2016 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Reject of the Race

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
lance_rambert

2016 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Reject of the Race

Post by lance_rambert »

Here's the last one of these for 2016. Pick whoever you thought was the biggest, and second biggest, goit on track today.

My Picks:

1. Scuderia Toro Rosso - Nowhere all weekend. and a double DNF.

2. Jolyon Palmer - Almost ran out of talent, nearly taking out Sainz before the gearbox failure.

HM:
- Manor, for that collision and potiential double DNF
Last edited by lance_rambert on 27 Nov 2016, 21:34, edited 2 times in total.
UncreativeUsername37

Re: 2016 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Reject of the Race

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

1. Jolyon Palmer. He might've avoided a collision if he turned the steering wheel the other way.
2. Nico Rosberg, for not winning the race and giving us a title win to argue over for decades to come.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

1) Toro Rosso - To watch them slide down the grid over the season, despite Sainz's efforts, has been pretty demoralizing, so for them to suffer those punctures in practice, run near the back for most of the weekend and then double-DNF in the last race was really sad to see.
2) Button's suspension

HMs: Renault drivers, Hamiltno
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

1. Everyone except Mercedes.
Hamilton and Rosberg could have won by 30 seconds under normal circumstances. Everyone else was just too slow, even with Lewis driving like a Granny!

2. Mercedes.
You knew what Lewis needed to do, just let them race, if Nico wanted to pass, let him go for it!

HM to Jolyon Palmer.
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

1. Scuderia Toro Rosso: Wheel rim failures, double Q1 elimination and double retirement... what a disaster!
2. Jolyon Palmer: You were supposed to overtake Sainz, not run into him.

Dishonorable mention: Button's suspension: Sad ending to a great career.
novitopoli
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by novitopoli »

1. Toro Rosso - Their worst weekend in years.
2. Jolyon Palmer - That was a pretty awful move. A "rookie mistake" by a guy with 20 races under his belt.
sw3ishida wrote:Jolyon Palmer brought us closer as a couple, for which I am grateful.

Ataxia wrote:
Londoner wrote:Something I've thought about - what happens to our canon should we have a worldwide recession or some other outside event?

We'll be fine. It's Canon, non Kodak.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

1. Lewis Hamil... nah. Williams. Did anyone see a Williams at any point in that race? Except maybe when Bottas retired? I didn't. (Yes I know Massa scored points for 9th, but it was really anonymous)

2. Jolyon Palmer. "Hi, I'm a professional racing driver who doesn't understand what happens when you get right under someone's rear wing."
Aguaman

Post by Aguaman »

1. Palmer - The collision was just lol.

2. Toro Rosso - Two gearbox failures.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

1 - Vettel/Ferrari - Can't even catch a Merc going slow
2 - Anybody who thinks Hamilton may get sacked after yesterday
Just For One Day...
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Only one.
1: Hamilton's whining at the end. Seriously. "I've lost the championship, why should I care about losing the race?" or whatever it was he said.

For a moment in the race I thought Lewis might be able to take a loss in stride, and then he went and said that. His tactical driving made me actually respect him for a fraction of a moment until he reminded me why I can't stand his entitled ass.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

1. Toro Rosso: Horrible weekend throughout from the mysterious problems to not getting out of Q1 to a double DNF. It was definitely not a Grand Prix that team needed.
2. Jenson Button's wheel: Why fail on his last Grand Prix?
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
James1978

Post by James1978 »

1: I'm going to be controversial and say Mercedes management. OK the constructors championship was won months ago, and Daniel Ricciardo fell out of contention for the drivers championship about the same time so it's purely inter-team. They've won about a million races. So why fret about the possibility of losing ONE race win because one of your drivers is trying to do what he needs to do to win the drivers' championship, and there's even rumours he could be fired? Could understand if he'd been doing that all year or even in the last 3 or 4 races but just this once? Come off it. Christian Horner warned you!

2: Er - Button's car for disintegrating on him and denying him a great send off.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
razta

Post by razta »

DonTirri wrote:Only one.
1: Hamilton's whining at the end. Seriously. "I've lost the championship, why should I care about losing the race?" or whatever it was he said.

For a moment in the race I thought Lewis might be able to take a loss in stride, and then he went and said that. His tactical driving made me actually respect him for a fraction of a moment until he reminded me why I can't stand his entitled ass.

AAAAANNNDDD... didn't he say he will take it like a man?

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/hamil ... -w900qhrvq
Fetzie

Post by Fetzie »

1. Palmer, for showing everybody that he shouldn't be in the sport, because he isn't good enough to race against other drivers.
2. Andrew Benson, for his columns on the beeb website today.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

1 - Palmer: For another collision with a Toro Rosso for the second race in-a-row. Looks like he got "too relaxed" after his contract renewal.

2 - Toro Rosso: Dreadful weekend.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.