts
Mecha        3 2 1 0 9 2  7 7
Blokkmonsta  3 1 1 1 5 5  0 4
Aeroracing   3 1 0 2 5 7 -2 3
Vixen        3 1 0 2 1 6 -5 3

The results see the following draw

MRT       Blokkmonsta
Gillet    Jones
Voeckler  Nurminen
Mecha     Kjellerup

Betfair have given these odds on winning the cup

Voeckler - 1-3
MRT - Evens
Jones - 3-2
Mecha 4-1
Gillet 8-1
Kjellerup 10-1
Blokkmonsta - 25-1
Nurimen 50-1

With the wooden spoon draw is, where the losers play each other and the final loser gets the coverted Wooden Spoon.

Fusion   Euromotor
Venturi  Vixen

Odd on the wooden spoon are

Euromotor 1-5
Vixen 3-1
Venturi 5-1
Fusion 10-1
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

2019 ARWS KINKI GRAND PRIX

Venue:Suzuka International Racing Course
Lenght:5807 m
Race lenght:55 laps
2018 winner:--

Qualifying: Wet - 90%
Race: Wet - 50%

PRE-QUALIFYING

1. Naoki Shinjo (USD) -- 1.36.396
2. Shinobu Katayama (USD) -- 1.36.438 (+0.042)
3. Wouter Lamberigts (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.36.757 (+0.361)
4. Martin McFry (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.36.968 (+0.572)
5. Jesus Plaza (RLR) -- 1.37.121 (+0.725)
6. Akira Yamamura (Kamaha) -- 1.37.437 (+1.041)
7. Gianluigi Pazzini (RLR) -- 1.37.560 (+1.164)
8. Shane Walsh (Gillet) -- 1.37.876 (+1.480)
9. Alexandre Dorval (Gillet) -- 1.37.952 (+1.556)
10. Nick Nurmester (Kamaha) -- 1.38.165 (+1.769)
11. Daniel Martins (Aeroracing) -- 1.39.109 (+2.713)
12. Du Lon (Euromotor) -- 1.39.187 (+2.791)
13. Gregor Pascal (Aeroracing) -- 1.39.357 (+2.961)
14. Takuma Taki (Euromotor) -- 1.40.389 (+3.993)

QUALIFYING
Watch full highlights of Qualifying here. (Warning: Gratuitous crashing)

1. Mark Dagnall (Kjellerup) -- 1.50.281
2. Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen (Kjellerup) -- 1.50.409 (+0.128)
3. Phillippe Nicolas (Voeckler) -- 1.50.450 (+0.169)
4. Alberto Cara (MRT) -- 1.50.613 (+0.332)
5. Salvatore Miccoli (MRT) -- 1.50.959 (+0.678)
6. Andrej Kremnicky (Venturi) -- 1.51.006 (+0.725)
7. Fredo Mestolio (Venturi) -- 1.51.291 (+1.010)
8. Alexey Buyvolov (Simpson) -- 1.52.208 (+1.927)
9. Dan Greenlaw (Voeckler) -- 1.52.244 (+1.963)
10. Naoki Shinjo (USD) -- 1.52.644 (+2.363)
11. Nathanael Cameron (Jones) -- 1.53.801 (+3.520)
12. Danny van Rijkens (EVR) -- 1.53.880 (+3.599)
13. John Bean (Mecha) -- 1.54.201 (+3.920)
14. Gary Pacer (Jones) -- 1.54.286 (+4.005)
15. Shinobu Katayama (USD) -- 1.54.316 (+4.035)
16. Hansuke Shioya (EVR) -- 1.54.358 (+4.077)
17. Martin McFry (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.54.482 (+4.201)
18. Jesus Plaza (RLR) -- 1.54.488 (+4.207)
19. Alessandro Lucarelli (NRE) -- 1.54.919 (+4.638)
20. Wouter Lamberigts (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.54.998 (+4.717)
21. Marko Jantscher (NRE) -- 1.55.075 (+4.794)
22. Jean-Luc Schiller (Simpson) -- 1.55.722 (+5.441)
23. Nino Barlini (Mecha) -- 1.56.034 (+5.734)
24. Terry Hawkin (Fusion) -- 1.56.481 (+6.200)
25. Gianluigi Pazzini (RLR) -- 1.57.716 (+7.435)
26. Akira Yamamura (Kamaha) -- 1.58.796 (+8.515)
DNQ. Marcel Agyemang-Badu (Fusion) -- 2.01.221 (+10.940)
DNQ. Nick Nurmester (Kamaha) -- No time

RACE

1. Bastiaan van NIeuwenhuijzen (Kjellerup) -- 1h 34m 02.381
2. Phillippe Nicolas (Voeckler) -- +5.698
3. Fredo Mestolio (Venturi) -- +6.263
4. Nathanael Cameron (Jones) -- +1 Lap
5. Jesus Plaza (RLR) -- +2 Laps
6. Nino Barlini (Mecha) -- +2 Laps
7. Alexey Buyvolov (Simpson) -- +4 Laps (*)
DNF. Danny van Rijkens (EVR) -- Engine
DNF. Alberto Cara (MRT) -- Engine
DNF. Jean-Luc Schiller (Simpson) -- Accident
DNF. Naoki Shinjo (USD) -- Electrical
DNF. Mark Dagnall (Kjellerup) -- Suspension
DNF. Akira Yamamura (Kamaha) -- Accident
DNF. Gianluigi Pazzini (RLR) -- Accident
DNF. Martin McFry (Blokkmonsta) -- Loose Wheel
DNF. John Bean (Mecha) -- Engine
DNF. Dan Greenlaw (Voeckler) -- Engine
DNF. Andrej Kremnicky (Venturi) -- Accident
DNF. Salvatore Miccoli (MRT) -- Suspension/Accident
DNF. Marko Jantscher (NRE) -- Engine
DNF. Wouter Lamberigts (Blokkmonsta) -- Accident
DNF. Gary Pacer (Jones) -- Loose Wheel
DNF. Shinobu Katayama (USD) -- Accident
DNF. Alessandro Lucarelli (NRE) -- Accident
DNF. Hansuke Shioya (EVR) -- Transmission
DNF. Terry Hawkin (Fusion) -- Accident

Fastest Lap: Fredo Mestolio (Venturi) -- 1.42.227
DOTR: Venturi / Plaza - On their own different sides of the grid, the heroes of the day
ROTR: Fusion - One DNQ, and Hawkin slammed himself into the wall after 100m. This ROTR pretty much explains itself.

Penalties:

Achievements:

PRISON BREAK: USD
DRESS REHEARSAL: USD
THE HERO WE DESERVE: Euromotor
FREEFALL: Fusion
HEADLINER: Kjellerup
REPEAT OFFENDER: USD, Blokkmonsta
ON THE BOARD: RLR, Mecha
CAMEO: Fusion
PLOT TWIST: Kjellerup
MR CONSISTENT: Kjellerup
QUICK LEARNER: Mecha, Jones
RUN FOR THE BORDER: Blockmonsta, Jones
Last edited by Aerond on 14 May 2017, 15:12, edited 2 times in total.
Miguel98

Re: ARWS 2019 -- KINKI GP - Pre-Q LIVE NOW! GP Sunday 11am

Post by Miguel98 »

You know what? Enjoy your bathplug' shitfest.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Star Sports wrote:Bean rues missed opportunity for points

Having climbed his way into the Top 10 after putting his Mecha GP machine 13th on the Kinki GP grid, John Bean was looking set for a good result, until a mechanical gremlin forced him to park up early in the race.

The Brit, who has a large following in Indonesia, talked of his disappointment that he couldn't bring the car home, believing points were a possibility for him at Suzuka.

"For sure, points were an achievable objective today," he explained. "Wet conditions are a great equaliser. The car felt good, we had good pace early in the race, and with so many drivers making mistakes, if we'd kept it on the island we'd have got a point or two on the board."

Despite the variable conditions, Bean suggested these hypothetical points would have been scored on merit,
rather than through sheer attrition alone.

"We had a similar pace in the opening stint to the Simpsons and Joneses. This is the pace you need for the lower points places, so it's a shame that when we had the speed for a Top 6, we couldn't convert it. Such is life,
I guess."

It was not a bad day overall for Mecha however. The high level of attrition meant that despite finishing last, the Italian rookie Nino Barlini was able to pick up a point for finishing in 6th, two laps down.

Image Image
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Right, time to say something since my head is now clearer'ish.

Aerond, I like ARWS, I seriously do. And I'm trying to have enough pacience for this in order not to leave the game. I like to have a team here, but I can't have get the feeling that somehone bogus is happening here.

I always knew ARWS was kek just for beeing kek, but this season is just taking to stupid levels. Suzuka is the last drought for me. I can't take joy out of something that is purposedly build to bathplug the player - and this season, specially so far for my team, has been bullshit. Suzuka was just bullshit. You should have restarted qualifying and you know it. The fact the defending champions are now in Pre-Qualifying is one of the biggest bathplug I've ever seen, and it's not the first time in canon I've wondered, if for some reason, my teams always end up getting bathplug in favour of others just because I'm the manager.
I can't get quite why you didn't restart it if the CC mistake rate was bogus - that was a retarded qualifying sessions and you know it.

I won't leave ARWS for now, but I'm considering it if this shite won't get fixed and if things don't calm down regarding bullshitery. Because right now, this is the most bullshit ARWS has been since I joined GP Rejects.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

First points of the season, yeah! Poor Bean though :(
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AutoReject Monthly wrote:Lean, Mean, Fighting Barlini

Nino Barlini has never been the most outgoing driver. In his nascent days in the former F1 Rejects Development Series, Nino would run straight from the track into the team motorhome, holing up for a bit while the paddock media sniffed around the garages post-session.

Although he's still quiet and reserved today, you can feel that Nino's much more at ease with himself. So he should be. He's made it, hasn't he?

Nino smirks. "I wouldn't say that", he replies.

But he HAS made it to the AutoReject World Series, although it's generally considered that he was a very left-field selection for the Mecha team. Achieving their first ever points last season, Mecha were expected to keep their Jesus Plaza/John Bean lineup for 2019, which was considered by many to be their strongest lineup in the sport thus far. Then, Plaza fell out with the management. Rumours of a bust-up between the Mexican and team principal Mahmud Effendi were unfounded, but were a product of the tenuous relationship between the two.

Barlini, on the other hand, was coming off the back of a middling AR3.5 season. The Italian showed great pace, but had a tendency to flounder among the strong 2018 field. However, with help from his Italian backers (including the likes of Technogym and Edilkamin) and his management team at Astro, Barlini was able to tempt Effendi to take him on alongside Bean.

"It was a crazy few months" says Barlini wistfully. "I didn't feel like I got on with the 3.5 car, but I sort of felt resigned to doing another year. But my team, Nebula, signed Jorge (Alvarez Torrente) and (Marjolein) Postma and I was wondering what was going on!

"Jacques Couteau, who has looked out for me from day one, said 'don't worry, it'll all work out for you'. I trust him."

Barlini had some tests in the 2018 Fusion, but 2019 was to be his first racing experience in ARWS machinery. With the demise of the Gauthier team, Mecha had picked up the works Pure-Hart contract, and with Pirelli's famous qualifying tyres adorning the new FM-19 car, Barlini seemed immediately comfortable in the pre-season tests.

Adelaide was Barlini's biggest test thus far. Shaking the "paydriver" tag would not come easily, but Nino produced a moment of sheer bewilderment among the ARWS establishment by occupying 6th on the grid, outqualifying reigning champion Terry Hawkin. With less pace in race trim, Barlini still managed an impressive eighth with a quiet, incident-free drive to silence the doubters further.

"That qualifying lap...I don't know how I did this! Our car is very quick in qualifying, it is strong and stable through the corners, and the Pirelli guys do the best quali tyres. I just managed to get everything together!

"Seeing my name above Terry's was a shock, for sure. He is so quick, he helped me with so many things when I tested with Fusion, and I have to thank him!"

Bathurst was not quite as strong for Barlini, but the way he dealt with a tougher weekend was commendable. A stuck throttle put Barlini out of the race, which he openly admits was an incredibly scary moment.

"Man, I didn't know what to do! I am trying to brake for this corner, and my car just keeps going and going. I kicked the pedal, but I could not do anything. I had to slow down on the brakes, go down through the gears to come to a stop. I think I broke the gearbox a bit..."

Last weekend in Suzuka was Nino's breakout moment. Torrential rain made sure that qualifying was a total washout, and Barlini could only qualify 23rd on the grid after struggling with setup issues. Preparing for the race, Nino was studious in his approach.

"I didn't have much rain experience, so I knew I just had to get on the grid. I watched videos overnight of how the top guys carry the speed into the corners. Wider lines were something I needed to do, because there's more grip there with a wet surface.

"But I knew that I was not going to make up the positions by taking risks, otherwise I wouldn't finish. So I drove slowly. I used wide lines, I stayed away from the low gears, and took my time. The guys ahead of me had crashes and went off, but because I was so slow I stayed on-track!"

It reads almost like one of Aesop's fables. Slow and steady paid off handsomely for Nino Barlini that day, and he secured his first ever world championship point.

"Yeah, yeah, I know I was basically last of the guys left. But I could have gone off at any time if I pushed harder. I didn't want to do that."

The ARWS field returns to Europe for the next round, at Barlini's home circuit of Monza. He's done "hundreds" of laps, and with Mecha's latent qualifying pace, Nino will be hoping he can show his growing Italian fanbase what he's made of.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

RejectSport wrote
Missed Oportunities Will Hurt Later

Long faces were found around Union Saver Developments' garage after the ARWS round at Suzuka Circuit. USD head honcho, Karl Lichter Shultz gave a press conference after the event.
"It's a pity that this happened during this particular round, as our engine partner and drivers are locals, and we expected to be on the run. As pre-qualify and qualify proper showed, we were on the upper midfield, the cars runned solid and the base is there, even though we were late to introduce the new spec Daihatsu engine. It's a pity that an electrical glitch in Shinjo's EMS just shut the car in the main straight, but that's what you could expect of racing: it can happen the unexpected. On the other side, although she showed proper commitment on Friday and Saturday, Katayama's shunt on the main straight is something not proper of an experienced driver. Right now, she's not giving her all, and while I can understand that she still need time to know entirely the car, she must gear up. With the field so even up, this missed oportunities will hurt later in the season."

Naoki Shinjo wrote

I'm sad with a lost oportunity. The car was flying on Friday and Saturday, and I expected the race to be quite close, and it was. Jumping one position at the getaway, the car just hold the pace in upper midfield, and by the time of the first pitstops, we were navigating in points territory! Sadly, I muss confess I made a mistake on the approach to Spoon, and when I was getting back onto the rythim, an electrical issue appeared just as I was passing the main straight, just like happened in Long Beach last year. Hopefully, on the next round at Monza, the circuit where our pace improved drastically last year, we will take what was robbed from us today.
Normal32

Re: ARWS 2019 -- KINKI GP - Results P4!

Post by Normal32 »

Automobil-Revue wrote:Fuel pump issues delay upgraded Venturi car to Marrakech

Following issues with fuel consumption, the brand new V-512 will be delayed for the African round. However, a spokesperson said this;

"It has allowed us to gain extra time in the car, and give it some extra tweaks to make it perform better. According to telemetry, the new version should be far faster than the one planned for the Kinki GP." "We have also hired a new designer to help us with the car, which will hopefully give us more feedback to iron out any issues." "We hope that this car will shot us up into the upper midfield."

MotorSport Magazine wrote:Venturi to pull out backing of ARWS team?

Venturi are looking pretty good. Following a podium at the wet weather Kinki GP, after leading several laps,Venturi could be seen as a black horse in the season. Howeer, one of the major backers, Venturi Automobiles, is starting to run low on patience, some rumours say.

Following a meeting at an undisclosed location, Venturi have decided to pull out backing from the team at the end of 2019. Just a reminder that the team is not actually run by Venturi; it's merely a deal with the actual runners of the team, Valerian Racing Engines. Following this pull-out, Venturi are looking at a bleak situation,with that deal being the only thing keeping their ARWS operation afloat. However, soon after, it was confirmed that a buyer for the team was found, and a whole rebranding of the team incluiding a nationality change will happen in 2020.

Venturi haven't responded to these claims.

AutoSprint wrote:Venturi pleased with Kinki perfomance

Following the Kinki race, Venturi have, against all odds, put in a great perfomance. They led quite a few laps and hadn't been for a loose wheel, they would have won race.

Samuel De Sauveterre has said; "This was a fantastic perfomance by the team. We we're doing quite well out there, and we're hoping to improve this on Monza." "This will be our year, we feel". "Hopefully, from Morocco on, we can start being regular top 15 drivers in the grid." "We are confident we make the right decision regarding tyres, and we are working hard with Bridgestone to iron out any issues with the tyres." "At the moment, the tyres are a bit unreliable." "The engine has gotten better, and we hope that we can further improve it down the pipeline."

RacingCoffee+- wrote:Fusion's Fusion Didn't Work

Following the fusion between Fusion Motorsport and Lotto Racing into Fusion Lotto Racing, many we're expecting more than ever from the British outfit. However, the complete opposite happened.

Following a demotion to PQ, we look at Fusion this year.

Following a rather interesting pre-season testing, racing came around, and they got complete and utterly destroyed thanks to their outdated chassis. Hawkin was able to carry the cheese machine up to respectable heights in Australia, but wet weather put dampers on his perfomance in both the Kinki GP and NSW GP,
to the point where you wonder whatever he even gives that much of a shite anymore. And we haven't even begn with the piss-poor Marcel Agyemang-Badu, who has deliver the worst perfomances known to mankind,incluiding a DNQ. This what the driver that was defended by everyone?!?!?!?.

Test drivers aren't that much better. Matthias Valsattis stopped being relevant since eons ago, and McReynolds is struggling to adapt with the European enviroment following some bad perfomances in AR3.5.

ARWSRapidFire wrote:Kinki perfomances; now it gets wet

1. Bastian van Nieuwenhuijzen - 8 - Only won because of Mestolio's loose wheel and Nicolas' spin.
2. Phillippe Nicolas - 7 - If only he hadn't spun out...
3. Fredo Mestolio - 10 - Another class perfomance from the Italian.
4. Nathanael Cameron - 5 - Kept the car on the road, at least.
5. Jesus Plaza - 11 - Against all odds, points for RLR.
6. Nino Barlini - 3 - Lackluster perfomance.
7. Alexey Buyvolov - 6 - Meh.
DNF. Danny van Rijkens - 6 - Was doing for points.
DNF. Alberto Cara - 7 - Could have been better.
DNF. Jean-Luc Schiller - 5 - *snore*
DNF. Naoki Shinjyo - 3 - Blew it twice.
DNF. Mark Dagnall - 10 - The car failed on him.
DNF. Akira Yamamura - 5 - Respectable perfomance on poor machinery.
DNF. Gianluigi Pazzini - 8 - Alongside Plaza, pushed the car beyond it's limits.
DNF. Martin McFry - 3 - I want some fries.
DNF. Dan Greenlaw - 6 - Engine kaboom.
DNF. Andrej Kremnicky - 5 - Was doing fairly well before the slip-up.
DNF. Salvatore Miccoli - 2 - Lel.
DNF. Marko Janschter - 4 - Wasn't particularly notable.
DNF. Wouter Lamberigts - 2 - Lel.
DNF. Gary Pacer - 3 - Meh.
DNF. Shinobu Katayama - 3 - Not exactly the best of impressions.
DNF. Alessandro Lucarelli - 2 - Lel.
DNF. Hansuke Shioya - 4 - Was okay... for Shioya's standards, ie none.
DNF. Terry Hawkin - -10 - Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....
DNQ. Marcel Agyemang-Badu - -10000000 -Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
DNQ. Nick Nurmester - 2 - His future in ARWS is looking bleak.
DNPQ. Shane Walsh - 4 - Meh.
DNPQ. Alex Dorval - 4 - Meh.
DNPQ. Daniel Martins - 5 - Woeful machinery.
DNPQ. Gregor Pascal - -10 - Did he seriously got beaten by an Euromotor?!

Drive of the Day: 1st. Jesus Plaza / 2nd. Fredo Mestolio
Reject of the Day: Fusion Lotto Racing
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: ARWS 2019 -- Monza LIVE! - Next: Pre-Q

Post by Aerond »

2019 ARWS ITALIAN GRAND PRIX

Venue: Autodromo Nazionale di Monza
Lenght: 5770m
Race lenght: 55 Laps
2018 winner: Terry Hawkin (Fusion)

Weekend weather:

Qualifying: Dry
Race: Dry

PRE-QUALIFYING

1. Terry Hawkin (Fusion) -- 1.16.715
2. Marcel Agyemang-Badu (Fusion) -- 1.17.560 (+0.845)
3. Gianluigi Pazzini (RLR) -- 1.17.929 (+1.214)
4. Akira Yamamura (Kamaha) -- 1.18.266 (+1.551)
5. Jesus Plaza (RLR) -- 1.18.456 (+1.741)
6. Nick Nurmester (Kamaha) -- 1.18.461 (+1.788)
7. Wouter Lamberigts (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.18.503 (+1.788)

8. Shane Walsh (Gillet) -- 1.18.535 (+1.820)
9. Martin McFry (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.18.652 (+1.937)
10. Alexandre Dorval (Gillet) -- 1.18.999 (2.284)
11. Daniel Martins (Aeroracing) -- 1.19.386 (+2.671)
12. Gregor Pascal (Aeroracing) -- 1.19.803 (+3.088)
13. Takuma Taki (Euromotor) -- 1.20.513 (+3.798)
14. Du Lon (Euromotor) -- 1.20.630 (+3.915)

QUALIFYING

1. Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen (Kjellerup) -- 1.15.717
2. Mark Dagnall (Kjellerup) -- 1.16.224 (+0.507)
3. Phillippe Nicolas (Voeckler) -- 1.16.459 (+0.742)
4. Dan Greenlaw (Voeckler) -- 1.16.684 (+0.967)
5. Terry Hawkin (Fusion) -- 1.16.792 (+1.075)
6. Alberto Cara (MRT) -- 1.16.800 (+1.083)
7. Salvatore Miccoli (MRT) -- 1.16.842 (+1.125)
8. Alexey Buyvolov (Simpson) -- 1.16.875 (+1.158)
9. Naoki Shinjo (USD) -- 1.17.225 (+1.508)
10. Marcel Agyemang-Badu (Fusion) -- 1.17.297 (+1.580)
11. Kenan Ardaoglu (Venturi) -- 1.17.301 (+1.584)
12. Danny van Rijkens (EVR) -- 1.17.377 (+1.660)
13. Fredo Mestolio (Venturi) -- 1.17.458 (+1.741)
14. Nino Barlini (Mecha) -- 1.17.539 (+1.822)
15. Akira Yamamura (Kamaha) -- 1.17.646 (+1.929)
16. Alessandro Lucarelli (NRE) -- 1.17.654 (+1.937)
17. Shinobu Katayama (USD) -- 1.17.657 (+1.940)
18. John Bean (Mecha) -- 1.17.803 (+2.086)
19. Hansuke Shioya (EVR) -- 1.17.847 (+2.130)
20. Jean-Luc Schiller (Simpson) -- 1.18.083 (+2.366)
21. Marko Jantscher (NRE) -- 1.18.110 (+2.393)
22. Nathanael Cameron (Jones) -- 1.18.307 (+2.590)
23. Jesus Plaza (RLR) -- 1.18.573 (+2.856)
24. Martin McFry (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.18.613 (+2.896)
25. Gary Pacer (Jones) -- 1.18.694 (+2.977)
26. Nick Nurmester (Kamaha) -- 1.18.919 (+3.202)
DNQ. Gianluigi Pazzini (RLR) -- 1.18.963 (+3.246)
DNQ. Wouter Lamberigts (Blokkmonsta) -- 1.19.232 (+3.515)

RACE

1. Mark Dagnall (Kjellerup) -- 1h 12m 38.808
2. Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen (Kjellerup) -- +6.134
3. Marcel Agyemang-Badu (Fusion) -- +1 Lap
4. Jean-Luc Schiller (Simpson) -- +1 Lap
5. Alessandro Lucarelli (NRE) -- +2 Laps
6. Danny van Rijkens (EVR) -- +2 Laps
DNF. Kenan Ardaoglu (Venturi) -- Engine
DNF. Alberto Cara (MRT) -- Suspension
DNF. Alexey Buyvolov (Simpson) -- Accident
DNF. Salvatore Miccoli (MRT) -- Transmission
DNF. Nathanael Cameron (Jones) -- Water Leak
DNF. Marko Jantscher (NRE) -- Accident
DNF. Akira Yamamura (Kamaha) -- Puncture
DNF. Fredo Mestolio (Venturi) -- Throttle
DNF. Naoki Shinjo (USD) -- Engine
DNF. Hansuke Shioya (EVR) -- Engine
DNF. Terry Hawkin (Fusion) -- Engine
DNF. John Bean (Mecha) -- Transmission
DNF. Nick Nurmester (Kamaha) -- Puncture
DNF. Phillippe Nicolas (Voeckler) -- Engine
DNF. Martin McFry (Blokkmonsta) -- Transmission
DNF. Dan Greenlaw (Voeckler) -- Accident
DNF. Jesus Plaza (RLR) -- Accident
DNF. Nino Barlini (Mecha) -- Accident
DNF. Shinobu Katayama (USD) -- Accident
DNF. Gary Pacer (Jones) -- Accident

Fastest Lap: Mark Dagnall (Kjellerup) -- 1.17.123
DOTR: Marcel Badu: Shook off all the pressure by running closer to Hawkin than ever and took care of the car to score a well deserved podium.
ROTR: Jantscher: Was useless the whole day.

Penalties:
Jesus Plaza -- One race ban -- Triggered a multi car shunt at Turn 1.
Terry Hawkin -- Sending Shinjo off track on lap 3; triggering a multiple accident.

Achievements:
PRISON BREAK -- Fusion
DRESS REHEARSAL -- Fusion
START N' PARKED -- Euromotor
REPEAT OFFENDER -- Blokkmonsta
FREEFALL -- Jones
HEADLINER -- Kjellerup
HARD CHARGER -- USD, Venturi
EXIT STAGE WINDOW -- NRE
ON THE BOARD -- Fusion, EVR
HOGGER -- Kjellerup
CAMEO -- RLR, USD, Mecha, Jones
MR CONSISTENT -- Kjellerup
YOUNG GUN -- Fusion
KICKED OUT OF CLASS -- RLR, Fusion
Last edited by Aerond on 05 Jun 2017, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.
Normal32

Re: ARWS 2019 -- Monza Results P4

Post by Normal32 »

Automobil-Revue wrote:Venturi pleased with Monza perfomance

After a rather pleasing perfomance, Venturi boss Samuel de Sauveterre expressed his opinions on Venturi's perfomance at Monza:

"We had a very good weekend, we managed to improve a lot of our dry perfomance." "However, the new B-Spec should boost our perfomance to the top 10." "Kenan Ardaoglu's at the top of his game, he has been doing pretty good since his comeback on testing. We are now moving to Marrakech, we already tested and put to rest some heating issues with the car."

Autosport+ wrote:Italian GP to be moved?

Following a rather uneventful Italian GP, Monza has come under criticism due to it's poor safety. Because of this, it's rumoured that the ARWS Italian Grand Prix could be moved to another venue, potentially Autodromo di Pergusa or the one-chicane configuration of Monza that was used by F1 up until 2017. Other options at hand include a sweeping fast circuit named Miotta San Giovanni, currently in it's early phases. What it is known, however, is that Monza will not go unscathed following the events of today.

ARWSRapidFire wrote:1. Mark Dagnall - 9 - Pretty good perfomance.
2. Bastian van Nieuwenhuijzen - 8 - The only one of the finishers that was on pace.
3. Marcel Agyemang-Badu - 3 - One lap down, was still off the pace, got carried by the engine...
4. Jean-Luc Schiller - 3 - Another fluke.
5. Alessandro Lucarelli - 3 - Same here.
6. Danny van Rijkens - 7 - First points for EVR.
DNF. Kenan Ardaoglu - 8 - Pretty good return.
DNF. Alberto Cara - 6 - Decent stuff as always.
DNF. Alexey Buyvolov - 5 - Had it, and he threw it.
DNF. Salvatore Miccoli - 7 - Seems to be getting better each weekend.
DNF. Nathanael Cameron - 4 - Wasn't at the top of his game, and the underpowered engine didn't help.
DNF. Marko Janschter - 3 - Bleh.
DNF. Akira Yamamura - 7 - Commendable perfomance for the Japanese.
DNF. Fredo Mestolio - 4 - Eh.
DNF. Naoki Shinjo - 5 - Victim of an engine failure.
DNF. Hansuke Shioya - 3 - Should retire.
DNF. Terry Hawkin - 1 - You nutcase!
DNF. John Bean - 4 - Seems the qualifying advantage is not in their favour at high-speed circuits...
DNF. Nick Nurmester - 2 - Fairly underwhelming stuff as usual.
DNF. Phillippe Nicolas - 6 - His engine goes kaboom... again.
DNF. Martin McFry - 3 - I want two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip...
DNF. Dan Greenlaw - 4 - Not anything remarkable.
DNF. Jesus Plaza - 2 - Another nutcase.
DNF. Nino Barlini - 3 - Not much to talk about.
DNF. Shinobu Katayama - 4 - Surely not much more left for her...
DNF. Gary Pacer - 2 - Dragged Jones to exciting new lows.
DNQ. Gianluigi Pazzini - 4 - Did his best.
DNQ. Wouter Lamberigts - 1 - If you can't even fullfill your one purpose in the team...
DNPQ. Shane Walsh - 2 - Gillet please.
DNPQ. Alex Dorval - 2 - Same here.
DNPQ. Daniel Martins - 3 - Eugh.
DNPQ. Gregor Pascal - 1 - 0.5 seconds off the pace of your teammate. Piss-poor showing.

Driver of the Day: Akira Yamamura
Reject of the Day: Terry Hawkin
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Autosport wrote:Badu finally showing what he can do - Rocha

Despite a dismal start to the season for the Fusion-Lotto operation in ARWS, where the team hadn't scored any points until this weekend Italian Grand Prix, things have finally get on track on the belgian squad as, to the surprise many, Marcel Agyemang-Badu was the first to score the teams first points of the season by finishing 3rd in this weekend Italian Grand Prix, held at Monza. It was the team's first podium of the season and Badu's first podium and points in ARWS.

In the end of the race, Miguel Rocha was delighted on the pitwall - "This is what Badu can do! People have been critizing Marcel for a while, claiming he can't make it in big leagues, but today he proved otherwise. He suffered a problem mid-race with overcooking brakes which he had to nurse for much of the second part of the race, but he still brought the car home in one piece. And it's 5 points for us!"

Terry Hawkin on the other hand got himself a race ban for taking out Naoki Shinjo while running in P4 for the race, which effectivelly doesn't help Fusion for the next race, the Morocco GP - "Terry's ban is... I wasn't expecting it. Terry is getting nervous the car isn't to what he wants and he's overdriving it too many times. Obivously, it didn't help he was stuck behind a much slower car which didn't get out of the way.... Terry will regroup this weekend, since we told him to stay in Britain taking care of himself while prepping for the next race following Morocco. It was a shame, because he could've scored at least a podium this weekend, but they, that's racing."
Rocha declined to comment on who'll replace the brit this coming weekend.~

ARWSi.com wrote:Yamamura to replace Hawkin at Fusion?

As the 2019 Morrocan Grand Prix gets closer and closer, the rumours going around for who'll replace Terry Hawkin in the leading Fusion-Lotto car - as the brit serves his race ban - exponentially increase in quantity, with ones more idiotic than others.

Today, the rumour is a strong one, as Akira Yamamura's agent confirmed on Japanese television there was contact from Fusion regarding the availability of the young japanese talent for this weekend - "The day after the italian GP, Rocha called me and asked me if Kamaha and Akira would be fine with driving this weekend at Morocco replacing Hawkin. At first, I thought he was joking, but then I realised he wasn't. I called Akira and told him about the offer, but I didn't get a answer, since he prefered to speak to Barii Mori first. I haven't heard about him since, and its' been almost a week! But the interest is there".

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Normal32 wrote:
Just don't ask hime for a number 69. That would suck...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

EVR pleased to score points
Eric Vincent Racing scored their first points of their ARWS campaign when Danny Van Rijkens crossed the finish line at Monza. "We were not expecting to score points this early into our programme, it was not in our plan for 2019 so to do it in the 4th race is fantastic. They guys have done a great job it great to reward them. we have scored one how many more can we score?" said Eric Vincent

EVR to introduce upgrades
After scoring their first points of the season, their is speculation that Eric Vincent Racing are on the verge of introducing upgrades sooner then initially planned. A spokesman for the team said "We had planned to upgrade the FA.2 this year but after the start to the season went better then planned we hope to introduce upgrades sooner then we had planned for as well has changing our plan about what we were going to do to the car."
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Rejectsports wrote
Spell of Bad Luck

More frustration was what the Union Saver Development team found after the ARWS round at the fast-paced Monza. USD's head, Karl Lichter Shultz, offered a press conference afterwards. "In racing, you need some luck, something that had abandoned us in the last two rounds of ARWS. We have done our job with the car, as well as Daihatsu with the engine. (Naoki) Shinjo has prove that the car can be quite competitive, but these two races have only gave us headaches after headaches. It's like a spell of bad luck around us. We just need a problem-free weekend to be inside the real fight. Also, that luck applies to stay away from dementia-induced drivers like Hawkin who think that he own the whole track for his sorry ***. Fusion-Lotto owes us not only an apology, but a couple credits for fixing Shinjo's car thanks to their developing idiocy."

Naoki Shinjo wrote

With the new engine spec, the car is what we expected at the opening of the season. A solid qualify inside the top then, and the furious charge into P2 was like a dream. And even if we drop to P4, we were still in the pace. Unfortunately, Hawkin thought that overtaking at Lesmo 1 was a good idea and he just throw me out of the track. Worst of all, after the race we saw that the crash had damaged the engine management system, which explains why the engine gave up later. As the boss already said to the press, we need a problem-free weekend, and quite honestly, a lot of luck..."